Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    We have a returning member joining our team ... Please welcome back @missGYST :)

Welcome back!

Thank you so much! :)
  • leeniekat
    tahm42 wrote: »
    We have a returning member joining our team ... Please welcome back @missGYST :)

Welcome back!

Went ice skating today. Boy that makes my booty hurt! No I didn't fall. Although I am actually scared of this activity. Just getting to the rink takes major pep talking. I was talking to another lady and she also says for her to get to the rink is a goldilocks day for her when everything is perfect. For me it is conquering fear.

Thank you! I love ice skating, that sounds like so much fun!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Went to my podiatrist appointment today ... still very ugly ... black n blue ... swollen and he said I have an infection around one of my screws ...He gave me antibotics and a stronger pain med ...and said stay off of it ..elevated etc (which I already do) I can not catch a break (literally )
  • leeniekat
    Went to my podiatrist appointment today ... still very ugly ... black n blue ... swollen and he said I have an infection around one of my screws ...He gave me antibotics and a stronger pain med ...and said stay off of it ..elevated etc (which I already do) I can not catch a break (literally )

I'm so sorry that you're going through this! I hope you get well as quickly as possible!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    missGYST wrote: »

I'm so sorry that you're going through this! I hope you get well as quickly as possible!

Thank you so much :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited October 2022
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in:
    Steps - 11170
    Calories - 2356
    Exercise - pickleball 2 hours, walked home afterwards, 36 minutes.

@lindamtuck2018 I always eat breakfast. 3 meals a day is my regimen.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry to hear about your foot. I hope it gets better and heals soon.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 738 Member

Hopefully things will start getting better soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 738 Member
    @lindamtuck2018
    Hi Linda, could you please change my weigh in day to Friday for November. Many thanks
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Steps: 4,150
    Exercise: ✔️
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    October badge: ✔️

I missed a bunch of sleep checks. So far so good with the sleep this week. Eating is better at night as a result. Weight hasn’t changed much.

I am thinking about starting to eat breakfast. Do you eat eat breakfast? Why or why not?

I am not a big breakfast eater I never really have been ... I have my bulletproof coffee that fills me up until lunch time

What is bulletproof coffee? Sorry your ankle is not healing well.
  • lindamtuck2018
    fatfifties wrote: »
    fatfifties wrote: »
    Losing weight is such a mind game!

Sharing my thoughts to add clarity to my decisions!

I m travelling in my rv, 'went home early October having lost another 10lb ... wore fitted clothes for the first time and people suddenly noticed my 80lb weight loss. Was a great feeling but majority of friends said .. brilliant but you don't need to lose more!

They planted a seed.

Octobers been frustrating ... exercising more than ever, eating right, but my weight loss is stalling. Demotivation has led to a 2 day mega binge :( I really thought I'd conquered my binging. So I'm up 4lb today. ( I know its probably carb water) but the number on the scales rules my life!

And I recognise that RIGHT NOW is my big decision moment
    At this exact point I know I have 2 choices

1. Carry on eating excessively ... see you back at 300lb in 18 months time! Like the previous 6 times I've lost loads of weight
    Or
    2. Get back on it. Overcome the food demons. Find the strength to lose that extra 21lb. Reach the weight I've dreamt of being. Implement my maintenance plan. Never get fat again!
    Tune in tomorrow for my decision!!!

I hope you make decision number two. In the last 2 weeks you lost just over three pounds. Healthy weight loss is between 1 to 2 pounds a week. You are losing weight at a very healthy rate of loss. Look at your binge as a slip. One of the best things I have learned is I need to be able to forgive myself when I slip and binge. I know you can overcome your food demons.

Thank you Linda for your encouragement. I've put my slip up behind me. Managed to get back on track the last 2 days, just got to get rid of the 4lb I gained!

It won’t take too long as I am sure some of it is water weight.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Jpedno wrote: »

I missed a bunch of sleep checks. So far so good with the sleep this week. Eating is better at night as a result. Weight hasn’t changed much.

I am thinking about starting to eat breakfast. Do you eat eat breakfast? Why or why not?

I love breakfast! Today I had steel cut oats with almonds, dates, flax seed meal, and soy milk. So delicious. I prep it the night before, soak the oats, almonds, dates in boiling water then warm it up in the morning and add the soy milk and flax. Super easy. The dates get kinda mushy and sweeten everything and the almonds are still crunchy but also swollen after being soaked all night.

Yesterday I went to a yoga class and it was so amazing. I love how yoga makes me feel strong and like my body can do things that I didn't know it could.

Sounds like a healthy breakfast. Maybe I will look at some recipes for overnight oats.
  • lindamtuck2018
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    SW: 388.6
    PW : 272.4
    CW: 268.8

Another fantastic loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 4,534
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

PW 208.6
    CW 206.2 😁

Pool was closed yesterday and is again today as they are doing maintenance. I might try some mini walks today depending on my back. I am definitely going to use my dumbbells and bands.

Thanks for answering the breakfast question. I played around with the diary the last few days with different breakfast options. Going to try again today and maybe try breakfast twice next week.
  • THUNDER5453
    THUNDER5453 Posts: 23 Member
    GM All
    PW.. 266.4
    CW..270
    OOPS heading in the wrong direction

Steps for the week
    10/23... 9048
    10/24..17165
    10/25..12717
    10/26..13250
    10/27..20707
    10/28..
    10/29..
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Rwood566
    Weigh in:
    PW: 237.4
    CW: 240. +2.6

I have been at 240 for 3 days. Doubt it is from extra salt.
  • chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

STEPS!

10/16 3892
    10/17 9804
    10/18 5632
    10/19 5669
    10/20 4259
    10/21 6037
    10/22 5345
    10/23 4435
    10/24 6949
    10/25 6230
    10/26 4690
    10/27 5389
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in:
    Steps - 11170
    Calories - 2356
    Exercise - pickleball 2 hours, walked home afterwards, 36 minutes.

@lindamtuck2018 I always eat breakfast. 3 meals a day is my regimen.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry to hear about your foot. I hope it gets better and heals soon.

Thank you so much Roger :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970

I am not a big breakfast eater I never really have been ... I have my bulletproof coffee that fills me up until lunch time

It is what some keto'er drink ... there are many versions ... mine is coffee, zero sugar pumpkin creamer, mct oil, butter, cappachino powder and collegen powder
  • Megan_smartiepants1970

Thanks Linda.... it still hurts like H3LL
This discussion has been closed.