Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    @happysquidmuffin Happy birthday to your daughter!

@TeresaW1020 You and Joe have a very romantic story, I'm glad it went so well! I like the idea of you and your sister losing together now, maybe the two of you can go on a trip or do something special when you both reach goal? I definitely know you can do this!

@trooworld I haven't tried that skinnytaste recipe but it sounds amazing! The Winter Pear Salad sounds amazing too, love pears in salad!

@19shmoo69 Way to go on starting a new workout routine, glad you're looking forward to it!

Hi team! I've had my nose buried in a book the last two days and woke up and decided to read instead of catching up on MFP while having my coffee this morning. Workout was good, did longer stretching and weights then meditated in the tub. I went to Auto Zone a couple weeks ago and my battery failed their test so I bought a new one and Bill put it in but my car's still not starting the best so I went in today to get it checked. They told me to wait in my car with the hood up so I did and it was taking forever, finally after 45 minutes I went into the empty store to see if they forgot about me and they had! I even wore one of my thrash band tees with a skull so they'd know not to mess with me instead of some friendly gardening nature shirt but apparently I didn't make an impression, haha. My battery seems to be OK so don't know what the deal is but the woman who helped me gave me a mechanic's name if it continues having issues. I'm watching Happy Death Day, my best friend told me about it so figured I'd check it out. Have a great Thursday gang, we're almost at Halloween!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Thank you, you too Darren! Hugs to you.

@Katmary71 It was really good! Yeah, the Winter Pear Salad has so many good things in it. So good. Oh gosh, that sucks that the shop forgot about you. I hope you enjoyed the movie, I've heard of it but I haven't seen it. I want to though. Let us know how it is!

Hi all. I'm doing okay, I had to go to a baby shower yesterday and ate too much sugar but today is a new day. My best friend is coming tomorrow so I need to get ready for her visit.

My Halloween Challenge goals report for yesterday:
    1) track 90% of what I eat every day - ✔
    2) drink 50 oz of water each day - ✔

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    PW 9/26/2022: 219.5

Check in weight (10/3/2022): 220.0
    Check in weight (10/10/2022):220.0
    Check in weight (10/17/2022):221
    Check in weight (10/24/2022):219.4
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @Katmary71 – I have been having a great time watching my list of movies…along with adding in some extras that I saw at the theater. Yes, of course I watched Halloween Ends. But I’m not a huge MM fan. I like Freddy more. BUT, I have a new favorite – Art the Clown. I told a friend that I was going to watch Terrifier and he said All Hallow’s Eve is first…so that got added to my list. Watched both of those and then my mom and I went to the theater to see Terrifier 2. Closest theater that was showing it was about 45 minutes away, but we loved it! So much gory fun! I love how Art the Clown is a mime instead of the “traditional” clown. Did you enjoy Happy Death Day? I thought the main character was such a you-know-what at first, but once I realizes why she behaved that way, then I had sympathy for her.

I’m sorry I haven’t been on here lately and haven’t responded. My life feels like I’m spiraling out of control with my youngest. She’s been horrible to me and it’s all based on things that I can’t help her with. She really needs a therapist. Her psychiatrist referred her to an office that is close to her home, but I don’t think she’s called yet. Since she’s pregnant, she and fiancé decided to get married…this past Tuesday. Literally 10 days lead time for me and she was mad that I didn’t give her money for them to go overnight somewhere. She already owed ME money, but somehow I’m a f-ing B (according to her) because I didn’t give HER money. After the basically impromptu wedding, we went to dinner. I paid for her, hubby, mom, other daughter, pastor and me. Her hubby’s mom paid for her family. Anyway, she threw a fit because I “allowed” my mom and other daughter to have an alcoholic drink. She basically hates anyone who drinks and thinks they are all alcoholics. She SCREAMED at me for “disrespecting her”. UGH. She got into it with her sister a couple times there, too. And what’s scary is her bipolar is only going to get worse with the pregnancy hormones. These are just a few examples. I’m mentally exhausted and ready to not have a relationship with her anymore. I did start seeing a new therapist and I think he’s going to be a really good fit. His specialty is healthy family boundaries with bipolar adult children. If you’re a person of prayer, God knows I need them!

I haven’t been focusing on the diet, obviously, with all this stress. But I am determined to get on track. So yesterday I placed my grocery order to keep out of the store. I spent $75 and only got 1 canned item (tomatoes). All the rest was fresh produce and tofu. Got home last night and baked tofu, roasted broccoli and sweet taters and made a tahini sauce. Made enough for dinner and then lunch today. I have GOT to get my body healthy so that my mind can heal, too.

bm6slsxeyc22.jpg

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 195.4
    CW: 195.4
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @katmary71 poor Asher! My granny played the organ at church, I grew up either sitting or standing beside her turning the pages, feeling very important! I remember the original one had a bunch of pole knobs on it, I don’t know if you guys are old enough to know what those looked like LOL!! I will attach a picture. HAHAHA I would have loved to have seen you in your thrash band tee🤣!

@TeresaW1020 what a romantic story about you and Joe! You have got amazing control if you haven’t broken into that Halloween candy yet, I would be all over it🤪. You should be very proud for taking accountability and I know you can do this! I think it is fantastic that you can do it with your sister!

@trooworld I totally agree, yay for libraries! When the kids were young, they were the bane of my existence. My kids were either always losing their books or turning them in late, it was a very expensive adventure for us. I have my library online and I probably go through one or two audiobooks a week. I love listening to them when we go out for a long walk or if I have a project going on in the house. I seriously need to eat at your house!!! Your meals always sound like eating in a restaurant! I hope you had a fun time with your friend!!

@19schmoo69 how did the new workout go?

@Vegan4lyfe2012 I am so sorry that you are struggling so hard. It is so difficult when our children struggle with mental health issues. I truly feel your pain. Much love being sent your way❤️❤️❤️

My eating is on track, my body is not. I didn’t really think things out on Tuesday. I increased my weights in the power barbell class, so I was finally back to where I used to be, yay! But… Immediately after that I went and sat for two hours and watched a movie. My body is so stiff and sore it is not funny! I thought I was going to be able to work it out today, I have been doing lots of stretching. I went to spin class and thought that would get me warmed up for my barbell class, not so. I couldn’t even do the standing up part on the spin bike, my left quad is SO tight. I had planned on doing body weight for the leg portion (lunges, squats etc) of the barbell class, I couldn’t hardly even walk, so I cancelled out. I went to the small gym and stretched for half an hour. I then came home and soaked in Epson salts. Sometimes I don’t plan well🤣.
    One of my trainers in agility is very pregnant. She is offering a two month online training where we can really concentrate on getting our verbal cues, hand signals and body language correct. I have decided to take that. My left hip keeps causing me grief and my Physio said I had to stay away from high impact for a couple of months and just work on strengthening and stretching, so I think this is going to be a good fit. I was going to set everything up in my basement as I have a large room down there but… My son and daughter-in-law have filled it with boxes as they get ready to move into their new house. I moved one of my couches into my dining room so now my living room is my mini agility training area. Vannie is so excited about it she keeps going in there and waiting for me to come in to train🥰

pukhfscy5ou5.jpeg
    sou92ivq3bek.jpeg
    80aun88j8lcj.jpeg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    @trooworld The movie was average, I watched the sequel to it today and the first was better but I wouldn't watch them more than once. You're going to have a great weekend with your best friend!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I haven't seen the Terrifier movies, I added them to my “to watch” list. I agree, Freddy is way better than MM. I'm glad you had fun at your movie, you deserve some fun! Happy Death Day was decent, glad I watched it but wouldn't watch again. Yeah I thought she was a total snob in the beginning! I'm so glad you're going to your own therapist who sounds perfect for your situation, things sound pretty overwhelming for you right now. Will definitely pray for your family.

@LaurelFit57 I love your memory of turning the pages with your granny, I bet you felt important! I do know the knobs you're talking about! I wear my rock tees a decent amount just not to the food bank farm or charity events. Your class sounds perfect especially after feeling so tight it would be nice to have some guidance. I'm glad I did that with my upper back, I hadn't thought of my lower back fusions putting more stress on my upper back and was doing things seated which DOES put more stress on the upper body naturally nevermind the weight I was using, I'm glad I went to a PT for help. Vannie does look really excited, you have a happy student!

Hi team, hope you all had a great Thursday! I'm wiped out today, have been lately so I'm going to have to try decreasing medication again because I'm super sluggish. I can get through my workouts thanks to music but otherwise just want to stay in bed reading which sounds ideal but isn't great. Got that super long HOA meeting minutes out and finished some work then the head of the charity asked me to write a letter for donations. My Dad's coming by tomorrow to fix my kitchen light switch, the spring broke and it turns on in the middle of the night which is 9 recessed lights, I can dim it but have forgotten more than once and it's pretty weird to have bright lights shining in my bedroom out of nowhere that I didn't turn on. I'll defnitely get up early to get my workout in first, I'm treating him to lunch but am usually hungry around 11 after my workouts and he eats at 1 so I'll have a snack when I'm done. Have a great Friday!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh In: Thursday
    PW:154.4
    CW: 155.4

I really sucked this month, I just looked at all my weights for the month and I've gained 2.2 lbs since the beginning of October. I should've known but, November will be better! Do we have a new registration for November yet? One goal I have for November is to be more active on here. I'm already thinking about November goals and looking for the new Habit Tracker.

3 goals for sure:
    1) Be more active on here.
    2) Get up earlier!! I'm a super late sleeper so, I'm always tired and end result, is being super lazy.
    3) Less "screen" time. Every time I pick up my phone to log/track my food, exercise, etc. I wind up getting stuck in an app.

This is not all of them of them but, a start for sure. I know they are strange goals but, they are some definite changes I need to make in my life and #2 is beneficial to weight loss.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to rocking November!!!

• davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 245
    CW: 244
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Weigh in

PW 74.8
    CW 74.5

Yay for a loss. Been a funny week - physically and mentally - a real mixed bag. Was expecting a gain so happy to be where I am. Gives me confidence that when I’m not really as focused as I could be I can still keep things relatively on track. Exercise is still my saviour - still on my movement streak 😊
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    qjoy9cp22ccy.jpeg

@trooworld - Here’s my Gracie!! She’s a 4 lb. Blue Merle half Chihuahua half Japanese Chin and almost 10 years old. She was my step-dads dog for a little over 3 years and one day I swung in to say hi and left with her! 😂 She’s been attached to my hip ever since! My husband does hike occasionally, he hates trails and hates popular hiking spots so it’s getting very rare that he goes with. I hope your having fun with your friend!

@TeresaW1020 - I think I remember being extremely nervous on that too!!! I hope you find that determination to give it your all and start seeing progress!!

@Katmary71- both of my kids vehicles have battery issues. Good batteries but my daughters gets the tiniest bit of corrosion and won’t start, I had to teach her how to clean them with soda and a little brush, my sons will not stay tight, the slightest movement makes them lose their connection and his truck won’t start. We’ve changed connections 3 times and it still has issues 🤷🏻‍♀️ I wish I could get back into reading. I love it so much but never make the time!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - I hate that you’re dealing with so much drama and from your daughter. Hugs and prayer going up and out!!! I’ve dealt with Drama from my own daughter but nothing like this, when she moves with her dad it was actually the best thing for both of us. We aren’t super close but we also don’t have many issues anymore. That good looks so good!!! I hope things calm down and you can focus on yourself. I fell like I’m weird bc I’ve always wanted a therapist so I had someone to talk to. I hope yours is wonderful and helpful!

@19shmoo69 - What program are you doing!?? I’m about halfway through my 8 week program but feel so alone in it since my coach bailed.

@DrewsAnna - my first month was slow too, I’ve done good every since! I’m looking forward to November too!

Our RV adventure is over, we actually left the land at midnight and I slept while he drove halfway back, the next morning we cleaned up and finished packing and got back to our truck. The batteries were dead and it took 2 hours to get them charged up enough to get it started. We had a load scheduled to pick up back in San Diego but it cancelled, so he found another load picking up in Phoenix today that would have gotten us close enough to go to the concert this weekend. We drove close last night and got up today to get it loaded and there were so many issues that he finally said no he wouldn’t load it and we left. Thought we had another load booked but couldn’t make it in time before they closed so they said no they weren’t going to move it. Tickets were non refundable so I guess we just miss out on this one. We are parked at a truckstop outside of Phoenix and if nothing pops tomorrow we will be stuck here for 4 days.

Crazy all we did was buy a couple drinks, ate dinner, and got coffees and we spent over $100. Truckstop prices have always seemed high but they just keep going up higher and higher!

Over ate carbs all week and my joints are inflamed, made for a rough workout, I had to drop the weight a bit on the final set of many of the moves but finished strong. Logged all my food today and I think I’m going to cut way back on carbs again until I feel better and shed this water weight.

Realized I missed my 3rd week update on the Halloween challenge. I’ve managed to keep up with my steps and workouts, still behind on hikes and since there are only 4 days left I seriously doubt I get 4 hikes in.
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 168.3
    CW: 167.9

• davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    davidji82
    weigh in day friday
    PW:235.8
    CW:238.0
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 230.4
    CW: 228.4
  • trooworld
    Options
    @leonadixon Congrats on the loss!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'll have to watch Art the Clown. I've never heard of it, is it new? I'm sorry about the drama with Hunter. It sounds like she (and you) is going to have a tough pregnancy. That's great you made a healthy dinner, bravo!

@laurelfit57 I'm a librarian, so I'll always cheer for libraries! ;) Yeah, I am always listening to audiobooks in my car and while cooking. LOL...come on over! My husband is making my friend and I homemade lasagna on Sunday: he's making the sauce out of fresh tomatoes, and hand-making the pasta...it's going to be great! I'm sorry about the aches and pains. I hope the stretching helps. Awww, Vannie! She looks like she's ready to go! That's a beautiful organ. We had one of those in our house when I was growing up, it went to my older brother eventually.

@Katmary71 Ah good to know! Thank you, we will! I'm sorry about your fatigue and I hope it passes soon.

@DrewsAnna You are automatically enrolled for the next month, no need to re-sign up! Great goals. I've had months like you had. Hang in there. I wish you success in November!

@davors19 Congrats on the loss!

@Tamevv WTG! Sometimes the scale surprises you.

@shaunarlr83 OMG your Gracie is so f'ing cute!!! (Sorry for my potty mouth lol, I couldn't help myself) That's good your hubby goes with you sometimes. Thanks, I'm sure we will have fun! Wow, things are so expensive now. You've tried your best, you did great!

@Ftofit Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I need to get to it soon to meet my friend. We have a busy day of shopping, going to my work, and then going to Little Italy to our favorite restaurant for dinner. It should be fun! I lost 2 lbs this week. I've been bouncing back and forth around this weight since May. Time for a change.

My Halloween Challenge goals report for yesterday:
    1) track 90% of what I eat every day - ❌
    2) drink 50 oz of water each day - ✔

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 194.5
    CW: 198.6 :/

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I am sorry that your daughter is giving you so much grief. Is she now living with her husband and not with you? I hope that is the case so that you can find some peace. Maybe once the baby comes she will grow up and learn to be more appreciative of all you do for her and will continue to do even when she doesn’t deserve it. That’s what mamas do, right? Thank you for my sweet spooky card! <3

@laurelfit57 Well, I’ve eaten enough lately that staying out of the Halloween candy seems like the least I can do. :D Take it easy on yourself and listen to your physical therapist. I love Vannie’s new training arena! :grin:

@Katmary71 It’s nice of your dad to come to fix your light switch. That would be unnerving to wake up to bright lights shining into your room. Especially after all those scary movies, you are watching! :p

@DrewsAnna I really sucked this month too. We just have to know why forgive ourselves and move on. Let’s make November a better month for sure! <3

@shaunarlr83 Gracie is so cute in her little sweatshirt! :)

@trooworld Yayy on your 2 lb. loss this week. Have a fun weekend B)

Hi everyone! Well, my weight is way up but I’m still working on getting off the vacation weight so I’m cutting myself some slack and hopefully will have an even bigger loss next week. Today was fun because my sister and I went and did some major Christmas shopping. Our TOPS chapter is doing a fundraiser with Belk department store coupons. Plus, Belk is having a huge sale that is their charity event plus a big sale on clearance items. I bought so much stuff!! :grin: I'm mostly done shopping for my family, friends, and a couple of upcoming Christmas parties. I even managed to pick up a few things for myself. ;) I was so hungry because we didn’t eat before going and we talked about hitting up the food court but decided to stay strong and came home and had the healthy drink we like and a yogurt. For dinner, I’m making a low-carb beef and cabbage dish. I got to get the scale to move!!! :#
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 139.0
    CW: 139.0
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Waving Hi @trooworld 🙋🏻‍♀️ we ended up coming to Otay to load after all!! Enjoy some pasta for me too!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    The November Chat is open!! Please go ahead for introductions, goal setting, and other new month activities -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10876768/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-november-2022#latest

Please continue to weigh in and post other stats for October here. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.