Shape Shifters Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    The November Week 3 Group Challenge is live and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, November 13th. Please join us as we prepare for the upcoming holiday season as we do a 7-day No Gym Workout! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10877711/november-week-3-group-challenge-no-gym-workout#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited November 2022
    @PatriceFitnessPal Kudos to you for getting your son to vote! My daughter is in law school and is very politically active. If my son had registered, he could have voted in the district in Colorado where the count is 700 votes apart. You read that right. 700. Not 7000 or 70000. 700. At one point Wednesday it was 30 votes. The race still hasn’t been called.

We live in northern Virginia and, even though the incumbent was highly anticipated to win the election, our son was motivated to vote. He researched the independent candidate but decided to vote for the incumbent because he is a major supporter of environmental issues and my son majors in environmental science and resource management. I’m glad to see young people getting involved in the decision about who represents them.

Since we live so close to Washington, DC, there is a lot of interest in the results but I can understand why many people are tired of the discord. I grew up in an area where people felt disenfranchised and rage against ‘the system.’ I hope we can create more productive and meaningful dialogue with one another to find solutions to the problems we face.

It will be interesting to hear if your son now thinks he has more influence than he felt before the election— it was so close!
  • jessicakrall8
    3hz3wx29xhom.jpg
    Missing the following 5 weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @Walela617
    @KHill875
    @cre804
    @Yukie_OP
    @kateineu

Sunday stats begin early tomorrow, so please report in ASAP! Thanks!

Steppers, please take a look at the chart and report your steps! Thanks!

Jessica
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 142.8
    CW: 142.2

11/5 - 5,183
    11/6 - 7,357
    11/7 - 4,977
    11/8 - 7,054
    11/9 - 17,218
    11/10 - 14,585
    11/11 - 16,771

Sorry, my kids have been sick with the flu and strep the last couple of weeks.
  • jessicakrall8
    KHill875 wrote: »
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 142.8
    CW: 142.2

11/5 - 5,183
    11/6 - 7,357
    11/7 - 4,977
    11/8 - 7,054
    11/9 - 17,218
    11/10 - 14,585
    11/11 - 16,771

Sorry, my kids have been sick with the flu and strep the last couple of weeks.

Hi @KHill875 Hope the whole household is on the mend and feeling better!! Nice loss this week, but sorry for the circumstances!! Enjoy your weekend!
    Jessica
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Cre804
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 196.0
    CW 195.5

Sorry I’m behind in reporting. Had a super full day yesterday and lost track of time. Still going to PT. The therapist worked on my ankle yesterday and omg, I had no idea it was so angry! It was pretty swollen last night before bed so I’m wearing a compression sleeve on it today. I also had my Covid booster yesterday so I have a very sore arm and a mild, lingering headache today. I’m trying to drink my water in case I’m mildly dehydrated.

I’m still working on setting up the new guest room. It needs to be livable by Thursday, even if it’s not finished. I’m also inventorying the bed linens to make sure I have enough of everything. My other goals for today are to clean the master bedroom and switch out my seasonal clothing. I’m moving slowly today, probably because of my booster, so I’ll do what I can, take a nap, then work on paperwork the rest of the day.
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 266 Member
    Yukie_OP
    Saturday weigh-in
    PW:133.2
    CW: 134.4
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 277 Member
    @Alleykat69 Hope you feel better soon! Nice loss this week!
    Jessica

Thank you. Still feeling bad. Too sick to work out or even go for works. I hate being sick.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,178 Member
    edited November 2022
    Daily step goal: 7,000
    Fri 11/11: 12,037
    Sat 11/12: 4,059
    14 day total = 151,878
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

k6gnqd7dgdhu.png
    33zlakq53zan.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    7c9qo5mzylv8.png

By Pounds
    jlw4heg6k5ux.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    e8xle3vkb5f7.png

By Pounds
    mr7olfcklhrr.png
    f4n07i3v8zwn.png

Team Winners
    qqsd4cfun8mu.png

• PatriceFitnessPal
    This year, particularly October and November, has been a tough time for me due to the deaths and suffering of people close to me. During the last couple of weeks, I’ve noticed more emotional eating creeping into my days. So, I’m making an extra effort to concentrate on the healthy food my body deserves. I know which foods will make me feel better in the long run so I want to remind myself that there is no short term fix in choosing unhealthy options. I’ll also drink more water!

As we move into the colder months, I’m going to embrace some of the winter activities I enjoyed when I was younger. I tend to struggle with exercise after the rowing season ends, so I want to get outside as much as possible while there is light and sunshine. I think it will be important to find some fun activities to enjoy — like hiking, ice skating, cross country and downhill skiing, etc. But, those sports require advanced planning and some travel so I need to find a daily practice, too.

It’s been interesting to hear about the new workouts our Shape Shifter teammates are incorporating with the changing seasons, and I appreciated @CasandraW’s question about the time of day that works best for us when building exercise into our daily routines. I want to build a regular exercise time into my winter schedule.

I’ve fluctuated over the years, sometimes working out in the evenings after work (pre-children), and other times waking up before dawn to fit in some “me” time (post-children). I’ve also tried exercising with the kids, or working out while they were practicing with their sports teams or music groups. I’ve run around the football field, hiked with our dog on trails near the music studio, river, field or gym.

Accountability to others is what generally works for me so I arrange training sessions at the local YMCA, run or walk with a friend, or participate in group activities. Tonight I have a soccer game so I better get my household tasks done now. I’ll use my cleaning time to think about my exercise plan and I’ll let you know how it goes this week. I’m also going to participate in this week’s challenge that @jessicskrall8 posted. Many thanks to @jessicakrall8 (and @izzyred9400 for the ‘back to basics’ idea this past week) for planning the weekly challenges. I can’t always participate but I always follow the discussion and progress, and join in whenever possible. I always learn something new and get something positive out of my participation. I appreciate the support and encouragement of the F2F group, especially our Shape Shifter team. Go get those goals!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,262 Member
    Steps:
    11/9 7,681
    11/10 9,417
    11/11 8,921
    11/12 6,413
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    @Armygirlarmyof1 so sorry about the loss of your furry baby!

@Pupowl great weight loss this last week and hope you enjoyed time with your mom!

@LaurieWrobo fantastic news about your husband! and happy belated birthday

@PatriceFitnessPal glad you got some time with your son this last week. My older son is home right now and I'm really enjoying it. I get what you mean by these being tough months though. It'll be the second holiday season without my mom and it's still really hard. Sending you hugs!
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    ac204 wrote: »
    AC204
    Sunday
    PW 189
    CW 188.2

Nice loss @ac204! WTG!
    Jess

@jessicakrall8, thanks for all your support! 😊
  • jessicakrall8
    CONGRATS to all of last week's placers and honorable mentions! If you need some activity this week, check out this week's group challenge...
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    ac204 wrote: »

@PatriceFitnessPal glad you got some time with your son this last week. My older son is home right now and I'm really enjoying it. I get what you mean by these being tough months though. It'll be the second holiday season without my mom and it's still really hard. Sending you hugs!

Thank you for the virtual hugs and encouragement @ac204! Congratulations on your milestone weight loss and the United Way walk you completed. 🎉🎉🎉 I used to do a lot of work with the United Way before they closed the local office. The National headquarters is near the boathouse where I row so I should probably learn more about the regional work underway. I hope you enjoy the family wedding and trip! Hawaii is a special place.

@LaurieWrobo - It’s wonderful to see your renewed sense of energy and positive outlook. It must be a big relief to get good news and now have a chance to focus on your own health. Good for you!
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 382 Member
    @Armygirlarmyof1: I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you will see and hear signs that remind you and so you feel your beloved dog is with you always.
This discussion has been closed.