TEAM: The Belly Flats (January)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! Should you need anything, please post here and your team Captains will answer as soon as possible.

Replies

• HigginsTheBrave
    HigginsTheBrave Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Stimpy56 wrote: »
    Hello All, long time user of MFP. I usually use MFP to get back on track in January and by August I get burned out. I did well at the end of this year by doing the Atkins lifestyle (High protein, low carb). Looking forward to 2023 and what it will bring. Happy New Year team!

@Stimpy56 2023 is going to be your year, going all the way Jan --> Dec!! B)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,462 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday, January 1

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes (🧘‍♂️28 min; 🤽‍♂️55 min; 🚶‍♂️2.22 mi/46 min; 👣11,400 steps)

I ended 2022 four pounds heavier than I started. In 2023, I want to lose those four pounds plus another twenty while gaining five pounds of muscle.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Jan 1st
    WA_Teacher
    Previous Weight: 231
    Current Weight: 233.5

Happy New Year everyone!
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Jan 1
    Exercise: no, but I did take down all the outside Christmas lights.
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Dheliason
    January week 1 (Monday)
    PW: 165.7
    CW: 160.9

These results not typical! PW was day after Christmas and this week I’ve not felt well with Shingles. (YUCK) Going to work hard to not gain much of this back. Happy new year everyone!
  • pauletzl
    pauletzl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Sunday January 1

Tracked calories: yes I was over my calorie limit
    Activity: outdoor run 54 minutes 4.6 miles 685 active calories burned
    Total steps for the day : 14,006
  • pauletzl
    Options
    Hello! My name is Stephanie - I am a geologist, and I had a baby almost two years ago. Between covid lockdown and the pregnancy, I gained about 20 lbs - my goal is to lose that weight. I can't wait to get started with team Belly Flats (champions!!!!!)

I am aiming to eat 1550 calories per day, offset by exercise of walking, Pilates, and a little bit of stationary bike. My biggest challenges are (a) time to exercise, and (b) long stretches at home with my daughter in the dead of winter. In the past, I would get out of the house whenever I needed to avoid food, but I can't do that now. The time seems to drag on when I have to stay inside with her (e.g., between 6 and 8 PM), and I get very anxious. It is hard to stick to a diet and be hungry in that situation. So I will be being very careful with my 1550 calorie budget, hoping to eat a lot of fiber and protein and low-fat to stay full and stave off anxiety. 1aqsr2n9g89g.jpg

Welcome to belly flats. Good luck
  • pauletzl
    Options
    Hello All, long time user of MFP. I usually use MFP to get back on track in January and by August I get burned out. I did well at the end of this year by doing the Atkins lifestyle (High protein, low carb). Looking forward to 2023 and what it will bring. Happy New Year team!

Welcome to belly flats. Good luck
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

Happy to see you back!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Hello! My name is Stephanie - I am a geologist, and I had a baby almost two years ago. Between covid lockdown and the pregnancy, I gained about 20 lbs - my goal is to lose that weight. I can't wait to get started with team Belly Flats (champions!!!!!)

I am aiming to eat 1550 calories per day, offset by exercise of walking, Pilates, and a little bit of stationary bike. My biggest challenges are (a) time to exercise, and (b) long stretches at home with my daughter in the dead of winter. In the past, I would get out of the house whenever I needed to avoid food, but I can't do that now. The time seems to drag on when I have to stay inside with her (e.g., between 6 and 8 PM), and I get very anxious. It is hard to stick to a diet and be hungry in that situation. So I will be being very careful with my 1550 calorie budget, hoping to eat a lot of fiber and protein and low-fat to stay full and stave off anxiety. 1aqsr2n9g89g.jpg

OMG! What an adorable baby! Sounds like you have a solid plan. Welcome to our little family!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday, January 1

Exercise: Yes (🧘‍♂️28 min; 🤽‍♂️55 min; 🚶‍♂️2.22 mi/46 min; 👣11,400 steps)

I ended 2022 four pounds heavier than I started. In 2023, I want to lose those four pounds plus another twenty while gaining five pounds of muscle.

I am so inspired by your dedication almost everyday to stay accountable! This is my goal for this month. We can do this!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    WA_Teacher wrote: »
    Jan 1st
    WA_Teacher
    Previous Weight: 231
    Current Weight: 233.5

Happy New Year everyone!

Welcome back! Let's have a great 2023!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    dheliason wrote: »
    Dheliason
    January week 1 (Monday)
    PW: 165.7
    CW: 160.9

These results not typical! PW was day after Christmas and this week I’ve not felt well with Shingles. (YUCK) Going to work hard to not gain much of this back. Happy new year everyone!

WOW Great Loss!!! I'm sorry that you are suffering from Shingles, I hear that can be really painful. <3
    Tough way to lose weight, but... a loss is a loss! ;)
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    pauletzl wrote: »
    Daily post for Sunday January 1

Tracked calories: yes I was over my calorie limit
    Activity: outdoor run 54 minutes 4.6 miles 685 active calories burned
    Total steps for the day : 14,006

I am always impressed on how many steps you get each day... my current goal is to stop being a couch potato and move more each day.
  • looneycatblue
    edited January 2023
    Options
    looneycatblue

Daily: Sun, Jan 1
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: just under (I use my exercise calories)
    Exercise: 45 min Walk, 9,313 steps
    Comments:
    I'm just starting to get over being sick, my first day taking a nice long walk, felt great, but tiring. I'm working on bring back up my energy levels.
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    If anyone would like more motivation to stay accountable each day, please join us in posting your daily progress... something like this:

Your MFP name
    Daily: Day/Date
    Tracked: (Did you track your food / water intake)
    Calories: (Did you stay under or go over?)
    Exercise: (What did you do to get your body moving?
    Comments: (How are you feeling about your day, or anything else you want to share)

We would love to hear from all of you each day! Helps to keep our team motivated.
  • HigginsTheBrave
    HigginsTheBrave Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hey Belly Flats! Question - is anyone else having an egg shortage in your area? I heard there is a nationwide shortage. I went to our store today, and shelves were 100% empty. I am bummed, because a hard boiled egg is the most filling snack I have discovered. I am resorting to string cheese, but it is not the same.... 🥚🍳🥚
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,462 Member
    Options
    Hey Belly Flats! Question - is anyone else having an egg shortage in your area? I heard there is a nationwide shortage. I went to our store today, and shelves were 100% empty. I am bummed, because a hard boiled egg is the most filling snack I have discovered. I am resorting to string cheese, but it is not the same.... 🥚🍳🥚
    No problem here, though there was a shortage a while back. And about 3-4 weeks ago, I went to the store to get milk, and it was almost all gone.