WeightNoMore Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    crhillis wrote: »
    Question- does “previous weight” refer to the weight we were when we started the challenge, or the weight at our weigh in the previous week?
    The previous weight is the one you recorded before today, so yes, last week's weight 😊

• BodyTalking
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I remember people talking about water retention, especially after holidays and flying.

I got home about 9pm yesterday after our flight and weighed myself at 9am this morning. I am heavier than before I went away, even though I was walking a lot and didn't overindulge in treats.
    I've never really paid attention to weight fluctuations at holiday times. I read that the air on planes can dehydrate you and cause water retention but that it goes away in a couple of days.

What are your experiences with your weight after flying?

Tomorrow's my allotted weigh-in day, so I'll see if there's any difference. Before my hols, I was 79.9kg, today I'm 81.3kg.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    GinLee61
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 167.3
    CW: 166.7

Thankful for any loss at all after binging on so much chocolate last Sunday. I haven't done that in almost a year. Good news is, made myself sick to my stomach so I won't be doing that again for awhile. At least not for another year, I hope.

Have a great week!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    I remember people talking about water retention, especially after holidays and flying.

I got home about 9pm yesterday after our flight and weighed myself at 9am this morning. I am heavier than before I went away, even though I was walking a lot and didn't overindulge in treats.
    I've never really paid attention to weight fluctuations at holiday times. I read that the air on planes can dehydrate you and cause water retention but that it goes away in a couple of days.

What are your experiences with your weight after flying?

Tomorrow's my allotted weigh-in day, so I'll see if there's any difference. Before my hols, I was 79.9kg, today I'm 81.3kg.

Oh boy, I'm always SO bloated after flying. The dry air dehydrates, the salty snacks require more water to be processed, poor sleep quality puts additional stress on your body (which also retains water!), if all the walking and activity created microtears in your muscles, that's also water retention... there's so many factors.

For me personally, Multiple Sclerosis makes my body extremely sensitive to changes in routine, pressure, temperature, etc. Water retention comes easy, especially if I am not doing anything to keep my environment in check.
  • BodyTalking
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm & @melaniedscott thank you for your replies about water retention after travelling.

I get the bloated tummy feeling and just want to get off the plant and to the nearest loo to burst that bubble 💩💨 but, yip, it takes time to budge. There, I said it! 😄 (sorry to all the others).

It's true, I probably didn't drink enough water but had beer, which was, no doubt, the worst thing I should have done while being so thirsty.

Micro-tears! Didn't think about that, thanks, and I didn't sleep well the previous couple of nights. You're both very knowledgeable and I appreciate your insights.

My one-day-work-week is over! I've been teaching online, therefore sitting all day, and have only done 4½k steps so far - went for a 30+ minute walk. I'm tired and need to rest before finding the oomph to get another 4k recorded.

I'll check in tomorrow ⚖️🤞

Minstrelofsarcasm, Well done on doing all those exercises before work 👏

Melaniedscott, Well done on hosting the webinar and for keeping moving 👏 I'd love to hear what you ate at the Ethiopian restaurant.

@lamafrespirit I'm glad I don't have to shovel snow but, yes, it's a great workout 👍

@GinLee61 That's great to have kept the chocolate binge weight off 👍
  • shnkrnrynn
    shnkrnrynn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in: Friday
    PW: 208.4 lb
    CW: 209.5 lb

I am not too concerned, I did intense weight training the day before, so its probably water retention

Steps Jan 2 - Jan 8

Jan 2 - 2503
    Jan 3 - 6236
    Jan 4 - 10149
    Jan 5 - 1833
    Jan 6 - 3385
    Jan 7 - 4453
    Jan 8 - 5095

cv6kkc7tw04n.png
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff As long as you burn off more than you consume, you're in the zone! Eyesight does decline and it can be a bit scary and odd when you notice the differences. I need to get mine checked too as I've only been using cheap reading glasses since it started. Have a fun night out.
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    @Zumba_Luvah You've got the right attitude and your measurements are showing that you're going in the right direction. Keep moving forward and you'll be in the 190s before you know it. I hope you get there or closer for your birthday 🎈
This discussion has been closed.