Shape Shifters Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl nice puzzles, especially that Mona Lisa + cat puzzle! Those will be fun to put together. And you've done a lot of work to get your rain barrels set up. I see you also have some bee houses on your wall, what are the smaller boxes below them?
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 congrats on Betty, love hearing about her personality so far and can't wait to see some photos!
  • Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I am having the hardest time remembering to check the group. I seem to remember each Wednesday for weigh in though. I'm not trying to be an absent team member. Just forgetful team member. Haha!

Life has been very life-y for me. My goal is to be more active here, and remember to log each day. I am finally recovering from a 4 week ear infection! Also really working on my mental health. I have depression and anxiety but we've never really been able to consider my depression controlled, so we've recently decreased that med and added a mood stabilizer as my psychiatrist thinks I may be more Bipolar vs depression. I put this out here to share because my hope is that I will use this to help me stay accountable for my actions and not use it as an excuse.

We also celebrated my oldest kiddos 10th birthday this weekend! I did have a slight gain this week but very much feel it's water weight/swelling due to my food choices Friday through Saturday. Blood sugars kicked up too and had been super controlled. So now it's time to pick up and move forward and not beat myself up for my choices during a time of celebration. I just need to remind myself the food portion of the celebration is done. :smile:

PW : 238
    CW : 239.6
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    @pedal__power Yeah, it's a nice 'problem' to have: not knowing what puzzle to start next because they are all awesome. :smile: All the boxes on the wall are for the bees! Sadly, they have barely used the smaller ones, so I might replace them this summer. The tunnels in two bigger ones are almost entirely full.
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW
    If you’re hitting Chinatown in NYC, everything is good, but the Golden Unicorn (18 East Broadway) is *chef’s kiss*. Since you’ll be in the Times Square area, John’s Pizza is still the best in the City, and Carmine’s is great for family-style Italian. If you’re on the East Side, The Smith (there are several locations) is great for lunch or dinner. On the West Side, The Mermaid Inn is absolutely amazing for fish, lobster, etc. walking around the City is a foodie paradise; you’ll be sure to find something you love!!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 , I'm ready to see some photos of Betty. I bet she's a gorgeous girl
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @nancyinmo Thank you so much for the suggestions, I'm going to check them out. I'm excited to try out the Golden Unicorn
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    @nancyinmo Thank you so much for the suggestions, I'm going to check them out. I'm excited to try out the Golden Unicorn

If you haven’t done it already, I really recommend walking the High Line in Manhattan. It’s built on an old elevated rail line. I know you’ll get plenty of steps in NYC, but this is a nice oasis in a concrete jungle.

https://www.thehighline.org/about/

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    I am having the hardest time remembering to check the group. I seem to remember each Wednesday for weigh in though. I'm not trying to be an absent team member. Just forgetful team member. Haha!

Life has been very life-y for me. My goal is to be more active here, and remember to log each day. I am finally recovering from a 4 week ear infection! Also really working on my mental health. I have depression and anxiety but we've never really been able to consider my depression controlled, so we've recently decreased that med and added a mood stabilizer as my psychiatrist thinks I may be more Bipolar vs depression. I put this out here to share because my hope is that I will use this to help me stay accountable for my actions and not use it as an excuse.

@Lynniebinny76 Sounds like you've been dealing with a lot, both positive and negative. So sorry about the ear infection...they're horrible and 4 weeks, wow! New meds are hard to balance too...don't beat yourself up, but I will add that the more you participate, the more you get as far as support. Perhaps you should join us for the weekly Group Challenges? I always post the links on Saturday afternoons and they start on Sundays. This ones is fun and we may run it another week because everyone seems to enjoy it. Will announce that on Saturday is we decide to...Hang in there!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 what a sweetie - she's so cuddly and looks inquisitive 💕💕💕

I have started Barre Blend - really missing my barre classes so this program is 60 days while trying to finish yoga - I'll be on day 16 and continuing with my other new program 4 weeks for everybody I'll be on Day 3 tomorrow it's only 4 days a week
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    TexanMom8152
    Weight Day Tuesday (oops)
    PW 233.6
    CW 231

• CasandraW
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 such a cutie!!!
    I’ve been working on my eating this week and plan to continue it until the end of February. I found I felt awful after eating a bunch of sugary snacks on the weekend. So, I’ve decided to decrease my sugars and carbs and focus on increasing my fats and proteins.
  • CasandraW
    Options
    CasandraW Steps
    January 15 10,260
    January 16 4,678
    January 17 8,932
    January 18 13,251
    January 19 7,635
    January 20 9,611
    January 21 4,131
    January 22 11,201
    January 23 3,410
    January 24 6,117

I’m sorry there are so many here.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Betty looks adorable! I love the colors of her coat, very soft. She still looks pretty young as well. I hope you will have lots of fun with her.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Check-in ~ January 25
    Steps: 20.184
    Calorie deficit: no
    Workout: no
    Vitamins: yes
    Sleep: 8h 10m / 81 score
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a quiet day. Read a lot, enjoyed some music and singing, played a game. Food is still a struggle this week. Happy Thursday everyone <3
  • CasandraW
    Options
    @cre804 that looks fun! And it comes out near Chelsea market.
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Daily Steps Challenge

👣 22 Jan: 4,630
    👣 23 Jan: 6,699
    👣 24 Jan: 3,664
    👣 25 Jan: 5,700

This discussion has been closed.