Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,542 Member
    Card for today
    dx3vtab9zzgk.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    @Pupowl - Today’s card is a nice reminder to reflect with gratitude.

I just drove my son to the airport after his brief visit for spring break. It was so nice to see him and we enjoyed some relaxing time together. He spent half his week-long vacation time in Boston and half his time here. Since my husband traveled to San Francisco for a karate tournament early Friday morning, he was only able to spend Thursday evening with our son. He picked us up at the airport on Thursday night about 9:00pm. It’s fortunate that we live so close to the local airport but, the next morning, my husband had to meet his karate students at the airport at 4:45am! The international airport had a direct flight to CA but it’s about 30-45 minutes away, depending on traffic. At least there was no traffic at 4:15 am when he left the house. 😊 I’m grateful he decided to arrange a ride to the airport so I could sleep in after a busy few days tending to family tasks in Boston.
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 271 Member
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    alleykat69

weigh in: Sunday
    PW: 192.8
    CW: 193.1

Steps for February 6 to March 4

Sunday 2563
    Monday 4110
    Tuesday 4029
    Wednesday 3624
    Thursday 3883
    Friday 4438
    Saturday 2591

@alleykat69 Are you keeping your 5k daily goal or would you like to adjust it for this month?
    Jessica

I'm working on keeping my 5k goal as the weather warms up. This week I hit it almost every day. yay!
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 271 Member
    alleykat69

Weigh in: Sundays
    PW: 193.1
    CW: 194.2

Steps for March 5 to 11
    Sunday 5352
    Monday 4920
    Tuesday 5749
    Wednesday 6163
    Thursday 9344
    Friday 11729
    Saturday 12061

Thanks to @Jessicakrall8 I was able to hit my step goal this week. She mentioned Stridekick once. i once and I looked it up and joined. Gave me motivation to move more or get left behind. Thank you!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    alleykat69

Steps for March 5 to 11
    Sunday 5352
    Monday 4920
    Tuesday 5749
    Wednesday 6163
    Thursday 9344
    Friday 11729
    Saturday 12061

Thanks to @Jessicakrall8 I was able to hit my step goal this week. She mentioned Stridekick once. i once and I looked it up and joined. Gave me motivation to move more or get left behind. Thank you!

@alleykat69 I need to step up my game...thanks to your high step totals on Friday and Saturday, you beat MY step count this week!! WOOHOO gal!! WTG! Bring it this next week! :smiley:
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @pedal__power - I’m glad to hear about your positive progress with tracking, etc. Good for you!

I also enjoy the longer days so I’m happy that the clock returned to Standard Time again today. I think it would be better to get rid of daylight savings time (or summer time as I think it’s called in other places) but I don’t mind adjusting. To me, it’s a nice sign that spring is coming! I love the snow in the morning (before the city traffic turns it to sludge) - and I enjoyed all the beautiful winter photos shared here, but we don’t get much snow in northern Virginia so I prefer spring and fall months here. Winter gets old in Boston after awhile, but that’s mainly due to darker days for me. Summer is much better there than Virginia so I like to visit my extended family then.

I had to take my son to the airport somewhat early this morning so the clock change wasn’t ideal for our family this year. He has trouble waking up early. In fact, while he was visiting, we ordered a new alarm clock that vibrates under the pillow or mattress to try a new approach, since he sometimes sleeps through the noise of the alarm clock. My husband traveled to CA and already had to adjust to the 3-hour time zone difference so I’m guessing it was tough to lose another hour of sleep, especially for all the college students that are participating in the karate tournament he is coaching and judging.

Enjoy the extended sun!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    @pedal__power There is a time change this weekend??? LOL! Glad you mentioned it.

🤣😂🤣 — Funny, I had the same reaction! I guess I haven’t been paying enough attention to the news. There are some states I work with that don’t participate in the time change so I have to make sure I pay better attention to this!
    Anyone watching the Oscars this weekend? I've seen a few of the films. I love the red carpet fashion, but I usually don't watch the actual show.

Usually, I don’t watch the Oscars but I like to get movie recommendations based on people’s comments about the winning and losing pictures. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the movie “Everything Everywhere All at Once.” I saw it with my sons - back in the movie theater! - and the ‘coming of age’ experience for the daughter separating from her parents and the changing relationship between the mother and daughter during this kind of transition was interesting to me — probably because I’m in a similar life stage as the parents and adjusting to changing roles.

Since my house feels especially empty now that my son left, my husband is traveling, and I’m still feeling the loss of our loyal dog companion (with increasing smiles at the memories and decreasing tears at least), I might turn on the Oscar show as background while I do some work or household tasks tonight.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend!

• Pupowl
    edited March 2023
    Daily check-in ~ March 11
    Steps: 19.557
    Hello Shape Shifters. I woke up early yesterday and saw a lovely world of snow outside my window. I was super excited to go for a walk, so I left the house at 6:45. I couldn't bike to the forest because the roads were pretty icy, so I had to do a shorter walk around the fields and forest edge. It was still incredible and so pretty and quiet. I only saw one other person outside and I caught myself thinking: "gosh, I feel sorry for everyone who is still in bed and missing out on this weather". It really was the best birthday present I could have asked for. The snow melted pretty fast once the sun got going so I am glad I went as early as I did. My dad came over in the afternoon and we got groceries with the car which was nice. I needed a lot of stuff because of my moms visit and I wouldn't have been able to get it all in one go on my bike. We went out for dinner later which was also good. It was a great day. Happy Sunday everyone <3

Lots of pictures of the walk under the first spoiler.
    ylp85smc8hz8.jpg
    grjw4tbnj43j.jpg
    y3e0guwgdsfm.jpg
    lfh8boyswqcn.jpg
    zmg5jrdi34hk.jpg
    o0ux0shdvlvg.jpg
    0qfo7t4i8ray.jpg
    o87mr4lto0ic.jpg
    bpbg7j6nt0sh.jpg
    75f6awafd9ty.jpg
    e73jvmkm6x7t.jpg

Some garden birds under the next spoiler.
    ns34an5q50b4.jpg
    z4fmpecz7dte.jpg
    cql160h33gqj.jpg
    66b5521rptcw.jpg
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,146 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 3/10: 13,538
    Sat 3/11: 15,374
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

vcp0fbg8zwp6.png
    rdda47gzkche.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    tj6utd6z14fo.png

By Pounds
    visucbb2itgb.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    x0hevwws0243.png

By Pounds
    dzjx20tsuxo8.png
    ryifbvxdzf1h.png

Team Winners
    pdsf78eiq86z.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    ltwsjxqge3s0.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners and honorable mentions from last week! WTG! Walk proud...you're working hard!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited March 2023
    Congratulations, Shape Shifters! 🤩 It’s great to see so many of your names on the leader board, which includes the honorable mention category leaders to me. This made me smile today!

My husband was happy with the results of the tournament and said his karate students won most of the categories. It’s nice to see their hard work pay off.

Today, I joined a soccer skill-building clinic designed for women in our league. I’m skipping the pickup game with the off-season mix of players in our Sunday night Masters League because I want to get some tasks done around the house before the regular season starts in April. Rowing also starts soon so I’m (finally) feeling some urgency to achieve some of my decluttering - and gradual downsizing - of household items.

We’ve collected too many ‘things’ over the years but I’m hesitant to just toss useable items in the trash. So, I end up spending too much time sorting, looking for missing pieces to ensure full sets are together, etc. I’m careful not to donate things that are damaged or I wouldn’t use myself but, eventually, I might need to tighten up my vision of useable!

• Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    @jessicakrall8 I am so sorry, but I think im going to have to remove myself from this challenge. Life started happening right as I began with this group and I am feeling horribly guilty that I'm not contributing or participating like I'd like. Or in other words, not at all. I'm even doing ok on my weightloss but I just can't find the time I hoped for this.
  • Pupowl
    Card for the day

1guiusovp3dy.jpg
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    @Pupowl that card really made me laugh 😅
    And it’s true - everything will work out fine in the end.

I decided to do the new thing. On good days I am filled with trust that it’s gonna work out just fine. On bad days I am a little more doubtful and think more about the hardships that might come my way, but even then I still know I just have to do it.

@jessicakrall8 I worked in sales in a publishing house over the last decade but always always always wanted to be a make up artist. Thinking of doing training to become an esthetician as this offers me an even broader base of services to offer potential clients.

I‘m actually quite excited to have finally made the decision for going on this new path ☺️

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 518 Member
    Gm yall
    Mondays are weighing ins
    Pw 220.8
    Cw 220.8
    No change but I know the scale is also a liar at times.

No more rain til Thursday here.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 370 Member
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in
    PW:176.2
    CW:176.2

Steps for the past week
    Mar.6 =11,199
    Mar,7 =2763( very sick that day, stayed in bed)
    Mar.8= 5883
    Mar.9=11,222
    Mar.10=12,252
    Mar.11=6752
    Mar.12=5001

Need to keep my steps up of the weekend!
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    @Pupowl just read up on your winter wonderland post! What a beautiful landscape! And if I read that right, you said you couldn’t have asked for a better birthday gift, so I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday ☺️🥳🎉🎁🎈(though belated, as I don‘t drop in as regularly as I‘d like)
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    @Pupowl Happy Birthday!!
    @Bumbinella make up artist sounds fun and challenging. I hope you can make a go of it
  • brttny7979
    brttny7979 Posts: 179 Member
    Hi everyone! We are on spring break officially (which isn’t quite the same when you have 3 kids out of school constantly requesting snacks and entertainment), but excited for a little break from work. Traveling again so just aiming for maintenance next week and hoping to get some exercise in during the trip. Hope everyone who still gets spring break is enjoying their time!

Name- brttny7979
    Weigh in day- Monday
    SW- 198
    PW- 146.5
    CW- 145.6
This discussion has been closed.