Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Woohooo on 60lbs down!

@shaunarlr83 Sounds like you did great with the celebration, one spoon of macaroni salad isn't going to hurt you. I love hearing about how much fun your little brother had hiking, that's wonderful! Yes not having sleep is pretty miserable, glad it helped so much.

@AmbersWay I still seem to learn something new every month with the introductions either because of brain fog or a new tidbit being added in. Aside of the cycling we have the same goals right now!

@vegan4lyfe2012 That is the cutest picture ever, they both look beautiful but your proud smile is probably my favorite! I love my Saint Patrick's Day card, thank you! Her cards are awesome gang, serious talent right there, wish I could make them.

@fairymange Oh no good luck with that busted pipe! I added Educated to my list to put holds on at the library, it sounds really good! Haha we were both running wild as teens! It was either SF or Santa Cruz which is where I later went to college.

@trooworld Woot woot on 5lbs down this week, you're amazing!

Hi team, hope you all had a good start to the week! I started a new book and stayed up late reading, I had my coffee and was still wiped out so I went back to bed for a bit. My second fence is currently down (I texted my neighbor, her yard is huge and I asked if we could start a vineyard with our two yards, since she told the handyman we needed a gate between our yards so we could go back and forth I can daydream about a vineyard). I took my tomatoes out for a few hours but it was pretty windy so I didn't push it, the storm missed us. Did my workout and some gardening then made a cast iron pizza. I think the morning tomorrow is the greenhouse, I have to get some work done in the afternoon. Have a great Tuesday!

To double-check the stretching challenge is two days 15 minutes total?

No Zero Days
    healthy meals under calories
    chair cardio, leg strength, stretching, pulling weeds
    great water, having Blueberry tea now, thank you @vegan4lyfe2012 for the recommendation, I think it's a perfect early spring tea! If it rains I go back to Candy Cane Lane, Harvest Blend, and Pumpkin Spice stuff but it's almost gone with our late winter!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh-in: Mondays
    SW: 265.2
    PW: 204.8
    CW: 205.9

I am up a little after a week of being on the road or bring busy with a family thing. I am sorry to have been quiet! I was hoping to have internet and so be able to check in, but my mom's place is in a valley with terrible cell and internet, and I gave up after a bit. Anyway, I am back, and back at it!

No Zeros:
    🟢 Martial Arts Form Practice (30+ minutes)
    🟢 Daily Meditation
    🟡 Breathwork (did half of planned 30 minutes)
    🟡 Food (not terrible but not great today)
    🟡 Steps (got in 5800 today -- good, but shorty of the goal)

Onwards! And off to catch up on all the updates here!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain congrats on the 60lb loss!
    @vegan4lyfe2012 such a cute picture. How lucky to have cousins so close in age
    @shaunarlr83 I use a similar app in the summer. It’s called Run Trainer. It starts off at super basic. Can’t wait for the snow to bugger off and the temp to warm up. I much prefer running outside than on a treadmill.

Looks like lots of losses this week. Way to go team. I’m trying to focus a bit more on eating better foods and less of it. I seem to have a strong urge for chocolate these days. As the weather improves, I can go for longer walks until the ground is dried up. We just had another big dump of snow yesterday, so we are very much looking forward to real spring around here.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I missed that, huge congratulations on losing 5 pounds!!!!!!

@katmary71 I think you and I posted at about the same time so I missed your post yesterday. What is a cast-iron pizza?

@sleepygirl79 I am sort of in the same boat as you, the snow and ice are finally disappearing here which leads to more outside time with lots of walks. I hope your snow doesn’t stick around for too long!

@micaroo4 I am sorry that you weren’t feeling well yesterday, but a huge congratulations on avoiding those cupcakes and Girl Scout cookies!

I had a super productive day getting ready for Easter dinner. I am having about 20 people over on Sunday. Tomorrow I plan on doing some of the cooking ahead of time and getting started on some serious house work.
    I did five minutes of stretching first thing this morning, before it even got out of my pajamas.🤣.
    On my non gym days my goal is 10,000 steps. This was a non-gym day so I took Vannie over to practice agility for half hour and then the rest of the steps were accomplished with a good walk with Vannie and running around getting groceries :-) :-).
    Tomorrow is my weigh in day, it’s is seriously weird to have weigh in day in the middle of the week for me now instead of on Sunday. I have also changed my tracking calorie goals. I found out that I can change the calorie goals on certain days, so on my gym days I have increased my calories by 100, just so that I can get in that extra protein shake.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @laurelfit57 We've been in a drought so we aren't used to all these storms, I lost 2 fences over the last few months. Wow I bet you're sore after all those spin classes! Is “Vannie” still subbing here and there? The yoga class sounds awesome! I look forward to hearing how you enhoy the summer festival sitting cross legged with your family, love that goal. Great NSV too! Oh a cast iron pizza was just cooking pre-made dough from Trader Joe's in a cast iron pan, I made a vegetarian one yesterday and the crust comes out real good and crispy.

@AustinRuadhain Great seeing you back and awesome no zeros! Have you been using your step at all lately?

@sleepygirl79 I hope you get a real spring soon, it seems easier to fight cravings when the weather is nice.

@micaroo4 Wow that's a long day! I hope your migraine is completely gone now, are your feet feeling any better today? Woohoo on none of the chocolate at work, you did awesome!

@FushiaKat I like the idea of a doable goal like filing one thing a day, do you find if you start it's easier to do? Hey are the strawberries in stores good yet? That stunk not being able to eat seeds for half of summer last year with my gum surgeries! I think I'll double my strawberry intake this year to make up for it, I remember you got them before I usually do and they were good then, I think that was around May perhaps?

Hi team! I spent some time in the greenhouse, went to Costco, Walmart pickup, then sat out on the deck repotting the veggies in smaller containers, they need to be hardened off fast because there's way too many to bring in and out of the house without the cats escaping! Did great on food and lifted weights before the greenhouse, I started a few kinds of lettuce then okra in the time I was there. Not much else to report, I'm pretty worn out. I'm reading a book based on Poe's Fall of the House of Usher, did one of you recommend it to me? Probably @trooworld ? I'm off to read that now and get to bed early. Have a great Wednesday! I'm in charge of a veggie platter for Easter which is a little annoying as I can't stand in long lines but I can't buy stuff until closer to Sunday as it will spoil, grrr.

No Zero Days
    ate healthy and under calorie
    great water
    weights, stretching, walking in Costco, greenhouse, and repotting seeds
  • fairymange
    fairymange Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 Denying free thin mints is borderline heroic!! I would have joined the "one won't hurt" club in about 2 seconds (of course nobody stops at one :D ) Way to stand tough in the face of those dang Girl Scouts!

On track so far with a couple staples to share: The "Munchbox" lunch (slim charcuterie? Adult lunchable?) where I load up a large tupperware with a bunch of raw veggies, dill pickles, black olives, an ounce or two of sliced lean ham, and one of those 70 cal Bel Gioso mozzarella packets.
    Coffee and a munchbox can keep me "busy" at my desk until I get home at 4. You don't get hungry enough to want to binge, nothing is thrilling enough to desperately want more, and nothing has enough sugar or carbs to make you crash.

For dinner, the BIG everything dinner salad, I do a big bowl of every veg in the house (tonight it was romaine, angel hair cabbage, cucumber, celery, broccoli, red onion, green onion, shredded beets, shredded carrot, and 3 oz of a lean meat, cubed. Of course, the part that always blows a salad is the dressing...
    If anyone hasn't tried the zero honey mustard- it's a game changer: mix Yellow mustard, red wine vinegar, stevia, salt, pepper, and a dash of water (I used some extra beet juice from the can). I add garlic and onion powder for some depth, too. Anyway, It's zero! It's good! It'll keep your salad honest ;)

I guess what I'm going for is "high volume, low calorie". I like to eat a lot. hah
    It's an interesting YouTube rabbit hole to go down, too.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @Jactop @shaunarlr83 congrats on the losses!

@shaunarlr83 It was! I hope it goes traveling so you can see it. Wow I couldn't function on 4.5 hours of sleep! I'm glad you had fun with your family.

@AmbersWay I didn't know you are Hungarian/Belgian on the one side, I am Hungarian/Romanian on one side! :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 I love receiving your cards, you are so talented! Great job with your no zeros!

@fairymange I loved Educated. Oh no, I hope the busted pipe gets fixed okay! Good luck! Your "Munchbox": @vegan4lyfe2012 just started doing "Snackleboxes" kind of like yours. I love the idea! I need to copy you guys.

@broncobuddee Thanks but I didn't receive a PM or an email. Uh oh, are the gremlins of MFP at work here? LOL I will try to PM you and also include my email and maybe you can respond to that? I have trouble with MFP sometimes!

@Katmary71 Thanks! A vineyard would be nice. Do you get along with that neighbor? Yummm...cast iron pizza is so good. Have a great day! Great no zeros! What's the name of the book, I may have?

@laurelfit57 I think because they are very popular (at least here?) and so it's a numbers game. She is not reactive to us and once she is around someone for about 10 minutes, she stops barking. It's just that 10 minutes that is hard to bear! She definitely has taken a shine to us and us to her! <3 Wow, 745 cals of exercise, you must have rocked it! Sounds like you do indeed have a great reason to become more flexible. What great motivation. Congrats on fitting into those jeans again! Thanks about the 5 lbs! Good luck with the cooking today. That's a lot of people to cook for!

@AustinRuadhain I'd say that's a pretty good weigh-in considering you were traveling! I hope you had a nice visit with your family.

@micaroo4 Oh man that's a long day. How's your head today? I hope better. Good job avoiding the cookies and cupcakes!

@FushiaKat I also see a difference in my hunger levels when I don't drink enough water.

Hi all. I am having trouble with the MFP website, it is very slow to respond on my PC. That's why I didn't post yesterday. I'm doing "OK". The tracking didn't stick, I need to get back at it. My problem is that I track RECIPES and recipes need to be built in my tracker of choice (Healthi app). It's a pain. I will get back to it.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank a decent amount of water (75 oz), resisted going to the cafe at work for lunch and ate what I brought.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 148.5
    CW: 147.2
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @trooworld my app has been slow too. Sometimes it freezes on the diary and others it takes a long while to see the community comments.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Hello Slimpossibles - there are a few last-minute sign-ups, and I know you will give @hbrooksvassiliou6 a warm welcome!

They will need to post a weigh-in day, this week's weight (or last week's if the WI day is Thursday - Saturday), and an original starting weight (optional).

Enjoy!
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    @trooworld I think you are right about the numbers, now that I think of it. We have so many rescues here right now, during the pandemic, so many people got dogs for company, and now they longer fit their lifestyles. It’s very sad for the pups. I have also been having problems with the app on my iPad. I sometimes can’t get our chat up at all. I got a new Internet provider and thought it was that L OL.

Welcome @hbrooksvassilou6!

I had a strange day. I started out, just great, pleased with my weigh in this morning :-). I finished my grocery list ready and took off to get the last of the groceries to start some cooking for Sunday dinner. Just before I left, I grabbed a handful of grapes thinking I would be smart and not go to the grocery store hungry. I think those grapes were off🥴. About half an hour later, my stomach was definitely in knots and I had a splitting headache. I push through the day, got the groceries done, and made the scallop potatoes. I typically eat a very low carb diet, today was all about the carbs lol. I had a piece of toast for lunch, and I had two pieces of toast with poached eggs for supper, my headache is finally diminishing and my stomach is feeling better for sure. My super productive day turned out to be a day of just the basics. Oh well, tomorrow will be better! I hope everyone’s day was a bit better than mine :-)
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @fairymange I love Bel Gioso mozarella, your munchbox sounds amazing! Oh the salad dressing sounds amazing, I'll have to try that, I love honey mustard. There used to be a thread on the food forum about volume eating, there's a lot of great ideas in it if you ever have time to check it out.

@trooworld Yes my neighbor and I get along well, we're friends and we hang out. The book is What Moves the Dead by T Kingfisher, I stayed up super late reading it, I think there's only about 40% to go now and I'm going to go read as soon as I'm done here. It gets into mushrooms which I've been learning about lately aside of it also being in the Usher house (haven't read The Fall of the House of Usher since college but liked it) so it's sucked me in. As for MFP there's a delay or something with it right now, is that what you mean?

@hbrooksvassiliou6 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles new friend!

@laurelfit57 Oh no that's awful about the groups and not feeling well, shoot! I'm glad you're starting to feel better, you don't really think of how when you don't feel well we tend to turn to carbs but I'm sure toast and potatoes really hit the spot. Hope tomorrow is extra good to make up for it!

Hi everyone, hope you had a great Wednesday! My message was like 3 pages so I deleted it because it's a lot of venting, let's have a great Thursday awesome friends. :)

No Zero Days
    finished my vegetarian pizza and turkey/black bean/zucchini enchiladas and had a Starbuck's brown sugar oatmilk shaken espresso my friend treated me to on the way home from urgent care (she's fine thank goodness)
    good water/tea
    chair cardio, leg/ab strengthening, stretching
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slims

Another busy day at work yesterday, so I didn't get here to visit. No more migraine, but I still have some issues with my feet and ankles. Probably arthritis.

I still haven't done anything on my stretching and flexibility challenge. I guess it will have to be one 15 minute session. Tomorrow.

-Mica
  • trooworld
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss! Yes, I think during the heart of the pandemic, when people were home, they were getting dogs left and right and then went back to work and didn't want them anymore. Very sad! Bummer about the MFP problems. Oh no, bad grapes do NOT sound fun! I'm sorry about those bad grapes. I hope you are feeling better today!

@sleepygirl79 I'm glad it's not just me but how frustrating.

@hbrooksvassiliou6 Welcome to the team! I'm glad you joined and can't wait to get to know you a little bit!

@Katmary71 Oh that's the neighbor you hang out with, that's good. I've been meaning to read T Kingfisher. I may have to add that one to my list. Yes, that's what I mean, I click on the link to our chat here and it takes a few minutes to load. :( I'm sorry you had stuff to vent about, please feel free to vent here! I'm glad your friend is okay.

@DrewsAnna I hope you feel better soon. Aww, your best buddy is so cute!

@micaroo4 I'm glad your head is feeling better.

Hi all. I had a pretty decent day yesterday, I tracked most of what I ate and I was pretty hydrated. What I decided to do with the recipe tracking is to find something similar that is already in my tracker's database and use that. It may not be a perfect match but it's better than tracking nothing. Have a great day!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank a decent amount of water (75 oz), tracked 80% of what I ate.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    rekcv1oneja4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.