Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• ginnaboots
    ginnaboots Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Tabatha-I am so sorry you are having such an awful weekend. Maybe you will have so much fun at your bridal shower and it will lift you up.

bookieNJ-Way to go on the jogging. I used to be a runner, but had to give it up because my right hip just wasn't cooperating anymore. It is all better now and I often think of running again, but for now hiking is doing the trick.

Cat-those meme's are funny. It will be rainy here today, but I plan on getting a rainy walk in.

Hello Macrat and Patti, hope your day goes great!

Happy Sunday!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,595 Member
    Options
    v7y9zfqqbahz.jpg
    Good evening hope everyone had a good day and are well rested for tomorrow - it's Monday come round again!
    @Tabatha_Cain I hope you did not cancel your bridal shower, and that you went ahead with it and just relaxed and had a good time of it.
    @everyone have a great day tomorrow !!
    0946lk7pmg62.gif

• NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the 1st day of May. A new page turns.

The word is: GRACE

a0ku7k6e2g60.jpg
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,103 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Hope everyone had a GRRREAT Weekend and made the best of whatever was thrown your way!
    yavjb4zrsqn4.jpg
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,402 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is back to work. Yesterday was a really good day. We had my Bridal shower and everything went off without a hitch. It was so amazing. Everyone had a great time. It was wonderful. I really enjoyed spending the time with my family.

@ginnaboots - My bridal shower was amazing. I have photos. I had so much fun. My family had a great time. I loved it.
    @LindieMaeP - I did not cancel my bridal shower. It was so amazing. I had a great time.

Here are a couple photos of my Bridal shower.

4bl6oqof9j3u.jpg
    f76zxxt44gl7.jpg
    f21hnj2hxt5l.jpg

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,502 Member
    Options
    It’s 38 feels like 34 with a high of 67 today. Insight Timer Quote: Mental health…is not a destination, but a process. It’s about how you drive, not where you’re going.—Dr. Noam Shpancer I AM: I extend love to everyone I see. Axe Sharpening: Radiate the energy you want to receive.—Bellah Upadhyay 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Do something kind for someone you really care about. Fitness Quote: I workout for: Confidence, Strength, The feeling after a workout, The feeling of accomplishment, Health, My loved ones, Happiness, Stress Relief ME –courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational Quote: With a strong mind, even the impossible becomes possible.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 12,297 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 62/305 mile a day and 8 Week Strength-Advanced Bench Day after breakfast.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,261 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • ginnaboots
    ginnaboots Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Tabatha-Oh I am so glad it was so much fun. Beautiful pictures of you!

Lindie-Love the plane pictures.

Cat-Love the meme!

Great start to the month of May already. Got my workout out in and a ton of stuff done in my office. I was going to do errands, but I got carried away in my office. Normally it takes an arm and a leg to get me down there, but some numbers weren't jiving on my computer for my 2022 sales and I needed to find out why. Already filed my taxes with the correct numbers anyway so it was no biggie, but I was just curious why my computer program wasn't picking up the right numbers. Found it, so now we are all set.

Have a fabulous week!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    03xnn01ip0r0.gif

Awweee my favourite month of the year - and it has nothing to do with my middle name being Mae LOL it has to do with where it is between april showers and scorching summer heat, it's the best month for me for getting out and getting about !
    @Tabatha_Cain, look at that smile, love and so glad you continued and did not cancel the bridal shower. Your dress is beautiful as you are !
    @ginnaboots I posted some lake shots on the other team but I'll post a couple of different ones here - these were taken back in 2016 when I went home for a visit. Thank you, planes can be hard to get because what you see, the camera does not see same size so I have to zoom in. I should be using the cannon and learning how to use it ! So picture one, Boblo Island in the background, Detroit River; the rest of the pictures are of a nature park, forget the name, I might find it if I continue through my pictures ...
    Have a great start to May everyone woohoooo it's finally MAY !!!
    cwmroyhtjb13.png
    hj8tl4cy4fj3.png
    na6ofstyxrcz.png
    ccnl3wm4a8vv.png

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,934 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon and Happy May.

9z4pliqg4p38.jpg

Tabatha you look so happy and beautiful, your party looks so much fun.
    Love all the yard and animal photos.
    Here are pictures of our strawberries (blooming well) and the tomatoes Don just planted.
    6jguz3qqhija.jpg

• NovemberGail
    Options
    Oh, Tabatha, so glad that your day turned around and you had a great shower. Your pictures are wonderful and you look so happy.

Lindie, you have the most amazing selection of photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Hi Joyce! Too bad strawberries can't be sent through the computer.

Ginna, glad you found the computer problem with the numbers. I was saving this meme for the spinner but it seems kind of fitting:

hbdzzye52efh.jpeg

Tomorrow's word is HUMOUR. A lot of that is going around.

jddwzn8arfrc.jpg

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,907 Member
    Options
    @ginnaboots -hiking sounds good! I'd hike but i don't have anyone to go with me. Jogging I just go straight through town. Lots of cars but I'm on the sidewalk
    @Catwmncat -lol on that lion meme!
    @Tabatha_Cain -Great pics! thx for sharing.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,402 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a great day. I have to work. It is suppose to snow again today. Luckily the snow is not really sticking on the ground. It is just making the ground wet. So that is good. I think I have a medical issue. I am hungry all the time. It has been going on for a while now and I think my body for some reason cannot tell that I am full or that I have eaten. I eat and then 20 or 30 minutes later I feel starving again. Not sure what to do with that but I am going back on my meal replacement shakes to help hopefully.

@ginnaboots - Thank you. I did have a good time.
    @LindieMaeP - Thank you. I had a great time. I love your photos. I love the birds. I find birds fascinating. The raccoon is pretty cool too. You usually don't see them during the day.
    @Kurtize - Thank you. Those strawberry plants look great. I am sure you will have a lot of strawberries.
    @NovemberGail - Thank you. I love your photos.

Well it is time to get me something to eat. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,261 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,502 Member
    Options
    It’s 41 feels like 38 with a high of 69 today. Insight Timer Quote: Creativity is intelligence having fun.—Albert Einstein I AM: I focus on the positive over negative. Axe Sharpening: Show up for yourself. That’s it. Show up for yourself TODAY.—Derek Weida 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Focus on what you can do rather than what you can’t do. Fitness Quote: A strong body is not made in comfort.—gymaholic Motivational Quote: In a moment, everything can change. Give that moment a chance to shine.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 14,168 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 63/305 mile a day and 8 Week Strength-Advanced Hypertrophy Squat Day in the gym after breakfast.
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain - regarding what you described as being hungry all time and not feeling full, that happens to me when I've eating something containing corn syrup. It messes with my full regulator and I can eat the equivalent of 2-3 meals and should feel like vomiting but don't. Then about 2 hours later I'm looking for food again. I am driven to eat continually with cravings but not for something specific. I have to be diligent in reading labels. When I start being hungry when I know I should feel full, the first thing I do is check my food log and start checking the labels of what I've eaten. Usually I find something I've missed that has corn syrup.

You might want to try eliminating that from your diet for awhile. Or at least log everything you eat and see if there is a pattern. Maybe it's another ingredient.

For my sister, when she has restless cravings and is over eating, she looks for what she might be missing nutritionally. She thinks it's her body trying to get something it's not getting enough of.

Good luck. Our bodies can be very complicated.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain with all that has been going in in your life the last few months with switching jobs, preparing for your upcoming wedding ,worrying about finances and everything else that life has thrown at you it could be emotional (stress) eating.

Why you’re feeling hungry all the time
    From an article by the Cleveland Clinic
    Hunger typically sets in after two hours from the last time you’ve eaten a meal.

“You’re actually feeling physical signs of hunger, so your stomach is growling, your energy is dropping,” says Zumpano. “You might also feel a little low on energy, maybe jittery.”

On the other hand, emotional hunger doesn’t show any physical signs. This is when you might have cravings for certain foods. Zumpano estimates that about 90% of us engage in emotional eating.

“If you’re saying, ‘I want chocolate. I want a bag of chips,’ that’s not hunger,” notes Zumpano. “Usually, you’re searching for food and food doesn’t satisfy because you’re feeding an emotional hunger.”

If you are showing signs of hunger you may try adding more protein dispersed throughout the day to your diet.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,934 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, got my hair cut this morning. Went to a new hair dresser, mine moved away. This was a different shop, they were very friendly, a very nice place. Tomorrow our daughter is coming over and bringing brisket tacos for lunch. Should be good, looking forward to it. Nothing else new. Have a great rest of the day.
    This is from Doing this for me book - "My favorite exercise is a cross between a lunge and a crunch. I call it lunch. Anonymous
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    2c7y2t6azn37.png
    Last night's sunset, today's 10 minutes outside!! WELL it's been a busy but good day and it ain't over yet! it will be a busy week with my Congregation!
    @Catwmncat good information, I read your post while doing my exercise on the cubii go - I can relate to being hungry all the time, but these days, I don't want chips !!! LOL I have a small bag of lays sitting on my printer - they've been there for over 3 days - yea in no hurry to eat them!
    @Kurtize interesting fav exercise - when you think about it jabberjawing or eating is the best way to exercise the muscles in your face next to smiling!!
    @Tabatha_Cain hope it was a good day for you !!
    x5mik4wewyft.jpg
  • NovemberGail
    edited May 2023
    Options
    The last two days I've put in a lot of hours: 4.5 each day -- outside work and inside cleaning. I'm ready for bed. Have a good evening and a beautiful day.

The photo is a white violet.

Tomorrow's word is patience.
    nwm57apnwlpj.jpg