WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    How odd to finally have a non-sideways photo on my account! When I added it, I didn't see any cropping tools but I think you'll know who I am by proximity to the camera lens.
    It's been a beautiful week weather wise, which has been hugely helpful during these first days without our brother. He used to call himself "UB", which stood for "ugly brother". Ridiculous and far from the truth but we'd all chuckle in spite of that.
    My younger daughter stopped by to help cheer me up last night and we had fun making frenchbread pizzas (homemade sauce) with all sorts of goodies plus a delicious salad made with chopped red cabbage marinated in apple cider vinegar and thinly sliced radish on a bed of spicy sprouts. We then watched the 2nd movie from The Hunger Games. I saw it years ago but hadn't remembered much of it so that was fine. Monica hadn't seen it but watched the first movie the night before.
    Weigh in tomorrow or at least by Saturday morning. I'll be getting some more moving in today what with switching around the living room furniture and replanting some pansies we bought last weekend.
    My garden boxes aren't anything close to those of @jugar , but we'll get something into them soon...maybe. I'm not really engaged with life at the moment. This too shall change, I'm sure. I'll hang out some laundry and take a walk to our local pond and read a book or something...perhaps just meditate. To be determined.
    Have a lovely Thursday, everyone.

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    PS: I love seeing the pics, @jugar. It's been too long since seeing your place in person!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    CW 172.9 up just a bit from last week.
    Will do postings catchup later this evening and share my own....chicken on the grill soon to be followed by a huge bag of mini peppers for future salads and snacking.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    CW 172.9 up just a bit from last week.
    Will do postings catchup later this evening and share my own....chicken on the grill soon to be followed by a huge bag of mini peppers for future salads and snacking.
    Actually you are down 0.7 lb! 2 green weeks in a row. Next week you'll be able to throw in your roasted peppers and make a heckuva salad with all those greens!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Actually you are down 0.7 lb! 2 green weeks in a row.

The best kind of surprise!!!

@EvMakesChanges love the new profile pic

@micki48 wow that's really scary about the finger. Glad they were able to save it
  • jugar
    Options
    Friday line-up! Ready, set....
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @LoraineGB
    @wishfuljune
    @PlaneMonkey
    @jugar
    @spyro88

overdue:
    @TessieMac833
    @graceojo999
    @cleaneater80
    @Natroushka
    @AshenMoon

We've got this! I just got off the exercise bike, all nice and sweaty and ready for a quick shower and hopefully a green weigh-in tomorrow morning. This has been the first week in a while that I have really hit my exercise goals every day. Feels good - I'm so glad I don't have all that work complication in the way! Hats off to all of you who juggle so much.
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86

exercise for today:
    12,465 steps + 30 minutes Pilates + 45 bike
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    @jugar

May I take a pass this week? I think my scale is broken or my floors are wildly even…. I moved my scale slightly around and it would change by 10+ pounds.
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar

May I take a pass this week? I think my scale is broken or my floors are wildly even…. I moved my scale slightly around and it would change by 10+ pounds.

Yikes! No problem. Try changing the batteries? Sometimes they get wonky when the batteries are weak.
  • jugar
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey it is so good to hear you in a more upbeat place - the task blocking and other tools sound really interesting. The most important bit, though, is that rush you feel when you clear something off your task list that has been lingering there for too long. It is amazing how much stress is caused by unfinished business, so any tool that helps you sweep that stuff away is worth its weight in gold!

And yes. You are something of an overachiever. I often channel an image of you when I'm outside doing anything effortful - all those rocks you have moved! Inspiring :smiley: I think one of the hardest things about moving from a hands-on job like you had to the office-based managerial level is exactly what you are battling. The hands-on work is clear, active, has to be done in a certain order, and it takes all the attention of both your mind and your body. The office work doesn't use your body except in very limited ways, so your body is really, really bored. Distractions happen and the "look a squirrel" thing kicks right in. I totally understand that you feel dissatisfied when your body is unengaged in the work. I'm not sure I'd call that ADHD, but I'm no doctor! I just know that when I'm doing things that are not very physical, my bored body gets my attention somehow no matter what. It sounds like you're finding a better balance, though - and your white noise and other tools to bring you back to a task so that you can get it done sound great. Then you can get up and move more :lol:

I had a less active day by my steps today, but a few hours rehearsing, even though sitting, kept me busy. It felt good to play a lot, but it turned into a "free day" food-wise and by the time I got home there were thunderstorms and telephone calls to keep me from getting in a good walk outside :frowning: I don't mind having a free day sometimes, and I have remained alcohol free since the 2nd, which is feeling really good. I like a good break any time it starts to feel like I "need" a glass of something to relax or whatever. But then I can eat more :hushed:

Let's cruise into a lovely weekend!
  • jugar
    Options
    We're coming right up to the end of this week, so let's get the Saturday folks all lined up and ready:
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @carlsoda
    @veronica1359

Thanks!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    PW 84.7
    CW 85.1

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay with my weigh in @jugar, it has not been a great week for me. I fell over on on one of my fast exercise walks and that has put me out of action for most of the week!

I'm hoping I'll be back to my normal level of activity next week!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    PW: 172.6
    CW: 172.2

Seems like I've been hovering on a slow descent, I could go more quickly if I wanted, but for now, I'm fine.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    CW 203.7
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    PW: 108.2
    CW:109.4
    Another week of being on the road and restaurant eating. Excuses? For sure! 2 more to go before getting a break and being able to more accurately track my eating.
This discussion has been closed.