Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    ... Unfortunately some thoughts of melamine ARE swirling though my head space! :hushed:

As in the plastic substance ?? or the stuff to help when you are not sleeping??? :(

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    Plastic. Produce from mainland China. I don't even buy the Costco sold (and presumably supervised) chicken and duck breasts for fluffy because they're irradiated in the USA but product of the mainland where some standards are excellent... and some not as much---in my personal evaluation and opinion of course.

Then again where would the concern not apply in terms of agricultural practices and food renaming and or safety ... I need a bubble to go hide in! 😝
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Helps. Not complete solution. But helps!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Not even sure what post my previous comment was responding to! I am fairly sure it wasn't from this thread through! :blush:

yves "ultimate burger" patty with "enhanced" potato salad (costco red potato with boiled egg and greek yogurt and sriracha added--fully home made would be a much better deal in terms of calories). actually smashed a costco egg white frittata on top of the burger (also had two for morning-food-zies).... have had more filling 500-700 Cal lunches. But it's not terrible either.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    Garbanzo bean tuna salad. Has the chick peas, tuna, roasted red peppers, onions, parsley and cumin. Topped with feta cheese. Sometimes I’ve added celery or other raw veggies to bulk it up.
    The original recipe is made with tuna canned in oil. I used a lemon vinaigrette dressing and tuna in water. Filling and easy to make a batch that lasts for several days.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Who mentioned freezing their yogurt? A bit concerned with crystals forming so we shall see ..... 0% Greek 750g tub with the 30g remnants of my 61g fig bar
    double pack, 37g all bran buds, little bit of sucralose, 40g of cut up dates, vigorous mixing, currently freezing its little tub off ... that's (currently planned) dinner!😝 😎
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    How did the frozen yogurt turn out? I think I’ve tried that before but ended up with a very hard icy product. There is that ice cream made from puréed cottage cheese and mix ins that is supposed to be pretty good. Might try that soon - when I have some spare calories.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Medium. Was a tiny bit distracted by other issues so it didn't really register as good or bad. One time didn't have enough time to cool. One time was fairly/too solid. Slows down the eating a bit and is useful if too hot in the house. Wouldn't do well on top of air-conditioning. Will probably keep doing it while hot weather is affecting internal temps as currently.

Mixes tried all include all bran buds and either roasted chestnuts and/or peanut butter and/or fig bars and/or dates or some combinations of above with sucralose. Peanut butter ended up as solid pieces as opposed to helping with the blending so no good, especially for the calories. Today's attempt has tiny bit of 2% milk (41g). So we shall see. Churning might help? Hinder? Don't know for sure. cottage cheese sounds interesting.

Not much into things right now; but treading water OK on the food front.

You know... it actually is not really half bad. It does depend on what you mix in/flavouring. I mean I go all in with 750g tubs... but trying it on a 100g tub... would not be a disaster either way! Definitely eating from center out since it is less solid :blush:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well... the slow down is real! The ice crystals... meah. So something missing there. But slow down has value too!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You okay, PAV????
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2023
    Options
    for values of ok... weight is actually stable, so there's that. You're dealing with more direct issues but there's some stress around here too! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    <3
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I’m at an age where I want to get up in everyone’s business, ask all the questions - and offer free advice. Fix things for everyone!

Of course judging by how my very adult son reacts to mothering/smothering, I have hopefully learned to not ask ALL the nosy questions. Doesn’t mean I don’t have the burning desire to do so......
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Pulled pork, salad and a few sweet potato fries! Keeping portion control will be the challenge.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Fasolada soup and a pita bread and stole a bite of taramosalata and half of someone else's pita bread... AND a mini sandwich, and some popcorn and some pretzels and some Yves burger chez Costco sampling plus two Néstlé drumsticks on the way back: OINK! Serves me right that I am regretting the second ice cream with a half queasy tummy and I am NOT taking Tums!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That’s a nice bit of self soothing you have going on there, PAV 😜
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hello gang! It's been a while. :p

Been chugging along on a slight deficit for the last month, since Easter in the village was a little brutal. Back to the expected range now, so I'm a happy camper. B)

Got some wild mushrooms from the village (we visited a local producer that is near), so made a fricassee with them. Yummy, filling and very light on calories.. :*

2KPMGMD.jpg

1kh6BlD.jpg

Hope everyone is doing fine. <3
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Dante!!! We missed you and the awesome food photos. I can only imagine the wonders of Greek Easter considering the food for Lent wasn’t too shabby. Happy to hear you were able to get things back on track.

The fricassee of mushrooms looks wonderful (could we expect less from you?). What else is in there and how do you make it? We don’t get a great variety of fresh mushrooms here in Texas but I’d be willing to give this a try.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Dante you're a shot of happiness! 😝 Awesome dude! And awesome idea of mushrooms and veggies in egg lemon soup!!!!!🙈 I will explore it maybe! 🤔
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yoolie the fungie are so low cal I wonder why I don't use them more. I used to be able to get a huge dehydrated wild mushroom pack from Costco I wonder if it is still around! That and lettuce would make a good start at a fricassée!😝