Downsizers Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »

@lindamtuck2018 I will be back on Saturday weigh in starting tomorrow.

I will use that as your starting weight for June. The first week begins on Sunday. Welcome back.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Slimmersixties

Fri weigh in
    Current weight 194.4 😪
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I am out of town camping so I will weigh as soon as I get home. sorry.
    8zdxxj3ikyr8.jpg
    utzu87g3kn4b.jpeg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    The June team chat is open! Please continue to weigh in here through the end of Saturday. Go ahead to the June chat to post your (re)introductions, set goals, make plans, and get ready for a fantastic June:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891812/downsizers-team-chat-june-2023/p1?new=1
  • michaeldaily4927
    michaeldaily4927 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Megan, could you please put me down for 10,000 steps?

Regards,
    Mike
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,445 Member
    Options
    Megan, could you please put me down for 10,000 steps?

Regards,
    Mike

Absolutely :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @tahm42
    I will carry over last weeks weight. Have fun!

@Slimmersixties
    Are you back from vacation? I know you will lose that quickly when you come back.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps 2.410

Good morning. I got up early so I can go to the pool this morning before grocery shopping. I am still pretty sore from travelling. Usually, when I fly I have trouble with my leg but it’s definitely my back this time. I am not sure how much exercise I will get done but I will do stretching both in the pool and the hot tub. If my back allows me I will do some laps.

I want to get my June badge on my Apple Watch. I have to do 5 walking workouts. I missed getting February and Aprils. I used to be excited to work on them each month so maybe if I aim to get them every month it will help with my exercise motivation.

Have a great Saturday!
  • skguptonweightloss2023
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday 6/3/23
    PW (Previous Weight): 237.8 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 235 lbs
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday 6/3/23
    PW (Previous Weight): 237.8 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 235 lbs

Fantastic loss!
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Jpedno
    PW 146.8 ? I think
    CW 148.2

Not terrible considering nearly two weeks vacation in England in which I ate everything I wanted! Had a great time though. Too bad I didn't post my steps! They were typically between 18-25,000!
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

SW 270
    PW 167.5
    CW 168.5

Sorry team just keep yo-yo-ing🪀🤦🏻‍♀️
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    The June Habit Tracker is up and ready for you! Start tracking right away and have a fantastic month!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891871/habit-tracker-june-2023#latest
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Tim Hortons brought back my favourite donut: Walnut Crunch. The key is to put them in your freezer for 10 minutes so the glaze hardens. Lol ate 2 of them in about 5 minutes. My God was it worth it. Probably for the best that they are only back for a month haha.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Jpedno
    PW 146.8 ? I think
    CW 148.2

Not terrible considering nearly two weeks vacation in England in which I ate everything I wanted! Had a great time though. Too bad I didn't post my steps! They were typically between 18-25,000!

I gained 1.6 in my 4 days away. Great job on the loss. Glad you had fun.
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

SW 270
    PW 167.5
    CW 168.5

Sorry team just keep yo-yo-ing🪀🤦🏻‍♀️

Keep showing up. Any NSV’s this week?
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Tim Hortons brought back my favourite donut: Walnut Crunch. The key is to put them in your freezer for 10 minutes so the glaze hardens. Lol ate 2 of them in about 5 minutes. My God was it worth it. Probably for the best that they are only back for a month haha.

I bought one last night. It was gross. Took one bite and had to spit it out. My husband enjoyed the rest of it.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked and appalled lol
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,967 Member
    Options
    Friday Recap

- Eating only at Level 3: mostly -I had seafood salad for lunch, then logged it and realized that imitation crab meat is full of carbs and added sugars :(. Lesson learned, log before eating. Had fish and veggies for dinner.
    - Water (Goal 64 oz) : Not sure where I landed but not 64.
    - Increased intensity while walking: yes

- THOUGHTS: June on deck - new month - continued focus! Was frustrated as the scale went up again this morning, I measured some key areas, and unless I was really "off" on my original measurements two weeks ago, I've lost 1.5 inches on my waist (well, if you want to call it that🙂 ) and .5 on my hips. So I guess something is working....

Instead of indulging in ‘comfort food,’ indulge in comfort meditation, comfort journaling, comfort walking, comfort talking, comfort manicures, comfort reading, comfort yoga, comfort hugging!

Step Challenge - Goal 7000

5/28 - 9,039
    5/29 - 7,706
    5/30 - 8,328
    5/31 - 7,829
    6/1 - 9,753
    6/2 - 9,065
    6/3

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 217.6 4/28/2023
    5/5 - 214.2
    5/12 - 216.3
    5/19 - 215.9
    5/26 - 214.0
    6/3 - 214.7
    Total 2.9
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK

PW: 146.5 pounds (gained 4.3 pounds :( ) (I did not post last Saturday so this will need to be added to the weigh in chart)
    CW: 145.1 pounds (down 1.4 pounds)

I did not post my weigh in last Saturday as I was still dealing with ongoing health issues and I was struggling to post that I gained 4.3 pounds. Normally I have no problems postings losses, maintains, and gains as I know it's normal to fluctuate up and down when weighing in weekly but since I've been through a really rough patch with my health in April and May and since I had lost pounds by hard work 7 weeks in a row, followed by losing 2 weeks in a row when I was not well and unable to eat much, followed by a week of getting back to some normal eating and managing to maintain the loss, the 4.3 pound gain hit me hard. I know it was because I was back to regular eating and with that came a lot of unhealthy eating choices so I know that part of the gain was my doing and part of the gain was pretty inevitable when you go from eating little due to health problems to eating normal amounts again, especially after losing 7 weeks in a row prior to all that but the gain still hit me hard mentally and emotionally and physically as well as pants were fitting tighter again so I just didn't want to post the weight gain as I thought I might throw in the towel seeing it posted.

I am still dealing with health problems and from this past Friday to next Friday between myself and a family member I take to their appts, we have 6 medical appts combined to attend to so it is a lot to handle. At this point, I am happy that I have re-lost 1.4 pounds. I will try to lose the remaining 2.9 pounds but with all the medical appts this week I'm not feeling like this will be the week but I will try to at least work towards a maintain. I hope things with my health will settle down soon as I miss being on MFP regularly and posting my food for accountability and posting my exercise and interacting with MFP friends. I hope to be back regularly sometime in June.

• Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Saturday Weigh-In!

PW: 162
    CW: 161

Step challenge- Goal 5,000 steps a day. I was off a few days this week. I have been feeling a little bit weak but I want to keep pushing along. Never give up.

June 2- 2,322
    June 3- 7,253
This discussion has been closed.