Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,111 Member
edited July 2023 in Social Groups
o7qlf84pynka.png
Here is your Team chat room for June 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The June challenge runs for 4 weeks, from June 4 - July 1. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,111 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    5viahrrg5fgm.jpg

FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8 or Pupowl) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if no explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple! Please be aware though, you're making a commitment to post your steps every 2-3 days, which helps the Captains keep the stats caught up. If you're not willing to do this, please do not sign up. (THANKS!!)

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The June Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jun 4th. We're hoping for a fun and active week, so please join us for Eat Healthy, Move More and Be Happy! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891873/june-week-1-group-challenge-eat-healthy-move-more-and-be-happy/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Gm yall. @Pupowl and @jessicakrall8 , I'll be out of town again beginning June 15th. I'll be back in the Cape Girardeau, MO, area with the boyfriend for Father's Day and looking for a place to rent. And yes I've got his Daddys day gift
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Gm yall. @Pupowl and @jessicakrall8 , I'll be out of town again beginning June 15th. I'll be back in the Cape Girardeau, MO, area with the boyfriend for Father's Day and looking for a place to rent. And yes I've got his Daddys day gift

@Armygirlarmyof1 Hope you have a great vacation and that you find a rental quickly that's affordable. Can you be more specific on your vacation? I'm assuming you want an excused absence, but can you tell us which weigh-ins you will miss please? Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Zaxa2021 wrote: »
    Can I sign up for the step challenge for June?

My goal for this month is going to be 12,000 steps/day

@Zaxa2021 Love your goals for the month...very specific and I can tell you put a lot of thought and planning into setting them. That shows you're ready to work hard and do the work, so you'll definitely be successful!! WTG! I have you down to walk in June. Would you mind giving me a first name for the chart?

I visited Arizona once many years ago and went to the Red Rock Canyon area...it was SO beautiful and as someone with allergies I've dealt with my whole life, it was so nice to breathe freely while there! Also, the lower humidity was amazing...

Twins...whew, you have your hands full! I bet they keep you moving! :smile:

Good luck on your walking for the month! I just moved my step goal from 8k to 10k. I just love it!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    kodakslim wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Thanks for having me back after a few months out :)

My name is April, I’m a mother of one and I live in the UK. I have just completed my first year of university and I can now relax and enjoy the nice weather!

My goals for June:

Lose at least 5 lbs

Get 7,000 daily steps

Go for a walk once a day

Regularly check-in with the team

CW: 157.6 lbs
    Target weight: 142 lbs

@kodakslim Welcome back to the team! Love that you've planned your gals in several different ways and that you're specific. Planning is half the battle...now it's all about execution of your plan and YOU'VE GOT THIS!!! I LOVE that you're planning to check in regularly...for yourself of course, but also to motivate others...everything you share helps others too and that's highly rewarding for all of us!

Can't wait to celebrate your milestones with you!! WOOHOO!
    Jessica :smile:
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,333 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    bh1mvqfty7ru.jpg

@Pupowl - Thank you so much for posting the daily cards, quotes, and images that offer us a chance to reflect on our health and fitness journey.

I really like the one above!

I’m so impressed by all your garden improvements and interesting nature exploration. The cycling route to the bird watching are looked nice, too, but I can understand your disappointment at seeing so few birds.

Did the other photographers capture any photos before you arrived?

My son enjoys photography and nudges us out of bed early while on vacation so he can get some good shots. I’m always glad AFTER we get to the destination. I’m more naturally a ‘night owl’ but I like the beauty and tranquility of dawn. So, I’m trying to get to bed earlier these days, especially since rowers typically rise before the sun to enjoy flat water and less river traffic.

Is it possible to see the birds later in the day, or would the bike ride be too hot at that time? I’m not sure if the birds even appear both morning and afternoon, so I’m really just wondering 🤔. The birds that visit our yard like to bathe in the birdbath later in the day, but I’m not sure if that’s a general habit or not —

Clearly, I’m a ‘city girl’ having grown up in Boston, Massachusetts. Sometimes I joke that the only critters I know about are rats and cockroaches and that’s only to make sure I don’t encounter them! 😬 That’s just exaggeration though, because my family always enjoyed camping as an economical and fun summer vacation. I love visiting national parks and spending time outdoors locally. We are fortunate to live near rivers with protected parkway and many trails, like Great Falls, etc. You can see some pictures here in case you are interested in visiting the U.S. capital and surrounding areas:

https://www.nps.gov/grfa/index.htm
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Good Morning Y'all:

Hope you're enjoying your weekend! This month marks a big milestone for me so I thought I would share it with you. Many of you know from previous discussions that I'm a big walking fanatic...this month I have jumped from my previous 7k-8k daily step goal to 10k a day and am even exceeding that already. @frankwbrown helped me to research and select a new fitness watch when Fitbit changed their practice and stopped offering challenges, which was a big motivator for me. With Frank's help and insight, I jumped into the Garmin world and found a watch that I love with lots of daily, weekly, monthly challenges AND virtual excursion challenges and badges as well. I love it even better than I once did with Fitbit, which had challenges but they were rather limited. I also found another app (Stridekick) and have a few friends there that I do challenges with. I found it based on recommendations of others who left Fitbit and were looking for motivation sources, before I jumped into Garmin with both feet. It has really made a difference in my outlook, mood and is also a great source of stress control, since I work in IT in the Transportation industry.

I see many people are jumping into the June step challenge, so I look forward to celebrating with all of you as we walk our way into better health this month!

You guys, as always, are a huge source of motivation and encouragement for me. I know I've been busy in my personal life lately, mainly with work, but I strive to make myself available to all of you, whenever you need me. Please let me know if there's anything I can do help you with your journey. If you didn't know, you can always start discussions in our chatrooms (here or group challenges) and bring to light areas that you need additional work in and that frequently leads to give me ideas for new weekly challenges...or the discussions add knowledge from our collective members and can increase creativity within the team. @PatriceFitnessPal and @Pupowl always do a fantastic job of posting motivational ideas, creative solutions, articles, research, etc on a weekly basis...do you realize what a great source of information, we have here?! I'm so thankful for both of them...thanks guys for being so amazing to the team and to me!

Enjoy your day!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    bh1mvqfty7ru.jpg

@Pupowl - Thank you so much for posting the daily cards, quotes, and images that offer us a chance to reflect on our health and fitness journey.

I really like the one above!

I’m so impressed by all your garden improvements and interesting nature exploration. The cycling route to the bird watching are looked nice, too, but I can understand your disappointment at seeing so few birds.

Did the other photographers capture any photos before you arrived?

My son enjoys photography and nudges us out of bed early while on vacation so he can get some good shots. I’m always glad AFTER we get to the destination. I’m more naturally a ‘night owl’ but I like the beauty and tranquility of dawn. So, I’m trying to get to bed earlier these days, especially since rowers typically rise before the sun to enjoy flat water and less river traffic.

Is it possible to see the birds later in the day, or would the bike ride be too hot at that time? I’m not sure if the birds even appear both morning and afternoon, so I’m really just wondering 🤔. The birds that visit our yard like to bathe in the birdbath later in the day, but I’m not sure if that’s a general habit or not —

Clearly, I’m a ‘city girl’ having grown up in Boston, Massachusetts. Sometimes I joke that the only critters I know about are rats and cockroaches and that’s only to make sure I don’t encounter them! 😬 That’s just exaggeration though, because my family always enjoyed camping as an economical and fun summer vacation. I love visiting national parks and spending time outdoors locally. We are fortunate to live near rivers with protected parkway and many trails, like Great Falls, etc. You can see some pictures here in case you are interested in visiting the U.S. capital and surrounding areas:

https://www.nps.gov/grfa/index.htm

No problem, I am happy to share. :)
    Thank you, I have also been impressed by my garden work, lol! It's just so exhausting to do everything alone. Even though it is around 20 degrees (68F) now and not considered hot by most people, it is already awful to work in that temperature in the sun. I burn really fast and you need to be mindful of ticks and ants, so that means long sleeves, long pants, socks over pants.
    I am not sure what pictures they managed to take before to be honest. I didn't think to ask. One guy did mention he saw an otter which is pretty insane because they are very shy and rare here. You can still see birds any time during the day, but early morning tends to be the best. Because they just woke up and need to replenish energy so that's when they are generally the most active. Same goes for the evening; fuel up before the night. I personally also don't have energy left at the end of the day, so I prefer going in the morning. And yes, heat is going to factor in soon as well. In the summer I pretty much always make sure I am back home again around 9:00 in the morning.
    It's great that you have a birdbath. I feel like that is something a lot of people forget about. I currently have 3 baths in the front garden and I have to clean and refill them every morning. They get used the whole day long which is awesome to see. I put out a bath for the bees and wasps today as well; just a shallow plate with pebbles in it. They can really use the water too.

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

kgtfohcvsd5b.png
    psyblalmgbtw.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    rzyae1fxd0yz.png

By Pounds
    f4lu2zl0fhvi.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    9psnx627ul93.png

By Pounds
    dpzu9vp0dcka.png
    lgihnhanclm2.png

Team Winners
    94s2uq0koa2z.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

82nfaydzbs3k.png
    5w5l9067qpuw.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    xq72b3vnywi0.png

By Pounds
    ubscjdzec198.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    ry9til3q1pcu.png

By Pounds
    op0e1w8a4qck.png
    lm8rh3kw509j.png

9x9btmta0qh4.png

Team Winners
    mv9gdkjw7xjy.png
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    This is my 2nd month in the group. I really enjoyed the first month and the accountability it brought. I’m a big fan of the daily step challenge. I started with a goal of 8,000 which was a challenge bc I work a sedentary job and am constantly at my kids sporting events but I made a commitment to make time for myself and succeeded! I’m big on NSVs (non-scale victories) and finding other ways besides the scale to celebrate.

@jessicakrall8 I’d like to do 10,000 step challenge this month.
    Weigh day-Sunday, current weight 181.0

@Zaxa2021 I love the idea of a push up challenge.

For June- my goals are
    to lose 4#s
    meet my step challenge 5/7 days a week (life happens).

This discussion has been closed.