Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hello team,
    I’m V, a 5th grade teacher from Port Angeles, WA. Yes, I’m count down the last few days…9.5! 😎
    Currently my exercise is hindered by an injury. So this month my goal is on logging food and drinking at least 64 oz of water.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Sunday, June 4th
    WA_Teacher
    Previous Weight: 241
    Current Weight: 242.5 :(
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Cyncia1028
    Sunday Weigh-in
    PW: 221.6 lbs
    CW: 222 lbs

I'd like to be part of the step challenge. 10,000 steps a day.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 and @frankwbrown - thanks for the info on the Garmin challenges. I recently bought a Garmin.

@jessicakral8 I recall your post last month about purchasing your Garmin. I had my Fitbit for YEARS. I've been working on paying off debt so I did not want to purchase a new smartwatch. Last month, I also went on a bike ride with a friend of mine. Her watch was able to track our ride much better than my old FitBit. So your post plus that bike riding experience sold me on getting a new watch. I went with a Garmin. I have had the watch for a couple weeks now. I will have to explore the challenges.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    looneycatblue (aka Teresa)
    Wk 1 - Sun, Jun 4th
    PW: 176.0
    CW: 173.6
    Loss: 2.4

HW: 182.2
    SW: 178.8 (started with May 2023)
    Month 1, May 2023: loss 2.8
    Month 2, Jun 2023: loss 2.4
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Bumbinella

Sunday weigh ins

PW: 170.2 lbs
    CW: 171.5 lbs

My weight is creeping up again due to lack of tracking, a few very nice short trips with my husband in the last couple of weeks (with loads of good good food and wine) and not working out enough due to an illness/injury „streak“ 🙈. I still try to get healthy things on my plate, but I definitely should track more to see how much I really put in my body. Trying to be nice to myself, though. I‘ll get to my goal weight eventually. It’s just ups and downs along the path…
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Speaking of Garmin challenges/badges, there was a challenge yesterday for World Bicycle Day. Although the description was "Record an activity on World Bicycle Day, June 3, 2023", I wondered if they meant a cycling activity. But I saw that I got the badge after an early morning run/walk. Still, I wanted to do something to celebrate bicycles, so I dragged my beach cruiser bicycle out, pumped up the tires, and took a ride. Only a short ride: 18 minutes, but it was a start, and it was the first time I've ridden outdoors since April 2nd, 2021 (I had to look it up)!

Two more special challenges are:
    June 7th - Global Running Day: this has to be a running activity.
    June 10th - Global Wellness Day: this can be any activity.

You (and any other Garmin users) might also be interested in this website:
    https://blog.garminbadges.com/ - He always knows about the upcoming badges ahead of time.
    https://garminbadges.com/ - a database of all Garmin badges
    And if you choose, you can join and see your progress on all your challenges (of course, you can already do that on Garmin Connect).

@frankwbrown I'll look and see if I got the one for World Bicycle Day as well! I'll check out the websites you mentioned.

@cyncia85 Feel free to add me as a friend for challenges...I'm listed as Jessica K in Chesapeake, VA and you'll see my kitty, Betty as my picture...

Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    We are still missing quite a few steps from some people. Please check in with your numbers, thank you. Remember to sign up again with your stepgoal if you would like to continue with the step challenge.
    @JenHul Mon 29th until 3rd of June
    @Sbus12 Tue 30th until 3rd of June
    @LaurieWrobo Fri & Sat
    @pedal__power Fri & Sat
    @WA_Teacher Mon 22nd until 3rd of June
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 , oops I didn't realize I didn't type everything out. The 19th I need excused on since I'll be in Cape still.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    JenHul wrote: »
    Good Morning,
    I'm back from our little camping trip. Sorry I'm behind in posting steps, no internet out camping.

No problem, it can be hard to keep track of what everyone is up to! I hope you had a great time. :smile:

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/2 5,015
    6/3 4,948
This discussion has been closed.