TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS I’m so sorry to hear about your knee flaring up again! I remember this being an issue for you in the past. Do you think the inability to control your body is what makes you down? I know for me, when I pull my back out the pain is bad yes, but it’s more depressing than anything else. Because I’m so defenseless and unable to move without assistance. I feel helpless and it’s easy for me to live under a dark cloud of self pity and turn to food. I lash out .. I suppose on myself?? Subconsciously, I must be thinking “Fine, if I can’t be in control of my body then I’m going to eat whatever I want”
    Doesn’t make sense if you think about it. You’d think I’d try to control what mental state I can and try to focus on what I put in my mouth. But no..
    Anyway, if it helps you at all, I am picturing you coming out of your doctors treatment free of pain, smiling and strong, and ready to tackle the world!! I’m proud of you that you’re still “March”-ing along with us here!
  • Krysless2
    Options
    @Krysless2 Hello! I think we met way back in the day when I first started. I’m in!
    How did you crawl up into my mind with this statement that perfectly reflects what I’m currently going through??? 😣
    r27brvmqaows.jpeg

Creepy how I do that sometimes!! 😂
  • Krysless2
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88
    My daughter is doing great btw! You know how they say time heals all wounds? That’s what she needed was a whole bunch of time to go through the stages of grief over the loss of her friend. She’s graduated now! @brandi_84 can you believe we’re parents of high school graduates?! Feels strange not to be in Kansas anymore Toto!

f7xkjc51bvxy.jpeg

t0slpcecg6o9.jpeg
  • Krysless2
    Options
    • Fri 06/23: 171.7lbs;-1.8lbs
      ~ Better day yesterday.. and no drinking!!
      Happy Fri-Yay!!
    • Thurs 06/22: 173.5lbs;+2.5lbs
      ~ It was my day off yesterday and I did a little hosting by the pool side with my mom and aunt. 🥰 We’ve recently just finished constructing our new pool and so I’ve been using that and the hot tub any chance I can. I didn’t eat terribly but we had some drinks and I didn’t work out.. not really. I guess I can still give myself credit for tracking food yesterday !
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,527 Member
    Options
    Friday 23 June
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

@Krysless2 beautiful pictures! And sitting by the pool with family and 🍹 takes precedence over everything else. ☺️
  • Krysless2
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Thank you Sue!
    PW: 171.7
    • Sat 06/24: 171.6lbs;-.1lbs
      ~ Having a little girls night- “And Just Like That” - Watch Party tonight. I’ve heard Season 2 is not off to the best start but I’m hopeful my loyalty to my girls and the original series will trump my ADD tendencies, otherwise we’ll be busting out the board games.

@daffygirl88
    @HASWLRS
    I’m still tallying up the people that are interested in the weight loss challenge revamp. Could you tag anyone you think would be interested and I’ll add them to the spreadsheet. @brandi_84 @sandkp
    Are you guys interested?

7zcnlj9zal28.jpeg

You’ll notice that there’s two of you Sue😂 there was some sort of formula in the cell with the previous captain’s names and I didn’t want to delete those rows. I’m actually not very good at excel spreadsheets so I tried to maneuver around the old Biggest Loser Challenge sheet and it seems I can make do with that for now.

I’ll start posting the July challenge instructions at the end of the week.

I’ll need everyone’s start weight and day of the week they prefer to weigh in.

Thank you
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Could you add me to your list?? I came from Belly Flats.
    Todays weight is 154.4 and I like Mondays.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Thank you Sue!
    PW: 171.7
    • Sat 06/24: 171.6lbs;-.1lbs
      ~ Having a little girls night- “And Just Like That” - Watch Party tonight. I’ve heard Season 2 is not off to the best start but I’m hopeful my loyalty to my girls and the original series will trump my ADD tendencies, otherwise we’ll be busting out the board games.

@daffygirl88
    @HASWLRS
    I’m still tallying up the people that are interested in the weight loss challenge revamp. Could you tag anyone you think would be interested and I’ll add them to the spreadsheet. @brandi_84 @sandkp
    Are you guys interested?

7zcnlj9zal28.jpeg

You’ll notice that there’s two of you Sue😂 there was some sort of formula in the cell with the previous captain’s names and I didn’t want to delete those rows. I’m actually not very good at excel spreadsheets so I tried to maneuver around the old Biggest Loser Challenge sheet and it seems I can make do with that for now.

I’ll start posting the July challenge instructions at the end of the week.

I’ll need everyone’s start weight and day of the week they prefer to weigh in.

Thank you

@krysless2. Yes I am interested in tracking. Probably be toward the end of the pack as I cant seem to lose lately but maybe this will help my accountability.

Thanks for taking this on!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    June week 3
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 215.8
    CW: 215.0

This was Wednesdays weigh in.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2
    Yes Im interested.

You're family is so beautiful and you look awesome! I cannot believe we both have high school graduates. We're not old enough for that, right!? 🤣 I don't even know how to deal.
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2 Hello! I think we met way back in the day when I first started. I’m in!
    How did you crawl up into my mind with this statement that perfectly reflects what I’m currently going through??? 😣
    r27brvmqaows.jpeg

I’m impressed with your editing skills! And I also resist tracking like mad, maybe for these reasons! 🙏🏻❤️
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited June 2023
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I have a lot of reading to do to get caught up on myfitnesspal, but I am back. I am three days late as it is Thursday, not Monday, but better late than never, as they say. I was overwhelmed with what I had to do to get the house ready for Father's Day (10 people for a barbecue) and when I am overwhelmed at home I eat. It's not what I need to do but I need to be doing something, so I eat. This very effective avoidance technique is EXACTLY the reason I am in this overweight, excuse me, Obese, boat! Going to a wedding shower on Saturday and getting out of my routine was a small part of it, and also my knee still being really sore, but it was predominantly my feeling of mental overload that did me in. And once started down that road it is very, very difficult to make a u-turn. And just for context, it was completely my idea to host this gathering. My dad is 87 and in a retirement home for just over a year. Mom passed away in November and Dad is so bored. He still drives, but he has nowhere to go. I needed to get him out of there and when my sister wasn't considering hosting something at her house, but visiting him instead, I took the bull by the horns.

WEDNESDAY WEIGH-IN

First order of business is to get back to Onederland!!

You are a good daughter. I’m sure your dad appreciated your efforts! And I’m sorry for the loss of your mom 🙏🏻🥺 Hosting anything throws me for a huge loop. The only thing that’s reining me in is that I check my blood sugar almost every day because I am pre-diabetic, and seeing how miserably my body processes carbs helps me to put on the brakes. I will then eat more meat or more green vegetables and remind myself that I will feel full a bit after the actual eating, and if I keep going I will feel uncomfortably stuffed. Little by little I’m making changes. I’m 66 now and I have to accept reality about what my body is capable of. I hope this helps someone. Today I weigh 227.0. Onward we go.
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    By the way, I have tracked my food for four days now 😇
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    I looked back at old notes from the last time I was competing with TBBT and I think I’m going to revamp the old competition. TBBT-style! Why not? I have all the spreadsheets and old announcements and I’m sure I can keep track of just us. Let me know if anyone’s interested and I’ll post the competition announcements and the MUAC explained. Either way, I’m going to go back into that daily posting mode and use the MUAC as my guide like we used to do.

I’m going to attempt to track my food today. I hesitate to say “I will” because I’m not sure if it’ll drudge up old negative feelings when I was doing it religiously and slowly getting out of control with eating and eventually quitting all together. But today …I will! We’ll see how it goes.

Again, let me know if anyone wants to compete and revamp the challenges. Even if there’s only a few of us, I’d still like to do it.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10892862/just-give-me-10-days-round-227#latest
    Here’s the link for the other challenge that someone here recommended long ago. (Probably Christine.. lol)
    They’re still kicking it over there! And it’s helped me get back on track these last few weeks.

Wonder how Christine is doing. Has anyone talked to her?
    And Jenn. I saw her posting in here and I miss her terribly!!
    @JbeanR0212
    @cmhubbard92

Current Weight: 171
    Prev Weights:
    June 2023 SW: 178
    ~ Went off the grid or some might say-Off the deep end!!
    Aug2022 SW: 156.3
    Jan2022 SW: 164

I would love to take part in any new challenges. Thank you!

• DaffyGirl88
    edited June 2023
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @DaffyGirl88
    @brandi_84
    @chloeguo
    @dheliason
    @HASWLRS
    @JbeanR0212 - has already indicated that she does not feel ready for a challenge group
    @maryphum
    @murdog3t
    @plummerbecky1
    @sandkp
    @therealbluenote
    @Tomsgal1985

This is the current list of people still involved with TBBT in some capacity. As Sue and I have stated before, we are committed to keeping this thread active. We have also talked about joining a Fat 2 Fit team to be part of an actual challenge group. I guess what we need, is to know everyone's decision on whether or not they are interested in joining a F2F team as a group. The moderator from F2F and I have been talking and trying to figure out the best way to do this and a head count is the first step!

@Krysless2 this is the list of people that are participating in TBBT . Although I think we may have lost plummerbecky1
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2 @DaffyGirl88

Hey ladies! It's been a long time and I've fallen way off the wagon. I am finally accepting the fact that I took 3/4 solid years of progress and pretty much just backtracked ever since I got my promotion almost a year ago. I've gained almost 40lb since the last time I was truly active in this challenge, and while I am still listed in GOT, I have not been active in that challenge as much either. I maybe participated the first week. Like I said, I definitely fell off.

I am ready to regain control of myself and am focusing on that starting now. I can't make promises that I will actively be in the community, but I am going to get myself back on track.

I hope you are all doing well! I miss you all and I really wanted to check in with you guys for a while, I've just been too disappointed in myself to do so. I apologize for my distance, you guys were always keeping me focused!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Saturday 24 June
    Track: mostly
    Under: 🤷‍♀️

@cmhubbard92 Hi Christine 🙋‍♀️ glad you popped in! I'm sorry you are struggling 😟 sending big hugs 🤗🥰. We're always here when you need us. Some of us come and go, participating more one week and maybe the next not so much. But we are a "no drop" group, we don't kick people out for not posting X amount of times. We all have lives (kids, spouses, parents, jobs, etc) that get in the way of our good intentions. Stay strong and keep fighting the good fight 💪.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Saturday 24 June
    Track: mostly
    Under: 🤷‍♀️

@cmhubbard92 Hi Christine 🙋‍♀️ glad you popped in! I'm sorry you are struggling 😟 sending big hugs 🤗🥰. We're always here when you need us. Some of us come and go, participating more one week and maybe the next not so much. But we are a "no drop" group, we don't kick people out for not posting X amount of times. We all have lives (kids, spouses, parents, jobs, etc) that get in the way of our good intentions. Stay strong and keep fighting the good fight 💪.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Sunday 25 June
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Mon 06/26: 175.2lbs;+1.7lbs
    ~ This was to be expected
    Sun 06/25: 173.5lbs;+0lbs
    ~ My Watch-party was a success. Not sure about the show anymore but we made the best of it. I did so well with food until the very end of the night when I felt the need to absorb some of the alcohol I consumed🫤 oh well! Today is looking like a replica of yesterday so I’m thinking my weight is going to be up again tomorrow. Only thing I can look forward to on Mondays -normalcy