Daily Eating on a Budget Chat

Options

Replies

• the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    just my luck..

A roommate said that she would prepare egg omelets for dinner. A local farmer donates the eggs.

Now, the roommate isn't.

So, I had one piece of a peanut butter sandwich.

I am going to have air fryer red potato wedges later on as a mini-meal. I spray a little olive oil on the potatoes.

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Frugal - you should have made the omelette for yourself.

Today has been a busy and rough day. Didn't sleep very well last night due to Hubby constantly moving and also waking up in a puddle of sweat. Still feeling off due to being under the weather and my shoulder is still tender from physio yesterday. Today was payday. Ran errands with Hubby and then had to do the grocery shopping all by myself. Lifting all the groceries including a 14 kg bag of dog food was not helpful. Hoping tonight I get better sleep and feel well enough to go to the Canada Day parade and my friends for our Canada Day BBQ. It will suck if I have to stay home this year. I am so tired of these walls.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday was a great day. Went for a walk, watched the Canada Day parade with some friends.bbmgb6vtfon1.jpg
    tcfp0g5fftfb.jpg
    9hg4z28q3jj5.jpg
    In the afternoon I headed over to my other friends house to hang for the Canada Day BBQ. Found out that they were also celebrating a friend's 45th birthday who passed away a few weeks ago. Lots of food and over ate a bit. But had a great time. Did leave earlier than I normally would as I was tired.

Today went to Church and then came home. No official walk due to rain and storms. Did my shoulder physio, and marching. Rest of the day was spent doing chores and binge watching Bones.

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a nice day with no rain but definitely muggy. Got my walk, shoulder physio, and some calf raises done. Also did some dishes and laundry. Hubby went fishing for a bit. Doubtful they will be gone long as it's pretty hot out. Tomorrow is TOPS day. Hoping that I did well enough this week that there's at least a small loss on the scale.
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    @CSEGUIN2 , I would have made the omelets myself but her's are better.

• CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been hot and also very humid. Doing my best to stay cool and hydrated. Today was also rest, weigh, and TOPS day. Down another 1.5 lbs! So proud of how well and on track I have been. Still need to get more exercise though.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been another HOT and HUMID day! But beautiful otherwise. Got in 3 walks and yes took my water with me. Did some laundry, played cards with Hubby and visited with friends. Tomorrow is physio in the morning then house work I think as there's lots of that to do.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today started out not to bad temp wise. But now is pretty hot again. We had a few sprinkles this morning as well. Went to physio for my shoulder and they are really impressed with how I am doing. Next week will most likely be my last week. Also did dishes, cleaned some of my kitchen, played cards with Hubby and went grocery shopping. Walked to the grocery store but ended up with a ride home from a friend who didn't want me walking home in the heat. I was greatful even though it cut into my step goal.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another sunny day but cooler with less humidity. We were actually at our average for this time of year. Tomorrow we are supposed to get more rain which is fine as we need it. I should be able to get my walk in before it comes. Today got my walk in and then cut the lawn. Also did dishes, laundry and visited with my friend.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been warm with rain and some sun. We really needed the rain. Got my walk in this morning before the rain. Also did my shoulder physio, calf raises and wall push-ups. I also did laundry, dishes and made apple crisp. Other than that did a little reading and watched some TV.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a good day. Went to Church and had a wonderful time at coffee hour after. When I got home I made breakfast for Hubby and I. Then had a meeting @ 11 am for planning a rally day for TOPS. After the meeting we had a free lunch at the Legion for the 1 year of the Bunker being open. This of course I chose to make some healthy choices but for the day in total will put me over calories with dinner. Got my walk in the afternoon, did some step-ups, and jumping jacks as well. Also watching the movies Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 1 & 2. Had a little rain this morning but now it's sunny and warm.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been hot and sunny. Took my Son to the orthodontist this morning for 8:20. Stopped at Tim Hortons for breakfast. When I got home I went for my walk. This afternoon did laundry, dishes and step-ups. Tomorrow they're calling for rain and I have TOPS. I have been helping a fellow TOPS member to try and figure out how to get her losing weight. She is really discouraged when the scale goes up. I found out that she has hypothyroidism. So have been doing some research to try and figure out how to help her best. If anyone has any experience in this and has suggestions I would greatly appreciate the help.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was rest, weigh and TOPS day. Up 2 lbs. I believe I know what the reasons are. Back on track starting today. My goal for next week is to be down at least 2.5 lbs. This will make up for the gain plus a half pound. Time to step up the exercise! I truly need to get my workouts back on track. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain so we will see if I can use that time wisely to get my TOPS program ready and work on my strength workouts. Also today was our TOPS nominations. I was nominated for leader and co-leader. It will be interesting to see what happens.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a productive day and the rain didn't start till a few minutes ago. Went for my walk, did shoulder physio, calf raises, inclined push-ups, laundry, dishes and some yard work. I am definitely feeling great about today even though I didn't get to work on my program for TOPS next week. Tomorrow is my last day of physio for my shoulder unless they think I need more. But I don't think they will. But my plan is to continue the exercises at home anyways to keep my shoulder improving more.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day even if I don't get all my steps. I had my shoulder physio this morning and no longer have to go as I graduated. I still have one direction to strengthen in my shoulder so have an exercise to add to my physio workout. I will continue to do the exercises. I have also been cleared to start my original workouts as well. Today I also did wall push-ups, bicep curls, tricep extensions, calf raises, marching and a few small walks. Did dishes and some laundry as well. Called the doctor for a follow up appointment for my shoulder. That's not until about the middle of August. So starting tomorrow I am back to my regular workouts. Just have to start at the beginning again as I don't want to over do it.

Connie
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day! Lots of exercise. Although couldn't do both sets of my shoulder exercises today. The new exercise for me is very difficult and painful. But I know I will only improve. Also did dishes and laundry. Still need to work on my program for TOPS. But I know I'll get it done eventually.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

This room is extremely lonely.

Today has been raining on and off but did get 4 smaller walks in. Helped that I went with my Son to get his blood work done. We did end up stopping at McDonald's for breakfast on the way home. Didn't stick to the plan of just getting a sausage and egg McMuffin. Ended up get the whole meal with a diet coke. Balanced it out with not having lunch and just having a light snack later in the afternoon to hold me till dinner. Spent the rest of the day getting my program done for TOPS on Tuesday. No strength either as my muscles are sore and tight. But did do some random stretching throughout the day. Also did some dishes. Not completely satisfied but have to listen to my body so I don't overdo it.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a good day outside bad air quality due to the smoke. Went to Church and had a great fellowship. When I got home one of our friends was there for a short visit. I was a little surprised at how much weight he has gained in 10 years. Got my walks done. Did some laundry and played 3 games of Yahtzee and 3 games of Skipbo with Hubby. Tonight we're having breakfast for dinner.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a cooler, breezy day. The smoke is still in the air. Went for my walk this morning and had troubles getting my hip to cooperate with the plan. But did get it to. Then went with Hubby and our friend so they could go fishing. I hung out and also went for a short walk that I didn't track outside of steps as my phone was forgotten at home. After we got home I did my planned workouts and had a short visit with my friend this afternoon. Also did laundry, dishes and some reading. Tomorrow is TOPS. Not sure how the scale will react but it will be what it is.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a good day. Cooler temps and better air quality. Went to TOPS and lost 1.75 lbs! Also we had our elections and I did not get leader or co-leader. Less learned only stand for on position. I was a little disappointed but in the long run I think it'll will be better for me to not have that extra stress. I will still keep some of my duties as the leader has asked me to. I will be able to concentrate on me more. This afternoon I visited with some friends.

Connie