HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Ann, I'm glad you're still here, too. Keep up the good work.
    Cat, great job! You'll be running with me before long.
    I'm doing fine. Maintaining my weight for now and trying to get my head back into losing again.
    <3
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Dropped 4 pounds of weight I gained after knee replacement. Exercise getting easier. Physical therapy going well.
    Tomorrow is 5 weeks out from surgery.
    Looks like I am the only person still here. I miss the original group and wonder about them all the time. Hope everyone is okay and nobody has given up.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Hi Cat! Great job on the weight loss. I'm so glad your recovery is going well. All is well here. I
    m still on MFP, tracking daily, and checking in to see if anyone has posted anything. I'm still maintaining and hoping to continue to lose albeit at a snail's pace.
    I miss everyone, too. I especially miss Gerri's enthusiasm. I hope that she and EJ are okay.
    Here's a shout out to Ann. I'm hoping that all is well in your world.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Hi both of you I still check here but a bit quiet. I lost 2lbs so doing well. The next 6 weeks are going to be busy as I have my 2 grandchildren daily and my other 2 slotting in most weeks too si a full house, that should keep me moving.
    Take care everyone.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Had my one month check up today. I am ahead of schedule on recovery. I already have full range of motion with the new knee. Just need to work on strength and stability. My physical therapist is great. The work is killer, but my progress is great.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    That is awesome news, Cat, but not surprising. You went into surgery strong and in the best shape you could be. You can do it!
    Finished applying for Medicare today. Woohoo!
  • annliz23
    Options
    Great news Cat you will get there.
    Good luck with Medicare
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Don’t worry Randi. All those telemarketers will still call you every year when the medicare enrollment period comes up. They never go away 😂
  • rstanford3
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, Cat. I feel as though I have received mail from every Medicare "expert" on earth. It's a beautiful day here. Hubby made jalapeno poppers using peppers from our garden, and we'll have those for dinner tonight.
    I had my first ever in person yoga class yesterday. I have always practiced at home using videos. This was a freebie offered at the Blue Cross store, and it was delightful...the lights were low, relaxing music was playing, and the instructor was wonderful. I discovered some areas I need to work on, like bending the front knee, raising the back leg, and balancing on the one foot without falling over. :D
    Ann, I hope that you are able to find some time for yourself in the next few weeks.
  • criscra2001
    criscra2001 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, I thought I would stop in and say Hi.
    It's been quite a while. Cat, Ann & Randi, I hope all is well with you guys.
    I am hanging in here. A lot of issues I was dealing with all at once.
    I think about this group often.
    Hugs Gerri
  • rstanford3
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hi Gerri! Great to see you. You are thought of often and definitely are missed. I hope things are going better for you now and that your health is good. <3
  • annliz23
    Options
    Lost 1lb, I did send friend requests so you could see how we are doing to keep in touch in diary's or see comments if it's easier, good luck and take care
  • criscra2001
    Options
    Hi Randi, Thank you! I am doing better. My husband is doing better also. A few challenges but I think it will be ok.
    Ann, Thank you.
  • criscra2001
    Options
    Cat, I just read a few posts. I see you had a knee replacement. Happy you are doing well!!
    I miss you guys & appreciate your kind words.
    I did gain every lb back but it's ok, I had to concentrate on the health issues and get through things. I am just moving forward.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    So happy to hear you are okay Gerri. We have missed you.
    Now we just need EJ to check in.
    Randi, yoga class sounds great. If I ever get rehabbed enough, I would like to try it. So far I am still in outpatient therapy but I can ride my bike again now. I havent been
    Able to do that for 3 years because of a cranky knee, so i am thrilled. We have some nice modtly level rail trails around here thst we like to ride.

Ann, I like the idea of friend requests.

How do you do those?

I am down one pound. 😊
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Congratulations Ann and Cat on the weight loss. I'm maintaining, but have found that as humidity has moved into our area, the increased water in the atmosphere has translated correlates with an increase in water in my body. I'm already looking forward to fall. :D
    We're anticipating severe thunder storms, but I don't think they will provide any relief. The thunder will terrorize my poor kitty.
    Glad you can ride again, Cat, and I know that Ann is enjoying play time. Wishing everyone health and peace.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I confess to skipping the Monday weigh in. I am concentrating on getting in the therapy exercises and gave myself a week off from tracking. When I am
    Able to meet all the goals my physical
    Therapist is piling on me, i will start tracking again. Right now my goal is building strength in my new knee.

Cheers to the rest of you. Enjoy your summer!
  • annliz23
    Options
    Hi all static this week but feel full, it's my son keep bringing in food.

To send a request click on the name and go to profile then send a message
  • titus2cat
    Options
    30 minutes on the bike.
    20 minutes elliptical
    PT exercises to build strength in quads, hams, and glutes. Whew!
    I feel so successful today 🏆
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Still anemic from surgery blood loss. Numbers are slowly improving but I am still very tired. Nevertheless, i am still plugging away with rehab and watching what I eat.
    Hard to believe that summer is winding down. School has started here already!
    I miss this group being active and I miss hearing from my buddies that used to check in here. Hope everyone is doing well.