Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna - All set for Wednesday weigh-in. Thanks!
  • broncobuddee
    edited September 2023
    Options

[...]

@broncobuddee just a question. I’ve always posted my starting weight as when I initially began on MFP. Is it supposed to change month to month?

@SleepGirl73 - Sorry for any unintentional confusion I generated. Actually, to your point there are two starting weights tracked.

There is your initial starting weight when you joined F2F, as captured by the F2F moderators from your sign up request. It is on the spreadsheet tab labeled "TopStartWeights". That is used in calculating Loss To Date (column AB of the monthly Slimpossible's tab in the F2F spreadsheet).

Then there is a monthly starting weight. If you are a continuing/returning team member from the previous month, this starting weight is your weigh-in from the last week of the previous month. If you are a new member, this is the starting weight from your sign up. This "monthly" starting weight is represented on column D of the Slimpossible's tab in the F2F spreadsheet. It is used to calculate your loss/gain between the previous week (last week of the previous month) and the first week of the new month, or if you are new, your loss/gain between your sign up and the first week.

A lot of people include their "TopStartWeights" value (the one from your initial sign up) in their weekly weigh-ins - which is great because it can show how far you've come.

Hope this helps but knowing me, probably not... :# Let me know if this generates other questions.

The referenced F2F spreadsheet is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fYD2mHNY_Z6FRCMVvAoPJpwxEhsXkb9imLu6OVG5m7U/edit#gid=2032789470
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,972 Member
    Options
    xrk6u7vu1r1k.jpg
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Another good day - no junk food, no sugar!
    -Mica
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just a few questions..

When does the actual September challenge start, on Sunday or Monday? And we will have a new September discussion thread?
    And do we just post our weights here, or do you want us to add it to the spreadsheet as well?
    When I posted my starting weight, that was my weight from the day I did the sign up post (Wednesday), can I have it updated to my Tuesday weight as that will be my weigh-in day? It was 94.8kg (209.0 lbs)

Also, I'm a day ahead of most of you as I am in Australia, so while it's Friday afternoon for many of you, it's Saturday morning here. Just in case anyone wonders why I'm posting my weekly weigh in on what might seem to be the wrong day 😅

I hope everyone has a good weekend and good luck this month reaching your goals!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Hello Teams! The September Habit Tracker is up and ready to go. Please follow the steps at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898549/habit-tracker-september-2023#latest
    and enjoy keeping up with your commitments!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 I'm glad you got that run in!

@micaroo4 Woot woot go you, you're doing awesome!

@trooworld Oh no that's way too tempting to be around all the time, I can see why working from home is easier!

@gemwolf110 Love that photo, happy September!

@steffibabiie There will be a Mission Slimpossible September thread starting soon for this month and everyone will do intros in it which will help A LOT for getting to know everyone. The challenge if you mean No Junk started and you're welcome to join in at any time. You just post your weights here, you can see some examples of that above your post. Tag @BroncoBuddee (like that with the @ at the front) and let him know you'd like to change your weigh-in day. OK I can't answer the time difference one, I'm guessing it may be easier to say you're checking in Wednesday but for you it's Tuesday but I'll let you and BroncoBuddee solve that one.

I have a friend who lives in New Zealand and I'm always telling her to make tomorrow extra beautiful for all of us following behind, now I can say that to you too. Have a great weekend!

Hi friends, starting to feel a little better. I deliberately stayed home resting thinking I was going to the garden club tomorrow but it's postponed until next weekend. I did do light strength training and stretching today and that felt great. Did good with food yesterday so I'm not doing as bad as I was thinking. I'm supposed to be having the fence stained and back door repaired but am not sure if it's still happening, I'll have to trap the cats in my bedroom so I'm not looking forward to it! Doing great with no junk. I'm planning on a trip to the farmer's market in the morning for some fruit, figured I deserve a little yummy healthy food since I can't eat a lot right now. Have an awesome Saturday!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    The September team chat is open! Please continue to weigh in and post stats here through Saturday. Go to the new chat for (re)introductions, goal setting, and general September stuff!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898555/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-september-2023/p1?new=1
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 thanks! I actually just meant the main challenge. I don't really have an issue with junk food, so won't be taking part in that challenge.

As far as the weigh in day, I want to keep it as Tuesday, though when I make my post it will be Monday for most of you. I didn't think it should be an issue just clarifying as to why it might seem like I'm posting early :)

Should I still tag @broncobuddee with my updated starting weight of 94.8kg/209.0lbs? I guess I just did anyway!

Thanks again x
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 242
    CW: 244
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 214.2
    Todays Weight: 212.6
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    username: davidji82
    weigh in day: friday
    PW:264.5
    CW:264.3
  • broncobuddee
    edited September 2023
    Options
    6hb0nmsgn9j0.jpg

Lots of holes in the spreadsheet... let's finish the month strong!

Weigh-in reminders:

@mkksemail
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    @UTMom81
    @bethanie0825
    @maggybd
    @askewcr
    @digger61

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 258
    CW: 257.5
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 128.0
    CW: 128.0

In my goal range of 127-133
  • maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Maggybd
    Pw 204.8
    Cw207.6

I am finishing August where I started. Hopefully September is better.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Bethanie0825
    Friday
    PW - 260
    CW - 260
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Username: Digger61