Shape Shifters Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
edited December 2023 in Social Groups
z0td7evxu2to.png
Here is your Team chat room for November 2023. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The November challenge runs for 5 weeks, from October 19 - December 2. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Please sign me up for step challenge
    Steps 5,000 weather is turning colder and getting dark earlier time change next week Sunday
    I like to walk around my neighborhood which has a little path through a forest trees are losing their leaves now
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    que1dbwqtn97.jpg
    FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8 or Pupowl) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if no explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple! Please be aware though, you're making a commitment to post your steps every 2-3 days, which helps the Captains keep the stats caught up. If you're not willing to do this, please do not sign up. (THANKS!!)

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm already starting to worry about the holidays. I love baking - and I'm really good at crafting tasty treats, modifying recipes and using 5lbs of butter a month in November / December. I am going to need help this year to stay away from baking. I'm an artist and writer and do other things - which never get appreciated by my family, but the baking always makes people happy. I end up giving away dozens of cookies, shipping them and decorating them - it's kinda a big part of my holidays. HELP. lol
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    The November Week 1 Group Challenge is ready to go for Sunday! Let's aspire and plan:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10902336/november-week-1-group-challenge-who-are-you-whats-your-plan#latest
  • jessicakrall8
    edited October 2023
    Options
    gfh6pbbsz7sp.jpg
    NOW ACCEPTING SIGN-UPS FOR THE NOVEMBER STEP CHALLENGE!

If you're a step junkie, like many of us, sign up for the step challenge. Registration is month to month, so you must re-register each month. This give you the chance to update your daily step goal and tell the team your favorite place to walk this time of year! So please give us your first name (for the chart), your daily step goal and your favorite place to walk and that's it!

NEW REQUIREMENT:
    PLEASE make sure you post your steps, with the date included every 2-3 days. This keeps the stats easier to manage for your Captains and keeps us caught up on them. IF YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS COMMITMENT, DO NOT REGISTER. Thank you for understanding.

The step challenge chart is located directly below the weigh-in chart where we keep the weigh stats. Go to the main Fat2Fit page, look for the Monthly Timetable listing. At the bottom of that section in red/blue writing you'll see the following with the links to the October and November Spreadsheets. This will help you see where you are in posting your stats. YOU WILL STILL POST THE STATS IN THE CURRENT CHAT THREAD JUST AS YOU DO FOR YOUR WEIGH-INS AND THE CAPTAINS WILL UPDATE THE STATS.

n7ssrpw5ho2w.png

Hope this is a motivation to stay active for the month and challenge yourself, or your friends to keep moving! Hope to see you sign up for November!

Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm in on the step challenge. And I love my woodsy trail near my house. Hopefully in a few weeks Dinah Mite and I will be able to do it.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    I'm in on the step challenge. And I love my woodsy trail near my house. Hopefully in a few weeks Dinah Mite and I will be able to do it.

@Armygirlarmyof1 Your daily step goal will be?
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters! New month, new intro. I love reading introductions, so I hope more people will share some information, whatever you are comfortable with.
    My name is Laura, I am 35 and I live with my cat Tinus in a small village in the Netherlands. I am very fortunate to live close to a national park. I enjoy going for walks there, sometimes with my camera. I love taking pictures of nature, especially birds. I take a lot of pictures of Tinus as well and I enjoy sharing pictures with the group. Some other hobbies are reading, jigsaw puzzles, singing, gaming and Postcrossing.
    October was a very good month for my habit tracker and I lost 8.1 pounds total. I am pretty happy with that. My goals for the habit tracker will stay the same: 12.00 daily steps, 8+ hours of sleep, weigh the same or less than yesterday, vitamins and 22 zone minutes. I only missed the zone minute goal 4 times, though I am not really sure how that happened. Even on days where I just stepped I somehow got 25+ most of the time. My outdoor walking has for sure decreased because of the weather. I hope November will be a little better for that, but I think I may need to start adding some youtube workouts. Happy November everyone <3
    8v52esuhysur.jpg

• Pupowl
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters. I got two packages delivered yesterday. The last bit of birdfood I ordered which also had the metal bird hangers. They aren't big, but I like them a lot. The second package had 4 new jigsaw puzzles I bought. I should really start working on my puzzles again! I also did laundry and some cleaning.
    A while back I learned that my vet will soon stop grooming services. That was pretty bad news for me because I don't have a car to drive somewhere else. It was really nice to have at the vet since we could just walk there with the stroller. After some looking around online, I found a lady who grooms your cat at home. We had an appointment with her yesterday afternoon. She brought a box on wheels with stuff and a table. When I put Tinus on the table and she grabbed him, he went into full panic mode; freaking out, trying to escape, digging his nails in the table. It made me really sad. I stayed close by of course to pet him and try to calm him down. When she starting combing, it seemed to click in his head what was going to happen and he went from panicking to unhappy. The first 15 minutes or so he kept trying to get away, so I had to hold him to keep him on the table. After that he slowly got better and better, relaxed and even enjoyed some parts of the groom. Despite this being very stressful for Tinus, he never got mean and behaved very well. He got an extra liquid snack which is his favourite.
    He was very hyper the rest of the day. Especially in the evening he had so much energy, so we had a 40 minute play session before I went to bed. I am glad grooming at home is an option and hopefully the next time he won't be so freaked out. The downside is the cost of course. Grooming at the vet was around 15 euros, now I have to pay 65, oof. With Tinus' coat it isn't optional sadly, so I will just have to deal with it. I will dump some pictures under the spoiler. Happy Sunday everyone <3
    October 28 numbers
    • Sleep: 8h 19m ~ 87 score
    • Steps: 17.933
    • Zone Minutes: 43
    • Calories: 1245
    xkmjx8wpd7ih.jpg
    c7wc7jpytqfm.jpg
    ymcdmbgk8cxy.jpg
    e2s7vt0x8tqk.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @pupowl Tinus looked very Zen after his grooming day, but I'm sorry it started out kinda stressful for him! Did she even take a few minutes to let him sniff her and rub up to her at all?! That's odd, but I guess she charges for the time she's there and maybe that was why she jumped in to get started? Still...weird. Glad you found an option though...and it appears she did a good job.

Love the little birds you showed...where did you find those? Your puzzles always make me want to dig one out and work it, but I just don't have the time and certainly not this week when I'm handling new duties at work. I ended up with several hours overtime last week, so this week will likely be the same. I can use the extra money, but doesn't give me much time with Betty in the evenings. I could swear she glared at me when I got home on Friday after it was already dark outside. Then again, I was likely feeling guilty! LOL

Happy Sunday!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Good morning everyone and welcome to our November chat thread. I'm the other Captain...Jessica...57 years young and mom to Lil Miss Betty, who is a 1-year-old Torbie. She's the light of my life. Found her earlier this year when I lost Hazel, who I only had for two years, before she passed suddenly from cancer and kidney failure. Miss Betty (named after the late Betty White, who was a fierce animal advocate) keeps me hopping!
    knivx2oapuuw.jpglsjob8jldm4s.jpg
    0gfx021cu2wa.jpeg
    9aqbs1vddxbh.jpg

I am originally from Kentucky but have spent the last 16 years in Virginia, about 20 minutes from the oceanfront. I love it here. I spent 6 years living in MinneSNOWta and that's no typo! I HATE cold weather, especially snow. If I could stay indoors and not have to go out in it and appreciate the scenery, like a Hallmark card, I'd be ok with it. It IS beautiful...especially around the holidays, but alas, reality says I must work. LOL Virginia has very little snow and I've even had a few years with NONE of it. YES PLEASE!

About 5 years ago, I thought I was suffering from a common malady, but it turned out to be an infection which burst open and went into sepsis. I went to a regular doctor's checkup, just to get my medications renewed and the doctor took one look and sent me to the hospital. I was rushed into emergency surgery and then spent the next 10 days fighting for my life. My Dr. told me I was just a few hours from no longer being in the world. THAT shook me up. I started getting serious about my weight loss and have lost about 80 lbs during that time. As we all know, it's difficult to lose weight, but I'm trying to stick with it and work towards being better. I've gotten into walking and that has been my saving grace, as I just love how great it makes me feel. I still have a long way to go, but I'm a work in progress.

This team has been an awesome source of inspiration and dedication for me. They're just an amazing group of people. I can't say enough good about how they've helped me. I KNOW you'll find that to be the case. My only piece of advice is "don't be a weigh-in reporter" only. It is true, the more you give and work with the group, the more you'll get of it as a support source.

I wish everyone a wonderful November and hopefully, we'll all enjoy a few motivating moments this month!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 We did talk a bit beforehand, but Tinus was already scared when she came in. He is just afraid of people in general. He was hiding under the kitchentable, so there wasn't really anything else to do but grab him. I don't think going slower would have made a difference sadly. He just had to get over the fear and realise she wasn't there to hurt him. She actually charged a flat rate that includes travel and she took her time. I think it took around 40 minutes total.
    The birds were from a Dutch website that sells products related to nature protection. A lot of bird food, but also nest boxes, houses for bats and squirrels, some plants, books etc. They also sell big metal birds that you can hang on trees, but those are expensive, so I thought the mini bird set would be more fun. I will hang them up somewhere inside.
    Sorry to hear work is so busy, poor Betty! Tinus already gets annoyed when I sleep. I am glad I can spend a lot of time with him at home! <3
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    Options
    Hi, My name is Darin. I'd like to do the Step challenge. 8,000 steps. I enjoy walking around my neighborhood and seeing all the decorations! my neighbors get really, really into Halloween.

I am 44 and live in Holly Springs, North Carolina, United States with my husband Josh and my two 3-year old cats, Ernest "Ernie" and Anderson "Noodle". Noodle got his nickname due to stealing spaghetti noodles straight from the pot when he was a small kitten unsupervised in the kitchen. They're my little sweet mischief makers.

@Pupowl My husband is an avid birdwatcher! I know he would love to see the wonderful birds you have in the Netherlands!

I am working to better my health for the rest of my life. In September I was back to 181 pounds, which was darn close to the heaviest I've ever been. I don't want to cross back into that territory. So I came back to MyFitnessPal and recommitted to food logging and regular exercise. Over the last five weeks I've lost five pounds, so things are working surely and steadily - though over the last week I've had a bit of a rebound. I'm hoping that starting in F2F will help me recover. Short-term goal: in February I'm going on a tropical cruise with my in-laws so there will be extended times in a swimsuit. So definitely want to lose what I can!

As soon as I learn how to put in the Spoiler tags I'll post pics of my cats. I don't want to spam up your feed :smiley:
  • Pupowl
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @DarinGettingHawtin2013 Feel free to post your cats! We love to see them. Spoilers are optional. You can select it from the bar above the chat box, it's the 6th symbol to the right of the emoji's. You can also type it out yourself and put [ spoiler] picture here [ /spoiler] without the spaces in between. Hope that helps!
    hht9qr5pnlww.png

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    looneycatblue
    Wk 1 - Sun, Oct 28th
    PW: 170.4
    CW: 171.0
    Gain/Loss: +0.6

SW: 178.8 (started May 2023)
    LTD: loss 7.8
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    @jessicakrall8, 4500 steps daily until I have my knee replacement and then I'll set a
    New higher goal to achieve
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    m5mjkh6o4mcf.jpg
    I'm hoping I can post this picture but this is my youngest cat Autumn RYne who is 4 years old
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

d1cgfdc7xgku.png
    quifqqcuo8gi.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    za1pv8st26h2.png

By Pounds
    zc2xcj1gdow8.png

Individual Results