Shape Shifters Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    Winter weather started here on Sunday. With the gardening mostly done for the year along with the preserving I find a have a little more time to spare. I've pulled out a puzzle I picked up at Goodwill, it has 2,000 pieces. Certainly the largest puzzle I've done.
    Today is a little bit of a busy day though. I have bread in the oven and yogurt started. Since I work part time from home I like to make as much of our food as I can. The bread is simple, costs less than store bought and does not include any oils or sugars. For the yogurt, it's really just a lot cheaper than buying it in the store. Dairy prices are pretty crazy in Canada and we eat a lot of greek yogurt.

I would love to learn how to make my own yogurt! :)
    Once my schedule eases up a bit, I want to make my own bread. Your day sounds peaceful.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Happy Halloween!!!

I’m still traveling so a little behind reading posts…

I saw we have a new member that’s a runner and viola player! Welcome! There is no shame in the half. I hate when people belittle the race. You have to actually train for that distance. You do what is right for you in the moment. What is your next race? I’m doing houston in January. This year the full, but last year the half and it was still a significant event.

Does the step challenge end today? Or on the 28th ? Let me know if I owe anything and I’ll try and figure out the steps from my phone. I’m not sure how to get to the chart.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose The month ended on the 28th, so we got all your steps in for last month!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Steps
    10/29 4,659
    10/30 7,469
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Happy Halloween!!!

I’m still traveling so a little behind reading posts…

I saw we have a new member that’s a runner and viola player! Welcome! There is no shame in the half. I hate when people belittle the race. You have to actually train for that distance. You do what is right for you in the moment. What is your next race? I’m doing houston in January. This year the full, but last year the half and it was still a significant event.

Does the step challenge end today? Or on the 28th ? Let me know if I owe anything and I’ll try and figure out the steps from my phone. I’m not sure how to get to the chart.

@SavageMrsMoose Go back to the first page of this month's thread and look for my pitch for the Step Challenge...I give the full description of where to find the step chart...
    Jessica
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    @DarinGettingHawtin2013 -- I can't stop laughing, LOL!!!! Your kitties are amazing / all in!

So many great posts! Great new people! Whoo Hoo! Going to be a crazy week for me and I haven't had a chance to post much but *waves*!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Steps
    10/31 4,310

3.5 in of snow fell in WI yesterday no outside walking and I was setting up my calendar for November
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In

PW: 135.6
    CW: 137.8

Ouch, big jump up this week. Weighing in the day after Halloween did not work out for me. I'm recommiting to the basics (tracking food, working out staying within calories), and I have no doubt I'll be down next week.
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wednesday steps 5372.

I had a nuero-ophthalmologist appointment today so I'm just getting home. I'm beyond exhausted yall. I'll catch up soon.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I recently listened to this podcast interviewing Dr. Bill Schindler, an archaeologist, primitive technologist, chef, and author of the book, Eat Like a Human. Link is below if you'd like to give it a listen.

They talk about the value in eating organ meats. What are your thoughts?

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7tAYAZGj3ZGrRHQC68PTM3?si=lEtgvqenQAeF1euqjcte9Q
This discussion has been closed.