Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,659 Member
    Options
    Sort of iffy so far today. Quick soup with what was there (onions, butternut squash, powdered stock, rice noodles, a bit of curry and Sriracha). Starbucks egg white and spinach wrap and creme brûlée almonds. Somewhere in there a couple of slices of rye bread (89g) with pistachios in honey (28g of them) protein a bit low so far
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    Don't see any mini chipits there with your yogurt and raspberries, Yooly! That would go so well :)

I had brussels sprouts a few times this week - they were soooo good !!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That soup doesn't sound too bad! I love squash soup/squash in soup ! Either way :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Stole the girl's squash!!!😳🙀

Let's see what happens later! 🤔
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You're in big trouble now 😱
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Oof, I know I mentioned in here that I am having the gastric sleeve surgery. I'm on full meal replacement shakes since yesterday. And I had an EGD (so propofol) yesterday.

So it's meal replacement shakes thrice a day (I am doctoring the chocolate flavored powder with a splash of fairlife skim milk and decaf coffee granules for flavor, plus the water to mix them) and loads of hot herbal tea. Honeybush pumpkin Chai with a splash of skim milk, minty comfort, peppermint, Raspberry patch and elderberry wine. I also have a nasty cold, so the tea is nice.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Oooof. That. Does. Not. Sound. Too. Comfy!
    You could probably have survived just FINE--WITHOUT the cold cherry topping!
    How soon are you expected to be in top form and back at work?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I negotiated my way out of trouble with the girl by trading LOBSTER for her squash!

(NOT purchased from the linked location): https://www.chewy.com/tuffys-ocean-creatures-larry-lobster/dp/39056
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    When's your surgery, Flying Nic??? Or have you already????
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Hope you’re feeling better Nic!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    When's your surgery, Flying Nic??? Or have you already????

November 13th. The meal replacement is pre-surgery. Afterwards it's clear liquids for a couple days, then full liquids for the remainder of the first 2 weeks post op, then a couple weeks of pureed/soft food diet. I am scouring the 'net for a good cream.of chicken soup recipe I can doctor up :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Soon! Sounds like you are going to be fully prepared. Can you include jello (gelatin) in your days of clear liquids?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Soon! Sounds like you are going to be fully prepared. Can you include jello (gelatin) in your days of clear liquids?

Sugar-free jello,yeah. And fortunately I love it. Stocking up on lime, orange and black cherry.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I didn't know they had black cherry!
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My body didn’t get the memo that we got an extra hour of sleep due to time change. So I was up an hour earlier today than needed. Decided to make a pot roast in the crock pot. Little bit of onion and potatoes and carrots. Looking forward to dinner tonight!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sounds like you made the best of the situation!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    What to eat on days in November when it’s 85+ degrees? Obviously not soup weather. Looks like the end of the week and future looks more promising for “winter” foods. This might explain why I’m eating yogurt and cereal for dinner!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Wow
  • PAV8888
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Oh my oh my oh my.... I had a long long long ago frozen commercial pumpkin pie sitting in the freezer. I took it apart! FROZEN! With a pair of knives and other instruments! Separated the crust from the insides! Logged the difference for the day... because let's face it we all knew that all of the 1300 Calories that were left were going to get eaten! (Turfed the crust pieces. Logged the inside of pie at the full pie calories per gram so definitely didn't underestimate given that the crust has comparatively more calories per gram).

One of the pie sections (the top/over the crust edge more cooked part) was consumed during deconstruction. Some was consumed after it has mostly thawed like crust less pie.... but about HALF got mixed into half a can of pure pumpkin (not pie mix can but pure pumpkin). With three drops of sucralose. And a bit of pumpkin spice... and a bit of pure cinnamon. AND... some greek yogurt! The yogurt helped round up the macros a bit!

Near the end of the day caved a bit and added variety with about 600 Cal of chili and baked potato at Wendy's while saving some of the pumpkin "mix" for today The mix was better today than it was yesterday. I mean not as good as the undiluted inside of the pie.. but definitely NOT terrible. Split the logging of the Wendy stuff with today. Oh well. It is all the same person and I wasn't wildly over/under anyway.

The adventure continues! :blush:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well at least there were a few veggies in the mix!