Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I weren’t keen on cooking today. So we split a 12” roast beef sub from Subway. About 350 calories for me.

Love oatmeal cookies. Really love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies but those have to be a rare treat. Are there white chocolate chipits?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    Last day before surgery. Clear liquids.

So far today I've had a 16oz cup of hot herbal tea (one lemon Zinger Tea bag, one tazo passion tea bag) and 20oz of water with a stur Lemon-Lime electrolyte packet (sugar-free). Plans include a couple big mugs of hot chicken broth. Maybe a sugar-Free jello or two. More water. Maybe a hot decaf coffee if I feel like it.

Tomorrow and two days after remain clear liquid. Wish me luck.

I Wil be in clear liquids
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! 😘
  • PAV8888
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Last night I dug up and re discovered some old favorites!

No-sugar jello pudding -- just whisk variety. 100 Cal per box plus the milk. Which can range depending on your splurge factor.

In the past I've found that having SOME amount, even small, of real dairy makes the thing work better (probably casein is what's needed???) but unsweetened vanilla oat milk would reduce the calories and taste fine.

This time I used left over 2%. So "high end" thickness and calories!😆

We only seem to have a few varieties up here.... Chocolate, vanilla,white chocolate, and butterscotch.

In honour of Laurie, of course, I made a white chocolate and a butterscotch and combined them together! 🙀🤣
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Jello brand sugar free has lemon, pistachio, banana cream and cheesecake too. The cheesecake is really good! Maybe Amazon - or cross the border for a shopping trip?
  • PAV8888
    edited November 2023
    Options
    The plant chippits bag is in the PENALTY BOX. I was happily trying to weight 10g of chippits :wink: to put on my pudding.... AND THE WHOLE BOTTOM OF THE BAG OPENED UP.... pouring a waterfall of chippits all over the counter!!!!

"straightening" everything into their secure containers resulted in 40g of chippits going missing instead of the 10g I was originally planning for!!!

So now I have to walk up to the store to discover whether they've all of a sudden started to import new varieties of sugar-free jello pudding... which I somehow doubt!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling very honoured, PAV :)

Yooly - I just checked available Chipit flavours. It's ridiculous. Semi=sweet, dark chocolote, milk chocolate, white creme, butterscotch, Reese's Peanut Butter and .... are you ready for this? ... creame cheese!

Flying Nic - wishing you all the best! Write to us lots - from this and the other side of surgery!
  • Yoolypr
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Today was usual breakfast. Lunch was a very MEH ramen in a cup 250 calories. I only used a bit of the seasoning packet due to salt which made the whole thing taste like warm dishwater😝. I should have added veggies or something.
    Tonight was a big salad, Wasa crackers with lite pimento cheese. Looking ts of chewing but I was craving a warm meal. Unfortunately I was too lazy…..

I think I want a calorie refund for both of those mediocre meals 😿
  • PAV8888
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Veggies to the rescue???? Warm from the nuker!🤣
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV to the rescue! There you go, Yooly! 🥰
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hug because in spite of being a mcd person I still fail to appreciate a Mc Rib! It's one of my few no way items at McD's!🤷‍♂️
  • Yoolypr
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I can’t get into McDs. I did it for a while while son was getting kids meals but it’s been 35 years ago. Since then, McDs is a desperation meal when on the road or at an airport.

I don’t know what it is - certainly not some food snob thing. I’ve been known to eat some crappy food choices. Over 76 years, I’ve sampled McDs in many states, cities and countries. So it’s not my local McD being off quality standards. It tastes “manufactured” to me. Could be just my geriatric taste buds…..?
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I’m not a McDonalds fan at all. Even my son would rather eat elsewhere. But there is something about that McRib that gets me. I ended the day under my calories but I was hungry before bed and wasn’t able to have a snack. Worth it though. That sandwich was soooo good.
  • lauriekallis
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I'm not a fan of McDonald's "food" at all - always pulled into their $1 cones though - and those little Boston Cream donuts are way too good. Needless to say I have to plan routes that do not pass a McDonalds - just in case the car pulls into the drive through.

Having a car has not been good for a healthy diet. I used to dream of driving to the organic supermarkets if I had a car - instead I found myself in drive throughs way too often.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I am trying to NOT eat McDonald's because I always feel horrible after I do for like a day and a half. Yet I still go back. I think they put something in the fries.

Making hibachi bowls tonight. Chicken, mushrooms, zucchini, and sweet carrots over rice. Going to actually run to the store in a bit because I only have basmati rice, which I love, but it doesn't work great with this sort of meal. You need rice that clumps together more. I even have a bottle of "Yum Yum" sauce (yes, that is the name of it) to drizzle on top. This is a go to meal for me. I just love it! Well balanced with lots of veggies... and you can easily switch up the veggies and protein options. I just have chicken and carrots in the freezer and mushrooms and zucchini that need to be used up.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You kids are too good!😎 Cars are terrible for food availability facilitation! Less availability is not always a terrible thing for some of us!

751g of California blend veggies, and a family size tray of six cannelloni, with sauce... makes/made two meals of just under 666 calories each!😜
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That sounds pretty tasty, PAV!
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Last night I dug up and re discovered some old favorites!

No-sugar jello pudding -- just whisk variety. 100 Cal per box plus the milk. Which can range depending on your splurge factor.

In the past I've found that having SOME amount, even small, of real dairy makes the thing work better (probably casein is what's needed???) but unsweetened vanilla oat milk would reduce the calories and taste fine.

This time I used left over 2%. So "high end" thickness and calories!😆

We only seem to have a few varieties up here.... Chocolate, vanilla,white chocolate, and butterscotch.

In honour of Laurie, of course, I made a white chocolate and a butterscotch and combined them together! 🙀🤣

@PAV8888 Have you tried mixing with fat free greek yogurt? Makes a fluff and is so good!
  • PAV8888
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @widgit808 is that the one that @Yoolypr tried to convince me to make.... which resulted in a kitchen explosion? 🙀 Scraping mix off the ceiling, clothes, counter, floor, cupboards?🤷‍♂️

We will have to give very very very PAV proof instructions on how to achieve this with precise amounts and equipment needed and handling and such....

I would like fluff. But the last attempt🤷‍♂️

I can provide 750g or 1kg 0% Greek yogurt. Vanilla, white Choco, Choco, or butterscotch sugar free jello pudding mix approx 30g each, except chocolate is a few more