Replies

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 139.4
    CW 140.4
    Was expecting worse after the week I've had,hopefully will get back on track for next week,sorry team.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Steps
    11/16 8,763
    11/17 11,044
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Missing a few weigh ins for the week, don't forget to check in <3
    @angmarie28 ~ you seem to be late nearly every single week. Maybe it is better to switch your weigh in day to something else?
    @mulecanter
    @cre804
    @murdog3t
    @Jlswensen ~ you missed last week as well. Keep in mind that 2 no weigh ins means you will be dropped from the group
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I asked to be excused for the 13th I thought because I was out of town. But the 20th I would like to be excused as well because of my being sick. Tyvm
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 Sorry if we missed that! I will excuse you for both
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 195.0
    CW 196.5

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    @pupowl, no problem. Ty. Idk if anyone else has experienced it in the group but I notice mfp let's posts disappear or it won't post. I'm hoping that's not what happened
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    The November Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Nov. 19th. Please join us for the "Eat It, Burn It" challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10903583/november-week-4-group-challenge-eat-it-burn-it/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread this week!
    Jessica
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 226.5
    CW: 229

Late!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20g net carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise: ✅
    30 min walk : ✅
    Steps: 12179
    Water: 88

Today’s Goal: log 🪵 all my food 🥘. 24hr fast , read cohort 📚, turn off my devices 1 hr before bed 🛌.

Weigh in day: Friday
    Goal weight:140
    SW: 161.8
    11/3: 159.2
    11/10 156.6
    CW: 156.6
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 11/18
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20g net carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise: ✅
    30 min walk : ✅
    Steps: 7815
    Water: 96

Today’s Goal: log 🪵 all my food 🥘. 16 hr fast , church ⛪️, read cohort 📚, watch 🏈, watch basketball 🏀, turn off my devices 1 hr before bed 🛌.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 11/17: 13,157
    Sat 11/18: 12,737
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Options
    I'm doing an active rest day yall so steps will be 0.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    @murdog3t - Nice working tracking your goals and staying in the ‘green’ in each day!

@Pupowl - That’s phenomenal progress in 90 days! Congratulations and keep up the good work! You shared that your day didn’t start out well, but you really seemed to turn it around and make the best of it. That’s great 😃

@frankwbrown - Your step count is always so impressive. In fact, this page is full of amazing Shape Shifters steppers — @izzyred9400, @LaurieWrobo, @Armygirlarmyof1, @pupowl, @jessicakrall8, and @murdog3t. One of these days I hope to join this impressive group!

I’ve been spending more time on downsizing the number of items in my house now that our children are adults. Today, I’m dedicating two hours to organizing and decluttering the keepsakes from my sons’ childhood, along with photos from family vacations, and other memorabilia.

The difficulty is that when I give attention to other parts of my life, my health habits seem to suffer. I’m trying to find balance so I don’t have to think too much about eating and exercise in order to maintain my weight loss. I hope to incorporate better habits so it doesn’t require as much effort and thought. Any ideas?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

hccvd5tun00s.png
    y7yvga37ekf3.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    t7x8nuaa6ai3.png

By Pounds
    okvg66vatlec.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    qrtn8t87w8n3.png
    xvxmrhn6kh8i.png

By Pounds
    kg58zgcg6o7d.png

Team Winners
    oo06upwk8ttl.png
  • Pupowl
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal Thank you! It did get better throughout the day thankfully. :smile:
    Weight loss/maintaining is really tough. I think for most people it will always be something they need to keep putting energy towards to avoid falling back into bad habits, or even just losing the good ones. I think a good starting point would be trying to figure out how much time/effort you need for your healthy habits first. Try to sort out your baseline or minimum habits in order to keep maintaining/losing, like 12.000 steps is one for me. Balance is good, but that doesn't mean everything needs to be 50/50. For me my health is the most important thing, so that gets the most attention. Maybe you simply need to adjust the amount you spent on other things. Decluttering for 2 hours is a lot of time! If you can only do that once a week, you might be better off doing 30 minutes at a time 4 times a week.
    Of course there is the usual thing of meal prepping and planning your days ahead of time, but even then I think it is never something you won't have to think about. I don't cook, so my food is all really easy. Prepackaged salads, protein deserts (single servings), protein bars, healthy crackers/bread with cheese. I always fill in my food journal the day before. It helps that I eat a lot of the same stuff, so I know the calories and I can easily figure out if what I want to eat will fit into my day. It is easier to plan ahead of time instead of on the day when you are hungry; you are much more likely to make bad choices that way, or eat too much which makes the rest of the day a lot less fun. Something else you could try is a smaller eating window. For me that has made a big difference, because it cuts out a lot of time thinking about food. I know I don't eat before 10 in the morning, and stop eating at 4 which creates some peace in a way.
    Also a lot of people have this idea of what their perfect day looks like, but we don't often have perfect days and most of the time being perfect isn't even needed to make progress. I feel like I am rambling now, so I am sorry if none of this is useful, lol :lol:
    I like this video which touches on being perfect: https://youtu.be/VVyEjBHiZOo?si=E54OxsrY67HRYUjF
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Great video @Pupowl -- and it's obvious to me that this young fellow has an appreciation for 'One Punch Man' :D

When I go out to exercise I'm usually avoiding real work I don't want to do. Hike / run long distances - well, guess those dishes and dusting can wait (I hate housework - sorry Mom and ancestors...) Yup, would love to hand scrub the kitchen floor but I need to get into shape... ;-P It's ridiculous, it really is.
This discussion has been closed.