WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,203 Member
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    So I had my book club tonight and boy did I eat 🙈. I am stuffed and this breaks my 8 day streak of eating on plan. I hope I didn't do too much damage, but back to plan tomorrow!

You've got this. Pre-log tomorrow. Have a perfect day :innocent:
  • jugar
    Options
    Weigh-in update!
    Due through Thursday, even though I know some will be late due to travel:
    @strong_fit_ells
    @Sta827
    @MaddawgMadsen
    @ashleycarole86
    @conleywoods
    @bowens1973

Thanks!
  • sugagirl5
    sugagirl5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Great to hear from you @sugagirl5 ! You'll find that there are a whole bunch of Canadians on this team - I'm in Québec, @ashleycarole86 and her hubby @bowens1973 are in Alberta (as is @cleaneater80 ), and @carolannm2 is in Saskatchewan. We have four from the UK, and one in Brazil! All the rest are all over the map in the US. There are a couple of people who have not said where they live, so we can dream them into anywhere.

As to PW? That's just "previous weight" - and it is no biggie if you don't remember your weight from the previous week or don't care to put it in there. It is a good one to post especially when you have had a successful week so everyone can give you the big cheer for losing that week. But no one loses absolutely every week, so no worries about posting gains. They happen :neutral:

You're right that long winters, short daylight, and all the joys of this season are especially challenging, and that exercise is the best tool to fight that. Sometimes getting in a workout, a walk outdoors, some snowshoeing or whatever is your burn of choice is hard. We don't wanna. We get lost in the meh. But the exercise is the thing that gets rid of the lethargy and apathy - so you've got it right. Go do it anyhow. Beats ubereats for sure!

Yay that’s awesome there’s so many other Canadians in here, and you’re right next door lol. Hopefully I’ll be able to get to know y’all more and where you’re at literally and figuratively.

Ohhh ok PW = previous weight, that’s pretty useful to be able to see people’s most recent progress!

Lol at “Getting lost in the meh” thats a great way of describing it. I always feel better after a workout, it’s almost like a high and self pride like I did that! And also means I get to eat more calories when logging my food for the day on here 🤤
  • sugagirl5
    sugagirl5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ugh you have my complete empathy @jugar my ex was severely allergic to my pets and used to be such a whiney baby about it… like my pets are my fur bbs they’re not going nowhere, them on the other case lol jk

The slush on the floor is definitely the cherry on top, I’m debating not even bothering to clean my floors before having company for Xmas cuz I know everyone will come in with boots on and I don’t wanna spend the night being a boot monitor lol but good for you for not letting it throw you off your macro game!
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good morning Waistaways 🥰

I'm so sorry for late weigh in again 😔

It is a gain again. I just can't seem to pull myself out of the destruction zone 😢

CW 232.2 lbs

*sigh* 🤷😕🫣
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Good morning team !

@jugar you are absolutely correct that is only causes a temp rise, cause wouldn't you know it, I am back to my prev weight already... I thought about being a day late yesterday, but I was like nope, that's not the right thing to do, I have to face my consequences, but it is going to give me a larger loss next week, that isn't 100% true, so if you want to change it to 163.8 which would be more accurate, I am fine with that.

I walked on the treadmill last night, and I was so mad afterwards, ya see, we started a new health plan, and for everyday with 10k steps or 30 minutes of activity, they pay you .50 cents, sure it's not a lot, but it adds up, and I am a sucker for a cash prize, anyway, my fitbit only clocked me doing 29 minutes ! I was 1 minute short, yet the treadmill says I was on it for 32 minutes ! ARGH... lol

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy how do they track the steps or activity at work? My work does something similar, but we can manually enter in our activity and don't have to pair a device.

My day today is trending in the right direction. I will be under my calories, but didn't have the healthiest breakfast as I ate some hashbrowns. I am also going to the gym after work today to do day 2 of the c25k program.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    PW: 170.4
    CW: 171.6

For the week I've had, I'll take it. I feel bad letting the team down with the red, but I took care of myself and my friends/family. Now that the funeral is over, I will get back on track. Especially since the doctor cleared me today to start working out again (slowly building the weight), and said I should bowl on Monday. :)

I will hop on later with a question for everyone. Until then, have a great Thursday!
  • jugar
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen No you did not let the team down. You are here, and you did what you needed to do, helped people through a rough time, and the heck with perfection during such a time. You'll be enjoying those workouts again soon enough - thanks for being here :heart:
    I walked on the treadmill last night, and I was so mad afterwards, ya see, we started a new health plan, and for everyday with 10k steps or 30 minutes of activity, they pay you .50 cents, sure it's not a lot, but it adds up, and I am a sucker for a cash prize, anyway, my fitbit only clocked me doing 29 minutes ! I was 1 minute short, yet the treadmill says I was on it for 32 minutes ! ARGH... lol

How dare you take steps before your fitbit is ready??? Seriously!
    ul27oqwocbd5.png
  • jugar
    Options
    It'll be good for you to be home again @ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 ! And hopefully not living through crazy work schedules, family visits, and all the things. I know that's too much to ask, but hey - you all can dream, right?

Thanks for catching up with us @strong_fit_ells ! I know things are hard for you right now, but I'd bet you are doing better by coming in here once in a while than you would be if you didn't. Our voices are in your head sometimes, right? Hugs to you!

cool that you didn't have to sit on a jury right away @EvMakesChanges - this is a nutsy time of year for that to happen! We want to hear all about your live gym session :smiley:

I had my first sled dog run of the season today. No dogs are involved in this process - just me! I harness myself up, and pull the toboggan full of groceries and whatever else up our long hill. I love my harness. I'm a good dog. I did indeed get a cookie tonight 🐕

Off into Friday land! Here are the incoming numbers:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @Kali225
    @Pearl4686
    @leni1us
    @petexj78
    @jugar

and a few left to come from earlier days:
    @Sta827
    @ashleycarole86
    @conleywoods
    @bowens1973

Off we go!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    hello hello. Absolutely exhausted from traveling yesterday to NYC for our company holiday party. The party was really fun!! I probably had 1-2 more drinks than I should have but wasn't in terrible shape this morning. xD I wore heeled booties and we were standing around chatting and eating for probably 5 hours straight so my feet nearly disintegrated. I will head home Saturday morning. I really need to make sleep a bigger focus for me. Getting to bed earlier, slowing down in the evening, 8 hours, the whole shebang.

@jugar your cleaning day sounds like a workout for sure, I would also have been raging after those boot prints made their way onto my clean floor.

@ashleycarole86 I haven't watched VP but I do know what you mean about sightings haha how fun! glad you guys had a good time. hope today was a much easier travel day than you had a few weeks ago!!!

since I'm not home, I definitely won't be making the best food choices this week but I am still doing my best to track protein. I'm totally behind on the last week of workouts for my challenge, but I can always pick those up when I get home.

Non-scale victory - I took a pretty small plane from Boston to NYC and with the size of my hips & body this year, sitting in plane seats has been a source of much anxiety for me. When I got on the plane yesterday, I immediately tried to raise my armrest (aisle) before sitting down, and they were the kind that don't come up (hate that). But, when I plopped down I realized that I didn't need to raise it. I fit in the seat much more comfortably than I have been since flights in April and July which felt really nice. (Note, this was JetBlue who I think often have the widest seats in economy, so that may have afforded me 1-2 extra inches... but I still felt better!)
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    @jugar can I change my weigh in day to tomorrow for this week?
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 225
    CW 226

I'm home! The trip was outstanding and our travel home day was good... very short sleep though before work this morning so it'll be a long day. TGIF!

• petexj78
    petexj78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    PW 276.3
    CW 276.6

Unfortunately no loss to report this week!, but fairly certain my dinner last night was responsible! Heading into the weekend with a positive attitude!

I did manage to make to the gym a few times, but an ankle issue is putting a C25K on hold till January, but I will continue walking and lifting till then!

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Time to do a proper intro now that I'm back home. My name is Ashley, I'm 37 years old, and I'm married to my favorite guy and fellow teammate @bowens1973 . We live just outside Calgary, Alberta with our dog and two cats. My mother also lives in our basement with her dog.

I started at 293 and got down to my goal weight in 2022 and then the weight has started to creep back on since then. It's no mystery as to why as my exercise has dropped off and my eating had gone up. I had a job change in Sept of 2022 and it has been hard on me mentally and I've been using bad habits to cope. I started seeing a therapist this summer which is helpful but the work I have to do on ingrained thinking patterns is not a quick fix.

I've felt overwhelmed and everything feels like too much. So, I've just been whooping it up, and it shows on the scale. I started December with an iconic vacation in Disney where food was a high point but I also took a ton of daily steps. My focus between now and my next big vacation at the end of February is to increase my cardio again and to track my food more days than not.

I am your team step counter and I'm behind due to holidays but reported steps will be tallied up this weekend so thanks again for your patience!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - I have to know, who did you see? I've been to LA twice and the only celebrity I saw was Jimmy Kimmel, but that was because we got free tickets to his show. I did see Dane Cook (comedian) at a restaurant in Salt Lake City once.

My question for everyone is, now that it is December, which is a month full of holidays, what are some of your December traditions?

For me, I make a lot of goodies. I love making cookies for people of all different kinds. The favorites seem to always be spin offs of chocolate chip. So, peppermint chocolate chip, pumpkin chocolate chip, etc. I also do quite a bit of peppermint bark, and my family makes pretzel Rolo pecan bites (pretzels with Rolos on top, melted just barely in the oven, and then a pecan pushed down into the slightly melted Rolo).
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar can I change my weigh in day to tomorrow for this week?
    Certainly!
    petexj78 wrote: »
    PW 276.3
    CW 276.6

Unfortunately no loss to report this week!, but fairly certain my dinner last night was responsible! Heading into the weekend with a positive attitude!

I did manage to make to the gym a few times, but an ankle issue is putting a C25K on hold till January, but I will continue walking and lifting till then!
    I had your starting weight as 280! So you lost 3.4 pounds - maybe there was an update last Friday when we were just switching over to the new month, but in any case - I could leave it as 280 and you can feel great about your recent progress if you like :smiley:

Kali225 wrote: »
    Non-scale victory - I took a pretty small plane from Boston to NYC and with the size of my hips & body this year, sitting in plane seats has been a source of much anxiety for me. When I got on the plane yesterday, I immediately tried to raise my armrest (aisle) before sitting down, and they were the kind that don't come up (hate that). But, when I plopped down I realized that I didn't need to raise it. I fit in the seat much more comfortably than I have been since flights in April and July which felt really nice. (Note, this was JetBlue who I think often have the widest seats in economy, so that may have afforded me 1-2 extra inches... but I still felt better!)
    This is great! Plopping down in a seat and getting that kind of surprise is fabulous. You have been doing so well with all those workouts I am not a bit surprised! Enjoy your NY yummies and then back to it!

This discussion has been closed.