WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    @jugar - I have not felt well the last few days and have not been weighing myself. Can I take this week off from the weigh in?

I love this conversation about social media. Do you think social media has made your life better, worse, or no impact either way? Why? If it has made it worse, what are some strategies you have implemented to make it less impactful? I like the comment @lauren_989 made about it - setting a timer. Any other ideas?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,190 Member
    Options
    @jugar - I have not felt well the last few days and have not been weighing myself. Can I take this week off from the weigh in?

I love this conversation about social media. Do you think social media has made your life better, worse, or no impact either way? Why? If it has made it worse, what are some strategies you have implemented to make it less impactful? I like the comment @lauren_989 made about it - setting a timer. Any other ideas?
    No problem - the week is off.
  • jugar
    Options
    Weigh-ins due Thursday:
    @ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973

We hope not to lose you! Second week missing, so please weigh in or you will have to rejoin!
    @littlemzkitty
    @sugagirl5

Thanks!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    @jugar - Can I switch my weigh-in day to today? I’m going out for dinner tonight (BBQ) and fully expect tomorrow to look like a sodium bomb.

PW - 196.4
    CW - 195.8

Starting to get back down. I’m weighing myself every day and trying to track and pre-plan better, especially the weekends.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,162 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 229.4
    CW 229
  • jugar
    edited December 2023
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    I had a BAD day. I am going to have a rough few days eating now. I did so good at the begininning of the month, but now I'm like it's Christmas...time for sweets! 🙈
    yep. right there with you - agggggh!!! I got down to visit family, and it has been a free-for-all ever since. We'll catch it back afterwards. We WILL!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,877 Member
    Options
    I had a BAD day. I am going to have a rough few days eating now. I did so good at the begininning of the month, but now I'm like it's Christmas...time for sweets! 🙈

Lauren this is why I hate Christmas most of the time. To much chocolate everywhere. My daughter told me to help with sugar cravings you need something really salty. Hmmm. I don't like to trade one bad habit for another. So might just try a pinch of salt when I look at chocolate. More like a punishment!

@jugar glad you had a good visit with him. Flutes? Intriguing.

@Kali225 so glad you can help them out. My generation can remember rabbit ears and the first microwave. So many changes. My largest aquarium is wifi! Lights, pumps, heater, protein skimmer and dosing station all run by a computer program. We love it when you get things back up and running for us

I spent the better half of today looking at healthy cook books. Way to much work for something I can not even pronounce. Then I looked up healthy wraps. I found loads of different wraps. Right up my alley. Easy, and lots of options.

Shelley
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Good morning WaistAways!

I won't be near a scale tomorrow, so-
    CW: 182.8
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 258.4
    CW: 259.8

Bah, humbug. Not shocked and happy to still be in this new decade. With the holidays, there is going to be a LOT of eating the next 5 ish days, but I am really loving my relationship with movement/workouts the last few weeks (and so happy that despite the organized challenge I was doing ending, I haven't completely dropped workouts this week - keeping the vibes going!) so hopefully I can strike some balance.

As it is, I just went to my favorite deli and got an egg sandwich for breakfast. I am a happy gal.

@ashleycarole86 and @bowens1973 love that you guys got a ride in together!

@Gidgitgoescrzy omg I know exactly the sweet tart ropes you mean - they are like my new problem food lol. So delicious and the grocery store 20 feet from my apartment almost always has them stocked. ~danger zone ~ :D

@zumbaforever your post gave me a chuckle but a programmed aquarium sounds pretty fancy!

Happy holidays to all those celebrating the next few days - I will try to check in but likely also just lurking.
  • jugar
    Options

Lauren this is why I hate Christmas most of the time. To much chocolate everywhere. My daughter told me to help with sugar cravings you need something really salty. Hmmm. I don't like to trade one bad habit for another. So might just try a pinch of salt when I look at chocolate. More like a punishment!
    @jugar glad you had a good visit with him. Flutes? Intriguing.

@Kali225 so glad you can help them out. My generation can remember rabbit ears and the first microwave. So many changes. My largest aquarium is wifi! Lights, pumps, heater, protein skimmer and dosing station all run by a computer program. We love it when you get things back up and running for us

I spent the better half of today looking at healthy cook books. Way to much work for something I can not even pronounce. Then I looked up healthy wraps. I found loads of different wraps. Right up my alley. Easy, and lots of options.
    Shelley
    I have one word for you, Shelley. Pickles. It isn't salty that is the craving killer - it is sour. When you're finished eating, BEFORE diving on the sweets. Have a pickle or 2 or more. They are low calorie. Zero fat. Hopefully not the saltiest variety you can find. Chances are, your sweet craving goes down or hopefully away. Pickles, not just salt. Give it a try.
  • jugar
    Options
    Wow! Sounds like some fun times and temptations and lots of good stuff happening. I had a nice afternoon with my dad - he is doing much better than the last time I visited. And I did the virtual 5k this morning - touring the road I grew up on and several other landmarks within that area. Go check out the photos on the group challenge thread if you want!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905182/december-week-3-group-challenge-targeted-exercise-challenge#latest
  • jugar
    Options
    Hard to believe, but it is the last day of our week 3 on Saturday! Here is the line-up for weigh-ins:

@EvMakesChanges
    @leni1us
    @petexj78
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359

thanks!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,877 Member
    Options
    @jugar thanks for the tip. I really want to look good for my brothers wedding in May. Great job on the 5 k. I didn't even realize what everyone was meaning. But found the post tonight about the 5 k.

@Kali225 glad to make you laugh a little. In the meantime I sadly lost one of my fish in quarantine. No idea why. The wrasse is still doing well. My new Copperband butterfly fish is eating well and still being secretive. They will be going into my display tank later.

I checked out a friends Tonal today. It is expensive and then there is a subscription on top of it. But I liked it. So tomorrow I am going to do a light workout on it. It made my cough worsen today. So keeping it light.

Safe travels everyone.
This discussion has been closed.