Replies

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Steps: 5,533
    Rings: ✔️
    Walk:❌
    Swim: 3/2

Yesterday for the first time in along while I had a terrible binge. I ate so much I made myself feel sick. It was a very emotional day yesterday. My cousin died. I spent the day filled with sadness at the same time remembering all the times I spent babysitting him and his brother. I remember the great times spent together as children at my grandparents. Unfortunately, living away from Newfoundland for around 34 or more years total of my adult life I don’t get to spend much time with my cousins anymore. My tumultuous relationship with my mom came to a head yesterday also. One of my brothers hasn’t spoke to my mom and it may have come to this point for me. Of course this fills me with terrible anxiety, guilt and shame. Hence the binge yesterday. I probably ate close to 2000 calories after supper. I will try to eat better today. I am not sure I will get to the pool today. I had a call from another tenant yesterday afternoon and she told me there is a sign on the pool door saying it’s closed. I will call in a bit to see how long this will be an issue.

I share all of this because I wanted to be transparent in my binge eating and the factors contributing toit. I did logg everything which I find very helpful when I am honest in my logging. I do like to label things as overeating, a small binge or a big binge. That’s only fooling me as a binge is a binge. Today will be a better day.

I hope you all have an amazing Sunday.

Sorry for your loss Linda. Go easy on yourself, you've got this x
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps

1.1 7,591
    1.2 10, 407
    1.3 2,656
    1.4 11,393
    1.5 2,541
    1.6 10,906
    1.7 614

Life interfering with my walking plans!
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Liketoyak
    Weigh-in day: Friday-sorry for late post. I was away this weekend and forgot to post my weigh in.

PW: 290.1 ( I think) I can't find my old post to check it and I didnt' record it.
    CW: 292.1
  • abeks
    abeks Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Pw: 209
    Cw: 209.2
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    PW-214
    CW-212.6
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    12/31-6384
    1/1-4510
    1/2-3237
    1/3-7743
    1/4-3487
    1/5-4914
    1/6-425
    The last 2 weeks have been really bad weeks. I have tried to push thru the headaches and can't seem to do it. Maybe next week will be better. I have seen the neorologist and I think we have a plan. I feel I have more energy , the headaches are worse tho. I will get there I have faith things will work out. Next week is a new week. Brighter side I'm down almost 2lbs.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    I am excited we just got a Sprouts and Aldi store here ... daughter and I are going to go check out Aldi today they have a lot of keto things ...I am also going to try organic due to having headaches and migraines a lot lately .. I am excited to see what I can do in 2024

Was not impressed with Aldi and no they don't have a lot of keto stuff and if you want a cart you will need to pay a quarter but I absolutely love sprouts ..this will be my new store

You know that you get your quarter back right?
    I like Aldi for some things like canned goods and produce is much less expensive. However they do not have all the produce that I like to buy either. I always go to two stores when I shop for groceries. I don’t know what a sprouts is but what I wish we had here is Trader Joe’s. Love that store!

I didn't have any money on me so I just put my stuff in a bag that I brought ....I still wasn't impress.. Sprouts is an organic store ..I am going that route to see if my headaches/migraines will get better

I feel for you. I had a heck of a time with chronic migraines until I started on topamax. Has really helped to prevent them from happening so often. I hope you get some relief!

Thank you ... I take Sumatriptan 100mg...which helps but then I go night night (during the day)

Isn’t funny how these medications that help, have side effects that are not so great. Are you the type that sleeping in the day causes poor sleep at night?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Hi, Linda. Hope you’re doing well today! 🙏🫶🏻. Here are my numbers:

User: rwillems
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW: 282.2
    CW: 278.6

I spent the better part of this past week going through my food logs, my mood logs, and my weight measurements to build a plan to help me achieve my health goals for this coming year. No surprise there, I suspect most of us have been doing the same. Well I have a plan and so far, so good. I hope everyone had a good 2023 and will have a better 2024!

Fantastic loss! I love mfp as I have everything at my fingertips. It’s one of the reasons I like to check in daily. If I am having trouble with weight loss for a month or two, I can go back and read the check ins. That will kind of give me an idea of what is happening. It’s interesting to also look at patterns. I have been using mfp to lose weight for almost 4 years. From looking at my data, I can see I typically struggle every fall. You can see it on my weight loss graph. That is when I get back from my trip home. So you are right, those logs are a wealth of knowledge.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps

1.1 7,591
    1.2 10, 407
    1.3 2,656
    1.4 11,393
    1.5 2,541
    1.6 10,906
    1.7 614

Life interfering with my walking plans!

That happens. I hope everything is ok. We are here for you.
    adianeschu wrote: »
    PW-214
    CW-212.6

Great loss! I hope your headaches improve. I am glad that neurologist has come up with a plan. I do get bad headaches but thankfully I usually don’t get them daily. I do get injections which seem to help reduce the frequency.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    I am excited we just got a Sprouts and Aldi store here ... daughter and I are going to go check out Aldi today they have a lot of keto things ...I am also going to try organic due to having headaches and migraines a lot lately .. I am excited to see what I can do in 2024

Was not impressed with Aldi and no they don't have a lot of keto stuff and if you want a cart you will need to pay a quarter but I absolutely love sprouts ..this will be my new store

You know that you get your quarter back right?
    I like Aldi for some things like canned goods and produce is much less expensive. However they do not have all the produce that I like to buy either. I always go to two stores when I shop for groceries. I don’t know what a sprouts is but what I wish we had here is Trader Joe’s. Love that store!

I didn't have any money on me so I just put my stuff in a bag that I brought ....I still wasn't impress.. Sprouts is an organic store ..I am going that route to see if my headaches/migraines will get better

I feel for you. I had a heck of a time with chronic migraines until I started on topamax. Has really helped to prevent them from happening so often. I hope you get some relief!

Thank you ... I take Sumatriptan 100mg...which helps but then I go night night (during the day)

Isn’t funny how these medications that help, have side effects that are not so great. Are you the type that sleeping in the day causes poor sleep at night?

absolutely ..I am not sleeping great with this darn foot of mine and it being 31 degrees this morning is not making the foot happy
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970--January 1-Steps 8,787
    January 2- Steps 10, 864-Workout 28 minutes rower 11 minutes core
    January 3-Steps 10,366-Workout 21 minutes treadmill 16 minutes core
    01/04-Steps 12,250 - Workout Rower 30 min
    01/05-Steps 7,245
    01/06-steps 10,036
    01/07- steps 8,749

@lindamtuck2018--PW 196 CW 197
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @myhands4God
    I don’t have a weight for you for last week. Can you let me know lasts weeks weight? Also, can you confirm your preferred weigh in day? Thanks!

I was trying to do it on Saturdays but I am finding that stuff happens and I don't get to it until Sunday. So Sunday will be my weigh in day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @MyChoiceisaGoodLife

Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 160.2
    CW: 161.4

I am having a moment that is both triggering and bringing seeds of awareness that could lead to release of old damaging thoughts. Two days late posting and I will not make excuses.

Triggering because I purposefully did not post on Friday as I was too busy being embarrassed and feeling hopeless for gaining a pound, not losing weight, as well as saying horrible things to myself over the past 2 days.

Awareness because I'm just now realizing that horrible self-talk is part of the loop I get caught in. I have tears in my eyes as I write this. That self-talk has been in charge of me since I was a child. A child! I would never talk to my child like I talk to myself. My son is 27 and just was home for Christmas weighing much more than he has in years. In contemplating a talk about health with him I realized it would be heard as body shaming and I could not make him feel the way I feel about myself.

Why am I so mean to myself? I would think I deserve better than the terrible things I say to myself. I hate feeling shame and no longer wish to have a part in it.

I'll go now and continue to contemplate this awareness and how to move forward.

Thanks for listening!

We are always here to listen. One thing I was told, was to have compassion for myself. Some times this is easier said then done. She also told me to say to myself what I would say to others in the same situation. I wonder if you wrote in one side of a piece a paper, the mean thing you said about yourself and on the other write what you would say to someone else who is in the same situation. I think I will start doing that. I think it would help remind me to be kinder to myself.

My daughter gained weight over the last few years. I don’t say anything about it to her unless she mentions it first. Like you, I never want her to feel about
    herself the way I have made myself feel.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question:

We are through the first week of the new year. How did it go? Did you have to rethink any of your goals? Did you have any NSV’s?
  • rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    edited January 8
    Options
    Question:

We are through the first week of the new year. How did it go? Did you have to rethink any of your goals? Did you have any NSV’s?

Well it went well nutritionally. I had no sweets, and did no snacking after dinner. As far as activity, I was still recovering from an URI so I had no intentional activity but yesterday I kicked it in high gear and got in over 10,000 steps and this morning walked for 15 minutes , then got in my first 30 minute swim. It felt great! All in all I’m happy with my start in 2024! Have a great day everyone!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Question:

January 1st I was mad at myself for putting on 19lb in 2 weeks and undoing 3 months of hard work. Yes i over ate but not 8000 calories a day but the scales don't lie!
    January 2, I left the pity party! Admit what's happened to myself and mfp, move back to the rv, get my butt out walking, start logging and get back on it!
    My nsv, people still telling me I'm looking super slim, mainly because I'm wearing clothes that fit instead of sacks!
    My goals, i thought 276 down to 186 was fine. But now I'm actually thinking i might lower my goal to a permanent 176lb. Linda lowering her goal has made me rethink! I'll see how it goes in the next few months.
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    adianeschu wrote: »
    PW-214
    CW-212.6

Way to go!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!

Recap: Busy weekend with birthday celebrations. Had wine on Saturday (the 2nd and final exception for dry January). Still under calories on Sunday but a few too many pretzels. Good workout this morning. I've decided to add 5 more minutes to my treadmill walk (from 30 to 35 and 20 to 25 on leg days) and to do 10 kettle lifts daily.

- THOUGHTS: It's not going to be easy, but it will get easier!

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    1/7 5,747
    1/8
    1/9
    1/10
    1/11
    1/12
    1/13

@MyChoiceisaGoodLife
    You said it best!! While you started down the path of negativity, you corrected yourself and became aware while taking steps to not get caught in the loop! You get it and that's awesome! Re your son...another amazing realization. You can show him by your actions!

First week of the new year NSV:
    • Continuing to work out daily.
    • Met my water goal (it was small)🙂
    • Worked on being present!
This discussion has been closed.