• ChickieBoom22
    ChickieBoom22 Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 8
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 229.5
    CW: 227.2

Question:

We are through the first week of the new year. How did it go? Did you have to rethink any of your goals? Did you have any NSV’s?

The first week of the new year has been good. I have been really stressed out at work. I can be a terrible procrastinator which causes more stress. I sat myself down today and took care of the things that I needed to take care of. Now it's done and I can relax.

One of my new year's resolutions was to stop cursing. I curse a lot and it's not so nice. It's only been a week but I've been really impressed with my efforts so far.
    Another resolution was to get up early twice a week and work out at home. I've also been really consistent with that so far so I'll give myself a pat on the shoulder.

My NSV is that one of my belt no longer fits! I bought it at my highest weight of 294 in September 2022. It was the first belt I'd worn in years and it's way too big for me now. I can't even wear it anymore.
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Question:

We are through the first week of the new year. How did it go? Did you have to rethink any of your goals? Did you have any NSV’s?

The first week of the new year has been good. I have been really stressed out at work. I can be a terrible procrastinator which causes more stress. I sat myself down today and took care of the things that I needed to take care of. Now it's done and I can relax.

One of my new year's resolutions was to stop cursing. I curse a lot and it's not so nice. It's only been a week but I've been really impressed with my efforts so far.
    Another resolution was to get up early twice a week and work out at home. I've also been really consistent with that so far so I'll give myself a pat on the shoulder.

My NSV is that one of my belt no longer fits! I bought it at my highest weight of 294 in September 2022. It was the first belt I'd worn in years and it's way too big for me now. I can't even wear it anymore.

Nice work!!
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

When you report your steps also give Megan the length of time you swam and if it was leisurely, moderately or vigorous effort. Swimming is an excellent form of exercise as you are working so many muscles.

What about cutting the grass?
    [/quote]

Can you let @prodigal6766 know if you can convert cutting grass into steps? [/quote]

I can give you the step count. I just wondered if it qualified. Seems that it would.
  • prodigal6766
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Saturday Weigh-in

PW: 265 lbs
    CW: 263 lbs

Fantastic loss. I can’t drink shakes with milk or yogurt. I do drink a shake with diet cranberry juice, bananas and chocolate protein powder. I get on a kick with them and then I get sick of them.

Get rid of the cranberry juice and put some peanut butter in there. That is what I do for my early protein shake.

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,516 Member
    Options
    Question:

My first week went just ok. I am trying to eat healthier this year instead of focusing just on calories-in and calories-out. It is a hard thing to try to get the three macros correct (protein, carbs, & fat) and I have been trying out different methods of tracking. Unfortunately, I am UP on the scale, which is very frustrating! I think I may just go back to the way I was doing it, and just focus on protein for now - trying to hit 75G.

My NSV: I am trying to get a buffer on the 2,024 miles in 2024 so that if I ever need a break I can take one without getting behind. I've logged almost 70 miles so far this year, averaging 7.7 miles a day (you need 5.54 per day). I'm 25 miles ahead!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    @myhands4God
    I don’t have a weight for you for last week. Can you let me know lasts weeks weight? Also, can you confirm your preferred weigh in day? Thanks!

I was trying to do it on Saturdays but I am finding that stuff happens and I don't get to it until Sunday. So Sunday will be my weigh in day.

I have quite a few of my Saturday weighers move to Sunday for that reason.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Question:

Awesome loss! I didn’t curse a lot but I did swear more than I did now. I became friends with a lady about 3 years ago. She doesn’t like swearing so I didn’t when I was with her so it carried over into the rest of my life. If you get me real mad though I swear like a drunken sailor. Ask my husband. 😂Great NSV! You must feel so good with all the weight you have lost.
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    Question:

My first week went just ok. I am trying to eat healthier this year instead of focusing just on calories-in and calories-out. It is a hard thing to try to get the three macros correct (protein, carbs, & fat) and I have been trying out different methods of tracking. Unfortunately, I am UP on the scale, which is very frustrating! I think I may just go back to the way I was doing it, and just focus on protein for now - trying to hit 75G.

My NSV: I am trying to get a buffer on the 2,024 miles in 2024 so that if I ever need a break I can take one without getting behind. I've logged almost 70 miles so far this year, averaging 7.7 miles a day (you need 5.54 per day). I'm 25 miles ahead!

I think part of losing weight is to continuously try different ways of eating. If it works keep it otherwise we try a different way. I like your NSV. That is quite the buffer. Great job.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    Question:

Well it went well nutritionally. I had no sweets, and did no snacking after dinner. As far as activity, I was still recovering from an URI so I had no intentional activity but yesterday I kicked it in high gear and got in over 10,000 steps and this morning walked for 15 minutes , then got in my first 30 minute swim. It felt great! All in all I’m happy with my start in 2024! Have a great day everyone!

I am glad you enjoyed your swim. How often do you plan on swimming each week?
    Question:

January 1st I was mad at myself for putting on 19lb in 2 weeks and undoing 3 months of hard work. Yes i over ate but not 8000 calories a day but the scales don't lie!
    January 2, I left the pity party! Admit what's happened to myself and mfp, move back to the rv, get my butt out walking, start logging and get back on it!
    My nsv, people still telling me I'm looking super slim, mainly because I'm wearing clothes that fit instead of sacks!
    My goals, i thought 276 down to 186 was fine. But now I'm actually thinking i might lower my goal to a permanent 176lb. Linda lowering her goal has made me rethink! I'll see how it goes in the next few months.

That’s a great NSV. I found at first when I started wearing clothes that fit I was so uncomfortable as I wore them so big for so many years to cover my belly fat. I am starting to get used to clothes that fit. I know for myself, I am ok if it takes two months or two years to lose the 10 pounds. Also, if I find my body wants to stay around 160, I am ok with that. So your smart to take time to see how things go the next few months.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question:

It went so so. I started off with a bang getting to the pool. Life happened and I haven’t been there since Friday. I had my first big binge in along while but I think that was kind of good as it made me realize that i still have to be aware of my triggers. As for rethinking my goals, I reduced my daily walk goal.

NSV: When we were grocery shopping on Saturday we had a cashier that we haven’t had in a long time. She couldn’t believe how much weight I lost. It felt good.
  • prodigal6766
    Options
    What is NSV?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,540
    Rings: ✔️
    Walk: 2/3
    Swim: 0/2

Yesterday ended up being a write off. I can’t believe I missed my step goal by 210. I have my injections today but I have absolutely no idea what time. I couldn’t get through yesterday so I will call once they open at 9. I will then plan my day around the appointment.

I hope you have a great day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited January 9
    Options
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?

@prodigal6766 Non-scale victory (NSV)
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Question:

I can definitely see that I really need to tighten up the nutrition. I did well with exercise but my nutrition wasn't so hot. I am not setting a weight goal this time. I am setting a fit in my clothes goal instead. I am also setting a moving goal. I need to keep the inflammation level down so I need to increase my movement. I don't think I have any nsv that I can think of.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!

Recap: Additional 5 minutes to treadmill and 12 kettle swings today! Not sure if I'm going to make my noon fasting cutoff. I'm hungry already .... leaning towards a protein shake this morning.

- THOUGHTS: You've got to dance like there's nobody watching! This gives me a visual that makes me smile!!

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    1/7 5,747
    1/8 10,757
    1/9
    1/10
    1/11
    1/12
    1/13

@ilive2walk ~ I agree that's it tough to hit the 3 macros AND calorie goal. I need to get more protein without increasing carbs. That's awesome that you are 25 miles ahead!

I joined the 2024 miles in 2024. I doubt if I make it but I follow the theory that you need to have a BUAG (BIg Ugly Audacious Goal)...so that's mine!

@lindamtuck2018 ~
    If you get me real mad though I swear like a drunken sailor
    That's me as well. 🤣 ..or startle me! It's not pretty!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,940 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?

Non Scale Victories
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,940 Member
    edited January 9
    Options
    p2klup21husm.jpg

2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for January Week 1... Please have your steps in by this evening 1/9/24. If I do not have them by then I will have no choice but to zero them out ...Thanks for understanding

@Mama530 12/31 - 1/6
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,516 Member
    Options
    @itladyee I count all steps towards my 2,024 goal. When I started in January 2023, I started with about 3 miles of steps a day - as I progressed through the year it kind of became an obsession - and I met my 2,023 goal in November. From a look at your steps - you are well above where I was last year - you can do it!
  • laquita606
    laquita606 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    pw:236.8
    cw:237

steps:

12/31-0
    1/6- 1756
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Last weigh in 87.5