Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,851 Member
    Options
    Your pancakes sound like dessert crepes?

Pancakes here are generally breakfast - thick & sturdy and covered with maple syrup and butter. Not exactly diet fare!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Mine are made in a french crepe pan which is well-seasoned so I don't use any oil...they are paper thin, almost lace-like at the edges, and served simply with freshly squeezed lemon juice and a sprinkle of sugar. Hence why even MIL, who has the appetite of a sparrow, can usually manage at least 4.

I could eat platefuls of them, but I never have more than one...
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    Good plan, Bella. You have your day in order!
    I'm being taken out for "Breakfast" - aka pancakes - but a bit later, after I bring the pup to the lake for a walk. Havent decided yet - pancakes or crepes - but I will wrangle the rest of the day into maintenance levels.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Good job planning Bella. Those pancakes sound amazing and wish I could join you.

Right now I am just trying to make it day by day. My pain and fatigue levels have shot up for some reason so right now I am not using the bike or cooking well like I should. I'm just in survival mode this week. I can not wait to see the Neuro and hopefully just get a diagnosis. For some reason, even though I am pretty sure I have long Covid chronic fatigue, I just need someone to TELL me that I do. Makes it more real... even though I can feel it every single day.

Had a bowl of cereal for breakfast because that is all the time I have today. Work is crazy atm. This is just a quick break between tasks so I don't go too insane trying to get it all done.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    Kodiak makes some high protein pancake mix. Bella's sound like crepes for sure!

Back in the day, the thinnest pancake like thingy I ever made was with chickpea/garbanzo/besan/gram flour I believe. Was trying for wraps!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    The day went to plan - coming in just a squeak under 1500 calories (1491) after including 1 small (150ml) glass of red wine and 1 lemon/sugar crepe. I weighed and measured all the ingredients for the pancakes and they worked out at 86 calories per crepe, so not too bad at all!

Kim had 10, MIL had 6, the doggies shared 4 and I had 1...
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Not sure how you swung it... but well done: BLACKJACK!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I do hope you get a diagnosis soon Athijade. Sometimes just putting a name to it is a big relief.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    We've had some worries recently about Kim's right arm, which has a huge very lumpy fistula that was formed over 25 ago...lately he's been having occasional pins and needles in his fingers and the hand is sometimes red and puffy first thing in the morning. His vascular consultant sent him for a scan in case there's an aneurysm and the fistula needs to be tied off or the vein completely removed from his arm (a huge operation, not to be taken lightly!). Well, thank heavens, the scan revealed no aneurym, so no intervention is necessary as long as he can tolerate the occasional discomfort. Whoop whoop. Now we just have Monday's routine annual check-up ultrasound scan on his left arm (the one which has had repeated aneuryms in the past) to get through! He's not experiencing any problems with that hand, so fingers crossed all will be well! 🤞🤞🤞

We went out for lunch to celebrate, so I had a pint of cider and 2 small slices of sourdough bruschetta topped with feta, olives and cherry tomatoes, and we shared a small portion of french fries (of which the dog had the lion's share). I had a very light breakfast and I'm having homemade vegetable soup for dinner, so I should still squeak in under 1500 calories. And I walked for 2 solid hours this morning...
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Good news.... except for the dog gone fries 😝
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Geez, Bella. What a week. Hope puppy recovers well...and hubby's heart settles. Great work on keeping within your calorie budget.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yooly :) Where are you? Have I missed a post telling us you are off on vacation????
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Bella wtf?🤬

Glad it seems to have planned out ok but geez slow down there lady!

Glad you seem to be ok though.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    @Yoolypr ?????
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    @Yoolypr ?????

Still here. Just unhappy with myself and lack of progress. 🥺. I’ll get over it but right now I want to pull the covers over my head and take a nap.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hugs to you, Yooly. Bring your phone under the covers with you <3 and we can have a little party to raise your spirits and bolster your will.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Oh? And what we are supposed to progress every single day no matter what? Are you still here? Are you still trying? Hmmmm?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Oh? And what we are supposed to progress every single day no matter what? Are you still here? Are you still trying? Hmmmm?

Maybe just a little progress? Sometimes I just need to whine from frustration.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the gym today. I need to start resistance training to maintain my muscle mass,or at least prevent as much loss as feasible. Plan to start with machines but eventually move to free weights.