Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    Tuning into the happiness and joy of others can help us cultivate happiness and joy in ourself. Next time you notice beauty, lightness or joy in someone, see if you can feel the reflection of their happiness and let it affect your own experience. This can sometimes be difficult, especially if we feel jealousy or resentment, so if those feelings come up, just think "That's interesting" and try to tune in to happiness all the same. And as a bonus, tell someone who is lit up with happiness how lovely it is to see them so joyful.

vt3jj7bbow0v.jpg
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Zaxa2021 wrote: »
    Can I be excused from weigh in this week? I'm sick with covid

Get better soon gf.
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Happy Thursday.
    @Pupowl thanks for the welcome back :), love the images you shared and way to go on all the things you got done!

My morning is going great so far. Woke up early, drank my lemon water, hopped on the treadmill and walked while I read my study material 💪 and had a hearty healthy breakfast.

Feeling good, hope everyone else is having a great day.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    kcpond

Thursday Weigh In
    PW: 238.0
    CW: 237.4
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Wed(Wk1; Day 4)
    • Track / Under / 20min Exercise?
      Yes / No / Yes
    • NetCalories: 1886
    • NetCarbs: 29
    • Steps: 8508
    Tue(Wk1; Day 3)
    • Track / Under / 20min Exercise?
      Yes / No / Yes
    • NetCalories: 1630
    • NetCarbs: 66
    • Steps: 10191
    As of Day 4:
    • Net Calories (6850 / 10500)
      ✔️❌❌❌🔘🔘🔘
      = Daily Avg: 1712 (Goal: 1500)
    • Net Carbs (148 / 350)
      ✔️✔️❌✔️🔘🔘🔘
      = Daily Avg: 37 (Goal: 50)
    • Steps (43699 / 70000)
      ✔️✔️✔️❌🔘🔘🔘
      = Daily Avg: 10924 (Goal: 10000)
    • MUAC: 1 / 7 Days
      ✔️❌❌❌🔘🔘🔘
    Wed: Another day another dollar!🫤 No change in the scale today. Did have a lot of keto “products” yesterday, which I’ve been trying to limit to once a day. A Hungry-ghost lingered around my stomach all day but I do believe he doubled as a Tired-ghost.. neither were Friendly .. lol ***MUST get good sleep to reach my goals.

Tue: I had a hard time going to sleep last night. So I let myself sleep an extra 45 minutes. With my line of work I really do need 7 hours or more of sleep in order to be productive. Didn’t quite get there, so hopefully that doesn’t disturb my momentum..
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Yukie_OP wrote: »
    Hi all. Happy Thursday.
    @Pupowl thanks for the welcome back :), love the images you shared and way to go on all the things you got done!

My morning is going great so far. Woke up early, drank my lemon water, hopped on the treadmill and walked while I read my study material 💪 and had a hearty healthy breakfast.

Feeling good, hope everyone else is having a great day.

@Yukie_OP Welcome back!!! How've you been?!! Please catch us up on all things Yukie-ish!! :smile:
    Jessica
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose -- I did support team and just hung in and read the posts (when I could - sometimes there are a lot!) I love this group and the people and enjoy your posts so hope you'll be around. :star::+1:
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    q4impyct45za.jpg
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Friday weigh-in
    PW: 123.4
    CW: 122.8
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Fridays
    Prev weight-184.6
    Current weight-187

I was 187 yesterday with clothes on, so it's definetly temporary. I have been working out most days, still working on my eating habits
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    @pupowl, beautiful photos as always. Looks like you caught that one bird midflight!

I've been struggling lately with my diet, as well as losing a little enthusiasm for my exercise. I'm committing to some more disciplined eating/exercising. But since it's Friday, the day I've traditionally given myself a reward for achieving my goal, I decided to kick off my new commitment with this reward:

I made a Dutch baby pancake this morning. I had not heard of such a thing until I came across the name in another thread months ago. I thought it was a rather peculiar name. I did some research and learned (taking the internet at it's word here!) that the name was coined by an American restauranteur who was making a baby version of a German (i.e. Deutsch) pancake. So it really should be called a baby Deutsch pancake, not a Dutch baby pancake!

Anyway, I've made one maybe a dozen times now, and they're quite good. But this morning, I whipped the egg whites separately, and the result was fantastic!

It's fairly simple to make: 2 eggs, ¼ cup milk, ¼ cup flour (I used a bit less). I added some cinnamon and vanilla to mine. Put a large dab of butter in a small iron pan, preheat the pan in a 425℉ oven, then add the batter. Bake for ~15 minutes. I topped mine with some crushed blueberries mixed with some pomegranate jelly my niece gave me for Christmas. It was the best one I've had yet!

Now, time to report my weight today (bad news!), and then aim to do better by next Friday (or no reward!).

This discussion has been closed.