LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW: 164.6
    CW: 163.2
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,094 Member
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters! I could not resist a late addition. When someone asks to be on a team, they get it! Please welcome @Tomsgal1985 - thanks!
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check-in
    I had a smooth morning (as planned- I wrote it out the prior night). Did my early wake time, lemon water, treadmill walk while studying, healthy & hearty warm breakfast. So far a great start.

Challenge: my hips are always problematic (stiff/achy), I'm incorporating mobility stretches after my treadmill walk, so I'm sure that should help, but these stretches often feel monotonous (boring).

@Pupowl - I absolutely love that you share those daily cards. They have such positive messages & insights.
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW: 132.4
    CW: 132.2

Happy for the small loss, but honestly, I haven't been putting in any work. I am going through a major slump right now. I need to get back to the gym and start tracking my food again.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    3h4mwpy3kqx3.jpg
    jugar wrote: »
    Hello Shape Shifters! I could not resist a late addition. When someone asks to be on a team, they get it! Please welcome @Tomsgal1985 - thanks!

WELCOME @Tomsgal1985 TO OUR TEAM!! Glad you found us! Take a few minutes, settle in and introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your goals for March and beyond. Also, I recommend you going back to pg 1 and reading our FAQ file which will answer many of your questions. If anything is not covered, just post in the chat and several will likely chime in to help. I hope you find out little family helpful and supportive to you. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to get you moving!!

On behalf of our team, our other captain @pupowl and our two motivators @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85, LET'S DO THIS!!!

Good luck this month!
    Jessica
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,926 Member
    edited March 13
    Options
    j86dq05cljaq.gif
    @Tomsgal1985 yay!! Susan!
    You’re going to love this group!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 My steps
    3/10 14,236
    3/11 15,707
    3/12 18,217
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I had a lovely day today as my youngest son kindly took me out for lunch.A delayed Mother's Day treat.We went to an Italian restaurant & shared a starter & a pizza.I tried to resist a desert but ended up having a sticky toffee pudding.I was so stuffed I didn't have an evening meal so hopefully I didn't go too much over my calories.
    @CasandraW I'm sorry you've had such bad news especially as you weren't expecting it after a routine test.I hope you get seen soon & get advice about treatment.Cancer is such a scary word & I can understand that you may not want to worry your kids until you know what you're dealing with.I hope you're able to feel positive & get the support you need.You know we're hear for you 🩷
    And I keep forgetting to say welcome back to @Yukie_OP & welcome to all new members that have joined us recently.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,602 Member
    Options
    The daily card:
    4q7y16spdv0u.jpg
  • FWSWCindy
    FWSWCindy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    FWSWCindy
    March Week 2 Step Goal: 10,000 a day average for the week
    Sunday – 6,750
    Monday – 10,734
    Tuesday – 10,684
    Wednesday – 11,101
    Thursday –
    Friday –
    Saturday –
    Weekly total =
    Weekly 2 Daily average =
    March Daily Average = 10,578

• FWSWCindy
    FWSWCindy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Name: FWSWCindy
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 194.4
    CW: 194.7
    LTD: 35.3
    SW: 230
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ShapeShifters!
    Does anybody have any recommendations for back stretches or back strength training videos etc? I have had a sore back for days now. It is spazzing up and painful. I have tried stretching my back, Voltaren cream, and soaking in a hot tub. All that helps but then the next day it starts with a cool trickle sensation on the one side of my back then it starts spazzing and aching. It's not pleasant at all. I have been to a chiropractor recently (last month) so I don't believe my back is out. Thanx for any help

Steps: Mar 12= 9756
    Mar 13= 9550
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    @JenHul -- Sounds like a pinched nerve or something, ouch. Yoga with Adriene has a lot of back focused stretch videos. Also on Youtube I enjoy videos from HasFit and one of my favorites because he's funny and keeps me company, Sean Vigue.

I hope it's better soon - back problems are no fun. I have a few issues with mine for sure.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @JenHul My advise is to be very gentle if it's still spazzing. 8hh8t4w1kw29.png
    This is a basic stretch that I did with my personal trainer when my back was causing me trouble. I know it says for sciatic, but it works for anything going up or down one side of the back
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Steps
    3/13 3,596
    Well i went to see both my GP and got a late afternoon appt. for the ortho clinic
    Took x-rays on my right knee - no cartilage left- bone rubbing on bone & arthritis really kicked in and caused the swelling- eventually I'll need a knee replacement, but in the meantime I was given a steroid shot - swelling went down a little bit so at least I can bend it more
    I’m sorry to hear about your knee,
    I’m glad it’s a bit better though. My parents both get steroid shots in their knees. They normally notice the most improvement after a week.

This discussion has been closed.