Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,853 Member
    edited March 31
    Options
    Yes - mix it all together. Spray the muffin tin well. Divide equally into 12 muffins. Bake at 350-375F for about 20-30 minutes. The serving size is 2 muffins. I don’t add the cheese.

Google stuffing muffins. The varieties are endless.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    Oh my Easter Bunny - this thread is going crazy :) But I have 14 coming for mid afternoon meal - so cannot read it all until this evening :)<3
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    What will you feed that hoard of people? You must have been high on chocolate Laurie!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    twas wonderful! Cheese and spinach strudel (think spanapokita with a different pastry :) Roasted beets with balsamic, ginger and lemon (that was amazing - first time combining these flavours and it worked really well), roasted sweet potatoes with garam masala, roasted regular potatos with olive oil, and fresh garlic, rosemary and basil, a coleslaw type salad, two fancy breads, old cheddar and brie cheese, hummus, watermelon, strawberries, grapes, carrot cake (amazing cake baked by my neighbour) ANOTHER lemon birthday cake with blueberries!!!!!! baked by my wonderful friend who cooked for me post shoulder surgery ... and I think that was it, Yooly :) It was possible to eat reasonably ... but challenging :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,652 Member
    Options
    Of all the days NOT to be reasonable :blush: Sounds AWESOME!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    And you didn’t invite us! It all sounds yummy 😋
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I didn't want to mention the lack of invite given that I have been promised cake for next year... but I WAS thinking that something was missing there! :astonished:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    All invited for a Newfoundland feast (Jig's Dinner with lemon blueberry cake 🙂) - if that guest house materializes!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🎉🎉🎉
  • lauriekallis
    edited April 3
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Farmstead Fusion Casserole!
    In the heart of your cozy kitchen, you too can embark on this culinary quest just like I did this morning!

A quest for flavor, for comfort, for that elusive umami whisper that beckons from the depths of your soul!

With a flourish, you too can reach out for a humble glass-lock container: its clear walls a ready canvas for our joint culinary dream!

The Stove-Top Sonata
    Summon the spirits of ancient grains—stove-top stuffing, they call it. With a dash of water and a pat of butter, you too can conjure forth a symphony of carb-laden nostalgia. The stuffing cradles your hopes, like a warm hug from Grandma after a long day of dragon-slaying!

The Riced Veggie Ballet
    Next, the riced perfection: humble cauliflower, verdant broccoli, and yellow and orange sunsets captured in the root form of yellow and orange carrots.

Guardians of antioxidants, defenders of fiber, their frozen forms thawed in a furnace of contained lightning, revealing in the embers delicate rice-shaped embraces of sun-kissed fields. Oh, how they twirl and twist, each bite promising both virtue and vitamins, as if the veggie gods themselves have bestowed their blessings to our venture!

The Gravy Overture
    And now, the pièce de résistance—the gravy! From a mysterious dry mix, you too can coax forth a velvety elixir. Cascade it over the entire composition, a golden river of 104.3 Calories of savory indulgence.

Your glass-lock container can now sigh with satisfaction, its glassy sides fogging with the anticipation of your first bite!

At "only" 815.57 Cal you too can conjure this "masterpiece" ”from scratch😵‍💫": bag of riced veggies, box of stove-top stuffing, 11g of butter, and a pouch of gravy! And don't forget the 500g of awesomely boiling water!

kyn1x831k4o4.png
    Go forth my MFP friends and enjoy!

*poetry suggestions by ChatGPT; seriously heavy editing required.

Loving this SOOOO much 💚💚💚
  • lauriekallis
    edited April 3
    Options
    I have such fond memories of Uncle Ben's Harvest Vegetable Stuff' N' Such!

Now there are no vegetarian options in the major brands stuffing mixes - in Canada. ☹️
  • PAV8888
    edited April 3
    Options
    Could make your own? :wink: Today is liquid sunlight captured in verdant baby peas and riced cauli/bro/car --- so one 750 and one 500g bag... thinking for splitting btw today and tomorrow as 1262g of veggies may be a bit... excessive for one day?
  • PAV8888
    edited April 4
    Options
    So this may be a bit towards Laurie's neck of the woods, and probably towards the higher Cal per volume of food for the veggies and legumes range!

I had the 756g of baby green peas from the PC bag already pre-nuked from this morning and put back into the fridge for ready eating...and I really didn't feel like messing around with ALL THE WORK!!! involved into opening a ready made MTR indian food pouch and carefully ladling the contents over the peas and then nuking everything.... SOOOOO MUCH work..... <cough cough>, so I said.... I know what to do! :wink:

I opened a bag of kirkland signature peanuts (oil roasted, salted, advertised as 45g) and emptied all 49.1g into approximately 50% of my peas! And I am happily spooning my "pea and peanut salad"!!!!
  • lauriekallis
    edited April 4
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Could make your own? :wink:

🙀

NOT the same!!!!!!!!!! NO symphony conjuring without the box of ancient grain spirits!

Unless of course it involves bourbon!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    😂
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    🫛 + 🥜 !!!!!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 4
    Options
    I sense some lack of support for my fire roasted peanuts on a bed of pois verts caviar!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Peas and peanuts - 490begvhdmvh.jpeg
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Made a piece of salmon along with a baked sweet potato and a side of avocado last night. Came out pretty good. Happy I am finally able to start eating some "normal" meals.

Tonight I am making some baked pasta.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 4
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Peas and peanuts - 490begvhdmvh.jpeg

They were BEAUTIFUL!!! Like fur real! :blush:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    today's creation.... the left-over veggies (riced mix + baby peas that are so cute it ain't even funny) smothered in palak paneer pouch (about 325 Cal per pouch)... with bread stolen from the poor canine! <-- her bread was softer and fluffier than mine--I draw the line there Missy--we "traded" and she got my stuff toasted! :blush: Not "advertised" as a potentially great day due to sleep deficiency :disappointed: we shall see!