Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    Buy a real life potato. Weigh it. Season to taste. Cook. Problem solved.

An Instapot might work for you because it cooks fast. No weird preservatives or added salt is a bonus.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Also I’m beginning to question your true bargain hunting creds PAV. An entire bag of actual potatoes surely costs less than the frozen packaged microwave thingy.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,595 Member
    Options
    pfft.... that one was NOT frozen :lol:
    It was a pathetic "save on the water to wash the pot" attempt! :wink:

Hey: I am NOT claiming street cred for ACTUAL bargains... just RELATIVE bargains regarding a particular item.... could still be a terrible bargain overall... sort of like finding a "bargain" on a last minute plane ticket... sure, I may have managed to save 33% over the full price I might have had to pay without bargain hunting... but I still paid 200% more than buying the ticket a month in advance! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    edited September 2022
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Hey: I am NOT claiming street cred for ACTUAL bargains... just RELATIVE bargains regarding a particular item.... :
    Is that like “alternative facts” ?
  • Yoolypr
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Alexandra turns out the best, most crafted premade meals. Like every day for everyone in her home. 🤩

Sounds like your dog is a good learner. I must confess I’m not a dog person. Never had one nor particularly wanted one. Had cats as a young child, lived on a farm for a while but just don’t relate to pets much. Luckily I do like people or I’d be a true misogynist.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    Glad it is going on well with the pup, Alexandra! My GodDog is doing well too. I still have both arms - for awhile I wasn't sure that would be the case. I'm going to miss The Moose when his dad comes home. We have another 4-5 weeks though...so I'm okay for a bit.

Supper tonight I think is a salad. I'm splitting a dish/portion of the Leftover hash I made yesterday for Breakfast and lunch (NO clementines in the house this morning!!!). Sort of a weird eating day :)
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Roasted lemon sauce ram (the ram comes from my uncle in the village) and potatoes today.

1DNM5MJ.jpg

nUB0oLc.jpg

I don't have the chance to cook/eat this often (about 3-4 times a year), but I always look forward when it's the time for it. Delicious!~

• Yoolypr
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Geez - that is one beautiful meal! How lucky you are to have fresh local food available. Makes all the difference in taste and satisfaction.

I need to stop taking the easy route with canned soups or cereal and yogurt meals. It’s the lazy way and doesn’t make me happy anyway.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    It does look beautiful, Dante!

I would pass on the ram - but the lemon sauce looks amazing - and is that grated cheese on top?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Okay - I cooked sort of…. Quarter of a small frozen thin crust garlic chicken Alfredo pizza made in the oven! With a salad. And a half cup of caramel popcorn bought from the Boy Scouts (good deed!). Under 500 calories but seriously not grown up food.

Why does this sound like a PAV meal?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    It does a bit...except really it is a bit toooooo normal and it didn't involve a microwave. Get with it Yooly!
  • lauriekallis
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I finished off my "Leftover Hash" for lunch - and it is salad for supper with hummus and some mozzarella to go with the bunnies. Really hankering for "something" this afternoon - managed to put that away with 3 cups of Jello fat free dulce de leche. The third one with a good dollop (60g) of Greek yogurt in it - a la PAV - and 6 g of chopped walnuts. Woohoo! A potential binge sidetracked.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,595 Member
    Options
    👍 👍 👍 and 😝 😛 and you two can figure out which one for who and what!!! 😹
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Tonight was Migas, which is a Mexican scramble involving sausage and veggies and salsa. I put the chips on the side because that way no one eats too many, and it was good enough that we are keeping it on the menu. It's also convenient that it is a 5 minute meal if the ingredients are prepped, and that's useful on a Monday where I might need to drive him in and pick him up right when I should be home cooking.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    My brain hurts trying to figure anything out, PAV :)

That sound delicious, Alexandra. I could do that with some of the Mediterranean Harissa Veggie Sausages I have such a soft spot for. I might skip the chips - because there is only me in the house and I'll eat all those chips in no time :)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Salad, linguine and sauce for dinner followed by a Yasso yogurt bar…..I had planned on using zucchini instead of real pasta but my grandaughter screwed up my timing by having to do something after school while I fumed in the car for 45 minutes….
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Bbq chicken tenders, mexi corn, and baked beans….yum yum
  • Yoolypr
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Got a bit crazy this morning (6:30am) and made a batch of low fat crepes. These are savory not sweet. Some for a stuffed manicotti dish. Some into the freezer. A few will be an experiment with ham, Swiss cheese and a bit of pineapple filling.
    It’s going to be 100+ today so I had to get going early!