Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    I think Athijades meal sounded delish. So happy you’re able to eat real food again and feeling better.

PAV - if you have to be sleep deprived at least don’t be nutritionally deprived! Just makes things worse. Today’s meal sounds good except for trading bread with your dog. Did your pup object?

We had soup and some rye crisp crackers with a side salad 🥗 . Then there was a nice bowl of low fat cherry 🍒 chocolate ice cream. It was a gym day so I had some extra calories to play with.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Ended up pushing the baked pasta to tonight because I was mentally drained last night. Work this week has been CRAZY!

So the next weeks meals include the leftover pasta, meatloaf, and fish florentine.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,634 Member
    Options
    Fish florentine sounds interesting ms jade!

Day yesterday was along the lines of medium. Got too busy and also didn't get out much. Was running a bit too much of a 'deficit'... which disappeared by the time I finished with up the "enhanced palak paneer casserole.... and about 303g of pizza slices (less 32g of crust stolen by a four legged individual).

But that's about it because by the time I finished the veggies and the pizza I was too full and tired for anything else anyway. And the day was even steven.

Haven't come up with ideas for today yet! And have big party in the works for tomorrow... so we shall see!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Why does Athijade have all the tasty foods. Same old salad for me. Lunch was hearty though. Salmon, potatoes, green beans.

Get your party shoes on PAV! Is it a social food party or more business with food thrown in?
  • PAV8888
    edited April 6
    Options
    Long story... but chances of after the fact over-eating are both extreme and expected TBH. Only question is subsequent containment past that.
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi again all!
    Supper tonight was chilli prawns with lemon, ginger & garlic, with red, yellow & orange peppers with pak choy & courgetti….spaghetti would have been better …but triggers the ole blood sugars 😔
    Made some low keto bread using new ingredients to me - psyllium husks & oat fibre ….. sandwich for lunch. Was not bread.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    But sounds like awesomely interesting experiment that I would probably enjoy trying!
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    I am sure you would Pav & make a better or from what I remember, a “different” job of it 😂
    Try’s my to make an alternative to a pastry base for some eggs today! Considerations I.e what veg is left in fridge so far are French beans, broad beans or broccoli… Already know it will not be a quiche!
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    ^^ Try’s my - meant to be trying!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You like living dangerously @Dante_80
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    So happy to hear from you Dante! It’s been wayyyyy too long. If that is Lent with your family I am seriously jealous. Lovely meal. And the strawberries 🍓 were beautiful - I’ll have to try mine with Grand Marnier.

Creamtea - have you tried making crustless quiche? Not the same but filling and good. I regularly make a cottage cheese, egg, spinach and cheese pie without crusts. It’s quite versatile. Son makes his with broccoli. 🥦 For me, it comes down to eating minimal portions of regular recipes or adapting to make something that gives me more food.
  • Creamtea42
    Options
    Good morming!
    Hope weekend was good for everyone!
    Hi @Dante_80 ,….What a gorgeous looking meal! Fancy those strawberries very much …hic🍓+ 🥃 😬
    Hi Yooly - the “quiche” turned out to be tasty even with french beans as base! Made it with ricotta, cheddar, shelled broad beans, spinach and fresh tarragon…
    But I do miss a good pastry…. & other carby foods…but like you suggest, compromises to make! I know this to be my own fault, if I had responded to the earlier warnings & made more efforts to lose some weight earlier etc, I would not currently be this T2….by the looks of it!
    Re having less of the quiche pastry etc … not sure I am brave enough for that yet - maybe if I can get this HbA1c to “ normal”, I’ll be able to have a rethink of my mindset then 🙄🤞

Tonight “what’s for supper” is a replica of a Taiwanese dish - Beef Noodle Soup….. I was on holiday there a month before the quake to see my youngest, who is out there studying Mandarin.
    Fell in love with this dish.. having courgetti instead of the rice noodles though, but I know we are in for a treat! Meat already in slow cooker, with lovely, spicy aromas filling the kitchen!

Is my vBF’s birthday today & making her a fruit cake - a normal flour, fruit & sugar one ….found recipe for a low carb one, using almond & coconut flour and “alternative” sugars, so going to bake one for OH as a treat & maybe try a sliver! Living life in the fast lane or what 🤣
  • Athijade
    Options
    I ended up making cheeseburgers this weekend instead of meatloaf because that is what I was craving. Plus, I had meatloaf the week before my surgery but had not done burgers in awhile.

Tonight I am FINALLY going to make the pasta bake. That will cover the next few days. Then will make the fish florentine which I will serve with bowtie pasta.

Gonna start working on meal plans for the next few weeks.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 8
    Options
    Planners!!!!🤣🤣🤣
    I planned my coffee ☕!!!!🤷‍♂️
    Could use some soup
  • Creamtea42
    edited April 8
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Planners!!!!🤣🤣🤣
    I planned my coffee ☕!!!!🤷‍♂️
    Could use some soup

Could wing a portion to you ….not sure what state it would be in or when, if would arrive…can tell you it was delish and resembled the real thing!

Hi @Athijade! CheeseBurgers…low carb …..supper idea for later in the week… salivating. Ta for that 🤗

• PAV8888
    Options
    Could have benefited I think!

Logged thousands of calories of cheese, fruit, and pickles yesterday!

And today... I decided I needed "different" fats... so far: more pickles and fruit and candy... and spring water sardines and <shut your ears Laurie> white bread -- cause I stole 85g of the dog's bread!!!
  • Yoolypr
    edited April 8
    Options
    Sound like my meals today PAV. Maybe a bit healthier. Trying to kill off a tub of cottage cheese from Costco because we’re going on vacation soon. So lunch was a small salad and 3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese. Dinner another 3/4 cup of cottage cheese with strawberries. 🍓 kind of inspired by Dante’s feast. Mine was way more modest 😔
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well.... I still have about 3lbs of cut up and ready to eat (less fresh today than yesterday) fruit for tomorrow in the fridge :smile: But I've eaten most of the left-over cheese and pickles... if anyone ever sends pictures my way... I'll try to show you guys what I was up to on the weekend :wink:
  • Athijade
    Options
    The pasta came out REALLY good even though I reduced the amount of cheese in it. I was even able to have a piece of garlic toast! I just cooked it for a bit less time so the crust did not get too hard/crispy. But it was still hot, buttery, and garlicy so it hit the spot!

I will be eating that for a few days for my dinners. Breakfast is still just a Carnation Instant Breakfast with Lactose free milk. Lunch is leftovers from when I made brunch on Sunday or some ham and cheese (maybe as a sandwich, depends how much chewing I want to do).