Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Yes! I'm glad you are liking your new pastor. He sounds like a good fit. Thank you! I'm glad you are having fun with the workouts. Wow, 84%, lucky! Did you have clear skies? We had a 53% view. I remember that ecipse as well! We probably looked directly at the sun back then lol. Wow, 67 years! That IS amazing!

@ninyagwa Thanks! Oh wow, both kids with strep? That's awful. What a week! I hope your kitty's UTI goes away with the meds. "Unloading"...LOL

@Katmary71 Thanks, I got you! It was a great weekend. Yeah the horror exhibit: we were expecting original artwork but this was all mass-produced in a factory art. Bummer. That's too bad about the herb farm. Epsom salts baths are miracle workers! I hope you were able to rest yesterday. I logged everything yesterday and pretracked today.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thanks for the tip about free books. I didn't know that was your favorite movie! Thank you <3 . And thanks about my painting, it was totally wild! 96% lucky you! HAHAHA I'm sorry you were let down. I did expect it to get a little dark, too (although we were only at 53%). Maybe it's just a fluke that you are up? Wow, go Sophie!!! Look at her, she's so cute. 1 yr!

@laurelfit57 Sorry about the energy struggle. Does it help to pretrack? It helps me. OMG TY!!!! <3 So cute, look at those big ears! Do you know what kind of breed she is?

@reshii_devi Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I stuck to my eating plan yesterday, which is good. My head hurts this morning, hopefully the Naproxen I took will help. I am aiming to drink 100 oz of water today: 25 oz on the way to work, 25 oz before noon, 25 oz after lunch before leaving, and 25 oz on the way home. Wish me luck! Oh, and the painting I posted yesterday sold already (I posted it on FB and had someone ask if it was for sale). Have a great day!

No Zero Days: Tracked all foods, drank enough water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 - OMG, Ty is adorable!!
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @ninyagwa I’m glad your kids had a little fun in the snow. Ugh, strep with two kids and a sick cat. You poor thing! <3 That is a great idea to try to a hammer curl! I will do that today. Thank you. :)

@Katmary71 I really like Penetrex, too. My wrist always hurts bad when I wake up. Probably the way I hold my hand when sleeping and that I hate wearing the brace. I rub a little Penetrex on it, and I swear it calms the pain down almost immediately. When you start deep diving into Castor oil, you start thinking you should just sit in a bath full of the stuff because there is nothing it can’t do. :D The Herb farm sounds fun. Too bad it wasn’t more handicap accessible, but you did managed and snagged some good basil. :D I’m not tracking my calories, but I have been very good at writing down everything I eat. Including the snacks!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Awe, Sophie-Bear is so precious!! They do grow up so fast. :) You will turn those 2s around and get that gain off. Just remember that you're not the pregnant one. :D

@laurelfit57 I am in love with Ty!! <3

@Cornanda, that shirt is perfect for Katmary!! :D

@865jessica It’s hard to regain control once our eating is out of control, but you can do it. You need to talk to your doctor and focus on your why, and then work on weight loss like a job. I’m in the same boat and trying to get there. :)

@trooworld, we did have clear skies for the eclipse. It was cool to see and feel the temperature drop. The back of my house faces a wooded area, and I could see more bugs coming out, too. I hope your head feels better, and good luck with drinking 100 oz. of water. I remember when getting you to drink 8 oz. was a struggle. :D That is awesome your painting has sold already!

Good morning! I am super happy to have lost weight. I have been trying to stick to my plan. I don’t have much today other than working out and doing a little housework. Last night, I was on TikTok and watched a video by Mel Robbins, the motivational speaker. She asked the question where can I see myself in 6 months? Time was going to move no matter what I did or didn’t do, and it was up to me to get what I wanted. It really hit me! She is doing a free 2-day training and has a workbook to help figure out what it is we want and how to get it. Here is the link if you are interested in checking it out. Make it Happen
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    edited April 9
    Options
    Congrats to @Cornanda @tammymccrady6278 and @littlebabekitty for being team winners!
    @AyaTheTyga - Nice loss this week!
    @txcritter69 - Thank you! I hope your able to keep up the great work you've been doing tacking.
    @littlebabekitty - Thank you. I like the little weight loss ticker.
    @ninyagwa - I hope the kids have a quick recovery. I remember this one time when my son was sick. I kept him home from school and gave him a lot of fluids. Then, the palms of his hands started to peel, so I took him to the doctor. I found out he had strep and because it wasn't treated properly it led to scarlet fever. I felt like such a bad mom, but we didn't have health insurance back then, so I always tried to take care of it myself. Also, those were the days when Doctors were over prescribing antibiotics.
    @Katmary71 - Thank you. You're so kind. I've been meaning to read the articles you posted on logging foods and finally got around to doing it. I've always been curious about the accuracy of some of the foods I log. I guess since I log twice, once here on MFP and again with my fitbit, I figured I was getting close enough. And it seems to have worked for me. Although, I did read a lot of good tips. Also, I listened to the Herbs videos. They were very interesting. I grow many of those herbs but didn't really know all the benefits they offer. I never thought about using herbs in my bath. I mostly use them for cooking or the pollen and insects they bring to/ keep away from my garden. Bummer...I wish the herb garden would have been more accommodating for you. Have you tried using any herbs in your bath?
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - We traveled south down by Indianapolis and seen the eclipse at 100%. It got cold, quiet, and dark but not a blackout. I've seen it before. The best part of the experience was spending time with my son. I don't drink wine but my son took me to a winery anyways. He talked me into doing a taster. I liked the blueberry one the best. I also seemed to favor dry wines. He liked the sweet ones and bought two bottles to take home.
    @gemwolf110 - My son used his eclipse glasses to get some pictures. My camera isn't as good. I'm still waiting for him to send me the ones he took.
    @askewcr - I hope you feel better soon.
    @laurelfit57 - You've got this! New day, new start!
    @reshii_devi - Congratulations on the awesome loss!
    @Cornanda - Hehehe...I love the Pot Head shirt.
    @865jessica - I hope you find a strategy that works for you. Hold in there!
    @trooworld - I like your artwork and that's so cool that your able to make some money doing something you enjoy. We had a 96% view here but my son really wanted to see it at 100% so he drove me down towards Indianapolis to see it. The traffic was crazy. We had to take back roads and even those had a line of cars, but at least it wasn't stopped traffic. Great job on drinking water. I do that too. I have 20 oz. first thing when I get up. Almost 40 oz. during my workout. and 20 oz. at each snack/meal. It help keep me from overeating. I hope the headache doesn't linger.
    @megnolia82 - <Hugs> I hope your training goes well.
    @TeresaW2024 - Congratulations on the great loss. Let's make it happen! I signed up for the email. Thank you.

It's supposed to be another beautiful day. After my workout, I plan to get outside and work on my gardening. I need to finish getting these plants seeded, to be ready to put in the ground by memorial day.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪

• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    43aceymvd5hr.jpg This is the total eclipse from my daughters yard. We went over there for the viewing and had a BBQ it was very relaxing. During the totality it got dark but like already mentioned it did not get real dark and because of the cloud coverage we were not able to see all the extras they claimed you would be able to see. It was a neat experience but I feel bad for all the people who traveled to see it. I was sad to see how businesses and land owners charged such a ridiculous amount. Hotel prices were up 2-3 times the normal rate and land owners were charging $300.00 a spot to sit and watch it. I am glad we are done with it.
    I also noticed that days before the eclipse my back was hurting and seemed to get worse as the day came closer. I really struggled The day before, Standing was very difficult. As the moon passed over the sun tightness it my back started letting up and this morning my back is even better. I hope to be back to normal soon.
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I’m glad you enjoyed the dad joke! A good pun really does it for me too.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I too was underwhelmed by the eclipse hype. Also thanks for sharing that cutie pie picture!

@laurelfit57 Sometimes acknowledging that we need grace and trying again is really the best move. And tell your dog I said Hi!

@askewcr I hope you get some relief from the cough.

@19shmoo69 I believe the correct term is a shawl, in case you go googling for it.

@865jessica I have been there with those food thoughts. Journaling, chugging water, and trying to find out which emotion I’m choosing to replace with food thoughts with has helped at times for me.

@trooworld “Unloading” felt like the best non-graphic term to use. Also congrats on another successful sale of art!

I'm sure I missed some folks, but the eclipse photos were neat, thanks for sharing. I was kind of MEH about the whole thing. My husband was cutely excited, so that was good for the kids benefit. The kids are much better, the cat not so much, but my husband is home today, and he said he'll probably take her back to the vet today if she's not showing any improvement, if he doesn't then I guess it'll be on me. She's just not herself right now, normally she is much more vocal, and she isn't jumping up on the couch or the beds to get snuggles like she normally does. I tracked all my food yesterday which I'm proud of, I was not great over the weekend at planning or tracking, but this week doing significantly better.

Here's to a good week!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 15 of 52

PW: 138.0
    CW: 137.6

Not much going on over here. My husband wanted potato pancakes, so I put together a recipe for that, he said they were yummy and asked to eat them the next day too. I track every day. I did not get in enough steps last week; I need to do better this week. Sunny today, maybe this week I can get some yard work in.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN INFO
    WEIGH IN NOW:: @AustinRuadhain @Jactop
    Reminder for Tomorrow: @Divya365
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 LOL that's funny you're expecting a werewolf to run across your lawn during the eclipse or what? I'm giggling because I was telling my family the other night I picture that cheesy 80s movie Night of the Comet whenever something where people go outside to view something in the sky (the ones that lived in the movie were the only ones inside). Wow I can't believe Sophie is walking already, that's the cutest pic too! It's just the beginning there's more right behind her watching her walk wanting to do it too!

@gemwolf110 Very cool photo!

@laurelfit57 I'm glad the brain fog is better. You got this with the logging! LOL I love that photo those ears are the best thing ever! Scritchy Scratches to Ty!

@19shmoo69 What an awesome shop, I'm glad she found something. Does SHE think she needs a throw? That sounds like a Dad comment, haha. I'm sure it would be very pretty to have a lacy wrap though.

@askewcr Oh no I hope the cough improves!

@Cornanda I like the pothead one and it's funny! Etsy has the best stuff.

@865jessica Talking to your doctor about it sounds like a good plan, ruling out anything physical is smart. Would eating a maintenance help where there's less pressure on you? Hormones can settle down from being at a deficit and it could help with being so food-focused. There's posts in the forums on here about taking short brakes for hormones to calm down in the “recomp” threads.

@trooworld Oh no that does stink, I follow an artist on Facebook who does a lot of artwork based on Stephen King novels, he's incredible and I'd imagine something more like that than mass produced stuff. That's awesome your newest painting is already sold, go Chris! Great job on logging too! I did good yesterday then had popcorn like a doofus.

@megnolia82 Hugs to you, hope the training goes well. You're still checking in here so you haven't given up, you'll get things back on track. Is there anything we can do to help?

@TeresaW2024 LOL that IS what it's like listening to YouTube videos of castor oil where it's a miracle cure. Society does that all the time, when marijuana was starting to be sold with a medical license it was a cure-all too. YES I read that saying you heard from Mel Robbins about time passing a few years ago and it hit me hard too. Putting a little effort in each day to make yourself real happy in 6 months is worth it. I signed up for it too, I'll check out the workbook later and see what I just got myself into but it sounds fun.

@Veta2018 I'm glad you enjoyed the articles and videos. I've thrown herbs in the tub then use them in different items like I made a scalp scrub with mint and basil (it ended up being messy in the shower as the herbs wouldn't go down the drain, if I did it again I'd dry them first and cut them small). I've boiled lavender flowers with rosemary and made a refresher spray for my hair for after workouts. An easy one to do is to dry the herbs first (helps avoid mold or fungus) then pour olive oil into the top of a jar and put in a dark place. Check once a week or so and add more oil if it's gone down then around 6 weeks it's ready for use. I do that mostly with rosemary for my hair and recently added the olive oil rosemary oil to castor oil to use on my legs and feet and it came out great. You could use it for food too. Oregano oil has a lot of great antibiotic and immune boosting uses. Herb oils can be added to the tub too. Enjoy the garden!

@txcritter69 Great shot from your daughter's yard, wow! Interesting there was a post in my CRPS group talking about how everyone's pain was worsening with the eclipse. I listened to a spiritual video talking about how it would be draining on humans and to get a lot of rest.

@ninyagwa Oh no I hope the cat turns a corner and is doing better soon. Great job on tracking!

@FushiaKat Better weather makes getting exercise so much easier, I hope you get some time in the yard this week.

Hi team! I went to the store earlier for salad stuff as I'm making a salad for my board meeting Thursday. My friend and her mom were there so we caught up for a bit. I had a tree company reschedule for Thursday that should've been here today so I'm trying to get a lot done to get stuff out of their way, I can't be there then so my Dad's going to come over and supervise. I got started in the yard filling my gro bags with dirt, I put a big pile of old potting mix and compost and it's going to be in the tree company's way so I'm trying to get as much as I can moved. Have a great night and awesome Wednesday, keep doing great at logging team! I snacked last night and didn't log but am back to it today.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    TUESDAY QUESTION

What are you looking forward to tomorrow?

For me I'm going to the farm in the morning to harvest radishes, I stopped yesterday to talk to the manager and hadn't been there for awhile and helped him finish the row, I'm looking forward to getting another row done tomorrow and being with everyone.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    @cornanda I love the potted shirt!

@trooworld I used to try to pretrack, for some reason I could never get onto it. Her ears have a length of their own L O L. She is a border collie/Papillion x. The ears come from her dad, the Papillion
    Wow! That's a whole lot of water!, How did you do.? Wow! Congrats to you on selling that painting!! That doesn't surprise me, your artwork is beautiful

@TeresaW2024 congrats on the loss! That workshop sounds very interesting

@micaroo4 she is a pip that's for sure🤣

@Veta2018 thanks so much for the encouragement! Sounds like you have a very busy day planned!

@ninyagwa Ty says hi back :-).

@katmary71 she appreciated the scratch you sent, she got it right behind the ear, her favourite spot!

I was able to get back on board with tracking today, it was a good day! It is 7 PM and I am ready to climb into bed, unfortunately I have to stay up until 9 o'clock so I can take my baby out for her last potty break🥴
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    edited April 10
    Options
    TUESDAY QUESTION
    What are you looking forward to tomorrow?

It's already tomorrow as I write this....
    So today, Wednesday, I'm going to work. I'm looking forward to finishing things up so that I can leave for over a week without concerns about what isn't done. It's my last day before vacation, so I'm looking forward to picking up my paycheck at the end of the day and heading to the ATM to get some cash for my trip.

@Katmary71 - I will post my weigh-in tomorrow morning before I leave.

-Mica
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @vegan4lyfe2012 LOL that's funny you're expecting a werewolf to run across your lawn during the eclipse or what? I'm giggling because I was telling my family the other night I picture that cheesy 80s movie Night of the Comet whenever something where people go outside to view something in the sky (the ones that lived in the movie were the only ones inside). Wow I can't believe Sophie is walking already, that's the cutest pic too! It's just the beginning there's more right behind her watching her walk wanting to do it too!

@gemwolf110 Very cool photo!

@laurelfit57 I'm glad the brain fog is better. You got this with the logging! LOL I love that photo those ears are the best thing ever! Scritchy Scratches to Ty!

@19shmoo69 What an awesome shop, I'm glad she found something. Does SHE think she needs a throw? That sounds like a Dad comment, haha. I'm sure it would be very pretty to have a lacy wrap though.

@askewcr Oh no I hope the cough improves!

@Cornanda I like the pothead one and it's funny! Etsy has the best stuff.

@865jessica Talking to your doctor about it sounds like a good plan, ruling out anything physical is smart. Would eating a maintenance help where there's less pressure on you? Hormones can settle down from being at a deficit and it could help with being so food-focused. There's posts in the forums on here about taking short brakes for hormones to calm down in the “recomp” threads.

@trooworld Oh no that does stink, I follow an artist on Facebook who does a lot of artwork based on Stephen King novels, he's incredible and I'd imagine something more like that than mass produced stuff. That's awesome your newest painting is already sold, go Chris! Great job on logging too! I did good yesterday then had popcorn like a doofus.

@megnolia82 Hugs to you, hope the training goes well. You're still checking in here so you haven't given up, you'll get things back on track. Is there anything we can do to help?

@TeresaW2024 LOL that IS what it's like listening to YouTube videos of castor oil where it's a miracle cure. Society does that all the time, when marijuana was starting to be sold with a medical license it was a cure-all too. YES I read that saying you heard from Mel Robbins about time passing a few years ago and it hit me hard too. Putting a little effort in each day to make yourself real happy in 6 months is worth it. I signed up for it too, I'll check out the workbook later and see what I just got myself into but it sounds fun.

@Veta2018 I'm glad you enjoyed the articles and videos. I've thrown herbs in the tub then use them in different items like I made a scalp scrub with mint and basil (it ended up being messy in the shower as the herbs wouldn't go down the drain, if I did it again I'd dry them first and cut them small). I've boiled lavender flowers with rosemary and made a refresher spray for my hair for after workouts. An easy one to do is to dry the herbs first (helps avoid mold or fungus) then pour olive oil into the top of a jar and put in a dark place. Check once a week or so and add more oil if it's gone down then around 6 weeks it's ready for use. I do that mostly with rosemary for my hair and recently added the olive oil rosemary oil to castor oil to use on my legs and feet and it came out great. You could use it for food too. Oregano oil has a lot of great antibiotic and immune boosting uses. Herb oils can be added to the tub too. Enjoy the garden!

@txcritter69 Great shot from your daughter's yard, wow! Interesting there was a post in my CRPS group talking about how everyone's pain was worsening with the eclipse. I listened to a spiritual video talking about how it would be draining on humans and to get a lot of rest.

@ninyagwa Oh no I hope the cat turns a corner and is doing better soon. Great job on tracking!

@FushiaKat Better weather makes getting exercise so much easier, I hope you get some time in the yard this week.

Hi team! I went to the store earlier for salad stuff as I'm making a salad for my board meeting Thursday. My friend and her mom were there so we caught up for a bit. I had a tree company reschedule for Thursday that should've been here today so I'm trying to get a lot done to get stuff out of their way, I can't be there then so my Dad's going to come over and supervise. I got started in the yard filling my gro bags with dirt, I put a big pile of old potting mix and compost and it's going to be in the tree company's way so I'm trying to get as much as I can moved. Have a great night and awesome Wednesday, keep doing great at logging team! I snacked last night and didn't log but am back to it today.

Got it off of google
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71- Thank you for the advice. I will check it out.
    @ninyagwa- I will give journaling a try. Definitely think I need to be more mindful of what is happening in my head.

I saw the doctor and he is double checking my A1C to see if I'm moving closer to being pre-diabetic. I told him about my food obsession and how I'm over eating to the point of being sick. He didn't offer much advice just that it takes a long time to loss weight and stick to what I did before.

I'm going to contact the NP I saw before for the weight loss/lifestyle management program to see if she restarted the program. When I was working with her I feel I was getting enough support.

I adjusted my calorie goal to 2000 instead of 1600 to take some of the pressure off and set a goal of getting in a 30 min walks three times a week.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Congrats on the loss! Interesting about the eclipse. Thank you! I drank 75 oz so I was close. I will keep working on it. Sometimes 8 oz is STILL a struggle lol. Thanks!

@Veta2018 Thanks! Wow, you got to see totality! Cool! I'm sure the driving was a hassle but that would be amazing to see. Thank you. Yes, drinking water helps me too with that. My headache went away (thankfully). I hope you got to garden.

@txcritter69 What a cool pic! Wow, that's terrible that businesses took advantage of people. I hope your back is better today.

@ninyagwa It was perfect! And thank you! I hope the vet can help get your kitty feeling better. Good job tracking!

@Katmary71 Yeah it was a real disappointment. Thank you! Well, it could have been worse: you could have had a chocolate cake or something. Sounds like you had a busy day.

@laurelfit57 Yeah it's not for everyone. What a great mix! She's beautiful. I ended up drinking 75 oz of water, so almost but not quite. Thank you! Good job tracking.

TUESDAY QUESTION: What are you looking forward to tomorrow? (the answer is for today) As I had such a terrible day yesterday, I'm not really looking forward to much as I am afraid the drama is going to stretch into today. I guess I am looking forward to seeing one of my work friends who makes me laugh.

Hi all. I had a terrible day at work yesterday. I didn't do anything wrong or get in trouble, it was some drama that happened. It ruined my day. Then, we went to bed at about 7:30 pm and were woken up by the smell of smoke at 8:30 pm. We went outside and it was very smoky out. We live right beside the canyon so it is concerning as there are homeless people that live in that canyon at times, and someone may have set it on fire. So I called the police non-emergency line and they said someone else had called too and that there was a firetruck on the way. We didn't hear what happened with that but the disruption in my sleep kept me up for a while.

No Zero Days: Tracked all foods, drank enough water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

@Veta2018 I’m glad you signed up! Mel Robbins is awesome and I’m sure we will learn something that will help us. I can’t wait to hear what you think. :)

@txcritter69 That picture of the eclipse is amazing! How interesting that your back was hurting so much before the eclipse and then got better afterward. I’m on a Facebook group for dementia caregivers, and they had a post about how many of their dementia family members were having more than usual balance issues. I didn’t notice anything unusual with Joe, but it is interesting how nature can really affect people. 🙂

@Katmary71, I’m glad you signed up for Mel’s Make it Happen course. I’m always up for some motivation to help me along the way, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. :)

@trooworld Ugh, I am sorry you had to deal with work drama and that it ruined your day. I hope everything worked out and that you have a better day. Yeah, waking up to the smell of smoke would ruin my sleep, too. Those fires in California are no joke! 😳

Good morning! Today, I’m taking Maggie to the vet. The other day, she was playing with her toy and got up with her leg looking weird. She has been walking with a bit of a limp off and on since. It might be nothing, but I need to be sure. She's my baby dog! <3 I also have a staff meeting this evening where we will review all things Easter and discuss a bunch of operational and ministry stuff that needs to be figured out. I’m praying we actually get out by 9 pm. Have a good day! :)

TUESDAY QUESTION, What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
    Today being Wednesday, I’m looking forward to seeing my great-nieces and nephews this morning. My niece is bringing the two oldest over so my sister can teach them here today instead of at their house, which is always chaotic. I get to hold the baby for at least a few minutes! :D
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @ninyagwa - I hope the cat gets better soon.
    @Katmary71 - Oh my...I think I'm addicted to Rose. I watched eight of her videos while I planted my herbs and veggies...hehehe.
    @865jessica - I think it's good that you decided to adjust your calories and continue to get some activity, while you get your eating aligned. It's important that you understand the thoughts and feelings that are influencing your eating. It's upsetting that your doctor didn't take your concern my seriously. I hope the NP is able to help. <HUGS>
    @trooworld - Oh yeah, I bet, the smoke probably got your adrenaline going. When we see stuff like that, we go investigate...hehehe. (from a distance of course) Over the weekend we were behind a car that kept going off the road. A couple of times, she almost hit a mailbox. I called local cops but I was unable to speak to a person and got some automated service. So, we continued to follow her and I called 911 and reported the impaired drivers location, color and make of car, and license plate #. They said they were sending a patrol to her location. I was afraid she could hurt herself or someone else. My husband thinks it was a elderly woman, having a hard time judging the width or edge of the road. She never crossed onto on coming traffic, just kept going off the curb side of the road. I hope you have a great day.
    @TeresaW2024 - Thank you. I thrive to learning new things and creating a healthier and better life. In the past few years, I have made many changes in my life and have seen such an improvement in my attitude and the way I feel. I'm getting to know and love myself and becoming a new me on the inside and out.

I think our water pressure tank is going bad or something. Our water pump keeps clicking off and on, when we're not even using the water. It's a shallow well, so we here a loud hum every time it kicks on. I reached in there and unplugged it over night. My husbands going to call the well company to come take a look at it. If they can't come today, he'll try to see if he can fix it.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪

• ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 339 Member
    edited April 10
    Options
    @Katmary71 I hope your dad’s project supervisor role goes well!

@laurelfit57 Good job getting your tracking in!

@micaroo4 Yay Vacation!

@865jessica Sometimes my journaling is just a line, sometimes I write until my hand is like…you’re done. So however little or small it may help, there’s also a notes section on the food diary here, so you can always take a moment after each time you eat to write how it made you feel, that’s a lot of tracking and stuff, but it’s not something I think you need to jump gung-ho into, you can always try it one day, meal or snack at a time and see if it helps.

@trooworld Sounds like a lot of discordant things happened in your day yesterday, that’s always off-putting for me too. Sometimes I have to step back from those stressful things and remind myself that I shouldn’t let other people’s poor planning and life choices effect my life, not that it always works, but at least intellectually I can make the differentiation, emotionally---that part of me does whatever she damn well pleases sometimes.

@TeresaW2024 Getting to hold a baby can definitely be a day highlight for sure! Here’s to hoping your meeting goes only as long as scheduled lol.

What am I looking forward to tomorrow (today)?
    Going to the gym later. There’s just something about sweating on the stairmaster that just shuts off my brain and the fact that I’ve worked up to 30 minutes when 10 was a struggle in the beginning just makes me feel ultra-powerful, and honestly that’s my fitness goal.

I didn’t track my evening meal yesterday, but I tracked it today. I was over yesterday due to some poor planning and “window food” as dinner. I did complete the diary though because I tried to make a “better” choice and I wanted to be sure that I was, also to make sure that eating like that wasn’t a huge calorie excess that would guarantee a gain.
    My cat seems to be on the mend, which makes me feel better. She even jumped up on the table today, which would annoy me normally, but to see her do that when she couldn’t even jump into a box on the floor Monday makes my heart happy.
    I am a Realtor and I have been showing my sister properties recently as she’s decided that since she won’t be moving cross-country in a few years when her son graduates high school, she’d like to own rather than rent. Her budget isn’t super high, and the home I took her to see last night looked promising online but was wretched in person. The first floor had lots of unfinished walls that were sheetrocked but not mudded or taped, then the second floor had cobwebs so thick and dingy that they looked like those super thick fake ones you put up at Halloween! There was one bedroom that just had cat puke and cat leavings everywhere! Then we checked out the basement, which we only ended up opening the door to, since it had at least 4 inches of standing water, which may have been the source of the stink that permeated this house! The worst part though…this home is a DAYCARE during the day!!! People leave their kids there!
    All that said, have a great day team!
This discussion has been closed.