Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @askewcr - Hope you feel better soon. Sounds so yucky! Hugs!

@ninyagwa - That is SO gross!

Lisa
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Well group I have to apologize yet again for not being around as much. It's been a struggle lately to help with my wife, kids and the house. Plus this app is messing up. My days are meshing together.

@Katmary71 it could be a Dad answer. However it is a strapless dress and finding a way for it to be more modest. My wife almost didn't let her get it. Lace would look good as a shawl/throw.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS NEEDED NOW:@AustinRuadhain @Jactop @Divya365
    Reminder for Tomorrow to the following: @askewcr @tfelts147
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @laurelfit57 I'm happy to hear it was a good day, way to go!

@micaroo4 OK sounds good, just double-checking will it be for this week or next week?

@865jessica I'm glad the doctor is checking your A1C, if your blood sugar is swinging it can definitely cause that. I hope you can get back in with the NP.

@trooworld Hugs to you, I'm sorry to hear about your bad day. Did you find out what had happened? It sucks having sleep disrupted you never end up feeling rested when you get up.

@TeresaW2024 From what I read the link is sent to us tomorrow but we can watch on our own, is that what you understood? Oh no I hope everything is okay with Maggie and it's something that will heal fast. Good luck with the meeting!

@Veta2018 Haha I'm glad you enjoyed listening to her! Rosemary Gladstar and Herbs with Rosalee https://www.youtube.com/@HerbsWithRosalee Are ones I also follow, Funny they all have similar first names. Rosemary Gladstar teaches in an herb school now but also has come out with various herb books. I have a lot of gardening favs but for herbs they're go to's for me. If you want some fun free herb recipes check out Mountain Rose Herbs, it may be in the blog area but that's where I found the scalp scrub and hair refresher recipes. Yikes I hope the well company solves the problem and it's something small.

@ninyagwa It will but my Dad tends to watch people work the whole time which would drive me crazy in their shoes so I'm hoping to get him to go home after I'm back. Love you slaying that stairmaster these days, woohoo! Oh my gosh that house sounds terrible, especially that it's a daycare I'm sure there's mold in that basement, yikes!

@askewcr Oh my goodness I'm so glad you did, I'm glad you're feeling a little better no wonder it was lingering.

@19shmoo69 Praying for you, hope you're feeling better soon.

Hi team. I went to the farm for a little this morning and was so exhausted I napped between that and my doctor's appointment. I saw a nurse practitioner (with no red strikes against her) and I liked her a lot so I'm going to stick with her, she's willing to fight for me if there's pharmacy issues. Of course when I was “kicked out” (before the doctor's office straightened it out) I filed a complaint against that pharmacist so they may not want to treat me after that comes out anyway but I'm avoiding the couple people at the pain clinic the pharmacy is not happy with. I moved everything in the yard so it's not in the way for the tree company and have to do a little straightening up but I'm super exhausted and planning to go to bed early. These charity meetings every Thursday night are getting old. Have a great Thursday!

-tracking is good today, weight isn't going down at all though but I had a big bowl of popcorn late at night two nights ago so that's not helping anything.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Hello team!

I had an amazing training yesterday. I learned to weld, which was so cool. We were exploring tech and skilled trades pathways for students in high school. One of my roles is Guidance and helping our grade 8 students plan their transition to secondary.

I had a teensy weensy success today: I didn’t snack tonight at all. I know those small choices add up, so I just need to keep at it. Basically, my feet and ankles are in constant discomfort so I reminded myself that I have the power to make myself feel better.

I walked for 90 minutes today on an indoor track while my son had football practice. I’ve been doing it twice a week for a month. Which is great, but I need to get my diet on track to make the most of my active time.

Anyway, I’m pleased to have a success today. Here’s to another day with more good choices.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,003 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - I will be away on Saturday April 13, so I'm posting my weigh-in today, a little early.

Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday (posting Thursday)
    PW: 128.4
    CW: 127.8

Still within my goal range. Center weight 130.

I will be away April 11-18. Next weigh-in is due April 20th. I'll be back.

-Mica
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: tfelts147
    Checkin: Thursday
    PW: 229.4
    CW: 227.6

-1.8 it feels good to be back here and heading in the right direction!!

Tim
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Thank you, I did have a better day! And a colleague brought in cupcakes because of how our day wetn the day before. I did have one lol. Yes, all I need is for my condo to catch fire! LOL How is Maggie today? What did you find out at the vet's? I hope she's okay, poor little girl. OH gosh, I hope your meeting didn't run too long. Did you enjoy time with your great-nieces and nephews?

@Veta2018 It totally did. We did, too! LOL My husband went out and walked around the building and into the parking lot looking for the source of the smoke but he didn't see anything. I'm sure it was a homeless person starting a fire in the canyon, as there are homeless people living in the canyon. That's good you reported that driver, you could have saved a life! Thank you, I did have a better day yesterday. :) I hope the well company can help fix your water pressure tank problem and it's not too expensive.

@ninyagwa Yes! Ugh. It was actually not my coworkers but some internet drama: my work has a Facebook page and I had made a post in our group and someone from the public posted some nasty responses and seemed like they were trying to get me in trouble. I did try to let it go and step back and say, "this is an idiot person on the internet" but I just couldn't let it go lol. I do feel better today though. What is "window food"? Fast food? I'm glad you tracked. I'm also glad your cat is feeling better. Oh gosh, that house you and your sister went to see sounds terrible! What a deception!

@askewcr Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the new meds help.

@19shmoo69 How is your wife doing? How are YOU doing? Sorry about the app problems.

@Katmary71 Thank you! The fire? No, I didn't find out. The firetruck came but that's all I know. I felt so run down yesterday from not sleeping well. I'm glad you got a nap in. That's good the NP is willing to fight for you. Hugs about the weight.

@megnolia82 That's cool you learned to weld. Small choices do add up, so congrats to you for not snacking! And great that you walked.

@tfelts147 Way to go, Tim!

Hi all. My day was better yesterday but I was so exhausted from not sleeping well that I went home early and took a nice nap. I am ready to celebrate National Library Week today: we are having a prize drawing for our students and it's always a fun day. Yesterday was really nice weather: it got up to 80F. I didn't get to enjoy it but I did walk my dogs and it was nice during that period.

No Zero Days: Tracked all foods, drank a decent amount of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    @askewcr Glad you’ve got some diagnosis and medicine for treatment. Feel better!

@19shmoo69 Sounds like you’ve got a lot going on! Hopefully you’ll find a rhythm that works for you all.

@Katmary71 I know how hard it can be when you’ve established care somewhere and some of the docs or nurses there are difficult or have the worst bedside manner! I had one practice I went to for prenatal care where a nurse practitioner made me cry, so I made sure I never met with her again.

@megnolia82 learning to weld does sound cool!

@trooworld Window Food is Fast Food. I just call it that because it feels more fun for me, and the food does come out a window. I get the internet drama thing, my real estate team has a public Facebook page and every once in a while I have to delete some internet troll’s nasty response to some of the posts, even ones where it’s just highlighting a property they have some nasty remarks.

This morning did not start off the way I wanted. My almost 6 year old is a little dictator. We were trying to get out of the house early to get my 12 year old daughter to school early, so I suggested a more travel friendly breakfast to the younger one, but she insisted on having cereal with milk, and rather than deal with her 20 minutes snotty cry fest melt down, I gave in. She started it at home, it went into Tupperware and then she finished it at school. Sometimes I’m just no good at negotiating with her, and she’s so strong willed that “putting my foot down” ends up in emotional explosions. We’ll get there, and she was happy when I left her at school. I read somewhere once (and I’m paraphrasing because the idea stuck, not the specific words) that yelling at your kids or fighting with them before school and expecting them to have a good day, or yelling before bed and expecting them to get good sleep, is not realistic. I try to keep that idea in mind when I have to discipline my kids at inopportune moments.
    I had a good food day tracking yesterday, and have been good this week. I had a good workout yesterday, but probably wont have a workout this evening. My weight has been over last week’s all week, but slowly going down, so hopefully tomorrow’s weigh-in will see a drop!
    Happy Thursday!
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @ninyagwa - I'm always surprised how people sell things. You would think, they would at least clean and make it look presentable to get the most profit. Wow, scary that the parents don't observe the smell or appearance of the place their children spend their day. I'm glad your cat is doing better. What's her name? I am looking forward to my workout too. The first 10 minutes is a struggle till my body gets warmed up then it just feels good.
    @askewcr - I'm glad your starting to feel a little better. Struggling with breathing issues can be very scary.
    @Katmary71 - Thanks, I'm currently learning about succession planting. I'm hoping it will help with not producing to many veggies all at once. I love this quote I found... “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.”-Cicero.
    @megnolia82 - You're making great progress!
    @tfelts147 - Congrats on the loss this week! Well Done!

My husband asked me to make the calls to have the water pump fixed. One company said it was too small of a job, another said they were too busy, and the other never showed. I googled it and when my husband got home from work, I helped him fix it. We drained the dirt and minerals out of a clogged tube and Woala! He's going to buy a new pressure switch($15), just to be safe and replace it tonight when he gets home. It was a beautiful day yesterday. I got a few hours of gardening time in. Although, I tried to move my bench by myself and broke the leg. :'( Today it's raining so, I'll be doing some house cleaning and reading.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪

• Divya365
    Divya365 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Username: Divya365
    Weigh-In: Wednesday
    PW: 143.6
    CW:142.8

@trooworld Congratulations on selling your artwork at the gallery and on FB !! Was the person who bought your art your neighbor? What is your favorite art style? Wow, you live beside the canyon, that must provide some good views. Happy Library Week

@Veta2018 Your weight loss journey is so inspirational. Thank you for sharing. You look awesome in the baby shower picture. I like your quote about gardening and the library. The past 2 days have been raining for us too. Glad you could get some gardening done. I have a few seeds I need to finish planting. Awesome weight loss this week !!

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on weight loss and making it on the leaderboard !! Congrats on your job. How was your first day at the job?

@txcritter69 Congrats on weight loss this week. Your picture of the eclipse is awesome !! Sorry to hear about your back. I hope you are feeling better now.

@Katmary71 Aww your nephew is so cute. You are right, he has the best smile. I find eggplants easy. They just need lots of sun. I made the mistake of placing them near tomatoes and they were shaded last year but once I moved them they grew up well. You look awesome in your picture. Epsom salt baths sound fun, I never tried it before. Good to hear that NP is fighting for you.

@TeresaW2024 Awesome weight loss this week !! I hope the vet visit went well and Maggie is doing ok. Aww how nice to meet your grand nieces and nephews.

@Cornanda Congrats on making it on the leaderboard. The plant shirt looks awesome. Hope you have a fun time with your parents.

@littlebabekitty Nice weight loss this week. I like your idea of consequences and rewards. I should start incorporating it as well.

@AyaTheTyga Nice weight loss. Eid Mubarak !!

@micaroo4 I hope Rich feels better and I hope you both have a wonderful time in Colorado.

@ninyagwa Glad to hear your cat's doing good. OMG, that house sounds horrible and people leave their kids there, unbelievable. House hunting has changed so much post-pandemic.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Aww Sophie looks so cute! Advance happy birthday Sophie !!

@laurelfit57 Ty is so cute!! Hope you get back on track

@askewcr Hope you feel better soon.

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    askewcr
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 253
    CW:249.5
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited April 11
    Options
    @trooworld – I wish it would be a fluke to be up 2#, but I know what I did and I knew better. Depression just got the better of me.
    @Veta2018 – I’m sure I’d have a different opinion if I was in 100% totality. Glad you had that time with your son, though. That makes it worth it all. Nice job fixing the pump!
    @ninyagwa – Glad I wasn’t the only one that thought the eclipse was anticlimactic hahahaha So glad your cat is doing better. And how can a daycare operate in those conditions? Seems like the state would shut them down. How awful for the babies!
    @Katmary71 – Holy smack! A werewolf would’ve been epic! I actually have a story about a big wolf. It was about 20 years ago. I was a smoker back then and didn’t smoke anywhere in the house except when I’d stand at my bedroom window and stick my head out (it was the kind I could open from the top and the screen was only at the bottom half). So there I am, almost midnight, moon almost full, everything around glistening with snow. I’m puffing away. And then a huge animal came running past my window, headed for the woods nearby! We have coyotes around my area, but it was way bigger. I’ll go to my grave telling everyone that it was a wolf! (And one was actually killed here in April when a hunter mistook it for a coyote, so they may very well be in my area.)
    @865jessica – I hope the NP restarted the program. Smart of you to realize you need more support than what you have now.
    @trooworld – Hope you’re having a drama-free day today!
    @TeresaW2024 – I hope Maggie is doing better.
    @askewcr – I hope the medicine clears you up quickly.
    @19shmoo69 – I hope things calm down for you and your family soon.
    @megnolia82 – Nice job on making good small choices! They really do add up!
    @tfelts147 – Woot Woot! Nice loss!
    @Divya365 – Awww Leo looks so handsome!

Dreary, rainy day here in SW Michigan. Supposed to rain for the next 4 days or so and there’s a flood warning for the St. Joseph River by where Hunter lives. And, of course, I need groceries. All out of my salad fixings. Ugh. I’m exhausted. I feel like I have 2 full time jobs since I pick up Oliver right after work and keep him until Syd gets off work around 10pm. He’s such a sweetie, but this is quite the reminder as to why most 50 year old women don’t have babies LOLs. I’m going to do a little meal planning and I’m thinking I’ll do grocery pick up so I don’t have to get him out in this rain. I hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    dft5v1oxbimp.png

Next Week's Group Challenge will be a Partner Walking Challenge, so please find your partner and send me: Your Team's name and the Two Walker's names. Please tag me @jessicakrall8 !

Challenge starts Sunday, Apr 14th! Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jessica
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Jactop
    Weigh in: Monday
    PW: 204.4
    CW: 204.4
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question

What is your favorite line or line you quote a lot from any movie?

Wait where was I? Oh playing songs on my guitar.
    That Thing You Do
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH-IN INFO
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW: @AustinRuadhain
    Reminder for Tomorrow to the following: @Cornanda @davors19 @trooworld @buniphuphu @ninyagwa

I'm headed to a dinner/board meeting in a few and will try to come on later to catch up depending on how late it is. The tree company just left and I'm wishing I had time for a nap. Have a great night and Friday!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite line or line you quote a lot from any movie?

Most quoted:
    Lauren: You like fruit punch, too, Keith?
    Keith: Yeah, I do like fruit punch.

Hunter or I will say the first line and the other will say the second. It's from a Christian movie called Unidentified from 2006. It's one of those comfort movies that has been on repeat in my household so often that I have two copies of it and I also bought Hunter her own copy when she moved out. We've probably watched it at least 300 times.
This discussion has been closed.