Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW:@megnolia82 @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012
    Tomorrow Reminder for the following: @AmbersWay @AustinRuadhain @Jactop @reshii_devi
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Woohoo that's great congratulations on selling the Prince one! That's awesome it's a great piece! The orchid festival WAS real cool it's amazing all the different types of beautiful orchids. I was frustrated as the goals in different areas were if you were depleted or energized in that category, so the thinking is if you just put more energy into it you can make a difference. I can't put more energy into some stuff if my legs give out or I'm in too much pain to concentrate so it's frustrating as I only have so much control over it. I DID decide to put my focus on an advanced great writing class and on getting back in the holistic clinic, I'm not feeling a huge difference but don't see any options medically right now. I hope you're able to keep some goulash for yourself after cooking it that long. Hope the lesson and art go well!

@txcritter69 Sanding the cabinet sounds like a tough workout, wtg! It's crazy how dirty they get I need to spend some time on mine soon too.

@TeresaW2024 It's okay I didn't mean to sound real upset. Very true that graphic doesn't apply to everything. Thank you for the compliment I think you're making the best out of a very difficult situation as well and I admire that about YOU. Wow 95th birthday I can't even imagine! Nice that's a fun time to come across those jeans when you can wear them soon after.

@sleepygirl79 Hugs to you, if you're eating a lot of sodium or simple carbs it's easier to jump up more with the sodium, I know it's very frustrating. I hope the stress improves soon I know it's hard to not overeat then.

GO MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES FOR WEEK 2 WINNER, WAY TO GO TEAM! @Veta2018 @sleepygirl79 @Digger61 Great job team leaders!

Hi team! Sun just started peeking out at 5:30PM, grrr I'm over here in my pjs and just got out of the tub so no garden time tonight. We have a neighborhood breakfast I went to this morning with my neighbors, the charity's treasurer and his parents sat with us too and our previous vice president which was fun. Our treasurer and current vice president and I met to go over nonprofit accounting together which was interesting especially after just finishing the grant class. I have to do the board minutes tonight then will probably read, I finally finished the series I was reading. Have a great Monday everyone, let's kick the week off on the right foot!
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @Divya365 - That's a great quote. Thank you. I have a large garden. I planted seeds of cherry tomato, big beef tomato, green beans, cal. peppers, green peppers, radishes, beets, onion, carrots, lettuce, spinach, broccoli, zucchini, squash, cucumbers, watermelon, pumpkin, strawberries, blueberries, lavender, parsley, thyme, basil, cilantro, marigolds, cosmos, geranium, zinnias, nasturtium, and sunflowers. I was planning on planting brussel sprouts but I think I bought the beets instead by accident. I've never planted celery yet but I thought about using the base of the stalk to grow some. I already have a partner for next weeks "Partner Walking Challenge". I hope you do well with the walking challenge though.
    @Katmary71- You do live an active life. I'm amazed of all the things you do. (PT, gardening, charity, grant writing class, being team captain...) I hope this rain season pass soon.
    @trooworld - I hope you're able to get time in to make some more beautiful art.
    @txcritter69 - Nice mini project. Just curious...what color are you thinking of painting the cabinets?
    @laurelfit57 - You’re doing a fantastic job.

When I first started this journey, I used to post a new motivational quote everyday. Here's a quote for today: "It's not a diet, It's a lifestyle." - Unknown

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Megnolia82 weigh in April 14th

Sw: 228
    PW: 217
    CW: 215.6
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    edited April 15
    Options
    Veta2018 Posts:
    April 14

Username: Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    SW (Starting weight): 180 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 132 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 134 lbs.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪

Then, today I weigh back at 132 lbs.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Congrats to the whole team for achieving 1st place by percentage AND pounds! And a special shout-out goes to @Veta2018 @sleepygirl79 and @Digger61 for leading the way! Way to go!

@laurelfit57 @AyaTheTyga @megnolia82 Congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 Thank you! I see, that would be frustrating. I'm sorry. When does the advanced grant writing class start? The goulash came out well, thanks. I didn't keep any for myself but will probably have some at the potluck. Thanks, it went well no art though. I hope you have a great day!

@Veta2018 Thank you! I wish I had had time. :(

Hi all. Two things: first, here is a link to an interesting article and an intriguing way to see how you are doing on your diet. It also lists different types of diet cheaters: https://hellonutritarian.com/how-to-cheat-on-your-diet/

Yesterday was interesting. One of our old neighbors is very ill in the hospital with a lot of things wrong with her. We went to visit her, we hadn't seen her in probably 10 years. It was quite a shock: she is about 60 but now looks about 85-90. Her health has deteriorated so badly. It was sad, awful, and disturbing. It was a wake-up call, I believe. I need to do better. I don't want to end up immobile or in her condition.

No Zero Days: Didn't snack.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Monday Weigh-In
    Monday Weigh-in
    AustinRuadhain
    SW 223.1
    PW: 209.9
    CW: 209.2

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Oh, I am so, so sorry. Work and family both this week. I am afraid to ask if your coworker apologized. Ugh. You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad Hunter's getting out of a bad situation, but that all sounds stressful for you and everyone.

And as to all -- I am sorry to have been quiet this week. I am out to catch up on group posts and get back to regular check-ins this week.

• reshii_devi
    reshii_devi Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    SW (Starting Weight): 198.2
    PW (Previous Weight): 195.8
    CW (Current Weight): 196.0

• littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 385 Member
    edited April 15
    Options
    littlebabekitty
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    SW:220
    PW: 190.8
    CW: 191.8
    + 1lb
    Expected gain from period bloating. Will try my best to stay within this week, hoping for next weigh in loss.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    NEEDED NOW: @AustinRuadhain @AmbersWay @Jactop @reshii_devi
    Tomorrow Reminder: @FushiaKat @TeresaW2024
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @veta2018 Wow that's a lot of stuff you've planted, we need you at the food bank farm greenhouse! I just had a discussion with my SIL about nasturtiums, here they seem to do better in spring and fall. Thanks! I like your quote! LOL just keep in mind when you log your weight next weekend you have a good drop and may be a team winner.

@trooworld Well I went to check when the next class starts and it's in 2 days so I signed up, thanks for getting me to check I'm squeezing in just in time! Funny reading the article we can see what @AustinRuadhain is doing from Dr. I'd love to be the 90/10, I think I'm more of a flat-line cheater then these social meals throw me off my game and it takes a few days to get back and there's another one. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor that's very sad, I can see why it's a wake-up call for you. Which diet pattern is yours?

@vegan4lyfe2012 Sending prayers to all of you, poor Hunter I'm so sorry she's going through this. Her looking at her sister as a model for getting out of a relationship is beautiful I'm glad it's giving her strength. Thinking of all of you.

@AustinRuadhain Glad to see you back I was about to email you! See @trooworld 's post, is that why you do the dots is it's a Dr. Furhman thing? I remember you doing his GBOMBS too.

@littlebabekitty You got this!

Hi team! It's a pretty day and I was able to get all the seedlings back outside, I skipped a workout to clean and deal with the plants. I need to get melons and cukes going next but for now everything is off the grow table, woohoo (second round of peppers will come inside but I won't have a kitchen table of plants) and cleaned it off earlier. I just registered for the next grant writing class that starts in two days. I also reached out to the practitioner at the holistic clinic about our next step and will do a treatment tonight. For some reason one of my prescriptions won't be filled until a day after I usually change it but I'm going to suck it up since I filed a complaint against the pharmacy, I asked about it and the vibes I was getting weren't good. I think the next Mel Robbins video is tomorrow right @TeresaW2024 @Veta2018 ? I'm doing a micro current treatment tonight to get back on track with that. Food was good today, my Dad brought me peppers from Sam's Club last week and I have a ton of veggies to get through so I made a double-batch of stuffed peppers to use them up. I'll have to freeze some, they're good but not 6 nights in a row good! Have an awesome Tuesday friends.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 16
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @trooworld Well I went to check when the next class starts and it's in 2 days so I signed up, thanks for getting me to check I'm squeezing in just in time! Funny reading the article we can see what @AustinRuadhain is doing from Dr. I'd love to be the 90/10, I think I'm more of a flat-line cheater then these social meals throw me off my game and it takes a few days to get back and there's another one. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor that's very sad, I can see why it's a wake-up call for you. Which diet pattern is yours?

@AustinRuadhain Glad to see you back I was about to email you! See @trooworld 's post, is that why you do the dots is it's a Dr. Furhman thing? I remember you doing his GBOMBS too.

Hi there! I have to not fall behind. It's fun and easy enough to read posts if I read them 1-2 times a day, but if I get behind, I get lost. All this to say, I have not yet found the post where @trooworld talked about Dr Fuhrman?! I'd be excited for any company on that journey. Dr. F's plan is the one that works well for me, both health and weight. I mostly don't talk about it because it seems extreme to people.

Is it this article, maybe? https://hellonutritarian.com/how-to-cheat-on-your-diet/

The G-BOMBS are a Dr Fuhrman thing. Tracking them with green dots is a me thing! I had not seen this article before starting green dots. I am like a duckling and imprinted on loving getting stars in grade school and now try to use that love for stars and badges for my own purposes! ;-)

Is the class you signed up for the Tiny Habits class?!? If yes, can I be a part of that conversation? I would love it.

• ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!
    I am all caught up!
    I like to read through all the posts before I post, and normally I like to reply directly to folks because I know I like being acknowledged! But on my phone I don't have a system like when I'm on my laptop, and normally I get into the office early and have time to catch up and do that. Today was a hectic day. We had a listing photo appointment using a new program we're trying out with a new photographer, which made things a little different. AND the sellers and the sellers cousin were there too, which makes for an awful lot of people shuffling and makes the appointments take sometimes hours longer than they should.
    I am really hoping it comes together nicely, but we have 2 listing photo appts on Thursday with our regular photographer, and I prefer working with him because I know how efficient he is.
    I also had to have some scheduled maintenance for my vehicle this week, oil change tomorrow and tire swap to take off the winter tires on Wednesday. I used to do them both at the tire shop, but they broke my oil filter casing twice, and a third time they used an inferior part which, when I took it to them for diagnostics they basically said I needed a new car, I asked if they did a specific test, they said they had (they didnt). I had it towed to a local Toyota dealership where they figured it out in less than an hour, the replacement oil filter housing they put on had come apart and twisted up the filter! Toyota sent me a photo and replaced the parts. So, long story short, the guys that work at this garage have always been nice to me, and they refunded me any money I paid them to do diagnostics and repairs that weren't needed, so I figure I'll just let them do tire stuff and leave my engine to the Toyota pros.
    Apparently I was in a story telling mood.
    Here's to a great week team!
    *phot of filter*
    br336mookpdm.jpeg
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW2024
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    SW (1.1.24) : 252.0
    PW: 250.2
    CW: 249.6
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I'm so sorry about how things have been going and the thing at work. That sounds awful. I'm glad Hunter is getting out of that situation, it sounds like it would be bad for her and the babies. I hope things settle down now that Michael is gone. HUGS.

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on the loss! That is indeed the article. It is the only thing I've read relating to Dr. F. I am totally tracking those dots now! I think Kat signed up for a grant writing class.

@Katmary71 Oh good, I'm glad you got in! I think I am a checkerboard cheater but time will tell, I'm filling out the chart and seeing what happens! Thanks re: my neighbor. It was very shocking and I really wasn't sure I was looking at the same person when we went into the room, I thought we had the wrong room, but she had the same eyes. I'm glad you had a pretty day. Your garden is going to be amazing! Mmmm stuffed peppers! Have a great day.

@19shmoo69 I'm glad to hear things are back to normal. No worries, life happens!

@ninyagwa Is a photo appointment when they take pics of a house that is coming up for sale? I hope the car maintenance goes well. I always take mine to the Toyota dealership (which takes us a long time but I do it because I have a hybrid and I think not everyone does a good job on hybrids besides the dealership).

Hi all. I had a good day yesterday. I tracked everything, was in control except I hate a small piece of biscotti, and drank 90 oz of water. When I got home, I transferred my tomato plant from my Aerogarden to an outdoor pot. I still have basil and @Katmary71's strawberry mint in my Aerogarden. Kat, it took a while to sprout but the mint is finally growing I'm so happy! Have a great day, everyone!

No Zero Days: Tracked honestly, was under my calorie goal, drank 90 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    @trooworld That article is interesting and might be a fun thing to try to see how often I cheat and motivate myself to cheat less. I bookmarked it and will read it more carefully later. I am sorry about your old neighbor and her deteriorated health. And yeah, it can definitely be a wake-up call for us. We want to rock our 60s and NOT lie in bed and be unable to do anything. 🫤

@Vegan4lyfe2012 Ohhh, I am so sorry about Hunter, but honestly, it seems she is much better off, and her kids will be too. I have something similar with my niece and her good-for-nothing boyfriend, who moved back in with her a couple of months ago. Things aren’t going well, and I’m just waiting for something bad and praying we can weather the storm and get her free. Prayers to you, my friend! <3

@Katmary71 I hope all goes well with the grant writing. How long will it take you to complete it? That is a lot of peppers! I love stuffed peppers, too, and I really should make them more often.

@ninyagwa, That photo shoot of the listing, does sound hectic. Was the new photographer just a temp because you didn’t have your regular one? Yikes, your poor car! It really is important to have a mechanic that you can trust and reply on. I am blessed to have a great place to take my car to. :)

Good morning! I’m happy to have had a loss this week. It probably would have been more, but I ate enchiladas two days in a row, and I bought these Keto chocolate coconut clusters at Aldis, which are the best things I’ve eaten in a long time. I won’t buy those again! :D I have to go to the office this morning, but first, I need to get Joe up and going and do my workout. You all have a great day! :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - prayers for you and Hunter. Bad situation. Praying for the best possible outcome. 🙏 🫂
    -Mica
This discussion has been closed.