Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats to @Veta2018 @sleepygirl79 and @digger61 WTG!!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Praying for you and your family.

@troowold I saved the article and will check it out on some down time.

@19shmoo69 Life happens and we get busy. Welcome back.

@ninyagwa I am glad to see everything work out with your car.

I am chiming in real quick before I get started with my day of sanding cabinets. I can't wait to see the finished project. I too am going to try getting back on here daily if only to say Hi and I am still alive LOL. Got to run.
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - Thank you. I'd really like an all green month...hehehe.
    @ninyagwa - I like that, Toyota sent you a photo. I appreciate those little details.
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - Hugs and prayers to you and your family.
    @AustinRuadhain - Glad to see you back.
    @19shmoo69 - We're doing great on our steps challenge...Go Team Slim Gyms!
    @TeresaW2024 - Congratulations on the loss. I bought Atkins chocolate and coconut bars from Aldi's. I had a few almonds with it and it taste just like an almond joy.
    @txcritter69 - Thank you. I'm excited about your kitchen cabinet project. It will be like a new kitchen when you get them done.

My husband is home again. I think he's going to take a few months off and focus on his tree business. I go with him on the jobs and help setup the equipment and cleanup. Also, we have been working on the new house again. It's one of my 6 months plans for Mel Robin's "Make it Happen." We installed the shower head, faucet, and drain. Then, we made a list of things that still need to be done, with a goal to do at least one thing off the list every day. Sounds like things are about to get real busy for me.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain – Nope, my coworker did not apologize. But he stayed in his office and away from mine for the rest of the day.
    @littlebabekitty – Period bloating is just awful.
    @Katmary71 – Not being a smart-butt, but why not use a different pharmacy?
    @19shmoo69 – So glad to hear things are better now.
    @ninyagwa – That filter looks like it’s dancing! So glad everything got fixed and taken care of.
    @trooworld – Nice job with the water!
    @TeresaW2024 – Thank you. Prayers for your niece and the entire family. It’s really tough when abusers gaslight.

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers. Hunter has already consulted a lawyer because Michael wants to take Byron. In Michigan, since they are still married with no custody orders, whichever one physically has him does not have to relinquish him to the other. So Hunter shouldn’t let Michael take him because he could take him back to Chicago and Hunter would have no recourse. And he’s just doing a lot of petty stuff right now. I know we’ll all get through this, but it’s just stressful.

On a good note, as Hunter and I drove to get groceries, I told her that when we eat better, we feel better. She agreed. We picked up lots of great produce and discussed some of the meals we’d make as we walked through the store. Things like taco salad, chickpea tacos, stuffed poblanos…see a trend? I love Mexican food. I am going to have to be extra vigilant. For those of you that started in this group after Hunter had moved out about 2 years ago, she’s a snacker. Big time. And her love language is food. So she used to bring all kinds of junk food and high calorie foods home and I’d be so tempted, I would just be like, “Screw it.” and give in all the time.

I’m trying to plan my food for each coming day to stay under calories. So far today I am on track. I hope everyone else is able to keep on task, too. And drink your water!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    WI Monday
    PW 210
    CW 210

Sorry I am late
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 16 of 52

PW: 137.6
    CW: 137.8

Nothing new happened last week just the normal stuff. I did manage to get out in the yard one day and I finished raking up all the leaves. Our Nectarine and Peach trees have leaf curl. It's a fungus from the wet weather we had. I have to wait until all the leaves fall off the tree and the branches pruned before I can spray for that in December. I missed finding 719 eggs by 2, I'm good with that. It would take over an hour to look for them maybe longer, I figure there's other stuff I can do in that time. Plus, there is no prize for finding all of them. This year my game decided not to have a Garden Contest but a Space Contest. It's a first. I don't have any building ideas at the moment.

I wish everybody the best of luck, be kind to yourselves there's only one of you.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    edited April 16
    Options
    WEIGH-IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW
    : @Jactop
    Reminder for Tomorrow to the following: @Divya365
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Dr. Furhman was in the link @trooworld posted on different ways people cheat on diets:  https://hellonutritarian.com/how-to-cheat-on-your-diet/ I just clicked on your article and yep that's it! Before it goes into cheaters it talked about tracking with dots for your goals. It looks like when I copied and pasted it just said Dr. instead of Dr. Furhman. LOL I'm like you I like looking back on a bunch of green dots or weeks. The class was a Mel Robbin's one @TeresaW2024 posted here's the link: https://www.melrobbins.com/make-it-happen-training-videos?utm_campaign=April+11+MIH+Already+IN+2&utm_content=April+11+MIH+Already+IN+2&utm_medium=email_action&utm_source=customer.io

@19shmoo69 I'm glad to hear things are back to normal, I hope you'll be more active now too we like when you're not feeling down and interact more. Even though things are back to normal how are YOU doing?

@ninyagwa Wow I'm glad the car issues turned out for the best, that would've been an expensive fix if you'd gotten a new car for that! It IS real hard to catch up on here if you're not on the website, I like the website for catching up here, on my feed, and when adding a recipe then my phone for adding stuff throughout the day. With the issues with the feed I haven't been able to interact on my feed much for over a month now. Please don't ever feel you need to catch up with everyone, I know it's a lot.

@trooworld Thank you! I'm trying to get to 90/10 but am not in the groove right now and am not there. I'm curious to see how you do with it, is your goal to get to 90/10? I think about that with abstaining/moderating, it's easier for me to abstain but being able to moderate seems like the better way to be. When I've done the best dieting is abstaining though. Yay I'm so excited to hear the mint sprouted, can you smell it yet? I'm excited how bushy my outdoor pot of it is.

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! The class is 6 weeks. You did great AND with enchiladas and keto chocolate coconut clusters, wtg! Hope you had a great workout!

@txcritter69 You'll have to show us how your cabinets turn out, good luck!

@Veta2018 Love hearing your goals and working with your husband to get things done. You do sound very busy!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad the coworker gave you space. Pharmacy issue is I'm on a small dose of opioids and there's a shortage (and huge stigma) so no pharmacies are not taking new people who are on them so I'm kind of stuck. They're basically giving them when they get them in stock vs when prescribed. Oh my goodness Michael's being awful, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad Hunter is on the same page as you with wanting to be healthier, that would be great for both of you.

@AmbersWay No worries how are you doing?

@FushiaKat A space contest sounds fun I'm curious to hear what you'll do with it. I'm sorry to hear that about your fruit trees, how frustrating!

Hi team! I texted the nutritionist and will be seeing her Friday. Thought I was doing good with diet but may need to clean it up more. I'm not a big fan of eating animal fat and she's trying to get me to do that instead of using oil (her feeling is by the time we get it it's rancid and causes inflammation). I switched to glass bottles vs plastic, I could use butter but she's recommended ghee or lard (ew!). I placed an order for soil amendments but they won't be here until Saturday so I can't get the tomatoes in yet. I may still go through to pull some to give away Thursday. Not feeling good today but have my nephew's jazz concert tonight so need to get moving. Doing great with logging at least! I'm listening to Mel's second video right now. Have a great Wednesday team!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Yes that's what I was thinking for myself, too. Exactly! Those coconut clusters sound dangerous lol. Have a great day!

@txcritter69 Sounds good! That's exciting you are refinishing the cabinets. Good luck!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thanks! I hope the lawyer can help. That sounds scary. How are you going to resist the snacks Hunter brings into the house this time around?

@Katmary71 I don't have a goal for the chart right now, I'm just trying to observe how I am eating and then I will make a plan. I think 90/10 is too high to aim for (me) right now, maybe 80/20. The mint is tiny right now, so I don't smell it yet. I can't wait for it to grow! Ghee or lard sounds unhealthy, more unhealthy than olive oil or even avocado oil. That's interesting. I hope you feel better.

DISCUSSION QUESTION OF THE WEEK (sorry it's late!): How are you, really? What are you worrying about that you can let go of?

My answer: I'm stressed about money, there never seems to be enough lol. I'm not behind on anything so I really do need to let that go. I'm also worried about my health but I SHOULDN'T let that go.

Hi all. I did very well all day yesterday until I didn't lol. My coworker gave me this bag of Cheetos Cheddar popcorn and I brought it home. While waiting for dinner to be done, I got into it. I ended the day under my calorie goal but still, not a good thing to do. I did something to my back and it's feeling strained.

No Zero Days: Tracked honestly, was under my calorie goal, drank 72 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    edited April 17
    Options
    Quick check in with my Slims!
    Still trying to figure out my medication's for ADHD, who would ever have thought that stimulants would help you to sleep better than you ever have in your adult life and at the same time you have no energy during the day. Apparently, for 40% of people it can be quite a trick to get the right medication going, lucky me :-).
    I am just sticking with the basics and the rest of the time I am not keeping up with life. I do track my food 70%of the time. I am doing very short training sessions throughout the day with Ty, I am afraid she is not getting the best version of me. She is such an independent social little girl, she does really well within my walls, but the moment my front door opens she has got the attention span of a nat, constantly pulling on her leash. The trainer suggested that I use a Halti with her, just to get her started. She is not impressed 🤣
    I'm sorry I'm not keeping up with everybody, but it is helpful to know that I am accountable here with my tracking and weekly weighs. I will get back to keeping up, I really do miss everyone's news :-)
    I hope everybody has a great week and they are happier than my Ty learning how to work with a Halti (she has such a tiny little face, this is the smallest size they make and it is made the smallest that it will go🤣)
    wa0vjklbo73i.jpeg
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I hope everything gets sorted out. Glad you can be there for support. BTW, way to go on your weight loss. I've noticed a steady loss for you! Keep it up.

Like @19shmoo69 I have also been absent. Things are so hectic right now and my work has decreased by lunch by 15 mins, and that's the time I usually took to pop on here.
    Trying to keep up with children's activities, my own things and work and hubby is working late all month plus weekends. We end up having a lot of 'quick' meals which end up not being the healthiest. Come May, I hope things will settle down some. I haven't been tracking and I'm sure that's a good reason why I'm so yo-yo with my weight recently. On a plus, we are getting some nicer weather now, so dog walks are getting a bit longer when time permits.
    Everyone, keep up the good work.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Glucose reading today of 261 due to meds taken for pneumonia today. I have increased water intake and still up. Taking it easy today. Ready for this sickness to be over. Still have a rough cough.and tiredness. Pray for your pal.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH-IN INFO
    WEIGH-INS STILL NEEDED: @Jactop @Divya365
    Reminder for tomorrow to weigh in to the following: @askewcr @tfelts147

@trooworld That's a good plan with the chart. LOL I'm excited for you to smell the mint, I'm happy it sprouted the one time I tried growing mint from seed it didn't grow and was very frustrating. Thank you. There IS never enough money I get that feeling. I'm glad you were under calories even though the Cheetos interfered. I hope your back feels better.

Question answer- I'm ok, feeling stagnant and stuck. Worried I'll never get my body to heal at all at this point which is scary as my feet are worse every day.

@laurelfit57 Oh no I'm sorry you're one experiencing trouble finding the right medication dose and hope you get to a better place. That's interesting about Ty, my brother's dog is like that too and the Halti helps a lot. Ty's face looks a little sad with it on! I'm glad you're still checking in you're doing better than you think I'm sure plus we love hearing from you and seeing your pups!

@sleepygirl79 Hang in there May is right around the corner! That stinks about your lunch being shortened, I'm sorry. Yay for long walks!

@askewcr Yikes at least you know it will go back down once you're off them, I know it's still scary to see those high numbers. Sending prayers your way you're feeling better soon.

Hi team! Just got back from going to negotiate a deal at Lowe's for our project next month, we got half off the mulch we're using if we get it tomorrow so we're going to need a big caravan as we're getting 150 bags. Luckily the backyard we're doing has a side yard we can store it all in for the next two weeks as I'd offered to store it in my garage and still have moths in the house from last year's military care package postal boxes. I talked to the homeowner earlier and she's real excited which makes all the hassles worth it. I have a meeting tonight about the day of the event then am getting dirt from Lowe's curbside so I'd better go empty my car, water the garden, and eat. Doing good with food and logging today. Have a great Thursday!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    GRRRRRRRR!!!!! It is just not fair. I made a long post earlier. A little ranting, a little venting, a little encouragement and some catching up. I came back on, and it is gone. This app is against me. Maybe it will like me tomorrow. Hopefully this will post.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slims!

It's good to be home. Back to real life. Rich and I both still have colds, but it feels like mine is breaking up. We got a good night's sleep in our own bed, and we're going out to breakfast since we have no food in the house.

My cat sitter is an idiot. I won't use her again. I have a lock box for the house keys. My instructions for the last day were for her to put the keys in the box, spin the numbers so the box is locked, and then lock the box onto the door knob with the u-bolt. I left the box open and apart (the u-bolt just clicks into the top of the box, around the door knob). Well, I guess she played around with the box and put the u-bolt on it, and then couldn't figure out how to get it off again. So she couldn't put it on the doorknob. I was a the airport, and she was texting me (after I'd told her the night before that she would not be able to reach me) and she was asking what to do with the keys since she couldn't use the lockbox. I told her there is a lever inside the lock box that releases the u-bolt. She wasn't texting me back. Then, I got another text telling me that she couldn't get the bolt to release so she put the keys in the lock box and put it under the driver's side seat of my car. I said OK. I get home, and she had LOCKED the car. Apparently it didn't occur to her that I didn't have the car keys with me, and those house keys to get in. Fortunately, I had given my boss a spare key to my house (she was my back-up plan in case something happened to the cat sitter while I was away). And since it was my boss who brought us home, we were able to get in.

I attempted to go to the store when we got home last night, but my car battery was dead. I got a jump start and let it run for 45 minutes. I'm hoping it will start this morning without a jump. I will take it back to Honda to get the battery replaced. It was a 100-month warranty on the battery and I bought it 4 years ago, so I ought to be getting a new battery for about 1/2 price.

I came home to find that my cat Earl is suffering from his skin allergies again, so I'll also have to phone the vet today. I really don't want to have to bring him in for them to examine him; it's the same thing as always. But they usually give him steroids and I really want them to suggest something else.

-Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Thinking of you and your pups.

@askewcr Sending good thoughts your way.

@Katmary71 It's barely there, I am hoping it really grows soon. Thanks, my back does feel better! re: your answer to the question...I'm really sorry, that's a big worry. I hope you are worrying for nothing. Wow, good job negotiating half off!

@19shmoo69 Aww, Darren, that sucks!

@micaroo4 Sorry about the cat sitter, that would make me mad. I hope you can get your battery replaced today. Poor Earl.

Hi all. I got into the cheese popcorn again last night but I purposefully put it in a bowl instead of mindlessly eating out of the bag. So, progress. Today, we have a "world heritage potluck" at work. I am bringing Hungarian goulash. It is more of a soup than a stew (the stewy type is a different style I guess? This one is supposed to be more authentic). Since it will be hard to track, I pretracked 500 cals for the potluck.

No Zero Days: Tracked honestly, was under my calorie goal, drank 72 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 Almond Joys are my favorite candy bar! I need those Atkins bars!! :D It does sound like you have a lot going on and it sounds like you and your husband have a great relationship. Not every couple works well together.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I pray that Michael stops with the drama and lets Hunter have Byron. Why do these idiots try to hurt their kids by hurting the mom? My sister and I are trying to figure out how to get my niece into a new house over by where I live. We found one that could be perfect. Please pray we can get it and get her free from her toxic jerk. 😕And I do remember how Hunter likes to snack. You have to be strong. Have her keep her snacks away from you, and remember that it only leaves you upset when you cave. You can do it! <3

@Katmary71 I don’t think I agree with your nutritionist on all oils. Buy a good quality avocado oil and stay away from junk oils like corn and vegetable oil. Ghee is great! I use it all the time, too. And I did use lard back in the day but haven’t in years. It makes great fried potatoes!! :D

@trooworld Cheeto popcorn! Girl, that is a temptation and a half. Good job staying under your calorie goal. :)

@laurelfit57 I hope you can get your medication right so you can get your rest. Ty is giving you the stinkeye! :D

@aksewcr Prayers that you heal and recover. I had pneumonia several years ago, and I remember that cough. ☹️

Good morning! I'm sorry I didn’t write yesterday, but the pastor called me with a list of things he wanted, and I had to spend much of yesterday working on the list. The worst is that he doesn’t think our church Google calendar is enough and wants me to get one of those large desk calendars and write everything on it so we can see it at our staff meetings. My idea of us pulling up our calendars on our phones didn’t seem like a good idea to him. 🙄 I haven’t had the brain width to watch the second Mel Robbin video, but I plan to do that today. I just have to control my current season 10 Hell’s Kitchen addiction. I have never watched a season with that many nasty people. It’s great!! :D

DISCUSSION QUESTION OF THE WEEK (sorry it's late!): How are you, really? What are you worrying about that you can let go of?

I’m stressed but trying to turn it over to God and trust that he will get us through. My niece has to get rid of her good-for-nothing baby daddy once and for all. There is a house near us that we want to move her to and get her to. right now, she is 20 minutes away, and it's such a pain for my sister to drive back and forth every day. Plus, this guy won't leave, which I knew would happen. It will cost me a lot of money, but it has to be done to protect those babies! Sometimes, I really miss my old life when Joe took care of me, and I had no family to be responsible for. :/
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    askewcr
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 249.5
    CW:249.5

I feel a little better today. My sugar is 191 so it's on it's way down. Whew! Thanks for all the well wishes. Have a wonderful day Pals! B)
  • Divya365
    Divya365 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Username: Divya365
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    PW: 142.8
    CW:143

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options

I have been very stressed out, feeling like I have to take care of everything, and fix everything that goes wrong for everyone in my life. I really need to let that go. If it's not my problem, then it's not my problem...I don't need to take it on, just because someone tells me their problem. I need to let others figure out their own solutions.

-Mica
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Hi friends! Want to get the weigh-in update going in case I can't get on later.

WEIGH-IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS NEEDED
    :@telts147
    Reminder for tomorrow's weigh-in to the following: @Cornanda @davors19 @trooworld @ninyagwa
This discussion has been closed.