Daily Check In

Options
1232425262729»

Replies

• basoranno
    basoranno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Gloria-I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. Pain and not sleeping is tough. I’ve tried so many different things to try and get me to sleep. I finally found that if I take a THC Gummie before bed, I sleep at least 5 hrs straight which is a lot for me. I maybe got 2-3 with melatonin plus I’d end up with a headache taking that. It’s supposed to help with pain also but I won’t take it any other time. Maybe it helps me and that’s why I sleep that long.

The weather here has been up and down. Lots of wind. Everything is greening up. Leaves are coming out on the trees. I’m still on a roller coaster when it comes to my eating. Just can’t seem to get off of it. I’m still trying to get 3-4 days in at the Y and then walking here. I’ve been on my treadmill a couple of times too. I’ve done some jogging. My knees aren’t happy afterwards but oh well.
    Walking and Y today!

Have a great day!
  • gloriawrightcook
    gloriawrightcook Posts: 4,145 Member
    Options
    Hey Beckie!!! My joints don't love me either - it's my knees a little but my feet, wow. I never had this kind of problem with my feet. It might be from the psoriatic arthritis/RA. But I figure just getting out there and doing something is okay! We've had a lot of wind too, but it's all green here and we've been mowing now since the second week of March. It was very hot for several days and we ended up turning on the AC, but now it is cold and I refuse to turn the heat back on! I think by the weekend it will be in the 80s again. I need to look into the THC. My husband will think that is terrible but gosh, I need to sleep. I didn't do well with melatonin either. I've been using magnesium but I am not sure how effective it is.

Okay, gonna go, take care!
  • letsgoplay1
    letsgoplay1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Gloria- sorry to hear out the pain and all of that- sounds bad.

Things are busy here- I'm still working on the weight loss....
  • gloriawrightcook
    Options
    Hey!!!!! Busy here too, and still working on the weight thing - don't know how this ten pounds creeped up after ten years of maintenance but it has to go - it is making my running too slow and painful! I did a "race" yesterday, didn't race, ran a little but mostly walked. It was really nice but pretty much one big very steep hill for about 1.5 miles, and then running down it - which for me right now, that is too steep (I love downhill running but it is hard on the quads if one hasn't been training for it). The race was five miles total and it was so well done - very nice. I will consider doing that one again. Afterwards we hiked around the state park on the trails. Today I was going to do yoga but once again, there is no instructor, so I will do my strength training and possible do a little yoga on my own later. My sprained ankle has been bothering me a bit over the past couple of days and I need to do my PT exercises for that too.
  • basoranno
    Options
    Hello!
    Life has had many ups and downs lately. Trying to keep focused on my health and exercise.
    It’s been a rainy Spring. Hard to get things done but it is so green here too. Leaves are now showing on the trees. Need to get to the lake to see if there are apple blossoms yet.
    It’s hard to believe in a few days it will be May.
    I really need to get out walking trails also. If my dog wasn’t reactive we’d be on them but I take him where he’s safe. I’m hoping my knees will calm down soon with the weather warming up.

Have a wonderful week everyone!
  • gloriawrightcook
    Options
    Hello!!! Becky, hope your knees calm down. The weather here is getting hot and the cicada broods are going to be out soon. 13 years ago they weren't too bad. The time before that, they were just awful. I doubt I will get much outdoor time in when they are out, which could potentially last as long as six weeks. Today I got a lunch time walk in. I will try to do upper body strength this evening and maybe an easy yoga session, if there is time.
  • basoranno
    Options
    Hello!
    Gloria-I’ve been hearing about the Cicada’s. We get them but only a few. Growing up I would hear the noise they make but I never knew what it was from. Not until I was older.
    Our weather has finally warmed up. We worked outside on Sunday and I had a little too much sun so this week hasn’t been great for being out in the sun. It’s hard to know how to dress these days. Not ready for shorts yet. I wear them in the house but not out in public.
    I haven’t been going to the Y as much these last couple of weeks. I’ve got so much to get done so
    It’s mostly just dog walks.
    My niece past away a couple of weeks ago from cancer. She was only 49. So sad. We are going to NH next weekend for her Celebration of Life. She was the type of person everyone loved. She leaves behind 5 kids. 2 of which are still in Middle school.
    I’ve got a lot of weeding and planting todo before I leave. With everything going on, I sure wish I was running the lake again. I could really use those runs right now.
    I hope everyone is doing well. I hope you’re able to get your runs in.
    Have a great week!