Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,667 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 14 (Celsius) fair/mostly sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 27 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I still haven't folded that bit of laundry yet, but maybe today! I did enjoy my mostly lazy weekend, with the only big thing done being grocery shopping and even that was fairly light as Jason had been gone until Friday night.

So I washed the laundry Friday night, and dried it, but have been doing a daily refresh cycle to keep it from getting musty.

Lunch for me today will be some leftover Kroger fried chicken, and maybe some chips.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,160 Member
    Options
    good morning
    Jo, you and your daughter always find such interesting/fun things to do! Japanese festival! Pete does the power washing here. He did the deck and the house walls around it last week. We have a tree that sheds berry like things on the deck, so it was a mess, he really worked hard.
    Ed, I haven't been sleeping well either. I tried some melatonin, which worked pretty well, but upset the rest of my system. It's funny, you and your laundry. I don't mind folding clothes at all.
    Irene, warm week here too. I put on a summer top today.
    I did some cleaning, spent some time reading on the porch, foiled some stained glass, and had a little visit from our daughter and granddaughter yesterday. It was a nice day.
    It's currently 74F,23C. Plenty of sunshine. Near record high temperatures. High 88F,31C. HOT! Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week! 🌞🌟💐🍭🍷
  • parityanimal
    Options
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    Cheaters Never Win

Cybercriminals often find creative ways to spread malware, and this recent scam is no exception. They are posting malicious links in the comment sections of video gaming websites and forums. If you click on one of the links, it will download a .zip file for a program called Cheat Lab. The software is enticing to gamers since it claims to help them cheat at their favorite games. The software doesn’t actually help players cheat, but it does help cybercriminals gain access to your personal data.

At first glance, Cheat Lab appears to be a legitimate program and even has an activation code. If you install it, there is a message with an offer to receive a free version of the software if you send it to your friends. However, the program is actually malware. Once you have installed it, cybercriminals will gain access to your sensitive information. Even worse, if you follow the instructions in the message and send it to all your friends, cybercriminals might also gain access to your friends’ data! 

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to a malware scam:

Be skeptical of offers and deals. If you find a link for a free product that seems too good to be true, it probably is.
    When downloading software, be mindful of the source. Legitimate companies do not distribute their software by posting links in comments. You should only download software from a trusted company or source. 
    This scam targets gamers, but similar tactics could be used against anyone. Always stop and think before clicking on a link.
    The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 18 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected high of 24. Rain in the morning with isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening. Chance of precipitation is 86%. I think I can feel it in my bones.

Didn't sleep well, probably because of the changing weather. I think it's going to feel like a long day.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    It's currently 66F, 19C. Partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High around 85F, 29C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Off to craft day for me.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. 👩🏻‍🎨🌤️🌥️🌂
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 13 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 29 and 3% chance of precipitation.

Sounds like a beautiful day, but I'll be inside working. Oh well.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    good morning
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning all
    It's currently 65F, 18C. Plentiful sunshine. High 82F, 28C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Off to Spring workshop at preschool with Grandchildren. Should be fun.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day! 🌞💐
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 14 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 30 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I got the laundry folded yesterday so that is no longer lurking.

I popped out to our neighborhood Burger Fi last night to pick up dinner. I think this was my first carryout dinner in over a month. I've mostly been preparing things at home, even if that is just pulling something from the freezer and heating it up.

New updates late in the day yesterday, so on to testing them!

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, ah, another load of laundry folded. 😊
    It's currently 66F, 19C. A good deal of sunshine. Near record high temperatures. High 88F,31C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. HOT!!! It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow.
    Our housecleaner is coming today instead of tomorrow, and I have a massage scheduled for this morning. Will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🌞🍷
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,
    I have been watching the riots at colleges can't believe this going on . I feel sorry for the Jewish students
    they should not have to deal with just my feeling.
    take care
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, the world is a mess. Those students are ill-informed and probably being manipulated/urged on by outsider political activists. One of the main goals of terrorist groups in the middle east is Jewish genocide. How does one deal with that? Religious fanaticism causes many problems.
    Hi Ed and Jo.
    It's currently 62F, 17C . Partly cloudy this morning, then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. High 72F, 22C. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph.
    We're going to see our son and family today. Always wonderful to see them.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Yay, weekend! ☕🌤️🌥️🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 19 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 28 and 30% chance of precipitation.

We'll see what's on the work agenda today.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently 50F with a high of58F, cloudy and chilly.
    I had planned to work in the yard today, but it is a little too chilly, maybe this afternoon it will
    warm up a little more.
    I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi everyone,
    have a great weekend
    it is chilly here also
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, weekend. I hope you had something interesting to work on yesterday, and are now ready for R&R.
    Jo, yesterday was pretty nice weather here, but today is like yours. Ok to skip the yard work when it's chilly!
    Irene, how's the PT going? I hope you're feeling much better.
    It's currently 50F, 10C. Much cooler today. Occasional rain. High 56F, 13C. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch. Gray day.
    The irises and bluebells are blooming and beautiful.
    We spent time with our son and family yesterday. Baby Maddie is the sweetest! 💗 Saw a fox running through his yard.🦊
    I have some errands to run today, and may get to early voting this weekend.
    Wishing all a relaxing weekend. ☕🕊️🍷🌂🌧️☔
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,
    It is really chilly today I had to wear a hoodie on our walk it is about 47 I got use to the warmer weather. It is suppose to rain later.
    Thanks for asking my pt is going ok I think I will be going for a while my balance is pretty bad hoping it gets better.
    Hi Ed and Jo
    hope everyone has a great day
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 18 mostly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 24 and 20% chance of rain for the remainder of the day. It was raining when I got up this morning at 8:45. The cats would not have let me sleep much longer than that anyway, but I resisted when Dinah tried to get me up about 7:30.

I might get out for groceries, since the worst of the rain seems to have passed. I am still working on my coffee right now.

No laundry this weekend, so I'm hoping for a relaxing time. I may go to Office Depot to look for a new work/computer chair this weekend. The cats will be disturbed if I change my chair, as they are well used to the current one and it smells like me. On the other hand, they would have a new one they could begin to destroy, despite having scratching surfaces all over the place that are not my chair!

• eku0
    edited May 5
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, it's good you're working on your balance. There are so many things we take for granted when we're younger.
    Jo, I hope you're having a fun weekend.
    Ed, rained here yesterday, raining again today. I hope you got out and got your errands taken care of.
    We went out for our early primary voting yesterday. No lines, no wait, easy peasy.
    I went to TJMaxx early morning for members. Got a free canvas bag and bought some Mothers Day gifts for my daughter and daughter-in-law. I also won a $10 gift certificate in their raffle. It was a good day.
    It's currently 53F,12C. Steady light rain this morning. Showers continuing this afternoon. High 71F,22C. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. ☕🕊️🌧️☔🍷
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 20 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 29 and 68% chance of precipitation. I know we had thunderstorms during the night because they woke me up, but I was able to get back to sleep fairly quickly. I didn't take note of the time.

Dinner last night was at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant. Breakfast today was link sausages and southern biscuits with butter and raspberry fruit spread.

I need to put fruit spread on the list for next week as I noticed there isn't that much left in the jar.

Nothing critical on the agenda. I did not get the new office chair yesterday. Maybe today, but if not, that can be nearly any time, as Office Depot is not far away at all.