Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    good morning,
    Good job Vix on voting we never go early we always go on the day of voting it is probably easier for us living in a small town we never even wait in line.
    Well I did get a new outfit for my niece's wedding next month it is very formal so I got a really fancy outfit I was even able to get my purse and shoes it is a pant suit I don't wear dresses . Ed this is probably really boring for you.
    HI Jo ,Vix and ED
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,667 Member
    Options
    good morning,
    Good job Vix on voting we never go early we always go on the day of voting it is probably easier for us living in a small town we never even wait in line.
    Well I did get a new outfit for my niece's wedding next month it is very formal so I got a really fancy outfit I was even able to get my purse and shoes it is a pant suit I don't wear dresses . Ed this is probably really boring for you.
    HI Jo ,Vix and ED

Not at all. I don't wear dresses either! ;)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon
    Currently 54F, cloudy and chilly with occasional rain.
    Irene-Sounds like you are all set for the wedding. It is nice when things come together.
    Vix-Sounds like you had a very good day yesterday.
    Ed-I hope you get your new office chair.
    Yesterday we went to a food truck festival and farmer's market.
    Nothing going on today.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 19 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 29 and 24% chance of precipitation.

Not sure what will be hot on the work agenda today. Nothing critical on the home agenda.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,160 Member
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, you always go to such interesting restaurants, lots of variety!
    Irene, glad you found an outfit for the wedding. What color is it, what kind of material? When's the wedding?
    Jo, farmer's market and food truck festival sound fun. The sheep and wool festival was this weekend, but I didn't get there. We saw the little ones for a while yesterday, and I did some housework and organizing of my craft stuff.
    It's currently 63F, 17C. Cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 75F, 24C. Winds light and variable.
    Will see what today brings.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. ☔🍷🕊️✨
  • parityanimal
    Options
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    Fake Login Fiasco

Scammers frequently try to trick you into clicking on malicious links in emails by making them appear legitimate. In a recent scam, they are trying to trick you with an email that appears to be related to your Microsoft account security. The email says that there has been some unusual activity on your account and that many of your account’s features have been locked. There is a link in the email, along with instructions to click it so that you can review all activity on your account.

If you click the link, you’ll be taken to what appears to be a Microsoft login page. However, the login page is actually fake, and you won’t be taken to your Microsoft account if you enter your login information here. Instead, entering your user credentials on this page will allow cybercriminals to steal them. Once they have your username and password, they can use them to access your account and steal your personal information.

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to a phishing scam:

Scammers will often try to scare you into acting impulsively. Always stop and think before clicking, especially if an email is instructing you to act quickly.
    Pay attention to the details of the email. Phishing emails will often contain spelling and grammatical errors, or the wording of the email may seem unusual.
    Navigate to the official website in your browser whenever possible. Clicking a link in an email may direct you to a fake or malicious website.
    The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.
  • parityanimal
    edited May 7
    Options
    Monday night update. Tonight's Pad See Ew with tofu, one of our favorite Thai dishes.

I was sous chef, and Jason did the cooking. I taught him to stir fry and he has surpassed me. I'm so proud.

unhunzxrsju1.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 19 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 4% chance of precipitation.

Working on getting a demonstration prepared today so the sales team can understand one of the products developed. Hopefully they can push this to another client.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, Asian food is nice and spicy. Sounds like a busy workday.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    It's currently 64F, 18C. Areas of patchy fog early. Cloudy early, then off and on rain showers for the afternoon. High around 80F, 27C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 50%.
    I'm off to craft day today.
    Wishing all a happy Tuesday. 👩🏻‍🎨🌧️🌂☕
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    It is a beautiful sunny day and warm. I worked in the yard for a while and did 2 loads of laundry.
    I also made some hummingbird food, so I can get my feeders up.
    Besides the raccoons, we now have a mother and baby bunny living somewhere in our yard.
    Have a good afternoon. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 21 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 13% chance of precipitation.

Plenty on the work agenda today and we're supposed to have dinner with an old friend from Memphis that Jason used to work with.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Hi Irene.
    Jo, bunnies are cute. What do you mix up for hummingbird food? I saw a hummingbird feeder I'd like to try to make.
    Ed, you sound busy. How nice to meet up with an old friend for dinner. Enjoy.
    It's currently 67F, 19C, sun peeking out. A mix of clouds and sun. Warm/hot! High 86F, 30C. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
    I have an acupuncture appt this a.m., put a load of laundry in, and will see what else the day brings.
    The dogwoods are starting to lose their blossoms, but the irises and clematis are blooming!
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day! ☕⛅🍷🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 64, cloudy and scattered showers. It is a good day to stay in and read a book.
    Vix-I mix 1/4 cup sugar with 1 cup boiling water, let cool and then it is ready. I read somewhere
    that the red stuff sold in stores isn't good for hummingbirds. My clematis isn't blooming yet and my gladiolus are just poking through the soil.
    Ed-enjoy your dinner.
    Hi Irene.
    Enjoy your afternoon. :)

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Going away will be back Friday going to visit with my sisters in PA will be back Friday afternoon .
    Hope you all have a great day.
    Vix my outfit is taupe it has
    a lot of lace take care
  • eku0
    edited May 9
    Options
    good morning
    Hi Ed.
    Thanks, Jo. That seems easy enough. I'm sure the red stuff isn't good. Now, I just have to make the feeder. 😂 I noticed this morning that the lilacs and roses are starting to bloom. It's all a little early.
    Irene, your outfit sounds pretty. Fun to get dressed up. Enjoy your visit with your sisters.
    It's currently 61F, 16C. Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. High around 65F, 18C. Cooler for a few days. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
    We picked up Will yesterday for an afternoon of fun. 💗
    Will see what today brings.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. ☕☁️🌂🍓🍷
    b18up389eonn.jpg

• eku0
    Options
    9emfh0ctc754.jpg
    nybh3stk34pb.jpg
    el7xwgkwzklq.jpg
  • parityanimal
    edited May 9
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 23 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected rainy high of 25 and a good chance of thunderstorms. 100% chance of precipitation.

Dinner last night was at a nice little Thai restaurant in Atlanta. A lychee martini started me off and then I had the little tea rose appetizers and then the crispy white fish in green curry sauce made with coconut milk. It was delicious!

Great pictures of your flowers and crafts!

My day was started at the dentist, having a crown installed.

A lot of testing awaits.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 18 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 26 and 19% chance of precipitation. It was raining when I got up but that didn't last too long, and had apparently moved on by the time I finished my cheese grits and Spam.

I pulled down a lot of updates a moment ago, and I see the program compiled with no errors, so I expect I'll have plenty to do today.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Thanks, Ed. Those crafts are my de-stressors, along with reading fiction. Your Thai dinner sounds delicious.
    Jo, we're getting a lot of rain here, so good to find things to do indoors.
    Irene, how nice to have time with your sisters.
    I brought my unfinished large stained glass piece up from the basement, and started to try to get the rest of the oxidation off so I can finish it. It's not working. I'm going to see if there's something else I can do.
    It's currently 54F, 12C, cooler today. We had some t-storms last night. Rain showers early becoming a steady light rain for the afternoon. High around 55F, 13C. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Lots of rain in the next 10 days.
    I signed up for a craft session at the library this afternoon : paper flowers. That'll be different.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. ☁️🌂☕🌧️🍷👩🏻‍🎨
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Irene-Enjoy your time with your sisters.
    Ed- your dinner sounds yummy.
    I love your flowers and crafts. Enjoy paper flower making.
    Currently 48F with a high of 56F, cloudy conditions all day.
    We have a long to do list for today. I hope we can get it all done, so the rest of the weedend
    will be free.
    Have a great day! :)