Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,669 Member
    edited May 7
    Options
    Sounds idea, Yooly! Whereabouts in Ohio are you? My pup came from Blainesville :)

Bella. "Tender Ministrations" - wow. She is a lucky lady :) You are such a good soul.

Good for your, Creamtea. First day back must be a challenge.

I'm close enough to finished rejigging my house to call a break. I know I might completely rearrange my studio/living room. But before I make any rash decisions, I'm going to paint my friend's late dog. The dog I was supposed to paint way back, but she was still too grief stricken to pull together some reference pictures for me, so I painted her still with us dog instead. He came out well - hope the other fellow does too. They are both striking pups - and Sampson, the departed, earned a spot in my heart when I visited him last because he spent an hour paying me special attention. I did finally realize that he was interest in my pup who was sort of hiding behind me - terrified of these behemoths :)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    I’m in northern Ohio- Cleveland and 50 mile radius. I spent most of my childhood and young adulthood here. But only visit once or twice a year for the past 50 years.
  • lauriekallis
    edited May 8
    Options
    Oh! You are pretty close to me :) About a 4 hour drive :)

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Enjoying my last day off before my work week starts tomorrow. Hit the gym hard this morning, then a quick stop at the grocery store where I forgot 2 of the things I went for. Home, quick lunch, then went for a walk, thrnspent an hour or so by the pool, but it started to look like storming, so I headed down to the house and sat in the hot tub to soak my tortured muscles for a half hour or so. Then my daughter and I played a card game for awhile. She had to go, plans with friends, so I made dinner, then my husband helped me clean up after and we watched 4 episodes of the last season on the Bad Batch. Then I flipped to hockey, caught Carolina losing in double OT and Dallas finishing pissing away their 3 goal lead and lose in OT, lol.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    That's ..... too much!🤯😎

I'm slow! 🧐
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well.... even though she is flying... Nic is not going to get to sweep the 2nd round of the playoffs!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hockey! It’s all Greek to me……. Of course I’m the same way about football, soccer, basketball, baseball and any other sports.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Well.... even though she is flying... Nic is not going to get to sweep the 2nd round of the playoffs!

Unfortunately correct. That was a very roller coaster game.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Two more days in Ohio. Ready to go home and rest. Lots of family drama as usual.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Unfortunately correct. That was a very roller coaster game.

This series has me some kind of way, lol. OT games are the worst, and best, thing in playoff hockey.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Families and drama :) a match made in heaven (hell?? :) )
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Impromtu trip to Edinburgh to see son & GF - having a lovely time with them; trying to make sensible food choices 🥴😉, though Cranikan for dessert slipped in somehow?!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Cranikan????????
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Whiskey in dessert!!!!! :) Count me in. Love this spin on what I think of as trifle!
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Cranikan????????
    Oh Yooly - I’m not sure you want to know, oats, cream, raspberries & as @lauriekallis has suggested … whiskey … hic!
  • PAV8888
    edited May 13
    Options
    A belated happy mother's day to all who were celebrating! I hope you all had an awesome time!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, PAV. Too bad you are too decent for us to call a mother - or we could have wished you Happy Mother's Day also! :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    :tongue:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    It's the first day of my work week. Woke up at 11, got the gym about 11:45. Worked out (absolutely slammed upper body, oof) for just over an hour. Picked up a sweet treat just for my youngest, because her brother, who doesn't bother to express preferences for things he might want from the store, keeps eating things she picks when we grocery shop 🙄. Had some breakfast, lost my earbud case, spent 10 minutes finding it. Knocked out 45 minutes on the treadmill (discovered my fitbit over-reports by about 30% when in my loose shorts pocket vs on my wrist). Now I am sitting in the hot tub soaking my sore self before I have to shower and do some stuff before going to work. Oh, and I have to stop and get gas on the way to work because I have been procrastinating in that and I won't make it to work unless I do. Whoops.