Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,311 Member
edited June 9 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Team. Please relax and chat with your teammates from all over the world. How are you doing? What have you been doing? What are you goals for the Summer Challenge? How did you discover the 5% Challenges? If you have any questions just ask.

If you are new please put why you joined or what you are hoping to get from the 5%. If you are a returning member please put why you enjoy the 5%. You don't need to put a lot of words (though if you wish to you certainly can!).

Your 5% Challenge ~ Overall Leadership Team:
Lynn (KALISWALKER), Ceri (CERIUSLY1), Heidi (HICIM705), and Barb (LADYLUK1)

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone! it is a mostly rainy day here today.have an amazing day!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,101 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, warm here but luckily a breeze which is helping.
  • nbruns83
    nbruns83 Posts: 2,075 Member
    Options
    Hello all.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,605 Member
    Options
    cross posting for any new airport friends, Insight Timer Quote: Wellness encompasses a healthy body, a sound mind, and a tranquil spirit.—Laurette Gagnon Beaulieu
    I AM: I am proud of my tendency to be happy.
    Action for Happiness: Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share.
    Happy World Ocean Day!!!!
    Happy National Best Friend’s Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.—Pele
    Day 159 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.03 miles yesterday.
    Beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast.
    Off today so getting Pliability: Little Benders this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner/before church.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    just stopping by to say hi to all! have an amazing day!
  • Sableness
    Sableness Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Two years ago, my husband and I did what we called the Great Cleanout; think Swedish Death Cleaning. Our nephew will be painting the interior of our house soon, so we’re doing Great Cleanout Round Two, and it’s going great. My harpsichord is now permanently at University of Tampa, my closet and drawers are emptier, and several small pieces of non-essential furniture are gone. As I keep reminding husband, whatever we don’t have won’t need to be temporarily moved or boxed up. This morning, I went around the house weeding out pictures and paintings. Keepers are my mom’s paintings, ones that have meaning for us, and some we simply like.
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,125 Member
    Options
    I'm really not sure when to start posting here.
    @Sableness - I didn't know Swedish death cleaning was a thing! I started to do that too! Will you be moving into senior living or something else? We're still in North Port but thinking of moving into senior living in a few years.
    It's great you are keeping some of the paintings your mom created. I have a few of the afghans my mom made for me.
  • Sableness
    Options
    @aalley5 - Yes, it is! I ran across the book well into my cleaning. The author’s point, like mine, is not to leave behind a mess for others to deal with. It made some good motivation for my procrastinating husband too: 🥹🥹 Do we really want our girls to have to deal with ____? I would be amenable to senior living, but husband is firmly planted right here unless he has no choice, so we’re doing whatever seniorizing we can in our home. Less stuff = less upkeep!
  • aalley5
    edited June 10
    Options
    @Sableness - I love the idea of cleaning and finding new homes for all my valuables. It's great the museum was able to take your harpsicord! Another reason I like to communicate with my friends, I learn new and wonderful ideas!

The reason I wanted to re-join the 5% challenge: The challenges are obtainable. This challenge has a Thread (The Airport lounge) where I am able to post and communicate with my friends and team mates from all over the world.
    My plan today is to get my circuit training done and track my meals and water. I'm also looking into setting up a blog on BlogSpot since the newsfeed will be going away.
    Motivation Monday:
    https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/o8F2KlwD
    :)zrlr2hbhdyg3.jpg
    mt6eyqm9erp7.jpg
  • NancyAnne52
    NancyAnne52 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Swedish Death Cleaning.... I'm not sure that sounds like something I have time for. :D

I wanted to join this challenge because the timing finally feels right. I'd love to actually lose 5% of my current weight in a sane way. That sounds like a lofty goal to me in 8 weeks. But I can't know if it's possible if I don't try. I'm no longer willing to starve myself or do crazy workouts to get to my goal. This sounds doable and like I might learn some good new habits.
  • Sableness
    Options
    Eeeek, my nephew comes on Wednesday to see exactly what needs doing with a view to starting next week on painting inside the house. I’ve started boxing up books and other stuff that’ll have to be moved. I’m getting in productive fitness minutes just making my house cleaner and ready for him. I have another thrift shop load. Now that it’s getting down to the wire, it’s pretty easy to say nope, I don’t need this anymore.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,161 Member
    edited June 11
    Options
    @Sableness Yes, I've heard about the Swedish Death Cleaning and I've started that, too. Most people here don't want more "stuff" so I'm not sure how to get rid of a lot of what I have. My children are all at the age that they are downsizing, too (all in their 60s) so I suspect the local thrift stores will get most of my things. My youngest grandson is getting married in another year, and they may want some of it.

I've been at maintenance for about 15 years or more, but I continue to sign up for MFP and these 5% challenges, mostly because of the friends I've made here. Also, I know how easy it is to let the pounds pile back on if it's not in your mind every day.
  • p21usa
    p21usa Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Happy to be back here after taking a "sabbatical" from March until now. I couldn't sign up for spring or in between because of a three week trip to Malaysia and then a six week controlled feed study which just ended today. Hurrah! The study was very interesting to say the least. I found out TONS on info on my glucose, gut biome AND I had all my meals for free for six weeks AND I got $1,000!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Mary. Hot day in Jersey! I ran even though it was hot
  • HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,649 Member
    edited June 14
    Options
    @Sableness *We are in similar simplify & downsize season of life. Just feel a need to have less to take care of and for our home to be "just right" for this retirement season of life. Feels good. Enjoy having your nephew painting. Love that him coming motivates you too!! Thanks for sharing 😊

@bookieNJ * Good for you exercising in the Hot!! Summer hot easily deters me so I try to go early or late in day or walk by the 🌊 water.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,605 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Haji Mubarak to those who celebrate.—Insight Timer Team
    I AM: I am having a positive and inspiring impact on the people I come into contact with.
    Action for Happiness: Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you.
    Happy Blood Donor Day!!!
    Happy Flag Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.—Winston Churchill
    Day 165 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.62 miles yesterday.
    Off today so beginning my day with a 45 min walk before breakfast, Bench Day + Core Challenge: Final Fit Test in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Hips + Ankles this afternoon and 60 walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,352 Member
    Options
    Ready to start the ibc.
  • aalley5
    Options
    @patti241, I have to ask, what is ibc?

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,101 Member
    Options
    Hi all happy Friday and wishing you all a good final weigh in tomorrow

@aalley5 - IBC is In between Challenge (I believe

xikkap4n55bk.png

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    @HealthyBarb1 -thx! Today I was not loving the heat outside. So I speed walked my library books back to the libary-and then speed walked home. I didn't intend to go that fast-but I had a time crunch so away I went-can't run with 3 books and then picked up one and knew i couldn't run with it