Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Replies

• Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,755 Member
    Good morning
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,939 Member
    @patti241 - Thank you, he was released from the hospital this afternoon. I'm very relieved.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,794 Member
    @aalley5 - glad he is home from hospital. Hugs

Good afternoon all; hope your day is going well. Kayla went to a new groomer, they did a great job. I also got my hair cut, very, very short. It rained quite a bit last night and this morning, but sun is out now and its 89 outside. The rain always cools the weather down. Tomorrow they are going to have (weather permitting), decorated golf club car parade here at the park. I saw some people have gone all out with decorations The decorations are patriotic. They are also having a pot luck. We aren't going to the pot luck. Don has a thing about eating other people's food that he doesn't know.
    Have a happy 4th those that celebrate
    1d90gu169gog.gif
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,048 Member
    Insight Timer Quote: The mind is like tofu. It tastes like whatever you marinate it in.—Sylvia Boorstein
    I AM: My mind is filled with peaceful and calming thoughts.
    Action for Happiness: Find something to look forward to today,
    Happy July 4th to those who celebrate.
    Pliability QOTD: Champions train, losers complain.—Unknown
    Day 185 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.08 miles yesterday.
    Work 7AM-noon so getting in my 45 min walk at work during truck unload, Overhead Press Day modified some for at home after work, Pliability: Padme this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    edited July 4
    Good morning everyone

aalley5: That is good that he got released from the hospital.
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: I went to unfold. Let no place in me hold itself closed, for where I am closed, I am false.—Rainer Maria Rilke
    I AM: I welcome all the wealth life has to offer me.
    Action for Happiness: Get the basics right: eat well, exercise and go to bed on time.
    Happy National Apple Turnover Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure.—Aisha Tyler
    Day 186 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 7.67 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 45 min walk before breakfast, Speed Deadlift Day in the gym after breakfast, Pliability: Ankles + Hips this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • aalley5
    Good morning!
    Out for our bicycle ride early this morning. Heat advisory for noon and beyond. A circuit workout video workout planned too.
    I've been trying to pick up my practice knitting blocks again. I started them last year before cancer diagnosis. I finally gave up when my fingers couldn't take the pain even with the cotton gloves I wore. I'm so thankful for the little things I may have taken granted for prior to having cancer.
    Have a great day everyone!

@macrat12 - way to go getting your workouts planned and done. Happy National Turnover day! It's always fun to see your posts! Enjoy your day!
    @patti241, yes, it's a big relief that my brother survived another surgery and on the way to recovery! Thank you for well wishes.
  • Patti241
    aalley5: You are welcome.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,358 Member
    I forget about posting on the general 5% group and mostly concentrate on my own 5% team. But I have friends in other teams, so (waving at them) I want to remember to post here, too. I'm sitting here at my computer, looking out over the Pacific Ocean and a sky with only a few scattered clouds. I only heard the local fireworks display last night and they were over by 9:00 so it wasn't too bad. Having lunch with a friend and working on a book proposal. Other than that, I think I'm beginning to enjoy retirement (mostly I've hated it). As always, I'm looking forward to the summer 5% challenge.
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 697 Member
    Grateful to be on the upside tick of healthier choices in both food and workout. I regret missing a lot of the chatter and recording a number of key deadlines to play catch-up. There's no excuse for failure. I have a commitment to make improvements in every aspect of my day to day living. My countenance and joy with my small groups has been a boost this week during a time when neighbors and people show a level of divisiveness with each other. I praise God for this upchange in spirit.

If I don't make the Summer team cut with so many of my long-time comrades, I hope all the teams have a terrific summer. Stay blessed with your friends and loved ones. Make a difference, one day at a time.

Our family bowling alley is taking a week or two in upgrades, so my granddaughter and I had a fun time feeding the chipmunks in a neighborhood park. So many walkers carry snacks to tame the critters.35rhusc0v9vh.jpg By the way, I love the upbeat motivational quotes snd statements posted here. Thank you, Macrat12!
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.—Nido Qubein
    I AM: I see the good in everyone.
    Action for Happiness: Pause, breathe and feel your feet firmly on the ground.
    Happy Kissing Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Champions keep playing until they get it right.—Billie Jean King
    Day 187 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.64 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in my 45 min walk before breakfast, Pliability: Full Spinal this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner/before church.
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Happy Hijri New Year to those who celebrate. May this year bring more opportunities to prosper and progress.—Insight Timer Team
    I AM: My work makes a difference in this world.
    Action for Happiness: Shift your mood by doing something you really enjoy.
    Happy National Strawberry Sundae Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: If you want to be the best, you have to do things that people aren’t willing to do.—Michael Phelps
    Day 188 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.96 miles yesterday.
    Off today so getting in 1 mile before breakfast, Pliability: Balanced Benders this afternoon and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • aalley5
    mrowiox5fn1q.jpeg
    Hello - I need to figure out some things.
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: Nobody deserves your tears, but whoever deserves them will not make you cry.—Gabriel Garcia Marquez
    I AM: I am strong and resilient.
    Action for Happiness: Avoid saying “must” or “should” to yourself today.
    Happy Chocolate with Almonds Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.—Pele
    Day 189 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.87 miles yesterday.
    Work noon-6PM so getting in 1 mile walk before breakfast, Active Recovery Cardio after breakfast, Pliability: Head to Toe before work and 60 min walk this afternoon at work.
  • Patti241
    Good morning everyone
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,794 Member
    Hi all happy Monday. I got my first postcard on my virtual walk North coast 500 (conqueror challenges)
    Here is link to info
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891931/joyces-walking-adventures#latest
  • macrat12
    Insight Timer Quote: It’s your road, and yours alone, others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.—Rumi
    I AM: I am learning to live a joyous life without judgment.
    Action for Happiness: Put a problem in perspective by seeing the bigger picture.
    Happy Sugar Cookie Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.—Winston Churchill
    Day 190 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 6.69 miles yesterday.
    Work 8AM-2PM so getting in my 1 mile walk at work, Chest/Triceps after work, Pliability: Quads + Hams and 60 min walk after dinner.
  • Patti241
    Good morning