Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,301 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slims!

I'm on vacation! We aren't going anywhere until Monday, and Rich is working today, but I'm off until the 24th. Today I have a BIG to-do list, which includes a lot of errands and cleaning.

I noticed that my brother was more active online yesterday, so I think he must be feeling better. He posted a picture of some flowers in his garden, so I know he went outside for part of the day. It was a beautiful day, and I'm sure the sunshine and fresh air made him feel somewhat better. His girlfriend was in Boston on Wednesday, but she is back home, and she will take care of him (at least to the extent that he will allow).

-Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW:175.7
    CW: 175.4

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 Your poor brother! I hope he gets some relief from the meds. That's a nice long vacation. I hope you get your to-dos done. I'm glad your brother seems to be doing better. That's good his girlfriend is home to take care of him.

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! Aw, poor Maggie! I'm glad you got her knee checked out again, that sounds like she would be in pain. Yeah, pets, they are expensive but we love them, right???

@Katmary71 LOL I said liver and onions, too (although I like COOKED onions!). I'm sorry you are still flared up. Big HUGS.

@laurelfit57 Yes! Ugh. They removed them though, so all should be good. Yes, I had to put my phone away and get out of that car pronto lol. Camping sounds fun! I hope you share some pics. :D I'm sorry about Ty getting bit. That is so irresponsible of that dog's owner not to try to get him, and maybe a dog like that shouldn't be in a group class anyway! Poor Ty!

ICE BREAKER QUESTION: Oreos wants to make the grossest cookie flavor ever. What flavor would you pick? Liver and onions. Hands down.

Hi all. I feel silly but I ordered a bug vacuum. I am terribly afraid of spiders and there has been a daddy long-leg spider in the shower stalking me! This morning, he was in the same place as he had been for days, and then when I got in the shower, he started coming towards me. I showered as quickly as I could and got out and by the time I dried off, he was by the towel rack! I couldn't take it, I sent him to his maker entombed in toilet paper! Ugh. That was the last straw. In other news, I am okay, I went to the dentist yesterday and got a cleaning. There may be a spot the hygienist is concerned about but he'll have the dentist check it out the next time I'm in.

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

wwt3p93nrit1.png
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    davors19

Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 269
    CW: 269
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

@TeresaW2024 Poor Maggie, I hope she is doing well soon. I also hope that the animal surgery hospital is going to be able to help her.

@trooworld Violet and Daisy are so cute.

@micaroo4 I am glad to see that your brother is doing better. I hope you enjoy your days off and have a nice vacation.

@Katmary71 I really hope you find relief soon. I know I don't have near the pain you have and I have days that I don't want to do much so I can only imagine.

@laurelfit57 I would have been shaken up too if that happen with Diesel. I am glad Ty is ok. Have a wonderful time camping.

For the Ice breaker ? I would have to agree with @Katmary71 on the liver flavor.🤮

Today we are having another meeting with a trainer for Diesel. Fingers crossed that this one will be able to help. I have been keeping up with walking every morning or at least getting my 7000+ steps a day. I am now also focusing on food choices. All seems to be going well. My time outdoors is going to be limited over the next few months as I am doing a chemo cream therapy for actinic keratoses (a precancerous skin condition). So sun exposure is limited. Not sure how this is going to affect my summer yet.
    Anyways I am off for now to get ready for our appt with Diesel's trainer🤞
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Katmary71 definitely wouldn’t be eating those Oreos! :D I hope you feel better soon and that the therapy treatment does its magic. <3

@laruelfit57 They will open up her knee and cut a deeper groove so that the kneecap will sit where it’s supposed to and not pop out. The recovery is 12 weeks, and I’m not looking forward to the cone of shame and keeping her tethered so she can’t run or jump for the first few weeks. :/ Ohhh, poor Ty! I’m sorry he got bitten, but the good news is that no damage was done. Have fun camping! :)

@micaroo4 I’m glad your brother seems to be much better, and his girlfriend is back to help care for him. Have fun on vacation! :)

@trooworld, I don’t think you are silly at all for getting a bug vacuum, and I need to check in about getting one for myself! Joe used to take care of the bugs that got in the house, but since he has become so frail, I have no choice but to man up and get the job done. I keep bug spray in multiple places in my house and douse my doorways at least once a month in the summer. And I actually like liver and onions but probably not mixed with Oreos. :D

@txcritter69 I hope goes well with Diesel’s trainer. I’m sorry you are having to limit your sun exposure as you go through the chemotherapy. Just do a lot of walking indoors. :)

Good morning! Not too much going on today. I did my workout, which was upper body, and I pushed myself a little extra hard. Then I had to attempt to wash my hair. :# For dinner I’m making baked taco chimichangas with a white queso sauce. No real recipe other than what lives in my head. I don’t cook for my mom and sister most nights but about once a week, I like to make a meal for us all, and we all love Mexican. Maggie seems to feel better and did really well eating all her food yesterday. She was very insistent that she get her treats, so I took one of the little chewy ones she likes and tore it into tiny pieces. That seemed to satisfy her. :)

Thursday Ice Breaker Question

Oreos wants to make the grossest cookie flavor ever. What flavor would you pick?

Brunt Cauliflower Oreos
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 672 Member
    edited June 14
    Options
    Lislisa123

Weigh-in Day: Friday
    PW: 325.8lbs
    CW: 325.4lbs

• lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 672 Member
    edited June 14
    Options

I wasn't sure if it was possible to lose the water weight gained from Sunday's eating but I worked my butt off doing intense workout videos every night, watched my food intake, and drank lots of water to flush out all the salt in my system, and it worked! Not only did I lose the 3.6lbs gained, but I lost an additional 4oz. I'm tired but relieved. Thanks to the peps giving the support. I'm just glad I was able to lose for the weight loss challenge instead of gaining. 😌

@Katmary71 Thanks, I have a good variety of workout videos to pick from already. However, if you know a good one that is easy on the knees, has no groundwork, and burns 800 calories plus, I'm all ears. Lol. I've been doing a GrowwithJo video lately that burns 800 calories, She kicks your butt. I also recently found a Mybodyfiit video that burns 1,000 calories supposedly.

@trooworld Thanks for the suggestion, I actually have her 5k walk with a twist video that I use sometimes.
  • maryirisfroehlich
    maryirisfroehlich Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Maryirisfroehlich

Weigh in Day: Friday
    PW: 211.4
    CW: 210.1
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question

Oreos wants to make the grossest cookie flavor ever. What flavor would you pick?

Watermelon
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Pickles
  • micaroo4
    Options
    My brother just called to let me know that he's getting scanned and x-rayd again. I'm not sure what prompted that, or if he's going to a different medical facility for this second set of tests, but he'll let me know the results when he gets back.
    -Mica
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 391 Member
    edited June 14
    Options
    littlebabekitty

Weigh in Day: Sunday 
    SW:220
    PW: 196.6
    CW: 195.6

- 1lb

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,755 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @rjv230 @Jactop @reshii_devi @bark2j5 @sunflowerhippi
    Tomorrow Weigh in reminder for the following: @854jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110 @tammymmccrady6278 @annachangesagain

Hi gang, neighbor's coming over for dinner so I need to get it going, I'll try to be back and post more in a bit. Thanks for all the well-wishes, I think I'm starting to come out of it thank goodness but still having 8-10 pain levels, grrr. The farm box I have is old and it's make the recipe tonight or throw stuff away and my neighbor was curious about the Ethiopian cabbage so I invited her over.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    So let me try this again. I went to a concert with my daughter this evening. It was Magdalene Rose, Joseph O'Brien and Seventh Day Slumber. I will post pictures later as I cannot post them in the community on the app.
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 128.1
    CW: 128.5

My maintenance range is 127-133; I'm within my range.

Good morning Slims!
    My brother said the scans showed that brain bleed has stopped. They told him he just needs time. Head injuries take time, and sometimes even with time, the symptoms continue. I have a friend who had a fall 3 years ago. Although she is able to work full time, when she gets home every night she's using ice packs and/or heating pad on the site of the injury, and get gets massage therapy for it a couple of times a week. I also have a neighbor who was in a car accident 2 years ago and had a head injury; now she can't work full time and really can't do what she used to do before. She's lost a lot of vocabulary. She can still speak and write, so you might not realize it in regular conversation, but she was a nurse and it's definitely a problem if you can't remember the medical terminology. So far, I haven't noticed that my brother has lost any cognitive abilities or behavioral changes. He's just dealing with vertigo and pain, and he's not good at dealing with pain. My biggest concern is that no one seems to be addressing why he fell in the first place. I still suspect he was sleep walking, related to the sleep medication that he took. And he's' still sleeping upstairs, in a house where the bathroom is downstairs, and he lives alone. So I'm worried about what's in store for him in the future if he doesn't make some changes.
    My brother seems to get hurt or sick all the time. All.The.Time. He no sooner gets over one thing, when it'll be something else. I don't think he goes 6 weeks without having an illness or injury that sends him running off to the doctor or the ER. I wonder if the frequency of his ER visits cause them to take him less seriously.
    -Mica
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 190
    CW 186.6

Well I’m finally back on track! These last few weeks I have not been behaving at all. I have been so ashamed of myself that I haven’t been on here at all. The only thing I did do I’d post my weight. It has been so hard to get back into a good frame of mind about my eating. But the last two days have been so much better. I still haven’t been tracking meals but today is the day I do. I earned my three year badge here on mfp but feel as though I don’t deserve it cuz I have been back sliding so much lately. And it’s not even the eating during the day. I’m really good there. It’s the after supper *kitten*. And the eating out. The only good thing is that I’m recognizing it and am now willing to do something about it. I only have 15 pounds to go to make my goal and I know if I just put my mind to it I can do it. Well and follow my community here and track my intake honestly. Today’s weight shows me I can. Well enough of the negativity and on with just being positive in my thinking right. Today will be a good day!
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Article: 15 Tips on how to be more motivated in the morning:
    https://www.wellingtonplace.co.uk/blog/15-tips-on-how-to-be-more-motivated-in-the-morning/
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 211.4
    Today’s Weight: 213.4
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 128.1
    CW: 128.5

My maintenance range is 127-133; I'm within my range.

Good morning Slims!
    My brother said the scans showed that brain bleed has stopped. They told him he just needs time. Head injuries take time, and sometimes even with time, the symptoms continue. I have a friend who had a fall 3 years ago. Although she is able to work full time, when she gets home every night she's using ice packs and/or heating pad on the site of the injury, and get gets massage therapy for it a couple of times a week. I also have a neighbor who was in a car accident 2 years ago and had a head injury; now she can't work full time and really can't do what she used to do before. She's lost a lot of vocabulary. She can still speak and write, so you might not realize it in regular conversation, but she was a nurse and it's definitely a problem if you can't remember the medical terminology. So far, I haven't noticed that my brother has lost any cognitive abilities or behavioral changes. He's just dealing with vertigo and pain, and he's not good at dealing with pain. My biggest concern is that no one seems to be addressing why he fell in the first place. I still suspect he was sleep walking, related to the sleep medication that he took. And he's' still sleeping upstairs, in a house where the bathroom is downstairs, and he lives alone. So I'm worried about what's in store for him in the future if he doesn't make some changes.
    My brother seems to get hurt or sick all the time. All.The.Time. He no sooner gets over one thing, when it'll be something else. I don't think he goes 6 weeks without having an illness or injury that sends him running off to the doctor or the ER. I wonder if the frequency of his ER visits cause them to take him less seriously.
    -Mica

I hope they find the underlying cause for your brothers issues. Sounds like something is going on and may need a new doctor. They may take him less seriously but they really shouldn’t. The ER did that with my late grandpa when he had stomach pain. All they needed to do was imaging and they would have found the cancer. But unfortunately by the time a new doctor he saw found it, it was too late.
This discussion has been closed.