SUMMER COUNTDOWN GOALS!

Options

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,992 Member
    Options
    Making this a fruit and veggie forward weekend here.
    Make the right choices and you'll be SO proud when your head hits the pillow.

and... we don't have to look far off to see where NOT eating healthy takes us. Just look at your parents (mine too). Heart blockages, diabetes, high cholesterol, blood pressure. ALL signs of inflammation and eating ultra processed foods. I really believe that .

My mom was admitted last night for a heart attack. they caught it in time, but shes in the hospital for several days. We will be driving up tomorrow/ and finishing the drive sunday to NW Iowa (we are there working remote for 2 weeks to visit family.) I guess that's Gods timing & we are thankful.

My bicep/arm is still weak... cardio workouts continue. Maybe a body weight leg day tomorrow. I should look into a QUADs workout and a Thigh/glute one as it would take up a couple days. Might get in a jog while there also.

@CeeBeeSlim google: Slippery elm may help people with constipation due to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), one small study showed. More research is needed. Some people also use slippery elm powder in water to soothe heartburn and mild stomach discomfort.

I do really good with my bowel movements when I get in a TON of plants .... going non-meat for a couple days is so *happy* digestive wise. :wink: :wink:
  • Natalia_A20
    Natalia_A20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I want to see if I can lose 5 kilos by August. I'm counting calories and I'm being really consistent. What's hard for me is going to the gym, not going to lie. My goal was 3 days a week but I usually do 2
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Friday
    Workout: 8 mile run, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.4lbs
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Corinthians 13) ******
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily****
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) ******
    4. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.**
    5. Spend 30 min with a friend (I've gotten antisocial. Life is about relationships!)***

I'm annoyed about some situations. I want to cry, I am angry at myself.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Sherry,
    I'm sad to hear about your mother! *hugs*
  • ScienceofTeaching
    ScienceofTeaching Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope that everyone has been doing well! Stopped using MFP sometime in April when things got crazy at work... My usual pattern.
    Just got back from my 3 year late honeymoon (micro wedding during covid, so we delayed our honeymoon... and then just kept procrastinating on planning one), driving across the country for 3 weeks. Ate lots of junk food, but also was very active. We got close to 20k steps a lot of the days that we were gone, and we did some really intense hikes.
    Now that I'm back at home, I need to keep up the activity, but also start thinking again about what I'm putting into my body. Our refrigerator broke 3 days before we left for the trip, so we had to throw away everything that had been in it. It's still empty, so I'll be going shopping to refill it and the freezer today. I'm going to have to try to make good choices in the grocery store.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    So so sorry to hear about your mom @SherryRueter but happy to hear they caught it in time. I’m limiting my meat intake as well - increasing my veggies (gotta work on the fruit) - and successful with my water intake.

Welcome back @ScienceofTeaching! Hope you had a great time on your honeymoon!

Road trip next week back home. Feeling motivated and disciplined to keep up the good habits. Just. Have. To. Make. Them. HABITS!!!
  • justgirl81
    edited June 30
    Options
    Saturday
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

This Week's Daily Goals
    (asterisk * for each day accomplished. 7 possible; goal is at least 5 asterisks for each goal.)
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Corinthians 14) *******
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily****
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) *******
    5. Spend 30 min with a friend (I've gotten antisocial. Life is about relationships!)****

Slippery Elm I think made me worse. Trying yet another probiotic.
  • justgirl81
    edited July 1
    Options
    Sunday
    Weigh In: 108.8lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Corinthians 15) *
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) *
    4. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.
    5. Spend 30 min with a friend (I've gotten antisocial. Life is about relationships!)*

Oh my gosh!!! That new probiotic did NOT agree with me. Major backup, bloat, discomfort.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Justagirl81 - oh no! I hope you find the right thing for you.

Mom is doing okay -still in the hosp. I hope they keep her a couple more days.
    So we are driving between towns most of the time. Pick up my brother, 20 mins.
    drive to my mother in laws -20mins. Drive to see mom in the hosp 45 mins.

Oh - and my siste in law passed away on Saturday morning.

So I have not worked out -but I am watching my fruits and veggies and gonna try my hardest to just eat them because they do not cause me issues. And the last thing I need right now is more things to worry about - like being bloated or backed up. SO I know they aren't gonna like me saying"NO" but thats not my problem.

I pray for a buble of protection for my mom, that no bad things happen. THat god lifts her up into healing and gives her strength. A bubble of HIS protection to keep away all evil from my family, loved ones and friends. (I've often used a bubble of protection in my prayers, I like the visual of it and it brings me peace).

I have to go.
    Wish I could talk longer.

LEts DO THIS ladies!!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Just said a prayer for you and your mom @SherryRueter. Feeling stressed myself - off to doc with my mom. Not sure what kind of stress makes me overeat and others make me lose my appetite. I think I lose my appetite - like now - in my higher stress days Mini-stressors vs major-stressors. Sigh!

Road trip later in the week back home. Still doing well with the nutrition.

Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law @SherryRueter. And hope you find a probiotic that works @justgirl81.

Happy July Everyone!
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Monday

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (1 Corinthians 16) **
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) **
    4. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.*
    5. Spend 30 min with a friend (I've gotten antisocial. Life is about relationships!)**

• SherryRueter
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim : thank you for your prayers. I really appreciate it.
    I'm sorry to hear of your stress as well, you deal with that a lot. Could it be a mindset thats driving you to overeat? Maybe some days your mind is "ON" and you say, I'm not gonna. THen other days you just say "to hell with it".

Presently mine is at, I don't need any more stressers right now. A sick tummy will do me no good. My mind needs focus on this & not on food. My husband seems to understand - my inlaws think i'm "too skinny" like you. But again .... I am taking care of MYSELF . This is MY SELF CARE - to feed myself appropriately. Eating greasy, snacky, sugary foods is only going to give me a tummy ache.

@ceebee slim - yay on "Still doing well with the nutrition."

@justgirl81 : What about increasing fruits & greens? would the pre-biotic effect be helpful as well? My Thyroid dr. recommends I take in more real, whole foods because "your body knows what to do with them." If I remember right, you're a pro on nutrition - so I doubt I can help at all. Nice job on your daily readings. You must be starting the day with it.

I worked out this morning - 25 mins of lower, bodyweight moves. Not super intense but, a lot of iso metrics I guess. It was nice and, i'm not stressed about it because I know that my nutrition is in check. I'm feeling like I'm having mental wins as well as physical/body wins. I simply told myself, "eating sugar and greasy foods is not going to make me feel better. I need my energy and focus to be on the other things in life." and don't we all.

• justgirl81
    Options
    Tuesday

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (2 Corinthians 1) ***
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily*
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) ***
    4. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.*
    5. Spend 30 min with a friend (I've gotten antisocial. Life is about relationships!)***

Great time with the girls tonight. God is so good!
  • justgirl81
    Options
    @SherryRueter I take in over 20 servings of vegetables per day. Raw spinach, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, etc. The bulk of my nutrition. I follow basically pescetarian paleo. Veggies, fruit, fish and healthy fats.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @justagirl81 wowza! okay - so weird that you have constipation. RIGHT??!?!?!

How long have you been doing this high nutrition style?

25 minute run (*watch said 8:50 pace* I did walk/run/walk/run)
    without pain in my piriformis or hamstrings. Such a great peaceful time.

Nutrition for me feels solid, as I work on making whole foods a lifestyle.
    I'm feeling good the past week about my daily choices and grabbing fruit and veggies - little desire for other ultra processed foods. Its been no issue to say no thanks, the desire is very weak.

Mom update: yesterday seemed to be a pivotal day, her blood pressure stabilized into the 122/70 range and she was removed from all IV. Her energy improved and her Urine number started to head to the normal range. We are looking at a swing bed arrangement occuring on Friday (to be confirmed today).

Sister in law's funeral arrangements have not been even thought of yet as we navigate thru mom, and on her side they navigate thru her father's cancer. I"m not sure if they will do a funeral while we are here, or if it will be months away to see if the father can attend. Meanwhile, I'm going to see if my brother thinks he would want grief counseling - maybe thru a church group or a pastor. He seems to be very weary(?) the evening hours (and understandably so) . I know grief counseling of some sort helps so many people.

Dang - yeah - a lot on my mind and plate.

So proud to say that my Daughter commits to getting daily workouts in as it is the ONE time that you can have some peace of mind and not think about everything else going on.

I wish I had less to say.
    If you're still reading, thank you.
    If you're not, I understand that too.

Catch ya tomorrow.
    Sherry
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Wednesday
    Weigh In: 109.4lbs (so backed up. *sob*)

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (2 Corinthians 2) ****
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily**
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) ***
    5. Spend 30 min with a friend (I've gotten antisocial. Life is about relationships!)****

I don't know what's going on with my stomach.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Sending love Sherry <3
  • SherryRueter
    edited July 4
    Options
    Thanks @justagirl83

I hope you figure it out …sending prayers that it’s soon. That’s rough.
  • justgirl81
    edited 4:05AM
    Options
    Thursday
    Weigh In: 107.9 lbs

This Week's Daily Goals
    1. Read Bible New Testament 1 chap/day. (2 Corinthians 3) *****
    2. Nutrition level Good or Acceptable daily**
    3. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p) ****
    4. Taper down to two "poison garbage cancer wrinkle sticks" per day.***
    5. Spend 30 min with a friend (I've gotten antisocial. Life is about relationships!)*****

I started, yet another, new probiotic. Also quit the magnesium. I'm feeling a bit better today. Too soon to tell if it will last. Either way, God has been SOOOO Good to me. Feeling very blessed to have the love and kindness of family and friends. I praise Lord Jesus and Heavenly Father God for their AWESOME love! <3:)
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Thanks @justagirl83

I hope you figure it out …sending prayers that it’s soon. That’s rough.

I appreciate your prayers and kindness Sherry! <3