Saturday weigh in
    PW 229.2
    CW 229.2
    LTD 38.8
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 593 Member
    @ganival 1gr/lb would be a lot of protein

A weight loss and metabolic doctor I saw set mine at 120-188g
    That’s .5-.8 gr/lb his preference is to keep it close to .8 gr / lb when you have a lot of weight to lose or are trying to build muscle.

I also can’t stand cottage cheese. I eat a lot of Greek yogurt, eggs, cheese and chicken. When I don’t have enough protein I make a protein shake using protein powder, water and frozen mixed fruit.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,416 Member
    Steps
    7/24 6,001
    7/25 8,071
    7/26 4,716
  • LaurieWrobo
    @Pupowl Hope you are doing OK haven't heard from you 🥰
  • LaurieWrobo
    @jessicakrall8 Great weekend my youngest son is in town until Tuesday from GA spending time he's helping paint our hallway and getting lots of golf in with my husband
    I'll be a grandma any day now!!
    Other than that cleaning laundry, etc
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,916 Member
    @LaurieWrobo Thank you for checking in! I am doing fine. I will explain in a new post.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,433 Member
    @jessicakrall8 Great weekend my youngest son is in town until Tuesday from GA spending time he's helping paint our hallway and getting lots of golf in with my husband
    I'll be a grandma any day now!!
    Other than that cleaning laundry, etc

@LaurieWrobo How exciting!! You're on baby watch, huh?!! CONGRATS!!!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Pupowl wrote: »
    I was planning to write a post about it earlier, so I guess I will do that now. This isn't aimed at anyone at all of course, just my personal feeling. I haven't really checked in with the group here because I don't feel it matters very much. There is little interaction going on in the group and I feel it has gotten worse since we lost the newsfeed. It started to feel like I was talking to myself and I didn't get much out of it. Writing a post every day takes time and I don't feel like putting that in anymore. I have been thinking about other ways to get some encouragement or something, but I am not really sure where to look for it. If I could afford it, I would go back to the gym. But life just keeps getting more expensive and I want to prioritize saving money for now.
    I have started making tiny daily vlogs on a new youtube account I created as a way to 'journal' and in the hopes it would help keep me accountable since I am talking to the whole internet. Although nobody is watching them as of now, I do enjoy making them. Since it is just a few minutes of talking to the camera (I don't show my face), it doesn't take a lot of time. Hearing yourself back is really weird though.

I think part of the 'problem' is that I am on support and not weighing in for the group. It is possible I will go back to being more active here once get my groove back and I am back to weekly weigh ins, but for now, it just feels a little pointless. I might also just post some pictures instead of writing since that takes less time, but I am not sure yet. Anyway, I am still around and still reading posts every day, just quiet myself. Again, I am not 'blaming' anyone in the group for this. I understand we all have our own lives. This is just how I am feeling about it at the moment.

@pupowl I just thought things were slowing down because kids are out of school and everyone is busy with vacations and such...I try to answer back when I can, but my schedule has been wonky lately with our move to the new building where I work and dedication celebrations...Monday we have a ton of dignitaries from outside of the US coming from international headquarters, and locally we have the Governor of the state, mayor of the city, news crews, blah, blah, blah coming...so getting ready for that has taken a lot of my time and focus. Never, NEVER doubt your worth within this team...I for one LOVE reading your daily posts...especially your pictures and stories about Tinus...I'm sorry if you've felt slighted. Also, I agree about the weigh ins and I'm currently in the same boat. Trying to get my head on straight and get back to the work...taking it in baby steps...haven't faltered with my exercise, but nutrition has been my downfall...getting better though.

I saw all of that to say...if posting the links to your daily vlogs is easier and you want to share them...post the links...and those can be your daily posts...if it's not something you want to share with this group because it's for another source, then I get it...but don't even think no one is reading your posts and caring about them (and you)...I certainly do. I'll try to pay more attention...

Love you bunches and bunches like bananas!!!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    The July Week 5 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jul 28th and will run through next Saturday, Aug 3rd. Please join us for the 7 Day Lose Belly Fat Challenge! Below is your link.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10920757/july-week-5-group-challenge-7-day-lose-belly-fat-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Angmarie28
    Fridays
    Prev weight-183.6
    Current weight-187.6

Not sure what my weight is doing, ugh
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,861 Member
    7/19-9,322
    7/20-10,712
    7/21-12,678
    7/22-14,617
    7/23-12,682
    7/24-12,963
    7/25-10,751
    7/26-11,546

Sorry i got behind. Been working everyday. Have had only 1 day off in 3 weeks.
  • jessicakrall8
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    7/19-9,322
    7/20-10,712
    7/21-12,678
    7/22-14,617
    7/23-12,682
    7/24-12,963
    7/25-10,751
    7/26-11,546

Sorry i got behind. Been working everyday. Have had only 1 day off in 3 weeks.

@angmarie28
    No worries...you've had a tough few months, so I was considering all of that before sending you a reminder. Thanks for catching up. My work schedule has been insane with all the recent move and changes...I'm looking forward to a week off at the end of Aug...it can't come soon enough, so I can relate. Hang in there!!
    Jessica
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,839 Member
    @pupowl, I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing your photos. You're definitely not just talking to yourself. I'm sure lots of others enjoy your posts as well. I confess I'm not too good at responding to posts. Maybe I can get better.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,839 Member
    Heads up, Garmin users. I just happened to learn this today. In honor of the Olympics, Garmin has introduced a few challenges that run from July 26th to August 11th. There are challenges for running, cycling, swimming and strength training. You can read about them here:
    https://blog.garminbadges.com/2024/07/august-2024-challenges-and-badges.html

That page also mentions all the upcoming challenges for August, but those won't appear in Garmin Connect for a few more days. When they do, be sure to check out the challenge named Therabody Sleep Challenge. That's something we can all do pretty easily. 😂
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,916 Member

@pupowl I just thought things were slowing down because kids are out of school and everyone is busy with vacations and such...I try to answer back when I can, but my schedule has been wonky lately with our move to the new building where I work and dedication celebrations...Monday we have a ton of dignitaries from outside of the US coming from international headquarters, and locally we have the Governor of the state, mayor of the city, news crews, blah, blah, blah coming...so getting ready for that has taken a lot of my time and focus. Never, NEVER doubt your worth within this team...I for one LOVE reading your daily posts...especially your pictures and stories about Tinus...I'm sorry if you've felt slighted. Also, I agree about the weigh ins and I'm currently in the same boat. Trying to get my head on straight and get back to the work...taking it in baby steps...haven't faltered with my exercise, but nutrition has been my downfall...getting better though.

I saw all of that to say...if posting the links to your daily vlogs is easier and you want to share them...post the links...and those can be your daily posts...if it's not something you want to share with this group because it's for another source, then I get it...but don't even think no one is reading your posts and caring about them (and you)...I certainly do. I'll try to pay more attention...

Love you bunches and bunches like bananas!!!

@jessicakrall8 It is also possible that is why it has gotten quiet. Though we did lose a bunch of people after the newsfeed went away. Anyway, I don't want anyone to feel bad for not replying or something, that is not why I made my post. I just wanted to explain why I have been quiet lately and this is simply how I am feeling at the moment. Nobody is doing anything wrong and I don't feel slighted. We all use the group in different ways and that is totally fine! Maybe I am just in a bit of a slump right now and I will be back to posting in a little bit, I guess we will see. I hope things will quiet down at work for you soon and that we can both get back on track with our food. I will think about what I want to share here, the videos feel very cringe, lol. Thank you for the nice words. <3
    @frankwbrown Thank you, I appreciate it! Please don't feel pressured to reply. As I said above, there is no wrong way to use this group. Just do what you are comfortable with.

This discussion has been closed.