micaroo4 Posts: 3,975 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - (((Hugs))) 🫂
    -Mica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 7,008 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    WEIGH INS DUE NOW
    :@littlebabekitty @Karlo7428 @FoxyMoxie04 @bethanie0825
    Reminder to Weigh In Tomorrow to the Following: @865jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110 @tammymccrady6278 @annachangesagain
  • Katmary71
    @Cornanda Oh boy your MIL sounds very challenging, good for you for speaking up! So if instead of doing something tomorrow what if you had a smaller treat so you're having less than usual? I've been trying to do that lately. I'm glad to hear your hip is doing a little better! I was thinking of what Teresa mentioned about A1C and being concerned about diabetes, maybe she'd be less offended then? With my parents they're diabetic too but fine taking medicine though I'm still frowned at if I say I don't eat something to stay off medication.

@trooworld That Oriental Cabbe Salad looks delicious! I hope the headache stays away today.

@txcritter69 I had to Google the Starmark collar. Those are challenging menus/places to eat, good luck! Are you planning to eat something healthy or not worry about it? I hope the sodium isn't too bad.

@TeresaW2024 Do you like wraps? Yvonne has this handout she shows of how 85% of chronic illnesses fall into four categories of issues and that helps decide what to take. As a base a good mineral and vitamin supplement is recommended (she likes Youngevity and Zurvita) to help your body repair, she was explaining yesterday once you have the 90 essentials to repair your tissue can start healing but the way we're eating we aren't even getting the basic minerals for our bodies to function. I take the Tangerine and Beyond Osteo of these (my weak area is hard bone so I take the bone supplement): https://youngevity.com/us_en/health-nutrition/90-for-life.html The company is an MLM but since a lot of vitamins are made by drug manufacturers I'm not as worried about MLMs anymore. \

@vegan4lyfe2012 Hugs and prayers, I hope Hunter and Michael find a place soon.

Hi friends! Got a good night's sleep and got into my backup pack of steroids, for a change they're already helping which I'm very grateful for. We (the charity) got a Uhaul for getting everything to the venue tomorrow for the Salsa Cookoff and I was one of four that helped load it earlier. I'll be at the cash table and am going a little later than all the people setting up. I've been resting and cooking around loading the truck and am looking forward to tomorrow a lot more now that I'm feeling a little better.

Have a great Saturday!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 207.4
    Today’s Weight: 207.2
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,594 Member
    @txcritter69 Oh that's so good. When Gracie was in the yard, did Kellie have you treat Diesel when he looked at you and keep treating him to hold his attention? I'm curious, as that is a problem I have too with one of my dogs. I'm glad the starmark collar helped. I hope the scale doesn't whammy you too badly on Sunday. Enjoy the celebrations! Oh, and thanks for the anniversary well wishes!

@TeresaW2024 I'm glad to hear she's doing better. Yeah the migraines are particularly bad this summer. :( The salad was good! I used to love wearing makeup, I wore it every day, but when I got married and got comfortable, I stopped wearing it. I'm too lazy lol. I do love it though. Have a great day!

@maryirisfroehlich You had a week of birthday celebrations and still lost, wow, you are incredible!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm so sorry, Jennifer. Didn't Hunter and Michael break up? Or am I confusing stuff? Can you co-sign so you can get Hunter out of your place? I'm hoping your depression lifts soon. Big HUGS.

@Lislisa123 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Thank you! I'm glad you got some sleep and are doing a bit better. I hope the cookoff goes well.

Hi all. My mini-headache yesterday didn't turn into a migraine, so I am thankful. I did a little bit of cleaning up around here so that felt nice. Little things. This morning, I am going to meet a friend at a municipal pool for water aerobics. I'm glad she's going with me, it will take most of the anxiety away from it. When I get back from that, my DH and I are going to go to Little Italy and walk around. Hopefully, we will catch the tale-end of the farmer's market. I want to get some bread to go with dinner: I am making the first meal I ever made for him in honor of our anniversary, spaghetti and meatballs. Before dinner, I am going to the Silent Book Club in-person meeting. We talk about whatever book we are reading (we don't read the same book as each other) for about 30 mins and then read silently (whatever book we want) for the rest of the time. It's going to be a busy but fun day.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 4,007 Member
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 209
    Today’s Weight: 210
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 718 Member
    edited August 17
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question
    If you met someone that wanted advice on how to lose weight what would be something you would say to them?

My advise would be to NOT listen to unsolicited advise. This question made me think back to all the stupid, insulting, condescending, unhelpful, untrue, unproven and unsolicited advice I’ve received over the years from people who assume weight loss is as simple and uncomplicated as calories in vs calories out. Do I sound a little bitter lol?

This question is harder to answer than I thought. There are so many components to weight loss it’s hard to narrow it down to one piece of advise so I think I’d say figure out what works and do it consistently
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 125 Member
    Weigh in day- Saturday
    PW- 255.4
    CW- 254.6
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,479 Member
    Hey Y'all! The August Week 3 Group Challenge is our famous Partner-Up Walking Challenge, so please find your partner and join us this week for a great time of exercise, laughter and fun!!! This time there's an added bonus as a surprise! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10922057/august-week-3-group-challenge-partner-walk-in-august-challenge/p1?new=1

Pop in, read the rules, find your partner, create your team name and let's get moving! See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 259.4
    CW - 260

I forgot to weigh before work yesterday so I grabbed it this morning and darn near forgot to enter it.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,975 Member
    @AmbersWay - do you want to be my partner for this step challenge?
    -Mica
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Looks like a partner step challenge. If somebody wants to partner holler, I'm willing.
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @littlebabekitty @Karlo7428 @FoxyMoxie04 @tammymccrady6278 @annachangesagain
    Reminder to the following to Weigh in Tomorrow: @19shmoo69 @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 @littlebabekitty @laurelfit57

@19shmoo69 If you want to be partners I'll translate my chair cardio into steps. You in? I've been slacking on cardio maybe I'll do a combo of walking the neighborhood and chair cardio to shake things up.
  • Katmary71
    @trooworld Thank you! That's great news on the headache not being a migraine yesterday! Having a friend go with you to water aerobics is perfect, hope you had fun. Have a wonderful anniversary!

@19shmoo69 Good evening!

@Jactop That's true there IS a lot of ridiculous advice. I felt a little stuck there too answering it.

@bethanie0825 Glad you got the weigh in logged!

Hi team! The Salsa Cookoff went very well it was twice as big as last year's. My brother and SIL came and the practitioner I work for and her husband came and I didn't know any of them were so it meant a lot to me. My neighbor came and helped too. It's our main fundraiser so I'm really happy it went well! Not much else going on I discovered the sprinkler controls SAY it's working but it's not, the front lawn is almost dead so I'm a little freaked out and have my Dad coming by tomorrow to help me with it. Have a great night and happy Sunday friends.
  • 19shmoo69
    @Katmary71 now we need a team name.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,594 Member
    @Jactop That question was difficult to answer. And you had a good answer!

@865jessica Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Thank you! That's good the salsa cookoff went well. That's really nice that your family came and so did the practitioner.

@19shmoo69 Good morning and congrats on the loss!

Hi all. Best laid plans, right? Nothing on the agenda happened besides spaghetti and meatballs! Went grocery shopping in the morning and then met my friend at the pool: the pool was closed (they changed their water aerobics schedule to the fall schedule). We went to a coffee shop. Came home, and DH had just gotten home from walking over 20,000 steps at the zoo so he wanted to rest before heading out. The farmer's market was only until 2 pm, so that was out. We went to the wealthy part of town, La Jolla, to go to a good bookstore and we got a loaf of bread for dinner at a bakery. Then we went back to near our house and went to coffee. Stopped for a drink somewhere. Came home. I did not go out to the silent book club meeting as my husband wanted me to spend time with him. When we got home, Violet's eye was bothering her again (we had taken her to the vet on Weds, they said she had dry eyes from allergies. I called the vet yesterday morning because she didn't seem like she was better and that the medication was making her worse so I picked up a different medication). She seems super squinty in one of her eyes, I think it may be an ulcer, so unless she is better when she wakes up, we will likely be going to the urgent care vet today as eye ulcers can go downhill quickly.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 263 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I hope you get your home back soon! Until then, try to find a quiet corner in your home and make it off-limits to everyone else. <3

@Katmary71 Thanks for the link for the supplements. I will look into it, as I’ve wanted better quality that will work. I’m glad the Salsa Cookoff went well and how nice that your family and the practitioner came out to support the cause. I hope your dad can fix the sprinkler. I had stopped our weed care last year, which was a huge mistake, and brought it back this year, but it has made my yard look like crap. Hopefully, next year, we will be back in the green. :)

@megnolia82 Waist:height ratio is such a better way to track your progress than BMI, which has already been proven not to be a good indicator for health. :)

@trooworld I have gone from wearing so much makeup to being super diligent with my skincare routine. All those years I would go to bed with makeup on. Yikes!! It's a bummer about the pool being closed. Oh, poor Violet! I hope her eye heals up and it’s not something more serious. Happy anniversary!! :)

Good morning! We have church this morning, and then I need to put in my Walmart order for groceries. I am loving having groceries brought to my house. Why did I wait so long!! Not much else going on. My niece gets free money to use at the farmer’s market, and she can’t eat that much produce, so she brought me a bunch of stuff yesterday. Yesterday, we had fresh corn on the cob, and today, I’m using the sweet potatoes to make fries to go with our fish filets. Yummy! :)
  • Katmary71
    @19shmoo69 I'll let you come up with it!
  • 19shmoo69
    Katmary71 wrote: »

The Chair and Couch Combo
  • Katmary71
    19shmoo69 wrote: »

I take it you're the couch? I'm good with it.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 718 Member
    Does anyone want to partner with me for the step challenge this week?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 wrote: »

I take it you're the couch? I'm good with it.

You got it. Lol. You share how you do chair exercises and I, well, I sit on the couch quite a bit.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,528 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    1lg9k0bh3h2i.png
    1pwd8wc0zixj.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    9zbrtjrx6d4r.png

By Pounds
    yrfr9lns4477.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    30wuyk3mekf9.png

By Pounds
    bk41ywpzuk1x.png
    7f4irs7rrfzq.png

Team Winners
    mfb4qih9myuk.png
    Percentage of Members in the Green!
    8q88or52wmfv.png
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 @littlebabekitty @laurelfit57
    Reminder to Weigh in Tomorrow To The Following: @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @Jactop

Go @Jactop in 1st place of the entire Fat2Fit as top winner!

@megnolia82 @lisalisa123 Awesome job top winners!

Mission Slimpossibles in 3rd place and 2nd highest of members in the green, you all are rocking it!
  • Katmary71
    @TeresaW2024 You're welcome. Thanks! It turned out I'd accidentally turned off water to one side of the house, my brother and nephew came by and looked at it last night. Oh no hope your hard is on track to look beautiful next year! Very nice of your niece to share the produce enjoy those sweet potato fries!

@megnolia82 Wow that's an awesome difference in your waist, congratulations!

@trooworld Books and bread sound awesome! That stinks on the pool I was looking forward to hearing how much fun you had. I hope Violet gets in fast and is feeling better soon.

Hi team! I got in a workout and a lot of gardening today, feels good to have that done. I met my Dad for coffee and brought him some vitamin/mineral supplements to try, he's having a hard time with IBS and I'm hoping it will help. Not much else going on I have some HOA stuff to do and some work then bathtub. I'm attending a webinar in an hour, forgot what it's about but I know Joe Dispensa was one of the speakers. Have a great night and happy Monday!
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 288 Member
    Weigh In Sunday: Aug 18
    SW 175
    PW 168
    CW 168.6
This discussion has been closed.