Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - September 2024

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,452 Member
    @micaroo4 I also have sleep issues, mine is that I wake up like 4-5 times a night. I've also tried everything, including prescriptions. My doctor also just shrugs. Very frustrating, isn't it? I hope the stretching and colder weather helps you. I'm glad you slept well last night. I hope Rich doesn't have COVID. A craft fair sounds fun! You'll have to share what you buy, if you buy anything.

@Katmary71 I don't know what happened to them: maybe it's because I've been around for 20+ years now, maybe they matured, but they were actually very nice to me yesterday! The party was really nice. It was wonderful to be around a family and to be around a family that loves each other, which is not something I grew up in. I would probably also jump into a ceiling fan lol. Yes, I freaked out when I saw him bending our book! That was the last straw lol. Ugh that's too hot. At his cousin's house, it was probably that hot or hotter: he lives out in the boonies in the dry areas out east. It was nice and quiet there but too hot! Yes, San Diego does get humid.Oh I would love to see that picture! LOL Yes, it was difficult to cook in the heat. That's a good call about @19shmoo69's last meal lol. Ooh a secret mini-crush! :D That's nice you spent time with a potential new friend. I hope you have a great time at your dad's birthday party! My food was bad yesterday but at least I only ate once!

@baodell17724 Congrats on the loss! Oh yeah, I hated the formalities of OA, too. I don't know of any alternatives besides maybe T.O.P.S.? But I think it's in-person meetings and I've never attended them: https://tops.org/ Also, I was a WW member for years and they have online meetings that I found helpful. I guess I do know alternatives lol.

@megnolia82 Way to go!

@morenin Sorry you've been sick. I hope you feel better soon. It's hard to concentrate on our health journeys when we are sick. Good job with signing up for the exercise classes!

@TeresaW2024 Oh I made the burgers before the BBQ stuff, that's why I could do it. Did I have the energy to then cook the BBQ stuff? NO but my husband did most of the work lol. I did enjoy the party, the girl cousins actually were nice to me! :) I actually liked the WW online meetings, I guess everyone has a different experience! :D I'm so sorry about Joe's decline. That must be very stressful and scary for you both. I think Facetiming you is a great idea for the meetings. I hope they can accommodate your requests.

Hi all. The party was really nice. We were 2 hours late due to cooking more stuff but it ended up we were just on time because everyone else was 2 hours late lol. There was a TON of food, too much. Unfortunately, those ribs and chicken that we stayed up until 2 am cooking? My cousin-in-law put them in the oven to heat and ended up leaving them in too long and they dried out but they still had a good flavor. My husband's girl cousins, who are usually frosty to me, were quite nice to me, which was wonderful. By about 4 pm, the 3 hours of sleep I had was starting to affect me but we didn't leave until 6:30. I still feel exhausted today, I see a nap in my future.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,683 Member
    @TeresaW2024 - the weather here is pretty cool... we are in the 50s most mornings. Some of the leaves are already starting to change. Perfect fall weather! Autumn is calling! I'm sorry you are seeing such rapid changes in Joe, but it's good that you are so proactive and working with your pastor to modify your job so you can accommodate Joe's increasing need for care. I hope the church can support the changes you request.

-Mica
  • micaroo4
    @Katmary71 - I just bought some ashwaganda to give that a try. I have to be careful with any new supplements. I have microscopic colitis, and I never know if something is going to cause symptoms to flare. I'll try it, and hopefully there won't be any gastric consequences.

-Mica
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,252 Member
    19Shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 245
    C. W. 245

I think it's three weeks stalled. I had a family schedule change last week. That caused very little movement. This week I received my new workout from my encouragement coach. Now to jam out of this plateau.
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 48 Member
    Very interesting article about a less-expensive alternative to Ozempic, et al which according to one test works better. https://dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13820505/ozempic-supplement-skinny-jab-symbiotic-fat-burn.html
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 198 Member
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:227.2
    CW: 227.2
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,940 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @txcritter69 @laurelfit57 @littlebabekitty @bhagatcaroline
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow To The Following: @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay @Jactop
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,940 Member
    @19shmoo69 I had mocha almond fudge at an ice cream shop in Sacramento and it was really good! I haven't had Baskin Robbins I'll have to try it.

@micaroo4 I hope Rich is feeling better soon. That's a good change on sleep! Enjoy the craft fair, do you have a favorite you look for or do you like checking out everything? I like browsing them too. I hope the Ashwaganda helps yay! I bought it not expecting it to help but was pleasantly surprised (friend tries stuff like I do but I'm still a skeptic until I try things). The bottle I got said to take 2 pills at bedtime but I started at 1 and it's been enough.

@baodell17724 Have you checked out the forums on here? I'm thinking you could pick topics you're interested in to share with others. For example I was in the garden group and the vegetable group, you do end up with some sharing more than others but you'd be able to scan by things that don't interest you.

@megnolia82 Your weigh in definitely shows how well you've been doing, way to go!

@morenin Hugs I hope you're feeling better soon. That's a great weigh in for stromboli the night before! I hope the exercise classes go well this week.

@TeresaW2024 Thanks! I'm tired too I feel anxious until I get stuff off my mental “to-do” list which is pressure I don't need. Crush for a little while, I don't know if I want to be more than friends so I'm letting it be. His wife passed away a few years ago, if nothing else he's a gardening friend. His cat is gorgeous she seriously looks like she could be a sibling of my cats but she has even more fur than they have. Weights are crazy expensive! Remember during Covid they were doubled in price? Wow I really hope the Pastor is understanding and works with you, those aren't unreasonable requests as all. Prayers sent up for this working out for the best! I'm sorry to hear that about Joe as well, you're an amazing caregiver and wife.

@trooworld Woohoo I'm glad to hear that about the cousins, I think you've proven yourself by now! I hope things continue to improve you deserve a positive family and they're lucky to have you. Hey eating once if eating bad is actually good, I think that's a great way for fitting in those not-so-healthy meals.

@19shmoo69 Maintaining is better than gaining, I hope the workout busts you out of the plateau!

Hi team! I went with my neighbors to breakfast at The Grange, the 4H kids serve the meals which is fun and very community-oriented. I got the Garden Club's Minutes started but need to finish and get the cans to the curb then shower and head to my brother's to ride with them for my Dad's birthday dinner. Next few days are a little too busy but I'll get through it. Have a wonderful Monday! I woke up thinking it was Monday and texted my best friend who is having shoulder surgery Monday that I was praying the surgeon performs magic on her shoulder, she replied instantly that she wasn't in surgery, haha. Let's have an awesome week!
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 107 Member
    @Katmary71 I reweighed myself at the proper time and lost weight LOL. Whichever one you want to use? The one at the proper time was:

SW: 255
    PW: 216.6
    CW: 214.7
  • micaroo4
    @Katmary71 - I bought capsules of 920mg. Every bottle seems to have a different strength, so I went with the highest dose. It said take with a meal, so I took it at breakfast. 🤦‍♀️ I didn't fall asleep at the craft fair, so I don't think it matters what time of day.🤷‍♀️.
    The craft fair was fun. Mostly I just browsed. I bought some handmade Christmas cards, and a couple of birthday cards. They have a raffle for various craft items, and I bought 20 tickets. There was food, so I bought Rich some shortbread cookies, some honey maple nuts, and some cherry chocolate granola.
    -Mica
  • baodell17724

@baodell17724 Congrats on your loss this week!! I would also get bored in an OA meeting. I’ve been a member of TOPS and Weight Watchers and found them both boring and much more of a social club than an actual support group that works toward helping people reach their goals. If you want to think outside the box, you can always check out my guru, Jason Seib. :)https://www.jasonseib.com/

Thanks for your congrats, Teresa! I'm glad I'm not the only one to find weight-loss meetings unhelpful. If I'm going to attend a meeting, I at least want to feel I'm getting some useful info / support, Your Jason Seib seems he's all about 'Helpin' the Ladies' !!! LOL

I plan to meet with the pastor this week to discuss my job and what needs to change. The main two things are that I also don’t want to attend staff meetings in person. These meetings are at 7:30 pm, and I’m not dragging Joe out with me, especially with the colder months coming. They can either change the time so I can take Joe with me, or they can Facetime me. I also don’t want to do anything outside of my secretary duties. This includes being in charge of the potlucks and other church events.

I belong to two different churches; one is a mega-church and the other is my tiny (now, sadly) home church. Because of the COVID pandemic both churches changed all staff meetings (and other large public events and committee meetings) to being online ZOOM. After the pandemic, both churches started having congregational meeting in-person again, BUT everyone loved having staff meetings and committee meetings online that they've continued that format. Some staff members and church members live a distance away, or don't like to drive at night, or have jobs where they can't leave early (but can attend via ZOOM). One of the few blessings of the pandemic was the realization that meetings don't have to be in-person, and that meetings which are held online tend to be shorter, since our ZOOM-attention spans are much shorter! LOL I think that starting a meeting at 7:30pm is too late, our church meetings online start at 6:30pm which gives folks time to get home, or be able to tune-in to listen on the phone in their car, if traveling.

Second, in both churches, staff is NOT expected to PLAN events. Staff roles are to be logistical only. They make sure that no one has already rented the room, they may make copies of event flyers (sometimes design them) available, but OTHERS are expected to distribute them, they may make a bulk purchase of needed supplies. Events are planned by a committee of church members who do the majority of the legwork, before/during/after the events they plan. Staff (including ministers) may/may not attend said events depending on their personal and family life. Potlucks were one of the mainstays of church life in the past, and can still be in the present, but with the realization that there are food allergies now, folks who are vegetarian/vegan, cleanliness of other kitchens, and many dealing with eating difficulties at best, and disorders at worst, so other forms of social gatherings should be planned, as well. Just as one might expect that those in AA might not show up to events serving alcohol (most churches don't, except beer/wine maybe at a paid-for wedding reception), I don't think you and others - who perhaps don't wish to self-identify - as people who don't wish to be overly-tempted by all
    those creamy casseroles and mega-calories desserts!

• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 280 Member
    Weigh In Sunday: Sept 8
    SW 175
    PW 167.8
    CW 167.8
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,461 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    tdv6d3mwtscp.png
    bq418lp8dgjw.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    k03khqmirdu2.png

By Pounds
    jrg6mdr0goia.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    42mfvk0y60ws.png

By Pounds
    cxgwfs0cqjv0.png
    e8krqgczzdop.png

Team Winners
    677aw4y9340v.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    u246eobqo5rr.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 555 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 146.8
    CW: 146.6

• littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 398 Member

littlebabekitty

Weigh in Day: Sunday 

SW:220

PW: 195

CW: 197

Gained
  • baodell17724
    Katmary71 wrote: »

@baodell17724 Have you checked out the forums on here? I'm thinking you could pick topics you're interested in to share with others. For example I was in the garden group and the vegetable group, you do end up with some sharing more than others but you'd be able to scan by things that don't interest you.

Yes, I did join several of interest to me and will need to start posting in them! I must say that THIS group (all us, Slimsters) has been the friendliest group of folks right from the get-go!!!

• micaroo4
    Good morning Slims!
    Well, it was back to poor quality sleep again last night. I don't know how long it might take ashwagandha to work. Sleep score last night was 46 on my Garmin.
    -Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,065 Member
    @TeresaW2024 - Your pastor is crazy if he doesn't accommodate you. You seem like the best church admin I ever met!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 855 Member
    @morenin feel better soon!

This morning I have been fighting with the treadmill - it won’t turn on! Yikes. I’ll have to get my husband to take a look at it later but I’ll be really bummed if it’s dead :( I bought it from
    A friend for $100 last year so I have no idea how old it is.

Anyway, back on the bike! I won’t let it derail me but I am disappointed. I guess I could suck it up and go….outside! lol but I’m still at the stage I’m comfortable in my basement without any spectators.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,452 Member

w7wz9a7nuutj.png
    CONGRATS TO THE WHOLE TEAM for achieving 1st place by both percentage and pounds! A special shout-out goes to @vegan4lyfe2012 for leading the way! And way to go also goes to @megnolia82 and @laurelfit57 for making it onto the leaderboard! Woo hoo!

@19shmoo69 That's good you have a new workout and are still working with your encouragement coach. Hang in there!

@baodell17724 Interesting article, for the results and also that Ozempic only costs about $206 per month for Brits compared to our $1200-1500 here in the US! Might be worth looking into this probiotic/prebiotic combo with fruits and veggies. Thanks for posting.

@Katmary71 Yes! Thank you, they are a nice family and I'm lucky to be a part of it. Your community sounds so nice, they always have a community-centric thing going on, huh? I hope the next few days allow for a little break somewhere in there so you can relax a bit. Is your best friend still having surgery today? I hope it goes well.

@morenin Congrats on the loss!

@micaroo4 I'm glad you had fun at the craft fair. Sounds like you got some good stuff. I love homemade cards! How is Rich doing? Sorry about the poor sleep.

@megnolia82 I hope your hubby can figure out the treadmill problem. Good to pivot to the bike.

Hi all. At one point during the day, it was 106F here with a "Feels Like" of 114.6F! We were out and about in it until about noon. We came home and put the AC unit in the living room and just hung out in the AC the rest of the day. It was still 82-84F in the living room but it was better than not having the AC unit in the living room. Hopefully it is cooler today, but at least I am at work all day.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"