Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - September 2024

Replies

• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 280 Member
    Good morning,

@trooworld I think you are doing the right thing too. It should not be that hard to get that surgery done. One of the crafts that I am working on is a shelf I made for us to hang our towels on when we get in the hot tub. The weather has got to it so I am doing to touch ups. The the rest is just little thing for fall decor around the house. Yes we are still using the same trainer She started an advanced training club that meets on Monday nights. So we are going to that and then she is now coming to the house 2 days a week Wed and Fri so we can work Diesel with her dog Gracie.

It has been a somewhat busy week. Diesel is coming along in his training. I think 3 days a week is much better. We had a small mishap with his Wed as he nipped my calf after he had too much time working with Gracie. his anxiety got the best of him.
    I was not able to start using the rebounder until yesterday due to me hurting my back when Diesel and I went hiking last Sat. I stepped in a hole and tweaked my back. Feeling much better now. I love the fact that we are using the hot tub again. I have been waking up with less pain the last 2 mornings. So yesterday I did the 2 min on the rebounder and I will continue it for the next week.

Have a great day!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,452 Member
    @TeresaW2024 I do! But to me, that just shows how much more thorough they are. I already have counseling so yes, but that's through my regular therapist. I will have sessions with dieticians through their program. Yes, I agree, it will be important to have counseling! Oh I haven't quite decided on the rebounder yet. I thought about it: I don't know where I will put it lol. I am still thinking about it though. LOL I'm glad you had fun with your sister! I'm sorry you didn't feel well. I hope you got your work stuff done.

@DrewsAnna Those bagels do look good! :)

@Katmary71 I think I would have, too! Yes, we would have fun! I think the new center is already much better. And definitely more thorough! I'm glad, too! Lots of drama at your board meeting. My HOA board went to the drama side, too, this guy who was a member got so nasty that the HOA management company quit! Then the nasty guy started attacking me through email. He eventually quit so we got the management company back, but it's been a lot of drama. I'm glad the greenhouse went well. I'm sorry about the pain, how are you today? Rainbow challenge...I don't think I ever had a guide for it. I think you may be confusing me? I did just find this online, hopefully it helps: https://foodfoundation.com/articles/eat-the-rainbow-challenge-2

@19shmoo69 Yes, it worked! Your new pup is cute!

@txcritter69 Thank you! NO, it shouldn't be this hard. I am paying a lot of money (well, my insurance is!) to get it done. Someone must want my money! :D Oh that's a good idea to make a shelf. And fall decor is fun! That's good you are going to the same trainer and Diesel is used to her. Sorry about the mishap and the tweak to your back. I used to love hot tubs, I haven't been in one in ages though! Have fun with the rebounder.

Hi all. I have physical therapy this morning for my knee. I don't have high hopes for it to help, I don't see how it can help arthritis, but we'll see. I should be more optimistic lol. It's cooled down by about 20 degrees here, it's in the mid-70s now and it's really nice. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but last night while watching TV, I put on my oversized fleece-lined hoodie! It was wonderful. I'm getting my hair cut today. Same cut, so nothing earth-shattering, but it will feel good.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 234 Member
    @Katmary71 Yikes on that board meeting! Tears and yelling aren’t a very good way to get things done. The rainbow challenge sounds like a great idea, and I need to join it. I keep saying I will add more fruit and veggies, but then I don’t. Now that fall is here, I will be more inclined to do more cooking, which will help me get in more veggies. :)

@19shmoo69 It did work! What a cute doggie! <3

@txcritter69 Oh, poor Diesel and your calf! Did he realize that he did wrong? Maggie has snapped at us before and then always needs lots of extra love because she knows she did something unacceptable. How long have you been using your rebounder? :)

@trooworld Wouldn’t it be nice if you could find a rebounder and test it out? They can be returned, but that would be a hassle. I hope the physical therapy will help your knees. My mom has terrible knees and says her new carnivore diet has taken all her pain away. I will be curious how she feels when the weather turns cold because she really suffers in the winter. Yayyy for cooler weather and wearing a hoodie! We are cool and rainy here today. :)

Good morning! Other than the usual, there is not much going on today. I will do a shoulder and rebounder workout this morning and do some housework. I’m still doing church work for our two events next month. We have a choral group coming to perform and will have a big potluck lunch afterward. Then, the following weekend, we are having a catered ladies' luncheon. All good things, but there are a lot of details, and I’m working on staying in my lane and not taking on more than I want to do. Joe just woke up! Have a good day. :)
  • baodell17724
    baodell17724 Posts: 48 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @baodell17724 I agree the Rollators are awesome but they are hard on the shoulders and upper back.

I had thought about getting a new rollator, the kind with the high handle bars you rest your arms on horizontally, but my visiting nurse (year ago) said his clients with had them, complained of the shoulder and neck problems you speak of, over time.

Thanks so much for posting all those strength-training vids for me, and the rest of us !!! You're the best!

Off to start my 3rd day of "10,000 steps"...

• maryirisfroehlich
    maryirisfroehlich Posts: 26 Member
    Maryirisfroehlich
    Friday Weigh-in
    PW: 203.5
    CW: 200.7
  • maryirisfroehlich
    maryirisfroehlich Posts: 26 Member
    edited September 13
    @Katmary71 Hello, I put my weight up if you want to put it up. However, I decided to leave the group and will not continue posting my weight next week. It seems like a nice group but I’m not very tech savvy and get overwhelmed with trying to figure out where to go to post my weight each week. I’ll still post my weight updates on MyFitnessPal progress section, just not with the group. Wish you all the best on your health journey.
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 862 Member
    Lislisa123
    Fridays
    PW: 303.8lbs
    CW: 300.4lbs
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 360 Member
    Hi, I got my bagels made and some brown rice portioned and in the freezer. Today, I'll be making some healthy hamburger and putting it in the freezer. I made stuffed bell peppers with brown rice the other day. Getting ready for football season. While hubby is eating his fattening football food, I'll be eating some healthier food.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,940 Member
    @19shmoo69 Yep adorable pup!

@txcritter69 I'm so glad your back is feeling better, less pain in the mornings is awesome!

@trooworld Yikes your HOA sounds awful I'm glad the PITA is gone! That's a great article! I thought you'd posted the challenge before but I think it may have been a link, not sure now. Oh the hoodie after last week's heat is perfect I'd been thinking I couldn't wait for fall pjs!

@TeresaW2024 Perfect I'm glad you're in for the Rainbow Challenge! I'm glad you're not taking on too much with the upcoming events.

@baodell17724 You're welcome! I saw a woman with a walker like that at the store you don't see those often! You're very welcome!

@maryirisfroehlich I understand we'll miss you, keep being awesome and thank you for being part of Mission Slimpossibles, if you ever change your mind the door is always open to you.

@DrewsAnna Great job setting yourself up for success!

Hi team! The charity event last night went well, I ended up sticking around for all of it. We did real well with the raffle tickets, not sure what our percentage of the night was but it was definitely a success. I didn't end up working today so I'm puttering in the yard and house but not getting much done. I did work out though! Eating healthy today too the last two nights were not healthy and I'm feeling it. Have a great Friday night! I'm headed to the greenhouse so we can get all our dirt there for the morning.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,940 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @Cornanda @davors19 @bethanie0825 @vegan4lyfe2012 @bhagatcaroline
    Reminder to The Following to Weigh in Tomorrow please: @865jessica @Digger61 @gemwolf110
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,683 Member
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 130.6
    CW: 129.5

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,065 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 177.4
    CW: 176.8

:)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,065 Member
    Hi All- This week has been interesting. My son moved out. Both of my children have lived here since graduating from college. They have struggled to find jobs using their degrees. I have opinions about the job market, but this isn't the place to discuss them. Anyway, he found roommates and a place and we moved his stuff on Monday night. This should be a great learning experience for him. I'm happy for him.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,452 Member
    @TeresaW2024 Yes! I was thinking that. I think, if I can figure out where I will store it, I will get a cheaper one on Amazon to just see if I like rebounding. If I do, I can upgrade later. That's great about your mom. So, she likes the new diet? I hope it continues to help in the winter. Nice, I like the rain and cool (although not too much of either lol). Good luck with the event planning!

@Maryirisfroehlich I'm sorry to hear this, Mary. You are doing great. I wish you the best of luck!

@Lislisa123 Congrats on the loss!

@DrewsAnna Great job with the prepping!

@Katmary71 It's just that one guy that was making it awful. I'm glad he's gone, too! Yeah I may have posted a link about it (I can't remember, I post a lot of crap lol). Yeah the hoodie felt so nice. It's one of those giant ones that comes down to your knees and it's fleece-lined, so comfy! I'm glad your event went well. Good job with the workout!

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss! I'm glad you are happy for your son, that's good he moved out. Does it help with your eating that he moved out?

Hi all. PT was okay. She said I need to come about 4-6 times, once a week. That works out pretty well for me. I feel a bit bloated from all the carbs I've been eating. I'm looking forward to tonight's roasted sweet potato and chickpea bowls even though it's more carbs, it's complex carbs. I have a nice and relaxing Saturday ahead of me: I'm not picking up groceries until tomorrow. I will probably go to coffee with my husband. I may go to water aerobics if I can get up the nerve. I'm getting both the COVID and flu vaccines today. That's really about it. Oh, my old surgery center finally got back to me saying they would try to schedule me before the end of the year. I told them I had decided to go with a different center!

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 107 Member
    A little bit frustrated today. Even when I keep my calories under control, my weight bounces up and down. Today it was almost back to 220 lb. even though I've been watching my calories! Tomorrow is weigh in day, and I suspect I will be up, regardless of what I do. It makes me feel out of control, and like I shouldn't try. I'm also having trouble focusing, possibly because life is overwhelming right now, though in a good way. It makes it hard for me to keep up with the posts on here. Sorry about that. ><
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 862 Member
    @trooworld Thanks! I reached my small goal of getting back into the 200's! It's been 9 years. The next goal is to get back down to 285 lbs.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 360 Member
    Hi, I'm not sure what my plan is today, but I'm sure there is one.

Have a great Saturday 🙂
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 207.4
    Today’s Weight: 209.4