Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - October 2024

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,997 Member
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @Jactop
    Reminder To Weigh In Tomorrow: @askewcr
    Reminder To Weigh in Friday: @Cornanda @bethanie0825 @davors19 @pashin8nz2000
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,997 Member
    @baodell17724 I love your post yesterday I think many people think because of age or health issues it's impossible to change their current state and throw in the towel or lean on medication (like my folks). You've already proved to yourself you can make big changes despite MS, age, and physical limitations. Protein's been a hard one for me too I used to just have a few servings a WEEK and ate mostly carbs. I second your thinking about good protein for weightlifting, I tried to low ball it but I was too weak to lift weights and adding more made a big difference on getting through lifting and going up on weights plus I was a lot less hungry.

@FushiaKat That trike sounds awesome yay, I think you'll love it! I'm so glad you're feeling better, maybe the not too inspired feeling is from just getting over being so sick?

@AmbersWay Got it logged, thanks! I'm glad you're hanging in there always happy to see you post.

@micaroo4 So many times when I get off-track I don't want to feel lousy the next day again and that gets me to stop eating junk. Amazing what a big difference it makes.

@Cornanda Go Lisa!

@trooworld Thank you I hope it does for her too. Luckily we have a lot of charity events in this week leading up to her surgeries so that'll help her keep her mind off it as much as possible (she's in charge of our volunteer appreciation dinner the night before her surgery). I hope the sleep apnea hasn't progressed but it's smart to find out before surgery. Tomorrow my brother and I are going to Reno overnight for a Godsmack concert, woot woot!

@morenin LOL I never thought of that with the key string I bet that happens a lot if it's dangling! We were talking at the farm this morning about the rumor if you put a circle of tape on the floor a cat can't resist sitting in it, well my cats don't care AT ALL. Hope you get that key fast!

@lisalisa123 Oh my goodness huge hugs to you, you're under a LOT of stress and have good reasons for it to be up please don't beat yourself up. I know seeing it absolutely SUCKS but you're still doing great no matter what the scale says right now. I know it's tough seeing it even if you know the reasons why.

@DrewsAnna Got your weigh in the first time, I had mentally noted to go back on Wednesdays to look for your weigh in glad I caught it. I hope you get the hang of our alternate Mission Slimpossibles!

@Ceriusly1 I'm pretty fascinated about the other Mission Slimpossibles myself welcome to this alternate one!

Hi team! I wasn't planning to go to the farm today but I did, I'm glad I did it was a beautiful, cool morning for a change and I got in a bunch of onions, cauliflower, and harvested eggplant then went to the greenhouse and harvested four trays of micro greens I brought back to the farm for everyone, they were huge! Had my personal tray of veggies and a few were flowering so I brought them home, I'm planning to get those in at the garden bed I'm renting hopefully this weekend. I have a charity Board meeting tonight then tomorrow we're leaving around Noon so I'll catch you all on the flip side, have a great end of the week and keep being awesome!

@vegan4lyfe2012 thought you'd like the attached photo as well as a few others here who would enjoy it!9t08sudxx9gc.jpg
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 594 Member
    @Vegan4lyfe that totally makes sense, I always have to break things down into small bits and celebrate those little wins. I am so sorry to hear about Oliver! I wish they could find out a definite answer.

@19shmoo69 did you find all the different areas of the challenge? I didn't have time this morning, so I have been reading everything for about an hour now and I'm still not finished lol! The last couple of things are for tomorrow my brain is tired

@Katmary71 i'm sure once the challenge is started up we will figure it out better. There is a lot of information. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, I hope you have a good evening out! Reading about all the vegetables you brought from the farm made me hungry, I need to make supper soon lol!

@Micaroo4 I'm so glad that you mentioned the 5% challenge, I think it will be a great thing to shake things up for me. I just have to figure it out lol

@Cornanda excited that you joined the 5% challenge!

@trooworld I am a work in progress and about half of the time I am succeeding in taking a break in the afternoon. Your healthcare team is so thorough! That is great that you are getting a sleep study, I know it can be kind of a pain.

We went for brunch at the dinner theatre and watched the musical Nashville, it was great! We eat at around 10:30. This morning I made myself a scrambled egg with broccoli and feta cheese so I wasn't starving when I arrived there. I was happy with the choices that I made at the buffet. I had a huge salad plate to begin with, for the main course I stuck with proteins. I must admit I did really enjoy a little bit of bread pudding! It was delicious :-).
    Last night in agility, Ty ran in front of me and I fell flat out. I wasn't seriously hurt, but today realized that sitting wasn't the best thing. We are at the dinner theatre for five hours and sitting there for that long was not a good thing for my butt🤣.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 416 Member
    @Katmary71 alternate Slimpossibles?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,306 Member
    DrewsAnna wrote: »
    @Katmary71 alternate Slimpossibles?

In the 5% challenge there’s a group named Mission Slimpossible. They didn’t know about our group.

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,111 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - I hope Oliver's brain will check out perfect.

@trooworld - We are on the Atlantic coast, so Milton was not too bad over here. His backside is still hanging around right now.

@lislisa123 - you hang in there- Hurricanes are stressful and once you get back to working your plan, you'll be just fine again.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,587 Member
    @morenin Oh I hope it passes quickly. That's good it's not something more serious. That's a bummer about your treadmill. I hope you can get the key.

@Lislisa123 I don't know where you are located, but I hope you are untouched by the hurricane. Big hugs and stay safe.

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 It's good that she will be able to keep her mind off things. Oh that's right, I had forgotten about the Godsmack concert. Have fun!!! I'm glad you had a good morning at the farm. Hahaha love the Pennywise!

@laurelfit57 Aren't we all? LOL That's good you are succeeding half the time. Yes, I am very pleased with my care at this point! Yeah, I just want to get the results and not do the study lol. I'm glad you had fun at the musical. That scramble sounds yummy. Good job at the buffet. My husband's favorite dessert is bread pudding! Oh gosh, I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt.

@Cornanda Oh I'm glad you weren't directly in the path. Stay dry!

Hi all. Not much going on here. I have to stop eating sometime tonight, I am going to stop eating and drinking at 7 as I forgot what the doctor's office told me (tomorrow, I am having an endoscopy). I just looked up some general info and it looks like I have to stop at least 8 hours prior.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 396 Member
    askewcr
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW 253.5
    CW 251.5

Let's go get it!! B)

"Lord help me to stay this course!!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 261 Member
    Hey Team! I forgot to write yesterday, and today has been busy with lots of church stuff to do after my staff meeting last night. Everything is good here. I did an upper-body workout that will have my triceps crying tomorrow. Have a good day, and I will catch up tomorrow! :)
  • DrewsAnna
    @Katmary71 oh, lol... that's funny. If I would've known I would have requested to be in that group. Lol... I think I may have finally found my group 🤔

I was disappointed in my weigh in, even though, I know better than to be disappointed. I bought some candy corn (my favorite Halloween candy) and I drank a 7up. My discipline that I've been practicing went right out of the window. Today, is a brand new day and I'm getting back on track.

I did go on a walk yesterday, and I got almost 10,000 steps. My goal is 8,000 and my knee & feet were hurting, so it was an early bedtime for me.

I drank all my water, so it wasnt a total waste.
  • 19shmoo69
    To all my Stridekick friends, I will no longer be using the app. After yesterday’s update it’s been a struggle with constant logging in only to have change my password repeatedly then my Fitbit wouldn’t sync. Ugh…sigh
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,229 Member
    @Katmary71 – Have an awesome time at the concert! Yes, my therapist really tries to get me thinking positively. I am utterly amazed at all your veggie and herb growing…and jealous! I’m exhausted just reading about everything you’re involved in! OMGoodness that Edible Pennywise is hilarious!

@baodell17724 – Nice job with cutting out the junk!

@FushiaKat – I can’t wait to see a picture of the trike!

@AmbersWay – Hugs. Glad to see you on here.

@trooworld – Those sauces can really add up. I just wanted you to be aware. I wish condiments were calorie freebies!

@lislisa123 – Hugs. I hope everything gets back to normal as soon as possible.

@laurelfit57 – Oh Ty!

Update on Oliver: The neurologist said they are going to do gene mapping to try to find the cause of the seizures. Since they are focalized, it’s not something he’ll outgrow and they may never find a definitive answer. He’ll most likely need medication for life, but as long as he takes it, he’ll be good. We just have to keep an eye on his weight as the amount will need to be upped after every few pounds. Huge relief. Thank you for your continued prayers for my sweet little Ollipop.

I’m making better choices, so hopefully that will be demonstrated with my next weigh-in. I also just ordered 2 sets of resistance bands to do the chair exercises @Katmary71 recommended. I bought medium, heavy, x-heavy and 2x-heavy. My ankles are hurting too much to do excessive walking, so I’m going to buckle down on strength training.

Let’s do this!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,961 Member
    @19shmoo69 - I can't access Stridekick at all. It says I need to update the app, but the Google Play Store says I'm already updated. I sent a message to support, but no response yet. 😕
  • 19shmoo69
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    @19shmoo69 - I can't access Stridekick at all. It says I need to update the app, but the Google Play Store says I'm already updated. I sent a message to support, but no response yet. 😕

I was able to update. I emailed to let them know I kept having change my password and that my Fitbit won’t sync. They let me know others had to keep trying and it eventually synced.

Well I am not going to keep at it. Lol

• Cornanda
    Hi, I haven't tried to log in to stridekick since the update, but how disappointing if they messed it all up.

I haven't even tried to decipher the 5% challenge info yet. Anyone offering tutoring? I am in a group with @DrewsAnna

What do you think of my pooch?
    szqw4dfxrkxh.jpg
  • 19shmoo69
    Thursday Ice Breaker Question

Show us your most-used emojis on your cell phone.

Mine are 😂🤣🤯
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Hi! Quick stop by. Got to see the aurora borealis this evening. Was very cool to see and was on my bucket list. Of course I thought I’d have to go to Alaska to see it but because of the solar flares got to see it. Which idk if I should be more amazed by the natural phenomenon or concerned about the flares?!?

ewk63h7i0c7a.jpeg
    8zlhhy2h7p6m.jpeg

Hope everyone has a great night!

Missy
  • DrewsAnna
    edited October 11
    @gemwolf110 amazing pictures, thank you for sharing.

@Cornanda I have been slowly but surely deciphering. Go to "practice week" and slowly read & reread the instructions. Check out your LTGL (living the good life) section. That is important. Practice week shows you how to do your points. Ask questions.
    Go to Week 1 and slowly read for week 1 which starts on Saturday. Start friending people on your team to "meet your cheerleaders". Take you measurements, I'm still not sure where the team pages are but I'll let you know when I find out. Spend 10 minutes outside each day. I may have forgotten some things because I'm still deciphering, please check out practice week and week one. I love your best buddy, that's an amazing picture.

I think I'm finally figuring out how to navigate the 5% challenge, I'm on the Tenacious Gr8ters team (I was wrong about rain dancers). My best buddy and I went for a walk today and I didn't make the greatest food choices today, but I measured and tracked all of it and I'm still under my calories. So, not a total loss.
  • Cornanda
    edited October 11
    @drewsanna- thanks so much for the info. Maybe we are not on the same team. Now, I will go figure that out.

Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 177.4
    CW: 175.4

DH has tried to convince me for weeks that I need to shake up my routine, but I was paralyzed and couldn't figure out what to do. So, he said- Just eat nothing but lean protein and vegetables and let's see what happens. I have done that every day since Monday. And it hasn't even been that hard! I will do that again today and then go back to regular foods and calories for Sat/Sun. And then start again Monday. :)

Lisa

PS: And coffee. Who could give up coffee?
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 137 Member
    My most used emojis! 😛 😁 😼

In less fun news, I ate my calories, but had 100 calories more than the day before, less salt, more water, and gained almost 3 lb. overnight. And I get weighed by a doctor today. I have no idea what I did wrong. Gonna go scream into the ether.
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 261 Member
    edited October 11
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I’m sorry that little Oliver is going to have to take medication for life. But thank God there is medication for him and that he has an awesome grandma to keep a close eye on him. <3

@Cornanda I think your pooch can fly!! :D Congrats on your 2 lb. loss! Your DH is a smart man. ;)

@gemwolf110 Wow, that sky is incredible! I would love to see that sky in person. Thanks for sharing! :)

Good morning! I am so out of the loop with this new 5% challenge, but I wish you all the best. :) Today, I have to bring supplies to the church for our big potluck event this Sunday. One of our college girls is part of a large chorale group at her college, and they are coming to perform for us on Sunday morning. Then, we will feed them with a big potluck lunch. I’m making those super easy and tasty Lil’ Smokies with Sweet Baby Rays and grape jelly in the crockpot. I told my carnivore mom she could have some if she rinsed the sauce off first. :D OK, I'm off to get Joe up and do my leg workout. Have a great day! :)

I use a lot of emojis, but these are my current favorites! 🤣🫤😳🙄🤔🙏💖
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,587 Member
    @askewcr Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW2024 Good that everything is well. Good job with the workout!

@morenin @DrewsAnna Hang in there. Next week will be better.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yes they can! Especially if you use more than one. Me too! I'm glad to know that if Oliver takes the medication, he'll be seizure-free. He's too sweet to suffer from seizures! Yay for better choices.

@Cornanda That's a great picture! He looks like he's having a blast! :D Congrats on the loss! Good luck with the new plan. Coffee...I can't have coffee this morning and I really miss it!

THURSDAY ICE BREAKER QUESTION:
    Since I access this site on my desktop computer, it's going to have to be what I can do on my keyboard: :):(:D

Hi all. I have my endoscopy this morning. Of course, I woke up with a bad headache and couldn't take anything. I also can't eat anything or drink anything. I'll be glad to get this done.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • 19shmoo69
    @Cornanda What did I miss? Who’s giving up coffee? An intervention may be necessary!
  • DrewsAnna
    @Cornanda we arr on the same team. I sent you a friend request.

Stress test 😪 I'm wearing my garmin, hopefully I remember to set it 😅
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 916 Member
    @katmary71, @vegan4lyfe2012, @trooworld, @Cornanda, Thank you for all the support and concern. We got lucky, I live in southeast Florida, and the storm stayed on the west side, and by the time it went across it was already in the Tampa/Sarasota area so it missed us. My family is safe. However, I did hear there is another possible storm coming to Florida next week. 😱
  • micaroo4
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 127.4
    CW: 127.3

Maintenance range: 127-133
    Weighing in one day early, because we are going away tomorrow first thing in the morning.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 310 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 263
    CW: 263
  • micaroo4

😕🤗❤️😍🥳